Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 3 v Brighton 3 Trossard 4', 17', 83', Bobby 33', 52', Webster 62'  (Read 38633 times)

Offline lollysportswasher

• Wants us to accept the reality that Liverpool will never sign another player.
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
We just made Trossard value up by at least 20 mill. Brighton will sell him for 100 mill to Chelsea as the next Eden Hazard.

Online Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We got lucky today Brighton didn't score more the first half and lucky again for our third so a really good point because it could have been worse. We really fucked up in the summer with our midfield didn't we. I wonder when the coaches going to realize this and adjust, our midfield is too slow to press or allow us to play higher and we are not really well coached to be good at keeping the ball.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Points dropped by Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool by October 1st:

2016-17 - 5
2017-18 - 7
2018-19 - 2
2019-20 - 0
2020-21 - 0
2021-22 - 4
2022-23 - 11
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
To be honest there’s a reasonable moan to be made about the fact that when we need a backup full back on with 20 minutes left a 36 year old midfielder is the go to option.

Tsimikas wasn't even playing well, as with others very few of them are in any sort of rhythm.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
Odd that we are getting exposed in the same way over and over, are we not addressing the same old errors?

Odd that we come back from a month of no PL football and produce the same old failings, so much for being recharged.

Not odd at all that the FSG model has been squeezed dry over recent seasons, nobody can perform miracles year on year with minimal net investment in the squad. It's incredible how long we have performed at the top while spending so little, a miracle that this decline hasn't happened sooner.

Top 4 is looking in danger now never mind the league. The defense and midfield needs serious investment as key players are running on fumes and you can't keep going to the well season after season. Incredible the hubris and complacency of FSG to think that the miracle over-achieving on way less funds than our competitors could continue indefinitely.

The chickens have finally come home to roost. Sell the club if you don't give the manager the cash he absolutely deserves to compete with our rivals.

Nail on the head, I called it before the season started and all the pro FSG attacked a few of us for moaning about our owners. our lack of investment is coming back to bite us in the arse pure and simple, this is an ageing squad whose legs have gone, and you pro FSG fans you can say what you like this sits firmly at their door.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2022, 05:21:04 pm by Redric1970 »

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
Subs ruined our momentum like in the derby and there are a number of players who are starting games on reputation rather than form like Virgil, Trent Salah and Hendo etc

It was 2-2 when Elliot and Milner came on...

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan
We could have signed Tchouameni and De Jong in the summer, we’d still be winning fuck all with Trent, Van Dijk, Salah and Robbo playing as they are. And no, they’re not playing shit because of the midfield. Our most important players are playing crap.

I love how you’d happily throw our players under the bus rather than admit you was wrong to back FSG’s lack of investment. :lmao

Stay classy.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
I very much doubt that, everything is interlinked a Tchouameni and De Jong would have had us playing better football, more compact, less holes to plug for the defenders, it’s all linked to each other.

We've generally relied on mobility and athleticism from our midfield and front 3 to start our defensive moves in the opposition half. Our front 3 doesn't seem to do this as effectively as previous, and our midfield is struggling for legs with a bunch of older players and injured players there. Carvalho and Harvey are good young players but they are attacking midfielders and are yet to learn the tactical discipline and positioning required at this level. Both Robbo and Trent's form has been woeful, and not helped by the fact that multiple players form looks suspect simultaneously.

We need to go back to just focusing on some of the basic aspects of the game. We need to become much harder to score against first and foremost. Once we start building confidence in our ability to defend, I think we will be more aggressive and incisive in attack as well.

Offline Dr Stu-Pid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
For me that game was screaming out for us to drop into a 4-4-2 with 20 mins to go with Gomez on for Trent and an extra body in midfield.  Salah and Diaz up front would have still given us lots of threat on the break.

Our defenders and midfielders also need to stop treating every breakdown or second ball on the edge of our own box as a potential opportunity for a counter attack and just concentrate on getting the ball out of danger occasionally.

I don’t want us to turn into a Conte team, but I’d love for us to occasionally be a little more pragmatic.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
You'd be happy to have Milner as the regular left back would you?
You can't play football that way, if we were a couple up maybe.
Can't believe you really believe what your saying, it's just excuses for a clear mistake.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They still got away with their errors though.

They scored an og.  We were extremely lucky not to be well beaten. And that's by a team who struggle to score and have Danny Welbeck as their striker.
We got away with plenty more errors. There's no way to dress this up. It was a horrible performance.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
You can't play football that way, if we were a couple up maybe.
Can't believe you really believe what your saying, it's just excuses for a clear mistake.

You just have a different opinion, deal with it.

Offline anandg_lfc

• Anny Roader
The defensive shape throughout the game was bad. The players gave their heart out and diaz was exceptional after he came on but klopp deserves the majority of the blame for this game. Shocking decision to bring on milner and keeping taa in the game.

Very simple passes from the back took our midfield completely out of it. If we had a normal keeper, we would be leaking 3 to 4 goals every game. We should actually be happy that we took a point from this game.

Online Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
The most concerning thing is that we've had a relatively kind fixture list so far - both in terms of opponents and congestion. We've played a single top 8 side (and lost). We've failed to beat teams who finished 9th, 12th, 16th, 18th last season. We're now entering the busiest month of the season with 8 further games to play this month, and a squad that already looks absolutely on its arse - it's likely going to get worse. This isn't a team that just needs to click tactically, it's an aging team who has lost its legs (and in some cases seemingly hunger/motivation) who are huffing and puffing and managing not an awful lot.

I just don't see how this team suddenly goes on a run.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
For some reason, Klopp seems to have got it into his head that we're supposed to copy City this season rather than play to our on strenghts.

We should bench Carvalho and Elliott for the foreseeable future IMO. The posters who want them in the are the same ones who went crazy when we were after Keita and Thiago, and who never understood why we became good in the first place.

Klopp is still trying to play the same game we played 3-4 seasons ago where our midfielders done some amount of running covering ground and closing everything down which allowed our fullbacks and front 3 to get on with the attacking side of things. Henderson Fabinho and Thiago can’t do that role anyone and klopp needs to stop being so loyal to players and either reinvent those 3 style or play or get another 3 workman in there like he used to have before in Milner Henderson and gini. It’s so frustrating seeing us playing the exact same way week in week out when it’s clear as day, the midfield don’t have the legs anymore to cover the ground.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I love how you’d happily throw our players under the bus rather than admit you was wrong to back FSG’s lack of investment. :lmao

Stay classy.

I'm not sure why saying players are playing poorly, when they are objectively playing poorly, is "throwing them under the bus" exactly. He's not saying they should be sold or are not fit to wear the shirt.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
Tsimikas wasn't even playing well, as with others very few of them are in any sort of rhythm.
Did nothing wrong, unlike Trent , VVD and Fab who looked championship level.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
Happy with a point.

Top four and a cup run would be great.

But, the problem is I cant see how it improves. We had ages off to work on the system and get some off the physio table but little changed. It'll be interesting to see the running stats, sprints etc.

That was out first choice midfield and it was outplayed as far I am concerned. Then, there is the back four which ships goals; the oppo are just taking the piss out of Trent and he seems powerless to stop it but he's not creating either.

Then there's Mo? He was ok today but that was about it; good strike in the first half that was blocked - I'm still unsure about the assist.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
Just as we were starting to gain momentum Elliott and Milner came on - that was a shocker. What was the point of buying Nunez if he is not going to get a decent shot ? Can he do any worse than Mo at the moment?

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
For some reason, Klopp seems to have got it into his head that we're supposed to copy City this season rather than play to our on strenghts.

We should bench Carvalho and Elliott for the foreseeable future IMO. The posters who want them in the are the same ones who went crazy when we were after Keita and Thiago, and who never understood why we became good in the first place.

They're coming into a team that looks like a boxer with no guard. Semi-decent moves from the opponents go right through. If we play say Elliot as a dedicated 10, Carvalho starting some games as a wide attacker, with Fabinho and Thiago dedicated to building the play deeper and in position to prevent counters, it would be more orthodox and solid.

Now Klopp and his staff have chosen to structure the team in this way, the best aspect of it is periods of attacking when we put the pressure on, but in terms of being in position to prevent counters, having the numbers for each game situation, it's poor. That's the biggest factor for me, not individual players. Up to them to figure it out, the players don't have a platform to perform to their best at the moment.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2022, 05:23:42 pm by surfer. Fuck you generator. »

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
The defensive shape throughout the game was bad. The players gave their heart out and diaz was exceptional after he came on but klopp deserves the majority of the blame for this game. Shocking decision to bring on milner and keeping taa in the game.

Very simple passes from the back took our midfield completely out of it. If we had a normal keeper, we would be leaking 3 to 4 goals every game. We should actually be happy that we took a point from this game.

The equaliser was shocking. We're one up, not long to go. But Salah's failed press against their CB suddenly leaves us exposed and they cut through us like knife through butter. Then one defensive error later, and Milner not being where he should be, and they've equalised.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan

Keita and Thiago have been two of our best midfielders over the last two years, the same posters who fail to understand that you need ball players in midfield are the same ones who are surprised when were completely outplayed by  37 year old Modric and 32 year old Kroos.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Are we now one of the oldest teams in the league? Seems we have more 30+ players than most teams.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good

Stay classy.

Welcome back T.Mills :D

Do you think they’re playing well right now?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
They scored an og.  We were extremely lucky not to be well beaten. And that's by a team who struggle to score and have Danny Welbeck as their striker.
We got away with plenty more errors. There's no way to dress this up. It was a horrible performance.

Where did I say we played well? I have said from the start of this season that it wouldn't surprise me if we do struggle this season, and this is what is happening. When you have as many players out of form like we have, there are no miracle answers. It's just hard work on the training pitch, but funnily enough with games to play and a bloody world cup stuck in teh middle there is no preparation time. So, we are all going to have to be patient.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Nunez now needs a run in the side.

He can’t be expected to work wonders playing for six minutes.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
I'm not sure why saying players are playing poorly, when they are objectively playing poorly, is "throwing them under the bus" exactly. He's not saying they should be sold or are not fit to wear the shirt.

Yeah it’s fine to say players are way off their previous best every Liverpool fan in the world is saying it. But being an FSG shill and making excuses for them currently is just embarrassing to be honest.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
Somehow the talk has shifted to shitting on Nunez in his seven-minute cameo after we've conceded three completely avoidable shit goals. Nunez isn't the fucking problem.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Did nothing wrong, unlike Trent , VVD and Fab who looked championship level.

Opinions again.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
When is the next international break?

Offline M7 Heckler

• Anny Roader
It’s fine though because Bellingham will sign when we finish 8th.

We will just have to wait another 2 years for trossard them won’t we

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
Our results and performances have been depressing. We'd do well to finish 4th. You can't put any positive spin on that.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Nunez now needs a run in the side.

He can’t be expected to work wonders playing for six minutes.

No he doesnt,

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
No... but generally, this many players playing badly for this long suggests something else is going on. Not, I think, that they're pissed off with a lack of investment either. Psychological or tactical. Whichever it is, by definition pretty much the role of the manager  to fix.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
We will stay up, won’t we?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Keita and Thiago have been two of our best midfielders over the last two years, the same posters who fail to understand that you need ball players in midfield are the same ones who are surprised when were completely outplayed by  37 year old Modric and 32 year old Kroos.

Yes, Keita the one who gets injured all the time? Unless you can magically restore his fitness levels there is no miracle answer with him, I am afraid.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
No he doesnt,

Cool.

Let’s leave our marquee signing on the bench.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
We will stay up, won’t we?

top 10 is doable

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
Nunez should start. Mad how many people have turned against him already. Needs a run of games. Can’t get my head round some of Klopp’s subs today.

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
So when are we actually going to invest in a midfield?