Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4150394 times)

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #70400 on: June 13, 2022, 06:22:52 pm »
AJ has signed a six fight multi million pound deal with DAZN starting with the Usyk rematch.  :o

Hypothetically:

So Usyk 2
Fury 1 & 2
Wilder
Whyte 2
Usyk 3 (If he wins)

That's effectively his last 6 fights, big coup for DAZN.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70401 on: June 13, 2022, 07:01:55 pm »
AJ has signed a six fight multi million pound deal with DAZN starting with the Usyk rematch.  :o

Hypothetically:

So Usyk 2
Fury 1 & 2
Wilder
Whyte 2
Usyk 3 (If he wins)
That's a hell of a hypothetical mate ;D

He needs to win the first one for any of the others to happen.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #70402 on: June 14, 2022, 01:58:52 pm »
Julius Francis still got some KO power I see
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #70403 on: June 14, 2022, 02:01:34 pm »

Hypothetically:

So Usyk 2
Fury 1 & 2
Wilder
Whyte 2
Usyk 3 (If he wins)

Not going to happen if he loses to Usyk.

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70404 on: June 14, 2022, 03:00:13 pm »
When is AJ Usyk 2? It feels like Fury fights three times for every time AJ fights once

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70405 on: June 14, 2022, 03:04:22 pm »
Will be confirmed this week for August in Jeddah.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #70406 on: June 14, 2022, 04:22:30 pm »
So on AJ, I think regardless of the outcome against Usyk. That he will fight Fury at some stage, no reason the Whyte rematch can't be made, likewise with Wilder particularly if Saudi want to pay silly money for it.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70407 on: June 14, 2022, 04:37:37 pm »
When is AJ Usyk 2? It feels like Fury fights three times for every time AJ fights once
Pretty understandable delay on the Usyk side mate ;D
So on AJ, I think regardless of the outcome against Usyk. That he will fight Fury at some stage, no reason the Whyte rematch can't be made, likewise with Wilder particularly if Saudi want to pay silly money for it.

I think the Fury fight will happen, but probably not for all the belts and probably not till they're both at the Khan v Brook stage of their careers.  Unless AJ beats Usyk in the rematch.

Wilder has never wanted anything to do with Joshua.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70408 on: June 14, 2022, 05:08:59 pm »
They fight about the same amount. Both fought 6 times since the first Fury Wilder fight.

For AJ there are plenty of fights even if he loses. Fury, Wilder, Whyte, Dubois, Joyce, Jalalov, and Anderson will all be big fights at some point in the next few years.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #70409 on: June 14, 2022, 09:04:59 pm »
AJ fully signed up to Edwardo and DAZN now.

Read £100m per year with 2 fights per year

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70410 on: June 15, 2022, 06:05:15 pm »
He's a right dickhead isn't he? Was legit asked "if you;re retired, give up the WBC and RING belts" and his response is this.

Tyson Fury asked if he'll vacate his WBC title: "No, I'm not gonna give it up because I've got 12 months. I'll just keep it as long as possible. I'll keep that in my pocket as long as I want… I'm not holding this division up because I own it, this is my division." [@talkSPORT]

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #70411 on: June 15, 2022, 06:44:26 pm »

Did the guy he ko'd have the soles of his boots sponsored as well haha

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70412 on: June 15, 2022, 06:45:50 pm »
He's a right dickhead isn't he? Was legit asked "if you;re retired, give up the WBC and RING belts" and his response is this.
He's not retired, he's just looking for his next payday, whether that's AJ or Ngannou. The guy is bipolar, bet he doesn't even remember what he had for breakfast this morning.

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70413 on: June 15, 2022, 11:56:56 pm »
Did the guy he ko'd have the soles of his boots sponsored as well haha
Haha I was there actually when he fought Tyson with the Daily Mirror on his soles.

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70414 on: June 16, 2022, 09:44:03 am »

Go on his wiki and check the professional record latest fight  :lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70415 on: June 16, 2022, 01:10:42 pm »
He's not retired, he's just looking for his next payday, whether that's AJ or Ngannou. The guy is bipolar, bet he doesn't even remember what he had for breakfast this morning.

Heard him chatting this morning.

'Show me the money Frank, show me the money, £200m, nah i want half a billy, half a billy Frank.'

Cant stand the cnut

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70416 on: June 16, 2022, 01:23:28 pm »
Go on his wiki and check the professional record latest fight  :lmao :lmao :lmao
Haha My mate sent me a screen shot yesterday. At least he’s halted his long losing run now

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70417 on: June 16, 2022, 09:16:36 pm »
Backup fight for Joyce.  :wave

Joe Joyce will face Christian Hammer in a Heavyweight clash on July 2nd at Wembley Arena.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70418 on: June 17, 2022, 10:40:45 pm »
George Kambosos Jr on Devin Haney: "The rematch is happening, 100%. I've activated the rematch clause.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70419 on: June 18, 2022, 12:46:15 am »
Backup fight for Joyce.  :wave

Isn’t he fighting Parker or that not happening now that Parker is with Boxer?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70420 on: June 18, 2022, 01:10:07 am »
Not happening now but maybe down the line.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70421 on: June 18, 2022, 01:51:07 am »
Not happening now but maybe down the line.

Shame would have been a good fight for both.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70422 on: June 18, 2022, 12:26:13 pm »
The noose tightens.

Heavyweight champion Tyson Fury refused entry to US because of former ties to Daniel Kinahan

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/heavyweight-champion-tyson-fury-refused-entry-to-us-because-of-former-ties-to-daniel-kinahan-41765410.html
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70423 on: June 18, 2022, 02:07:14 pm »
He's fucked!

Beterbiev v Joe Smith tonight lads. Yarde faces the winner according to Frank this October in London.  ;D

Offline rhysd

• Kopite
  • Igor
« Reply #70424 on: June 19, 2022, 04:22:12 am »
Not sure what those tactics were from Smith.

Trying to go toe to toe with a power puncher like Beterbiev. Was only going to end one way.

Wonder if there's any chance we get the Beterbiev v Bivol undisputed showdown now.
20 and 7

Offline El_Frank

• Main Stander
  • Doubters into believers
« Reply #70425 on: June 19, 2022, 10:45:50 am »

Nice casual discriminatory comment about a serious disability there, nice one.  :wave

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70426 on: June 19, 2022, 02:00:11 pm »
Not sure what those tactics were from Smith.

Trying to go toe to toe with a power puncher like Beterbiev. Was only going to end one way.

Wonder if there's any chance we get the Beterbiev v Bivol undisputed showdown now.

No idea as well mate.

As for Beterbiev v Bivol well there's a matter of Canelo wanting to cash in his rematch clause.

Offline rhysd

• Kopite
  • Igor
« Reply #70427 on: June 19, 2022, 05:40:50 pm »
No idea as well mate.

As for Beterbiev v Bivol well there's a matter of Canelo wanting to cash in his rematch clause.

Seemed daft to me. He could have at least tried to use his reach advantage. Going steaming in like that was way too risky, Beterbiev can really hit.

Guess Smith probably realised he wasn't good enough to outbox him, so tried to land something big early. Badly backfired though.

I was hoping Canelo would leave it alone with Bivol.
Last time it was comprehensive. Bivol looked too big, too strong. Canelo's shots just bouncing off him.

I wanted him to go against Benavidez at 168, if he gets past GGG 3, which he should really.
20 and 7

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70428 on: June 19, 2022, 06:12:02 pm »
Rematch confirmed. Shite name for the fight like.  ;D

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70429 on: June 19, 2022, 10:58:47 pm »
Beterbiev is a monster, like a boxing version of Khabib. Said he's coming up to heavyweight soon, him v Usyk would be a dream for boxing purists.

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #70430 on: June 19, 2022, 11:01:46 pm »
Beterbiev is a monster, like a boxing version of Khabib. Said he's coming up to heavyweight soon, him v Usyk would be a dream for boxing purists.
He's not the man to be trying a tear up with at 175, that's for sure; although Callum Johnson hurt him a few times before getting stopped.

Most assume he'll batter Bivol but Bivol won't stand there like a dummy and try to trade with him. I could see Bivol frustrating him and winning a decision.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70431 on: June 20, 2022, 10:21:06 am »
I imagine Uysk will do the same to him as he did in the amateurs.

If you haven't seen Robeisy Ramírez yet then he it is well worth it. The next Loma for me. So classy.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70432 on: June 20, 2022, 10:32:52 am »
Rematch confirmed. Shite name for the fight like.  ;D

And the sportswashing continues.

Serious question. Do they have 'ring girls' at these events?
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70433 on: June 20, 2022, 12:32:49 pm »
And the sportswashing continues.

Serious question. Do they have 'ring girls' at these events?
I don't think they had them at the last fight I watched over there. Although to be honest that's somewhere towards the bottom of the list of reasons not to hold it there.

I actually don't blame Usyk for cashing in as much as possible to be honest. He's the only one who gets a pass.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70434 on: June 20, 2022, 05:23:24 pm »
I don't think they had them at the last fight I watched over there. Although to be honest that's somewhere towards the bottom of the list of reasons not to hold it there.

I actually don't blame Usyk for cashing in as much as possible to be honest. He's the only one who gets a pass.
The truth is Usyk is one of the main reasons it is happening there. Same with the Ruiz rematch. They hold the cards in the rematch and can hold old for the venue that makes the most money. Don't really blame either of them.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70435 on: June 21, 2022, 03:49:44 pm »
The Oleksandr Usyk vs Anthony Joshua rematch Saudi Arabia site deal is worth around $80million (£65million), breaking the previous record they paid for AJ's 2019 rematch with Andy Ruiz Jr. Fight is a 50/50 financial split between the fighters.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70436 on: June 23, 2022, 04:33:40 pm »
Las Vegas confirmed for the Trilogy.

Offline Songs to Sing

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Hold your head up high He made the people happy
« Reply #70437 on: June 23, 2022, 10:16:05 pm »

Pfff come on ggg with his age I don’t want to See him hurt 😞
-Rafael Benitez 03/06/2010: "Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone." No, thank you, you wondeful, humble, gracious man. You fought for us for years and won't be forgotten.-
The 5th Benitle

Online 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70438 on: June 23, 2022, 11:02:43 pm »

Ginger ought to win handily unless the Bivol loss has dented his confidence. If GGG is on the slide, he might even get stopped late. He isn't stopping ginger and there's no way in hell he gets a decision in Vegas against the house fighter!

In other news, Jarrell 'Green Piss' Miller is fighting in Argentina against some journeyman on his comeback. I kid you not, it is a WBA "KO to Drugs" card! Oh boxing  ;D

Jake Paul vs Tommy Fury also confirmed for August 5; will it be a fix, does anyone care?  ::)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 11:06:54 pm by 1892tillforever »

Online 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70439 on: June 24, 2022, 08:38:04 am »
Green piss laboured to a decision win over his journeyman opponent. Miller weighed 341 pounds  :lmao :lmao :lmao

Am I crazy for thinking Srisaket Sor Rungsavai can beat Jesse Rodriguez? He is 7/2 to win which is a bit mad. I know he is likely on the slide but you can't count out a fighter of this quality with his power. Incredible to think that after 5 fights, his record was 1-3-1 and he was knocked out twice. Since then, he has gone 48-2 (losses to Estrada and Cuadras) with 42 KOs, beating Chocolatito twice and Estrada; and I think he would have beaten Cuadras in the rematch if it had gone ahead.

Goes to show that you shouldn't necessarily write fighters off after early losses. Sadly, that happens a lot these days.