Robbie Redman
6 (18.8%)
Tubby v
9 (28.1%)
Nicholls1986
7 (21.9%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: June 17, 2022, 02:00:15 pm

Author Topic: Football Circle Draft- Quarter Final 1 & 2  (Read 789 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Football Circle Draft- Quarter Final 1 & 2
« on: June 16, 2022, 02:00:15 pm »
Betty

V

Robbie

Tubby

V

Nicholls

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Re: Football Circle Draft- Quarter Final 1 & 2
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2022, 02:33:01 pm »
I'd love to see some of these games. Hardly any weaknesses in the teams.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2022, 03:08:10 pm »
Betty and Nicholls, but very, very close as you'd expect. Excellent work by all drafters in getting this quality of line-up
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2022, 04:39:39 pm »
Stoichkov on the Right does seem weird still even though he played there as well.  ;D

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2022, 05:45:52 pm »
This is good shit. Definitely one to mull over before voting but some really decent looking teams in here.

Take a boo sons.

Offline NICHOLLS

• Legacy Fan
  • Ohhhhh ya beauty, what a hit son, what a hit!
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2022, 06:08:13 pm »
Stoichkov (the complete attacker) was still lethal on the right:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2nYAf2b5hA4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2nYAf2b5hA4</a>

- goals, assists, dribbles, cutting in on his stronger left foot (chemistry with Romario), high workrate…

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2022, 07:20:36 pm »
Betty and Nicholls but so, so close. Nicholls has the best team in the draft I’d wager.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2022, 11:36:32 am »
well done Betty

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2022, 12:34:55 pm »
Henry and Baggio against Desailly and Maldini. And at the other end Van Basten and Ibrahimovic against Puyol and Baresi. Lovely stuff. Just went withBetty. MRginally fewer weaker links (not that Robbie has any really).

Abs in the other game, again too tight to call. I went withTubby and hoped it wouldn’t be pivotal but it looks like it could be. Nicholls has a great team and I now hate myself. Just thought Tubby’s midfield three might have a bit more fight as a group, his front three is still lethal if a little under rated in drafts and his back full backs are top notch.

All four of these would be worthy winners overall to be honest.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 12:36:38 pm by Crosby Nick »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2022, 12:43:41 pm »
Must say I'm surprised at that second one! Good as tubbys team is, Nicholls looks better in practically every position (apart from left back). Buffon clearly over Lopez, Nesta and Chiellini over Varane and Carvalho. Cafu over Zambrotta, but Zambrotta was still a great so not much in it. Essien was a beast...but a beast for a pretty short amount of time. And that front four is outrageous. Bale and Ronaldo are going to want to come inside (ooof) too so you're getting a fair bit of congestion in there.

Someones proper stitched Nicholls up by making out Stoichkov on the right is like playing Messi at CB :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2022, 12:59:33 pm »
Betty and Nicholls but so, so close. Nicholls has the best team in the draft I’d wager.

Yeah, agreed. Surprised Nicholls is losing this, I had him down as the winner of the whole thing.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2022, 01:13:29 pm »
Must say I'm surprised at that second one! Good as tubbys team is, Nicholls looks better in practically every position (apart from left back). Buffon clearly over Lopez, Nesta and Chiellini over Varane and Carvalho. Cafu over Zambrotta, but Zambrotta was still a great so not much in it. Essien was a beast...but a beast for a pretty short amount of time. And that front four is outrageous. Bale and Ronaldo are going to want to come inside (ooof) too so you're getting a fair bit of congestion in there.

Someones proper stitched Nicholls up by making out Stoichkov on the right is like playing Messi at CB :D

And that was Tubby himself. 4d chess  ;D 

Went with Nicholls in game 2 myself. Similarly surprised at the scoreline as I expected him to fly away with this draft, but he seems to have met his kryptonite here. I'm a little biased as a I can't stand Bale, but I imagine him vs Favalli is the swing vote in this. Favalli was solid and has a cool name, but was not a world class fullback. These matches are so tight that we're all looking for any tiny weakness to help us decide. Conversely, Tubby's team has probably the best winger to fullback play in the whole draft. I can see why he's leading this one, even if I gave Nicholls the edge myself. Not a big fan of Varane personally. Always feel like he can be got at and facing that front 4 would rightly terrify anyone.

well done Betty

Wasn't looking forward to facing your side at all, mate. Great team you put together there - as with all of these. Probably Oddo was the small chink in your armour.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline NICHOLLS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2022, 02:02:40 pm »
Not being biased, but Stoichkov is the probably the 2nd best left-footed forward we've seen attacking from the right wing (goals+assists+dribbling).

1. Messi
2. Stoichkov
3. Salah

(+ even including the Sir Tom Finney footage available)

In terms of left-footed inverted wingers, Robben and Bale are the elite options.

Good luck Tubby, you now have my support  :champ

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2022, 02:14:15 pm »
Good luck Tubby, you now have my support  :champ

Thanks, bud.  Thought it was heading to a draw, but it probably was that Favalli pick that did you in.  Great team though.

And that was Tubby himself. 4d chess  ;D

I wish I was that smart.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2022, 02:15:22 pm »
My last vote felt like a coin toss and I could have easily gone the other way. Stupid Samie and his continual bumps, guilting me into voting.

Offline NICHOLLS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2022, 02:24:26 pm »
Thanks, bud.  Thought it was heading to a draw, but it probably was that Favalli pick that did you in.  Great team though.
Yeah, maybe if I had Maldini in there it would have been a done deal  ;D

I do like Favalli though, more of your lockdown defensive fullback than a modern ‘winger’ fullback.

As a counter attacking unit your XI is very effective and dangerous.