Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 3 v Brighton 3 Trossard 4', 17', 83', Bobby 33', 52', Webster 62'  (Read 38711 times)

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
This has all the hallmark of 09/10 and 14/15.

We can’t suddenly find form…we’ve struggling for a while now, including the back end of last season.

I hope I, wrong, but could be in serious trouble position wise come 2 weeks time.

Agreed. I'd add 02/03 under Houllier too.

The chickens have come home to roost and we can keep swimming against the tide.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Yes he did.

He said that he wished the owners took more risks. There's no other way to interpret those comments than him wanting better backing in the transfer market.

Again, you pick out a snippet of a line and never give the context.

Reds ready to move for 'right player' before deadline

Accepts that time is not on the club's side

No issue with backing from Fenway Sports Group

WHAT HAPPENED? Klopp spoke out on the Reds' transfer policy in a press conference at Kirkby on Tuesday, discussing the need for midfield reinforcements before Thursday's deadline, and whether he was happy with the backing he is getting from club owners Fenway Sports Group.

WHAT THEY SAID: Asked if he was happy with FSG's support, Klopp replied: "Yeah. What does it mean 'backed'? It was always like this. Was it always easy? No. Do we discuss these kinds of things in public? No, so why would we start now?

"Let me say it like this; from time to time, I would be ready to risk a bit more, but I don't decide this, and that's then fine. I'm like this; we try everything until somebody tells us we can't do it, and then I don't think back for one second. Let's go from there, let's make something special from this team, a great team. We had some problems but we will really try to squeeze everything out of this season. That's it."

So Jurgen knows the score. he's happy with what FSG has given him. Doesn't think back for one second...but others do because they can pull out a snippet.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
apparently, Klopp will be given a war chest next summer to strengthen the team. Expect big transfer window
Needs to be January or we might not have top 4 to offer, and then forget Jude.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
Slagged him off against United but today why we took Henderson off especially after how he started that second half, baffles me.

TAA needs dropping, been shite this season.
Every game he’s been targeted and if we’re honest majority of the goals we concede come from his side.

Precisely who do we replace him with? His understudy was injured and even after he recovers, I seriously doubt he is ready for the premiership  given his age and imexperience- more carvalho type of growing pains. The team is stuffed because the owners and the manager failed to invest in proper substitutes for vital players like Alexander who have enough experience. Worse, our midfield is physically shot and cannot cope while even teams like Brighton have far more dynamic midfield and today they looked at home on an field which was how well they played.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2022, 07:17:59 pm by ThePoolMan »

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It also seems like an opponents first attack always leads to a goal too.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Needs to be January or we might not have top 4 to offer, and then forget Jude.

Good in terms of Bellingham. I back our transfer team to find 2 or 3 good players. The obsession with Bellingham is laughable.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Because last season most teams had already begun to slow down and take it easy, while we had no easy games or games when we could take it easier. As every game we had, we had to win to stay in the title or in the Cup competitions. We then had a CL final to play and less time off as the new season began earlier this year.

That’s not true.

City didn’t and look fine.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Maybe but I would have thought with players of this quality and with time off that we would have seen some improvement with regards to this. Maybe not to 100% but right now they look so far off the pace and not improving.

Some of it is age catch up to players, some of it is tactics just not working at all, and then for a handful I don't even know what it is - I don't know why Fabinho is as poor as he is. I can see why Trent and Salah and Henderson are and there is theoretically a way to improve for them (change the tactics and not to rely on Henderson ad much) but Fan looks like he is playing through treacle at the moment and I don't know why or how to improve it.

The season started earlier though; they didn't get the normal break. That is why this season could well prove to be a one off and end up with someone unexpected winning. It's also why I hated them going on that tour rather than spending time of the training field and working on any new ideas. It's been rush, rush and even less preparation time.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline ThePoolMan

• Legacy Fan
Maybe but I would have thought with players of this quality and with time off that we would have seen some improvement with regards to this. Maybe not to 100% but right now they look so far off the pace and not improving.

Some of it is age catch up to players, some of it is tactics just not working at all, and then for a handful I don't even know what it is - I don't know why Fabinho is as poor as he is. I can see why Trent and Salah and Henderson are and there is theoretically a way to improve for them (change the tactics and not to rely on Henderson ad much) but Fan looks like he is playing through treacle at the moment and I don't know why or how to improve it.

Fabinho has prematurely aged as  a midfielder in the face of more dynamic and younger midfielders whom he has to compete physically with.  They are faster to the ball and have more desire to win those battles and are hungrier.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Bull shit.

Jurgen never said he wanted to spend more.

Jurgen is given a budget and knows what he can spend. He also knows what player(s) he wants and if he has to wait for them.

He has used that to his advantage since he's been here.

Whoppers who look to interpret things their way and look for any snippet they can latch onto, always seem to think they know what Jurgen "means" not says.

You should change your username to 4FSG.

Klopp spoke out about wanting a centre back a couple of seasons ago and has spoken out about wanting a midfield player this season

That is categorically wanting to spend more money
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
That’s not true.

City didn’t and look fine.

City were out of the cup competitions, therefore they could rest their squad and slow down and just win the title.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Good in terms of Bellingham. I back our transfer team to find 2 or 3 good players. The obsession with Bellingham is laughable.

Totally agree with this.

Just surprised we didn’t have a second option for this summer.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
City were out of the cup competitions, therefore they could rest their squad and slow down and just win the title.

The literally lost the CL semi final in extra time.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Because last season most teams had already begun to slow down and take it easy, while we had no easy games or games when we could take it easier. As every game we had, we had to win to stay in the title or in the Cup competitions. We then had a CL final to play and less time off as the new season began earlier this year.

All the more reason to refresh the fucking squad. When even Van Dijk was begging the club to strengthen the midfield while we sat on our hands and panicked at the end of the window after a bunch of injuries.

Another season tossed away because of the club's ineptitude
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
Right, we didn’t invest but that doesn’t excuse players looking constantly sluggish does it ?

Teams need new signings to refresh them constantly.

I remember Phil Neal once talking about Bob Paisley and saying that even if they won the league or European Cup or both, there would be 2-3 new players coming in every summer to keep the team fresh and the current players on their toes. Basically watering the plant constantly.

Not in FSGs playbook, that. Who instead want to just squeeze every last drop out and let the plant die.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Legacy Fan

It is clear fom the transfer rspeculation that their main target is Bellingham though. Anyway do u think any top midfielder will cost much less? Barella will cost 80m euros at least, even that young 21 year old brazilian midfielder is said to cost 53m.  Caicedo will cost much more than 40m.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The season started earlier though; they didn't get the normal break. That is why this season could well prove to be a one off and end up with someone unexpected winning. It's also why I hated them going on that tour rather than spending time of the training field and working on any new ideas. It's been rush, rush and even less preparation time.

Yeah I get it, but there has been zero improvement, nothing. I would have thought by continuing to play the players would get more accustomed and performance would improve physically. It hasn't happened.

And it's only really us that it is happening for too - we are not the only team to have a slow start, but the funk has stayed on for long enough that I am concerned that it isn't just a matter of fatigue anymore, because literally nothing is shaking it.

What the hell is wrong with us?

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
It is clear fom the transfer rspeculation that their main target is Bellingham though. Anyway do u think any top midfielder will cost much less? Barella will cost 80m euros at least, even that young 21 year old brazilian midfielder is said to cost 53m.  Caicedo will cost much more than 40m.

Bellingham will cost over 100 million and command massive wages.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
The literally lost the CL semi final in extra time.

So what? We had a three Cup Finals to play which takes a lot of energy and effort to win. City's players were already resting up when we were playing RM.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Legacy Fan
Yeah I get it, but there has been zero improvement, nothing. I would have thought by continuing to play the players would get more accustomed and performance would improve physically. It hasn't happened.

And it's only really us that it is happening for too - we are not the only team to have a slow start, but the funk has stayed on for long enough that I am concerned that it isn't just a matter of fatigue anymore, because literally nothing is shaking it.

What the hell is wrong with us?

The midfield is shot and needs to be permanently replaced. With klopp's methods and the intensity they require, it is always in the midfield engine room where they will run out physically or mentally the fastest.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted

How convenient of you not to bold the part where Klopp said "from time to time, I would be ready to risk a bit more".  ;D ;D

Time to time. Not one occurrence. That's as much as you'll hear Klopp come to "complaining".  ::)

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to

Bellingham must dream of playing in the Conference League.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
So what? We had a three Cup Finals to play which takes a lot of energy and effort to win. City's players were already resting up when we were playing RM.

It’s one game and their players that played loads last season look fine.

Why do we look physically shot? We must have done something wrong.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Legacy Fan
Bellingham will cost over 100 million and command massive wages.

Of course he will but my point is any if the names I named wil not cost much less both in terms of transfer fees and wages. It wil cost a lot of money for the club to rejunvate our midfield and they cannot do it piecemeal because the entire midfield has become shot at the same time.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
The midfield is shot and needs to be permanently replaced. With klopp's methods and the intensity they require, it is always in the midfield engine room where they will run out physically or mentally the fastest.

How do you permanently replace a midfield of humans?

We just need our new stars

Let's get em. Or grow em. Or whatever.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Why does every other Club seem ok?
Because we've been the only ones going flat out season after season challenging the sportswashers whilst the rest had their feet up doing fuck all.

We've basically hit the wall. We are knackered. Being the only challenger in the league takes its toll eventually.

Not strengthening from a position of strength has also hampered us a lot. I'll always maintain that doing that is always the best approach. Far better and less risky than trying to rebuild once the wheels are coming off.

It was Liverpool FC that taught me that in the 70s and 80s.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
dissapointed, Klopp should have just thrown some CMs and defend that 3-2.
unfortunately seems like this year wont be a title season, probably not next year either. Needs a rebuild of the team. Which may take many years, even that is not guaranteeing a title, the way other clubs are being pumped oil dollars.

Our only PL title comes with a huge asterisk next to it: Covid-19. Opposition fans wont even recognize it as a real PL title. I long to see us lift that trophy in my lifetime. I dont have many years left at this old age.

Fuck off you troll.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan

The players on the field today played 2/3 games in the last 25 days.

Also we rotated pretty heavily in those last two months last season.

Plus we had a summer off.

So yeah the tiredness excuse doesn't wash.

It's a transfer market failure.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
Yeah, there's no way we're making top 4 with only 93 points left to play for  ::)
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Fuck off you troll.

Trololololwash. Oh wait, that's someone else.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
It’s one game and their players that played loads last season look fine.

Why do we look physically shot? We must have done something wrong.

Because we didn't get the usual break because the season had to start earlier to fit in all the games that have to be played before the stupid WC. It' the exact reason as to why I was pretty sure we would struggle.

Offline Kundale

• Kemlynite
Someone made the point just before (and sorry I am not digging it up because I lost the specific post) that lack of investment should cost us a league not loss of top 4. At the moment we don't look top 4 quality not because we didn't buy players (although they would have made a difference) but because players who should be better aren't.

Trent, Fab, VVD, Henderson, Salah (even if I didn't think he was too bad today) and Robbo (who obviously didn't play today) have been a massive massive issues this year. If half of them  are more on the ball, we probably win another 3 or 4 games this year. Similarly, if one player is off the ball (Alisson) we likely lose 3 or 4 more games than we have done.
Question not specifically for you but why are they not playing well? Why did Klopp say that if it was for him, he would have taken risks in the transfer market but its not a decision for him to make. Also why did VVD come out and say that midfield is the engine of the team and more midfielders would not mean that it would get in the way of Carvalho's and Elliot's development. I think they know more than us and they wanted more than what we currently have. They were not backed.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2022, 07:30:30 pm by Kundale »

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Because we didn't get the usual break because the season had to start earlier to fit in all the games that have to be played before the stupid WC. It' the exact reason as to why I was pretty sure we would struggle.

Yet other Clubs are fine.

Did we over do it in pre season ?

Online SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
It’s probably the greatest PL title win of all time.

100%

The asterix that opposition fans see is in their head. It's not real. Why any Reds fans would worry about what the opposition thinks or says is a bit silly. Winning 32 games out of 38 and finishing 18 points clear of the second placed team doesn't get an asterix. It gets you the trophy.
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
And in terms of investment, we don't need to be owned by oil barons, or even anyone else, but we have record money coming in now and we can barely spend anything for 3 years, something has got to give.

I don't agree with the line that we don't have to be bought by an oil state now - what Billionaire interested in football can spend 3 billion and unlimited money on transfers without being an oil state (Bohlry has Saudi backing and the amount he spends year on year is to be proven yet - I wouldn't trust that he has unlimited budget on the back of his first window as every new owner spends big). No likely any sale is to an oil state which no one wants but a few cryarses.

But we have to divert something to the team otherwise we are just going to sink like a stone and then end up in a continuously worse financial situation.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
The players on the field today played 2/3 games in the last 25 days.

Also we rotated pretty heavily in those last two months last season.

Plus we had a summer off.

So yeah the tiredness excuse doesn't wash.

It's a transfer market failure.

While the transfer market is part of the reason it doesn't tell the full story. They are players not robots and they didn't get their normal time off because the season started earlier as it had too.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Yet other Clubs are fine.

Did we over do it in pre season ?

I don't think we have had enough time in pre-season, having a stupid tour didn't help. That should have been put off until next season and they could have had a longer preparation time.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
I don't think we have had enough time in pre-season, having a stupid tour didn't help. That should have been put off until next season and they could have had a longer preparation time.

If we didn’t have enough time then maybe we should have not gone full pelt.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Legacy Fan
How do you permanently replace a midfield of humans?

We just need our new stars

Let's get em. Or grow em. Or whatever.

Obviously I mean we need to sign more younger quality midfielders.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
While the transfer market is part of the reason it doesn't tell the full story. They are players not robots and they didn't get their normal time off because the season started earlier as it had too.

Every team started earlier.