Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 3 v Brighton 3 Trossard 4', 17', 83', Bobby 33', 52', Webster 62'  (Read 38625 times)

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
In my opinion salah is getting off lightly…. Doesn’t track back and his touch is questionable. Don’t know just something with him is not right.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
Pure 90’s vibes from our defence right now.
Razor Ruddock and Phil Babb would get in the side at the moment

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Both teams made mistakes throughout the game, they got away with other errors and so did we. We are too open at the moment; I would personally take Trent out of his advanced role as I think it's causing confusion.

I think if anything, we have to experiment with other formations, like playing three at the back, and it would at least keep our midfield fresh, without having too many of them exposed in this congested period.  The first 20 minutes today, Brighton outnumbered us in the box, because we couldn't stay compact and the opposite fullbacks both strayed too far forward at the same time. Meanwhile, Fabinho seemingly stays completely anonymous as Brighton play through him on both sides, with us giving up the channels in between the defense.

We have to change the pitch, if at least temporarily, just to throw off the opposition. It's not playing to our strengths, but it's not like that's reaping rewards for us right now either.

Offline lollysportswasher

• Wants us to accept the reality that Liverpool will never sign another player.
  • Kopite
I'm not blaming Nunez but it was a fatal mistake to buy him if he isn't going a main starter for us. Sure an ideal world, you would want to give him time to bed in with the team, but for a team like us who doesn't spend that much we can't afford this.

The money should've been spent on 1 starter midfielder and a CDM Fabinho cover instead. We are not City who can afford putting 100 mill players on the bench.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
Why did we buy Nunez then, if he's getting a cameo in the second half ? Why not buy a young striker that doesn't mind getting benched for cheap and just invest the money into 2 good midfielders which we can use ?

I don't think we realised he'd be this ineffective when we bought him. He's been bang average every game he's played so far (bar the charity shield game)
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Online Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
Genuinely never seen so a poor performance from Fabinho.

Fabinho is at his best when the team are pressing high and penning teams in - clever positioning, aggression to get in and nick the ball, good at recycling the ball. Get him turned and running back towards his own goal, or start dragging him horizontally/diagonally across the pitch, and he's a complete non-entity, just fully out of the game.

It's interesting because a lot of the discussion about revamping our midfield completely ignores him but he's as big a problem as anyone in the current set up. 29 tomorrow, was never the quickest to begin with, and just seems to have absolutely no legs whatsoever. I'm struggling to think of another attacking side who play a DM that is effectively useless in quick transitions. As I say, great if we're playing 80% of the game high up the pitch so he'll still have some proper boss games, but it's a big weak spot in other games. Maybe you can compensate by putting more athleticism around him but that means he's not especially suited to playing with, well, the majority of our midfielders.

Offline Judge Red

• Kopite
Trent getting pelters here when he’s clearly being played in a strange position with those around him doing the sum of fuck all to help him out. He’s getting next to no protection and supposed to mark 2 players all the time. Klopp needs to change it somehow as I don’t think just putting someone else there is going to magically transform that position. Matip got the run around all game on that side and hes hardly mentioned.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
To be fair we showed plenty of heart when 2-0. We could have felt sorry for ourselves but the team kept going and I felt at half time we could win.

The defensive shape is all over the place and the midfield is atrocious.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
Gained a point, in my opinion. We were comfortably 2nd best and if not for Alisson, would have conceded a lot more.

The defense and midfield are at sea and it's not really a question of tactics or positioning anymore. Its regular individual mistakes. The consistency is alarming.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm not blaming Nunez but it was a fatal mistake to buy him if he isn't going a main starter for us. Sure an ideal world, you would want to give him time to bed in with the team, but for a team like us who doesn't spend that much we can't afford this.

The money should've been spent on 1 starter midfielder and a CDM Fabinho cover instead. We are not City who can afford putting 100 mill players on the bench.

Again we wouldn't be able to get two players what we need for that money. If an average midtable PL midfielder costs 50 million, you aren't getting a first choice starter and a back up midfielder for 80 million. So on that stratergy you just end up with 2 midfielders who aren't good enough, and short in attack.

We needed more money. We needed Nunez and a starting midfielder.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
Wanted more signings as much as the next person but what we're seeing has fuck all to do with that.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
The fault lies with the owners for not backing the manager in the summer.

If you keep operating on a sell to buy basis it will catch you out eventually.

Don't see how it improves either. Who are we going to sell next summer to fund the three CMs and new forward (if Firmino leaves) that we require?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
I don't think we realised he'd be this ineffective when we bought him. He's been bang average every game he's played so far (bar the charity shield game)

How many games had he played?

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
I think if anything, we have to experiment with other formations, like playing three at the back, and it would at least keep our midfield fresh, without having too many of them exposed in this congested period.  The first 20 minutes today, Brighton outnumbered us in the box, because we couldn't stay compact and the opposite fullbacks both strayed too far forward at the same time. Meanwhile, Fabinho seemingly stays completely anonymous as Brighton play through him on both sides, with us giving up the channels in between the defense.

We have to change the pitch, if at least temporarily, just to throw off the opposition. It's not playing to our strengths, but it's not like that's reaping rewards for us right now either.

Always thought it'd be interesting to see how we'd function playing a 3-4-3. Trent is basically perfect for the RWB role (the attacking RB role he's always played for us is, of course, more-or-less indentical, but he'd also have an extra CB to cover).

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Trent getting pelters here when he’s clearly being played in a strange position with those around him doing the sum of fuck all to help him out. He’s getting next to no protection and supposed to mark 2 players all the time. Klopp needs to change it somehow as I don’t think just putting someone else there is going to magically transform that position. Matip got the run around all game on that side and hes hardly mentioned.

But why is Trent playing there ?

It’s fucking bonkers.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
We could have signed Tchouameni and De Jong in the summer, we’d still be winning fuck all with Trent, Van Dijk, Salah and Robbo playing as they are. And no, they’re not playing shit because of the midfield. Our most important players are playing crap.

Our midfield just looks knackered, don't know if its the effort they put in last season or their age or mentally fatigued. No idea but it needs new blood and new energy. Players with a desire to succeed at Liverpool and give 100%. I don't think our current midfield is capable of giving 100%. Or their 100% is no longer good enough. Today we seemed slower to every challenge and every 2nd ball in midfield.

On that basis I think those two players would have made a difference. Especially Tchouameni.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
Wanted more signings as much as the next person but what we're seeing has fuck all to do with that.

Yes it does. Henderson and Fabinho aren't the players they were and our other CMs are crocks.

We needed more than an unfit Juventus squad player on a deadline day loan.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Oh yeah absolutely. It would improve things by not having to rely on the players playing badly as much, but that wouldn't change the fact that key players for our team are horrendous at the moment for no real explicable reason

Offline Kundale

• Kemlynite
Welcome back T.Mills :D

Do you think they’re playing well right now?
The better question is "Why are they playing bad?"

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
We could have signed Tchouameni and De Jong in the summer, we’d still be winning fuck all with Trent, Van Dijk, Salah and Robbo playing as they are. And no, they’re not playing shit because of the midfield. Our most important players are playing crap.

and in current performances thank Christ Allison is not playing crap.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna

Been saying for ages that we've been completely found out tactically, and this season is simply teams doing their homework, exploiting the weaknesses and putting a shift in. Brighton did that so well today, albeit that they couldn't deal with some of our own attacking play. But looking at the early games of the season, when teams turn up with energy against our slow, plodding pace and laughable defending, more often than not they're getting a reward and we're having to rely on the attack to bail us out. Mixing up the tactics will not only freshen it up, but also completely fuck up the plans that opposition managers make. We need the element of surprise back, because this can't go on.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
To be fair we showed plenty of heart when 2-0. We could have felt sorry for ourselves but the team kept going and I felt at half time we could win.

The defensive shape is all over the place and the midfield is atrocious.
We've shown loads of effort this season given how often we've ended up behind, which makes it even more weird how bad we've been. If they'd given up it would be bad, but would be easier to explain what's going on.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
A lot of the criticism is on point, but the biggest worry for me is that the 'mentality monsters' seem to have disappeared. Shocking lack of any leadership or toughness at all.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan

to be honest after the Napoli game when there was all this talk about having to change the way we play from the manager himself I thought we were going to see something like 3 at the back to shake things up a bit and give Trent less responsibility defensively. Yet here we’re a month later and Klopp and Pep have literally changed nothing which makes you wonder what the point in Klopp coming out and saying that was?

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
No midfield, no leadership, no shape, no pattern, no press....Arnold a competition winner, Van Dyke has turned into Nicky Tanner...and without Allison, we would have conceded half a dozen.....against Brighton...at home......thank fuck we signed Arthur Melo on loan, on deadline day
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Kundale

• Kemlynite
No... but generally, this many players playing badly for this long suggests something else is going on. Not, I think, that they're pissed off with a lack of investment either. Psychological or tactical. Whichever it is, by definition pretty much the role of the manager  to fix.
Yeah when its 1 or 2 games we can look at the players but when it becomes a norm, then you might want to look somewhere else.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
A lot of the criticism is on point, but the biggest worry for me is that the 'mentality monsters' seem to have disappeared. Shocking lack of any leadership or toughness at all.

We fought back from 2-0 so that’s a clear positive.

The football after we took the lead was shite.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan

Can’t agree with that buddy, this could be seen a mile off milner is 37, hendo is 33, Thiago plays less than 40% of our games, Fabinho is not far off 30, kieta is made of glass and so is ox. And come the end of the season when kieta, firmino, Milner, ox can all leave for free. We’ve fucked up massively here and not strengthening when we were so attractive was another mistake, come the end of the season and there is a good chance of this unfortunately if we don’t get top four you can forget the likes of bellingham. And if we can spend fuck all with champions league football don’t expect a big spend if we don’t have it.

Offline lollysportswasher

• Wants us to accept the reality that Liverpool will never sign another player.
  • Kopite
Doesn't help that we are playing Arsenal and City next. I'm already shitting myself of the fact we might end up with 0 points against both teams.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Don't think so either,it'd be different if our problems could be pinpointed to a couple of players playing badly.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
Our attack is the least of our concerns. Nunez has been slow to adapt, which is unfortunate, but it isn’t even close to being our biggest problem or concern right now.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan

I mean that's not the case is it.

We showed a strong mentality to win against Newcastle in the 98th minute, to win late against Ajax, and even today to turn around a two goal deficite.

Our problems lie with an undercooked squad because of a lack of investment from the owners.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen

Offline Saus76

• Complete and utter embarrassment
  • Anny Roader
Can’t agree with that buddy, this could be seen a mile off milner is 37, hendo is 33, Thiago plays less than 40% of our games, Fabinho is not far off 30, kieta is made of glass and so is ox. And come the end of the season when kieta, firmino, Milner, ox can all leave for free. We’ve fucked up massively here and not strengthening when we were so attractive was another mistake, come the end of the season and there is a good chance of this unfortunately if we don’t get top four you can forget the likes of bellingham. And if we can spend fuck all with champions league football don’t expect a big spend if we don’t have it.

Spot on.

Just on my way back from today. Disillusioned to say the least.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
We fought back from 2-0 so that’s a clear positive.

The football after we took the lead was shite.

Who would have had Bobby as top scorer at this stage of the season, when most people were wondering if he was ever going to get any game time? He's dragged us back into it and should be proud of his work today. Pity he was let down by some of his team mates.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
It's looking like this team has reached the end of its cycle. We are starting every match in the same way, so it's no longer just a bad patch, or something you can blame on a few injuries or 1 or 2 transfers. There's only been 1 or 2 games where we haven't started like this.

Only our overall quality is getting us any points and even then the moments of quality are very few and far between. We are like Utd of last year, we'll make a good comeback to grab some points but the issues haven't gone away.

It's possible that a superior side will exploit our frailties and walk off with wins. I don't see how this changes anytime soon there's nothing to suggest we'll get better. I would be more positive if our performance would've been better even if we still only got a point.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...

In one.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
Reminds me of after Istanbul when we needed to invest on the back of a trophy win and didn't then went to shit after.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
How many games had he played?

What dies it matter? He's been sluggish & his touch is terrible. If you pay £80m for someone, I expect them to hit the ground running. There's a reason he's on the bench
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.