3 (0.2%)
Brentford
2 (0.1%)
Brighton
4 (0.3%)
Southampton
4 (0.3%)

Total Members Voted: 371

Author Topic: Predictions: Top 4  (Read 67039 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Predictions: Top 4
« Reply #80 on: October 2, 2022, 09:38:32 am »
We need 6 from the next two games.

Nah our confidence is shot and one win and one draw against the top two sides is more than good enough. It will give our players belief and then can go on a run.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: October 2, 2022, 09:57:19 am »
Getting a bit try hard with all the Spurs comments now chief.

Still a couple of platforms to go. Spreading the word is a thankless task.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: October 2, 2022, 09:59:21 am »
Nah our confidence is shot and one win and one draw against the top two sides is more than good enough. It will give our players belief and then can go on a run.

Draw at Emirates and beat city at Anfield . Everyone is happy.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: October 2, 2022, 10:04:47 am »
We need 6 from the next two games.
We've not been good enough to be looking 2 games ahead. Arsenal can do that because they are in good form. At this point, we don't look capable of comfortably beating anyone. Our confidence is down the tubes and teams feel they can get something off us.

I expect us to lose against City and Arsenal but I'd obviously love to be wrong. Even Rangers will be a slog but that's the beauty of football. Last season, we were going into games knowing that we'd win. It just shows the impact a few positive/negative results can have on a team.
« Last Edit: October 2, 2022, 10:06:56 am by MonsLibpool »

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: October 2, 2022, 02:53:28 pm »
People who are predicting top 4 are basing it on last season…..

We are not the same team, if we lose the next 2 and Spurs and Chelsea win both theirs, I am not sure how we claw back 13 points v spurs (even with a game in hand) and 9 v Chelsea.

We just don’t have the form and there is a serious issue with us, it’s not just a slump.
We also have Spurs away in a few weeks, lose that and top 3 is gone for sure.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: October 2, 2022, 02:55:00 pm »
Draw at Emirates and beat city at Anfield . Everyone is happy.
Prefer it the other way….but on current form, will be super lucky to get anything.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: October 2, 2022, 03:26:49 pm »
Imagine hypothesising whether Liverpool will make CL after 7 games, but that's where we are. Bit saddening and frustrating that winning the league is probably unlikely

Definitely need top 4 to avoid the 'can't buy the player as they'd prefer a team in the CL'

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: October 2, 2022, 08:39:23 pm »
Imagine hypothesising whether Liverpool will make CL after 7 games, but that's where we are. Bit saddening and frustrating that winning the league is probably unlikely

Definitely need top 4 to avoid the 'can't buy the player as they'd prefer a team in the CL'

Ha yeah, thats always been a load of shite. Remember in 20/21 when we were struggling, that line was trotted out. Then, when we made it, we went and splashed the cash on a grand total of one senior player.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #88 on: October 2, 2022, 08:49:13 pm »
On one hand, we're soo much better than we're showing right now and we'll definitely improve. On the other, I'm not sure how we improve at this point.

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline CalgarianRed

• Kopite
« Reply #89 on: October 2, 2022, 10:05:13 pm »
City
Arsenal
Spurs
Liverpool
Chelsea
United

This is the best case assuming we start picking points. Win against Arsenal can be huge.
True North Strong

Offline KennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: October 2, 2022, 10:10:48 pm »
I’m amazed how few votes Arsenal have got.

Admittedly they don’t have most strength in depth but I think there’s best 11 is outstanding. They will definitely be in the top 4 shake up at the end of the year.

The performance they put in against City last year, when they literally went head to head and they out played them was an indication of what was to come. That was the first time I’ve ever really seen anyone really out ’football’ City.. This year they’ve started producing that on a much more consistent basis.

IMO there’s going no where, there a very, very good team.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: October 2, 2022, 10:15:04 pm »

Yes reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit is it Lobo.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: October 2, 2022, 10:33:22 pm »

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: October 2, 2022, 10:36:18 pm »

Admittedly they don’t have most strength in depth but I think there’s best 11 is outstanding. They will definitely be in the top 4 shake up at the end of the year.

The performance they put in against City last year, when they literally went head to head and they out played them was an indication of what was to come. That was the first time I’ve ever really seen anyone really out ’football’ City.. This year they’ve started producing that on a much more consistent basis.

Watched that game myself and thought if they could play like that week in week out they would definitely do some damage this season. Repeating that type of performance time and time again is more of a Man City thing than arsenal and I expect them to lose the plot somewhere during the season
Though to be honest I don't give a shit about anyone else , we look a shadow of what we were

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: October 3, 2022, 01:26:49 am »

It’s to do with the managers , you had Klopp Pep Tuchel (back then) , and Pulis. World class managers while Arteta was lucky to be in a job.  I was confident even from pre season where we ripping teams apart playing a different game to last season , Jesus and Zinchenko have been immense too. Still a long way to go but I can’t see us missing out on top 4. No team has ever reached 20 points after 8 games and missed out on top 4. By that stat us and city are there.

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: October 4, 2022, 10:44:32 pm »
It’s to do with the managers , you had Klopp Pep Tuchel (back then) , and Pulis. World class managers while Arteta was lucky to be in a job.  I was confident even from pre season where we ripping teams apart playing a different game to last season , Jesus and Zinchenko have been immense too. Still a long way to go but I can’t see us missing out on top 4. No team has ever reached 20 points after 8 games and missed out on top 4. By that stat us and city are there.

It was only a few months ago that Arsenal were “nailed on” to finish in the top 4, but limped into 5th. I hope they do finish above everyone, bar us, but there’s a long way to go.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: October 8, 2022, 07:07:35 pm »
The way results have gone today, we really need to win tomorrow.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #97 on: October 8, 2022, 09:15:38 pm »
The way results have gone today, we really need to win tomorrow.
Certainly looks that way. The top 3 won’t drop off, looks like we’re in a battle with Yernited and Chelsea for fourth unless we win tomorrow.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: October 8, 2022, 09:23:44 pm »
Certainly looks that way. The top 3 won’t drop off, looks like we’re in a battle with Yernited and Chelsea for fourth unless we win tomorrow.

I don’t get the belief that top three won’t drop off. City won’t but the others will.

Also I can’t get my head around finishing below Arsenal and Spurs. If we find ourselves so far behind then I will be waiting for the cups. I’m not arsed about top four races, hated them when they were the main target, hate them even more when they are the backup.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: October 8, 2022, 10:35:15 pm »
I don’t get the belief that top three won’t drop off. City won’t but the others will.

Also I can’t get my head around finishing below Arsenal and Spurs. If we find ourselves so far behind then I will be waiting for the cups. I’m not arsed about top four races, hated them when they were the main target, hate them even more when they are the backup.

Well if we lose next few games it’s a huge ask to finish above those two.

We aren’t getting close to the 90 point form this season which is not a criticism but a reality check of where we are now.

Hopefully by 6.30 tomorrow we have the points !

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #100 on: October 8, 2022, 10:35:26 pm »
Who’s even the third member of the top 3? Spurs? Not sure I’ve looked at a table since we beat Bournemouth!

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: October 8, 2022, 10:37:55 pm »
Who’s even the third member of the top 3? Spurs? Not sure I’ve looked at a table since we beat Bournemouth!

Yep, Spurs.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #102 on: October 8, 2022, 10:52:28 pm »

Do you feel you’re basing that belief on our reputation over the past five years? Go a little further back and we were regularly finishing behind both north London clubs. The fact is, we aren’t playing well and while Spurs are more functional than exciting, they are getting results, today at Brighton a case in point. Arsenal have a young exciting side, full of energy and although they won’t win it, their ppg is going to have to fall off a cliff for them to finish outside the top 4, they’re 10 points ahead of us already. We’ve won twice all season.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: October 8, 2022, 11:02:57 pm »
Do you feel you’re basing that belief on our reputation over the past five years? Go a little further back and we were regularly finishing behind both north London clubs. The fact is, we aren’t playing well and while Spurs are more functional than exciting, they are getting results, today at Brighton a case in point. Arsenal have a young exciting side, full of energy and although they won’t win it, their ppg is going to have to fall off a cliff for them to finish outside the top 4, they’re 10 points ahead of us already. We’ve won twice all season.

Well yes but we have shown we have the ability to go on a run when all looks lost. Ultimately though we will know the situation pretty soon.
« Last Edit: October 8, 2022, 11:06:37 pm by killer-heels »

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #104 on: October 8, 2022, 11:06:38 pm »
Well yes but we have shown we have the ability to go on a run when all looks lost. Ultimately though we will know the situation pretty soon.

I think its safe to say its unlikely we are winning the league so actually I am not that bothered what happens in the league, will focus all my attention on the cups.
I agree, I’m a traditionalist in the sense I’d rather win cups than finish 4th. Having said that, the Europa league spiral would be a difficult one to shake off and doesn’t bear thinking about. We couldn’t have a harder set of fixtures upcoming, will there be a reaction?

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: October 9, 2022, 08:40:10 am »
we will win the CL and get automatic qualification to CL anyways.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: October 9, 2022, 06:26:51 pm »

No chance, would need a lot of luck….and 4 finals in 6 years…..will be some feat…..honestly think better to drop in to Europa and win that.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: October 9, 2022, 06:27:16 pm »
Unless we beat City Top 4 is probably going to be really really tough for us unfortunately. Not impossible but will require pretty immediate improvement which doesn't look to be there

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: October 9, 2022, 06:31:31 pm »
better to drop in to Europa and win that.
And complete the set.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: October 9, 2022, 06:35:26 pm »
at some point we will have a winning streak but God knows when.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: October 9, 2022, 06:36:11 pm »
And complete the set.
you forgot the mighty Conference League.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #111 on: October 9, 2022, 06:40:13 pm »
If you assume we need 75 to finish 4th, we'll need a PPG of between 2.1-2.2 from here on

We're currently on 1.25
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: October 9, 2022, 06:43:28 pm »
Legitimately the easiest way for us to get CL may be dropping to Europa to win that.

I don't want that to happen but that may be the easiest way as it stands because getting it in the league seems highly improbable, and if we play the way we are we could easily get knocked out the group stages of the CL

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: October 9, 2022, 06:54:47 pm »
Is it 7th place to get into the new Europa conference thing?

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #114 on: October 9, 2022, 09:48:48 pm »
We're not getting top 4 and Utd, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea are better than us. City are better than all of them.
The players legs have gone, injury prone or in some cases can't be arsed.
Klopp has a big job in the summer.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: October 9, 2022, 09:51:21 pm »
We're not getting top 4 and Utd, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea are better than us. City are better than all of them.
The players legs have gone, injury prone or in some cases can't be arsed.
Klopp has a big job in the summer.
Who can't be arsed in our squad?

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #116 on: October 10, 2022, 12:22:12 am »
1. City
2. Arsenal
3. Spuds
4. Chelsea
5. Liverpool
6. United

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: October 10, 2022, 01:47:47 am »
We are 9 clear of 5th place utd (they have a game in hand), but the top 4 chasers will all be playing each other soon so the gap will get bigger. I think boring Spurs will defend their way to third place finish, but 4th place is up for grabs. Chelsea probably favs but only 6 ahead of Liverpool and there’s such a long way to go.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: October 10, 2022, 02:05:07 am »

LOL
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: October 10, 2022, 09:08:17 am »
I think it will be a year without Europe for us. Hopefully a wake-up call to the owners.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker