Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 3 v Brighton 3 Trossard 4', 17', 83', Bobby 33', 52', Webster 62'  (Read 38618 times)

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
Think Trent & Van Dijk need dropped for a bit. Not sure who we replace Trent with at the moment though..

We definitely can't chuck Calvin Ramsay in there once he's fit, he really doesn't deserve that fate. Konate's return is perfect timing though, he's definitely been missed.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
If Kostas wasn't injured then I just throw up my hands and say fuck it.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Tsimikas went to shit before he got subbed. He was playing some bizarre fucking position slightly forward and Brighton got in behind him a lot.

Then Milner came on and was worse.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
I hope he fucks off somewhere else and I honestly cant wait when he does. The amount of bandwidth wasted on him is fucking incredible.

Maybe in future we can stop waiting for players we can never afford anyway. No chance FSG spending £130m in the next 2 years let alone on one player next summer.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
It was a bad sub because we went to absolute shite after he did it which is what happened when he did the same thing against Everton.

It’s fucking mind boggling to be honest.

We went to shit? We scored a few minutes later and went into the lead. Don’t think they’re to blame for this result imo.

Offline TheMan

• Main Stander
Odd that we are getting exposed in the same way over and over, are we not addressing the same old errors?

Odd that we come back from a month of no PL football and produce the same old failings, so much for being recharged.

Not odd at all that the FSG model has been squeezed dry over recent seasons, nobody can perform miracles year on year with minimal net investment in the squad. It's incredible how long we have performed at the top while spending so little, a miracle that this decline hasn't happened sooner.

Top 4 is looking in danger now never mind the league. The defense and midfield needs serious investment as key players are running on fumes and you can't keep going to the well season after season. Incredible the hubris and complacency of FSG to think that the miracle over-achieving on way less funds than our competitors could continue indefinitely.

The chickens have finally come home to roost. Sell the club if you don't give the manager the cash he absolutely deserves to compete with our rivals.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
Question is going to be can we do enough in January to get top 4 on the back of half a season, because right now it is looking like this half of the season before the world cup will be a write off
I think they’ve got another loan deal for someone who won’t play lined up for January, we well have that to look forward to.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
Given our chances against Arsenal and City looking slim, it wouldn't surprise me if they went above us in the league in the coming weeks. FML. Not I feel so deflated after that. :(

We played a Brighton team today that didn’t park the bus and went for it and destroyed us on occasions. Arsenal and City will have a field day.

Really concerned for the first time in a long time. Really feels like 08/09……people always thought because we were so good the previous season, we would be ok and get top 4…….

Feels the same….we had a strong team today, our best defence (ex Robertson), our best 2 midfielders…and decent up front….

Really concerning.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
It’s a mixture, we haven’t invested in the squad, that’s fact but too many legends who look ordinary.

We could have signed Tchouameni and De Jong in the summer, we’d still be winning fuck all with Trent, Van Dijk, Salah and Robbo playing as they are. And no, they’re not playing shit because of the midfield. Our most important players are playing crap.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
How gloriously self inflicted.

No doubt we’ll get the standard ‘haven’t invested in the squad’ etc, but Milner at LB and Elliott back on at RCM when Trent is struggling even more than he has been. Who on earth could have guessed the equaliser would therefore come from a cross from the right into an area the LB should have been challenging.

Yeah Klopp is making bad calls too.

That said, Henderson was directly responsible for a goal in the 1st half. Thinking that keeping a tiring Henderson on would have prevented us being defensively vulnerable feels odd. That said, needing Elliot when he's not yet an 8 is kinda down to failure to invest. And as for Milner... well his very presence in the squad is a failure of squad succession. He's one of those players that needed to be moved on to drastically lower the age profile of the midfield (with midfielder who are actually Klopp 8s).

We could have signed Tchouameni and De Jong in the summer, we’d still be winning fuck all with Trent, Van Dijk, Salah and Robbo playing as they are. And no, they’re not playing shit because of the midfield. Our most important players are playing crap.

When your team is ageing and slow and the engine room has nothing left, it's going to make everything go wrong. Our forwards looked crap when we had no CBs. 
« Last Edit: October 1, 2022, 05:13:35 pm by Knight »

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Genuinely never seen so a poor performance from Fabinho.
Even aside from how poor he's been off the ball, on it he just seems to be shunting it to the neareast teammate no matter how many players they have around them

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
That's the best way to look at it and the way I have for years. Nothing we can do about today, let the boss and the players worry about that. Let's look forward to see how they react on Tuesday instead.

Probably easier for those of us who’ve been doing it for 30+ years

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
Glimpses of good stuff but we'll be disappointed. We should have had enough to see the game out.

I wonder if we'd be better rotating Hendo back to 6, bringing Gomez in at RB, and either Harvey or Carvalho in the RM spot. Both Fabinho and Trent don't look completely gassed and their form has been poor.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
If that's the best they can come up with after almost a month off then I'm afraid this squad is done.

Something is very broken now. The owners should be fucking ashamed of themselves with the investments since we won the league.

We were never going to have much rhythm after a month off though. That's fine so just do the fucking basics and get the result.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Woeful again. This isn't a dip in form or some unfortunate circumstances caused by injuries, this is who we are now. Pretty much everyone available and you ship 3 to Brighton at home.

Poor recruitment (or lack of) and players expected to play 50 games every season gassing out.

I've been of a mind that this is a top 4 battle for some time now. I think even the more optimistic among us must surely be coming to that realisation too. Sad thing is it's only October.
It's a shame because it feels like we've essentially thrown a season away because we decided to make do with what we have until next summer, spend big on a striker who will clearly take time to adapt (and take the team time to adapt to) and sign an injured teenager from the SPL to be Trent's back up.

Much like 2020/21 it feels like there's something wrong with the team that won't be an easy fix. I'm confident we will bounce back like we did then, but at this stage I'd be happy if we secured top four given the competition is improving.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
Honestly never saw this collapse coming, after last season, so depressing. I was clinging on to a title challenge a couple of weeks ago but it's completely finished now, top 4 race it is

Big worry that we've just played like that after basically 3 weeks off, when all klopp ever fucking bangs on about is how much players need a rest

It's no longer a blip, or a bad start to the season, something is badly wrong and fuck knows how it gets fixed

Absolutely dreading Arsenal and City now, they'll pick our pathetic defence apart.

Really? Our first 11 wasn’t really improved over the summer and we can’t keep expecting the same players to just keep going playing this many games. The majority of people said we would struggle this season due to the lack of investment but because we nearly won the quadruple last season others laughed and called them bedwetters.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
we are awful. gave up trying to find a shite stream and went out at half time just to protect my sanity.

this isn't a blip in form, it is way more than that - and that isn't a reactionary take at this point. we have lost all identity.
YNWA.

Offline masher

• Legacy Fan
  • hippie at heart
Fuck, just saw even Everton have caught up with us.

And fairly so. We have been playing at their level, if anything they were the better team in the derby. We are fucking average and getting top 4 will be an achievement. Out of the top 6 we are easily the worst as things stand and unlike 20/21 when everyone else other than City was bit crap this season they all look competent.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Something seems off.

Brighton should have won.

It was a weird game defensively. At times they looked okay defensively but they did make errors, we appeared to be the team that was punished but they got away with theirs. They won't always be so lucky though.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
We were never going to have much rhythm after a month off though. That's fine so just do the fucking basics and get the result.

Needed the basics for a while.

But playing Trent in some weird position and it’s not working.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan

I very much doubt that, everything is interlinked a Tchouameni and De Jong would have had us playing better football, more compact, less holes to plug for the defenders, it’s all linked to each other.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
Hate to shit on Klopp, but poor in game management and questionable subs today

Honestly it's been like that all season. Obviously compounded by the results, but some really bizarre decisions.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
It was a weird game defensively. At times they looked okay defensively but they did make errors, we appeared to be the team that was punished but they got away with theirs. They won't always be so lucky though.

Brighton ripped through us.

They could have been 4-0 up if it wasn’t for Ali.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
Honestly never saw this collapse coming, after last season, so depressing. I was clinging on to a title challenge a couple of weeks ago but it's completely finished now, top 4 race it is

Big worry that we've just played like that after basically 3 weeks off, when all klopp ever fucking bangs on about is how much players need a rest

It's no longer a blip, or a bad start to the season, something is badly wrong and fuck knows how it gets fixed

Absolutely dreading Arsenal and City now, they'll pick our pathetic defence apart.

It's always been the case under Klopp. He bangs on about his players needing a rest, yet his squad never seem to get going when they've had a lengthy break and always seems to perform better when the games come thick and fast. This was my worry after having such a big break. I had a feeling we'd struggle. Not this badly though.

Offline Bjornar

• Kopite
For some reason, Klopp seems to have got it into his head that we're supposed to copy City this season rather than play to our on strenghts.

We should bench Carvalho and Elliott for the foreseeable future IMO. The posters who want them in the are the same ones who went crazy when we were after Keita and Thiago, and who never understood why we became good in the first place.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Brighton ripped through us.

They could have been 4-0 up if it wasn’t for Ali.

They still got away with their errors though.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
We helped Brighton sell Trossard for 100 mill min to Chelsea.

Never actually heard of him before...don't tell me he's one of those players who sores twice a season and never bagged a hatrick in his life!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
We were also a 96th minute goal away from 8 points and 13th place.

I’m not sure what needs to happen to get things back on track but will trust Klopp and the squad to work it out, but it doesn’t feel like an overnight fix and therefore I think we will be in a fight for top 4.

Problems all over.

Bored speaking of the issues to be honest and the poor form of so many of them.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The signs were there late last season, we were scraping through plenty of games, but managing to win. The scales have gone slightly the other way and we are struggling for points.

Henderson, Trent and Virgil played a faulty part in all of their goals today. 3 key players who aren't performing at the level that we've come to expect.

It does feel this is firmly a top 4 challenge season now.

You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
I'm sorry but this is on FSG. They've been penny pinching for years and got lucky with the best manager in the world but even he can't work miracles for ever.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
I very much doubt that, everything is interlinked a Tchouameni and De Jong would have had us playing better football, more compact, less holes to plug for the defenders, it’s all linked to each other.

This.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not great in possession are we? the chip it back to them seems to be our favorite pass at the minute. fully expect us to find it again but we have dropped off big time.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
Question is going to be can we do enough in January to get top 4 on the back of half a season, because right now it is looking like this half of the season before the world cup will be a write off

We may be too far behind…..forget City and Arsenal, they are getting top 4.
Will be 2 from 4 and if we lose to Spurs in a few weeks at their place, then highly doubt we will finish above them.
Going to need roughly 76 points for top 4…

Need 66 from 31, which could be 66 from 29 in a few weeks which is close to title form.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

Dunno, Van Dijk in his prime would have died as well considering the amount of second balls Brighton were winning and how within two passes he has about three Brighton players running at him. At one point in the second half, through general play and not a counter, it was 3 attackers vs him and Matip.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
Even Van Dijk was calling for a signing. I mean new players do boost other players too. Trouble is we have the tightest owners in the league
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
That is on the players making individual errors. If everyone is happy flogging Tsimikas until he gets an injury that's fine, but you will all be moaning when we only have Milner standing for that position.

To be honest there’s a reasonable moan to be made about the fact that when we need a backup full back on with 20 minutes left a 36 year old midfielder is the go to option.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
We had some dodgy decisions made in the summer.

Expecting Carvalho and Elliot to be groomed to replace our midfield generals. Bought an 80m striker that isn't fit enough to play 90mins. Giving a 500k per week contract to Salah that has upset the dynamics in the team. Milner given an extension.

TAA dropped in form was unexpected though.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We look really bad at the moment,like end of Brendan's era bad.

Several of our key players look physically and mentally shot and when that physical edge has at least temporarily left them nothing else is working for them either.

Have no clue how to fix this quickly as this fatigue(?) looks so widespread,hopefully our coaching team can slowly work us out of this malaise and we can go again refreshed at the latest after the sportswashing cup break and we go as high as we can.

Offline acks

• Kopite
Subs ruined our momentum like in the derby and there are a number of players who are starting games on reputation rather than form like Virgil, Trent Salah and Hendo etc

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan

Similar to 09/10 and 14/15.

We all expected to win the league…..didn’t even get top 4!