3 (0.2%)
Brentford
2 (0.1%)
Brighton
4 (0.3%)
Southampton
4 (0.3%)

Total Members Voted: 371

Author Topic: Predictions: Top 4  (Read 68106 times)

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
Re: Predictions: Top 4
« Reply #360 on: March 6, 2023, 04:37:50 pm »
People are aware that not only did Spurs get battered by Leicester a few games ago, but lost to Wolves at the weekend...?

Spurs are an erratic team in terms of performance and results.

Just need to look at the games you highlighted (plus getting beat by Sheff United in FA Cup). Equally they have beaten Chelsea and City in a similar time period. Wouldn't bet against them getting through to the CL QFs this week.

I don't seem them being perfect and rolling off a run of 8 or 9 wins on the bounce. Equally I don't see them falling apart. Think they'll continue to be a mixed bag and get somewhere between 64 and 67 points.

I'm less sure on Newcastle. they are in terrible form currently. But before hand have been a 2point s game type team. If I had to guess I think they'll also end up around 65 points.

That's what our aim should be -  +65 points. That should be able but we've been a really inconsistent team. If the last 5 games are more indicative of where we are heading then 65 points should be easily do-able.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #361 on: March 6, 2023, 04:38:40 pm »
One game at a time. Bournemouth next.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: March 6, 2023, 04:40:45 pm »
Spurs are an erratic team in terms of performance and results.

Just need to look at the games you highlighted (plus getting beat by Sheff United in FA Cup). Equally they have beaten Chelsea and City in a similar time period. Wouldn't bet against them getting through to the CL QFs this week.

I don't seem them being perfect and rolling off a run of 8 or 9 wins on the bounce. Equally I don't see them falling apart. Think they'll continue to be a mixed bag and get somewhere between 64 and 67 points.

I'm less sure on Newcastle. they are in terrible form currently. But before hand have been a 2point s game type team. If I had to guess I think they'll also end up around 65 points.

That's what our aim should be -  +65 points. That should be able but we've been a really inconsistent team. If the last 5 games are more indicative of where we are heading then 65 points should be easily do-able.
Newcastle are totally out of it mate. They have no chance. They've been overperforming and have now run out of steam.

Spurs might have easier fixtures on paper but it's doesn't seem to be a happy camp there so them losing against awful teams wouldn't be a surprise.

Yeah I agree. 65 points are about right. That'd probably be one of the lowest tallies in history for a team that finishes fourth.
« Last Edit: March 6, 2023, 04:44:30 pm by MonsLibpool »

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: March 6, 2023, 04:49:31 pm »
The others dropping the required points was never going to be the problem, was all about whether we could find our proper level or close to it.  Signs are positive but got to improve our away form now. 4 of the next 5 are away. Think if we get 5 or 6 from City, Arsenal and Chelsea we'll stroll it given our remaining fixtures after that. 9 wins from 13 should absolutely nail it, hopefully less is required but wouldn't like to chance it.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: March 6, 2023, 05:07:27 pm »
Need to also pay Brighton some attention. If they win their games in hand, they are outright fourth. They are also probably the most reliable team going for it in that you generally know what you're going to get going into any given game.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #365 on: March 6, 2023, 05:12:26 pm »
Need to also pay Brighton some attention. If they win their games in hand, they are outright fourth. They are also probably the most reliable team going for it in that you generally know what you're going to get going into any given game.

Yup - they've been playing really really well... they've got the 4th best xg over the season on fbref fwiw.
The obvious suspicion is that they'll drop off with a smaller squad but they've got a lot of very winnable games left
Currently 7/1 with the bookies which feels much too high  (538 model prefers them to Newcastle who are 2/1 for example)

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: March 6, 2023, 06:27:36 pm »
Yup - they've been playing really really well... they've got the 4th best xg over the season on fbref fwiw.
The obvious suspicion is that they'll drop off with a smaller squad but they've got a lot of very winnable games left
Currently 7/1 with the bookies which feels much too high  (538 model prefers them to Newcastle who are 2/1 for example)

Always used to struggle for goals under Potter.  Now Chelsea do. 

Offline spartan2785

• Main Stander
« Reply #367 on: March 6, 2023, 06:37:16 pm »
I'm honestly the most worried about Brighton, Newcastle is already falling off, Spurs are well....Spurs, but Brighton have got a pretty decent schedule still left to get a lot of wins, and it just feels as if they don't have the same blips in their game that the other clubs do. 

They do have a pretty easy QF against Grimsby, so the FA cup is going to be a massive distraction towards the end of the season. 

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #368 on: March 6, 2023, 07:11:22 pm »
I can't believe people are concerned about perennial bottlers Spurs, I'd be more concerned about Brighton if I was at all concerned about any team.

Personally I think we'll get 4th comfortably and depending on how Utd implode following yesterday's battering could even sneak 3rd which would be a decent return after the season we've had
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #369 on: March 6, 2023, 07:12:06 pm »
12.30 on the Saturday (presumably) after an international break is probably not a bad time to play City either. Hopefully a lot of their’s will have travelled far and wide, and probably clocked up more minutes than our lads.

Remember we have Spurs at home in our back pocket too. Can be a tricky game, but if we go into it needing the win I’m confident we will.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #370 on: March 6, 2023, 07:13:13 pm »
Newcastle are totally out of it mate. They have no chance. They've been overperforming and have now run out of steam.

Spurs might have easier fixtures on paper but it's doesn't seem to be a happy camp there so them losing against awful teams wouldn't be a surprise.

Yeah I agree. 65 points are about right. That'd probably be one of the lowest tallies in history for a team that finishes fourth.

When Everton finished above us to get 4th in 2005 I’m sure it was with something like 57 points.

Edit 61. We got 58.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: March 6, 2023, 07:14:56 pm »
a piece on Brighton on MNF is highlighting their danger as a top 4 threat.

The job De Zerbi is doing is incredible.
He will be at a top club very soon

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: March 6, 2023, 07:22:58 pm »
Brighton will not finish in the top 4 ...

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: March 6, 2023, 07:29:14 pm »
Brighton look a bit worrisome.

Expect United to implode. Spurs to bottle it as usual.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: March 6, 2023, 07:33:24 pm »
When Everton finished above us to get 4th in 2005 I’m sure it was with something like 57 points.

Edit 61. We got 58.
That was a really poor season.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: March 6, 2023, 07:35:14 pm »
Brighton's top scorers at the moment are Gross, Mitoma and Mac Allister with 6, and March with 5 goals. I know they did well against us this season, but a team with that type of attack stands no chance in an April/May top 4 race ...

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #376 on: March 6, 2023, 07:44:46 pm »
Brighton's top scorers at the moment are Gross, Mitoma and Mac Allister with 6, and March with 5 goals. I know they did well against us this season, but a team with that type of attack stands no chance in an April/May top 4 race ...
tend to agree but think they are more of a threat than Newcastle or Spurs

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #377 on: March 6, 2023, 07:46:53 pm »
I don’t think Brighton need CL football as much as other clubs. Think they’d be happy just getting to Europe one way or another and if they make the FA Cup semis they may lose a bit of focus.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: March 6, 2023, 08:07:59 pm »
tend to agree but think they are more of a threat than Newcastle or Spurs

Nah, all 3 teams have flaws. As long as we stay fit, we will beat all 3 of them to the top 4 ...

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #379 on: March 6, 2023, 08:10:03 pm »
Nah, all 3 teams have flaws. As long as we stay fit, we will beat all 3 of them to the top 4 ...
agree, I'm very confident we'll get top 4

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: March 6, 2023, 09:21:35 pm »
Brighton and Newcastle won’t finish 4th. As Spursy as Spurs are, if we finish above them, we are playing CL football next year.

More than any other team, my worry is ourselves, particularly these next 4 fixtures. They are a very cruel run of fixtures. Even Bournemouth away isn’t ideal, although anything but a win there would be a disaster and we Can probably forget about 4th.
« Last Edit: March 6, 2023, 09:23:51 pm by deano2727 »

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #381 on: March 6, 2023, 11:01:28 pm »
I think if take 27 points(total 69) from remaining 39(13 games) left that should give us a top 4 finish
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #382 on: March 6, 2023, 11:09:55 pm »
a piece on Brighton on MNF is highlighting their danger as a top 4 threat.

The job De Zerbi is doing is incredible.
He will be at a top club very soon
Said it to couple of mates few games ago. He's a brilliant manager and can see him winning leagues and champion leagues with a big top club
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: March 8, 2023, 06:32:15 pm »
With Diaz coming back, we have enough in attack to blow teams away even though other areas aren't perfect.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: March 11, 2023, 02:29:08 pm »
Ok yeah, I'm not being delusional any more about this and getting excited when we win a game, we are absolutely dreadful and there's not a fucking hope we get it. A Europa spot would be remarkable given how bad we've been but doubt we'll manage that either.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: March 11, 2023, 02:31:06 pm »
Ok yeah, I'm not being delusional any more about this and getting excited when we win a game, we are absolutely dreadful and there's not a fucking hope we get it. A Europa spot would be remarkable given how bad we've been but doubt we'll manage that either.

0 points in our next 3 wouldn't be a shock. Spurs could and probably should win their next 5.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #386 on: March 11, 2023, 02:33:40 pm »
We're going for top 4, not the title. Results like this happen. Spurs just lost to Wolves last week. It will go down to the wire unfortunately.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #387 on: March 11, 2023, 02:33:48 pm »
Surely that’s our top 4 chance gone now. We win today and momentum is building.

Take Europa and end this season already.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #388 on: March 11, 2023, 02:35:38 pm »

How is anything decided today? We're shit, Spurs are shit, Newcastle are shit. Anything can happen.

Going by your logic we should have won every game for the rest of the season after last weekend.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: March 11, 2023, 02:37:50 pm »
0 points in our next 3 wouldn't be a shock. Spurs could and probably should win their next 5.

Yep, a plucky defeat v City, a no show v Chelsea then we'll probably game raise v Arsenal but who knows if it'll be enough.

It's all well and good loads saying "these things happen in a top 4 race" every time we drop points, sure true but we have less margin for error than the rest as we are constantly chasing. I'll take "these things happening" when we are 4 points above Tottenham or something, not when we are behind.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #390 on: March 11, 2023, 02:43:17 pm »
I think we'll put better performances in against City/Chelsea/Arsenal - It's just what we've done all season. Personally, I reckon we'll take 4 points from that, which surely, fucking surely won't be good enough come the end of the season. We've laughed in past years at shit teams looking to get the 4th spot, saying whoever gets it doesn't deserve it, and unfortunately this season we're one of those sides. Let's hope we do get it, but even not there's big work to be done this summer.

I still think Spurs could shit themselves, though.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: March 11, 2023, 02:55:45 pm »
We're going for top 4, not the title. Results like this happen. Spurs just lost to Wolves last week. It will go down to the wire unfortunately.

Yep. Lucky for us, Chelsea are shite, and Newcastle and Spurs are inconsistent just like us.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: March 11, 2023, 03:40:12 pm »

We can't keep doing this every week :D

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: March 11, 2023, 03:40:49 pm »
I think Spurs get top 4 after today.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: March 11, 2023, 03:44:38 pm »
I think Spurs get top 4 after today.
They are shite too. The best thing we can do is to not have any expectations and take it game by game. We win one and we're nailed on then lose and we won't make the top 4. It's been happening for weeks on end now. A more balanced perspective would help.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: March 11, 2023, 03:47:59 pm »
Brighton and Newcastle won’t finish 4th. As Spursy as Spurs are, if we finish above them, we are playing CL football next year.

More than any other team, my worry is ourselves, particularly these next 4 fixtures. They are a very cruel run of fixtures. Even Bournemouth away isn’t ideal, although anything but a win there would be a disaster and we Can probably forget about 4th.

Yeah. F*ck sake.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #396 on: March 11, 2023, 03:57:58 pm »
Gap will be too large between us and Spurs by the time our fixtures are easier
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: March 11, 2023, 03:59:00 pm »
Gap will be too large between us and Spurs by the time our fixtures are easier
Playing easier games doesn't seem to help us.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #398 on: March 11, 2023, 04:00:11 pm »
Playing easier games doesn't seem to help us.

We won’t get it.

Away form been shit all season.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: March 11, 2023, 04:05:10 pm »

True but we're already playing catch up, we can't afford to keep slipping up when playing a team literally bottom of the table at the start of the day.