Author Topic: S.L. Benfica QF 2022  (Read 28504 times)

Offline Max100

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: S.L. Benfica QF 2022
« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2022, 10:00:19 am »
Respect to anyone who pays that for a game of footy. That plus your transport, accommodation, food, drink etc. Big money for 90 mins

Checking prices if you self book, and considering the convenience etc, involved, its not really that expensive, all considering, especially if you can't really take more than a day or two off work

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2022, 10:23:53 am »
Bloody hell 😂 Nobody on the forum has any idea about details/allocations until it's announced by the club

Just wait until then - here's where any announcement will be:

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news?categoryId=191

or @lfchelp on Twitter

Offline BigThrilly

• Boys Pen
« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2022, 11:44:57 am »
Has there been an allocation announced for this one ??

Sorry not yet, but I’ve seen 3-3.5k being bandied about from previous CL games so it’s fairly sizeable.

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2022, 11:52:21 am »
Checking prices if you self book, and considering the convenience etc, involved, its not really that expensive, all considering, especially if you can't really take more than a day or two off work

Each to their own but you get a holiday for a fraction of the price when you self book. It’s the best part. Day trips are just a flight to go the match so in context they’re very expensive. I’ll happily hold my hands up and say I’m not committed enough to pay the best part of 4 ton to go straight there and back.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 02:13:41 pm by Barry Banana »
Long live the King

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2022, 02:51:39 pm »
Sorry not yet, but I’ve seen 3-3.5k being bandied about from previous CL games so it’s fairly sizeable.
Yeah, but may depend on any potential further Covid measures in Portugal.....which has recently extended remaining Covid restrictions into next month due to the high prevalence of the Omicron BA2 variant and increased infections - although I've not seen any info regarding limits on stadia capacities in Portugal, as yet.

Offline shaunNW

• Main Stander
  • semi-Woolyback
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2022, 03:32:53 pm »
Yeah, but may depend on any potential further Covid measures in Portugal.....which has recently extended remaining Covid restrictions into next month due to the high prevalence of the Omicron BA2 variant and increased infections - although I've not seen any info regarding limits on stadia capacities in Portugal, as yet.
it's full capacity. They've put there tickets on sale already just waiting for our club to announce it

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2022, 04:00:37 pm »
Looks like tickets will be 45e, going off their website

Offline Max100

• Main Stander
« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2022, 04:04:18 pm »
Each to their own but you get a holiday for a fraction of the price when you self book. It’s the best part. Day trips are just a flight to go the match so in context they’re very expensive. I’ll happily hold my hands up and say I’m not committed enough to pay the best part of 4 ton to go straight there and back.

Fair point

Offline redmen27

• Main Stander
« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2022, 04:45:34 pm »
If it’s the 3.5K allocation as expected everyone with 1 as per inter game should be sorted
If theres no one at the crossroads..... give er loads!!!

Offline russmills10

• Main Stander
  • Kopite
« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2022, 04:47:45 pm »
If it’s the 3.5K allocation as expected everyone with 1 as per inter game should be sorted
The club said credits arent counting from previous games this season though

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2022, 04:49:35 pm »

1+ were guaranteed for Madrid with a 3306 allocation, so will be again as the allocation should be similar for this.

Offline BigThrilly

• Boys Pen
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2022, 04:50:40 pm »

Think he meant 1 credit from 19/20 (ie from Atletico, Salzburg, Napoli or Genk)

Offline russmills10

• Main Stander
  • Kopite
« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2022, 04:51:50 pm »
Think he meant 1 credit from 19/20 (ie from Atletico, Salzburg, Napoli or Genk)
Oh yes my bad

Offline redmen27

• Main Stander
« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2022, 09:01:25 pm »
Exactly 👍
If theres no one at the crossroads..... give er loads!!!

Offline Max100

• Main Stander
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2022, 11:58:44 am »

Meaning someone who has been to all homes and several aways this season won't be considered for a ticket for the final (if indeed we get there) but someone who has only homes from previous seasons will be?

I personally don't see how that will be fair

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2022, 02:04:33 pm »
Meaning someone who has been to all homes and several aways this season won't be considered for a ticket for the final (if indeed we get there) but someone who has only homes from previous seasons will be?

They might just do a ballot of all homes
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2022, 02:12:05 pm »

I think he means away credits don't count, which was correct up to and including the Inter game - due to the fact there is a pandemic on.

Offline Max100

• Main Stander
« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2022, 03:18:37 pm »
They might just do a ballot of all homes

That'll not be fair either, as some people have more aways than homes.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2022, 03:20:01 pm »
That'll not be fair either, as some people have more aways than homes.
But aways  explicitly stated they won't be used as credits
YNWA

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2022, 03:37:57 pm »
They will do all homes this season, and 1 away from 18/19 or 19/20, for the final

All homes in a ballot

Offline pw1008

• Kopite
« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2022, 03:39:24 pm »
I think credits from this season might be used if we get to final but not for next season. Away tickets counted for league cup final didn’t they?

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: March 23, 2022, 03:39:24 pm »
They will do all homes this season, and 1 away from 18/19 or 19/20, for the final

All homes in a ballot

Or Benfica +semi will count as credits.
There are no restrictions or test to get into Portugal and stadiums at 100%. This may be the first one that will carry a credit (credit counts for this season only).

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #102 on: March 23, 2022, 03:40:59 pm »
Or Benfica +semi will count as credits.
There are no restrictions or test to get into Portugal and stadiums at 100%. This may be the first one that will carry a credit (credit counts for this season only).

Yep - Covid was the reason for no credits. This is the first game where rightly or wrongly - both countries are ‘living with Covid’.
Long live the King

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: March 23, 2022, 03:42:59 pm »
Yep - Covid was the reason for no credits. This is the first game where rightly or wrongly - both countries are ‘living with Covid’.

Yes, it says on the selling notices it will be reviewed on a game by game basis. I would actually be surprised if this does not carry a credit.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2022, 03:50:44 pm »
Yeah fair points actually, I'm not so sure, I think they might get a bit of stick if they changed it mid-way through, but I can see what you mean

They need to get a move on given the game is in 2 weeks!

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2022, 06:58:12 pm »
I think credits from this season might be used if we get to final but not for next season. Away tickets counted for league cup final didn’t they?

they explicitly said that the away tickets won't count for latter parts of the competition.
YNWA.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2022, 06:59:56 pm »

will be interested to see what they do. even if we're both 'living with covid' at this point i think it's fair to assume there's fans that are reluctant to travel still.
YNWA.

Offline James_1906

• Kopite
« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2022, 07:06:23 pm »
will be interested to see what they do. even if we're both 'living with covid' at this point i think it's fair to assume there's fans that are reluctant to travel still.
Surely there has to be a point where a credit counts and this game is the perfect oppourtunity.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2022, 07:07:44 pm »

Credit would only be for this season anyway, not future seasons. So it would only be used for max of 2 games over the next 2 months.

Are people who are reluctant to travel suddenly going to be fine travelling to Paris in 2 months time? Or Munich/Villarreal in a months time?

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #109 on: March 23, 2022, 07:08:43 pm »
Exactly - 'living with Covid' whether here or in Portugal doesn't mean the thing has gone away......there is high prevalence of Covid both here and Portugal (and increasing). So, even if there is a full allocation and no restrictions, it may not be enough to persuade some to travel.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: March 23, 2022, 07:15:16 pm »
Exactly - 'living with Covid' whether here or in Portugal doesn't mean the thing has gone away......there is high prevalence of Covid both here and Portugal (and increasing). So, even if there is a full allocation and no restrictions, it may not be enough to persuade some to travel.

Thing is though mate, if they won't travel to Portugal in April for the Quarters, then surely they won't travel to Paris for the Final in May anyway?

Personally think it's time to bring back credits again, because it's not like it will disappear anytime soon, and they can't keep going off credits from 2020 forever
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #111 on: March 23, 2022, 07:32:20 pm »
Thing is though mate, if they won't travel to Portugal in April for the Quarters, then surely they won't travel to Paris for the Final in May anyway?

Personally think it's time to bring back credits again, because it's not like it will disappear anytime soon, and they can't keep going off credits from 2020 forever
Possibly, I don't know. All I'm saying is there are people who have been put off travelling because of the pandemic (some regular travellers) - and the club have recognised that, hence the notices about credits not counting for this season. It may well be that for this upcoming game the club use it as a credit going forward, but it would go against what they've already said in previous sales notices.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #112 on: March 23, 2022, 07:35:43 pm »
Possibly, I don't know. All I'm saying is there are people who have been put off travelling because of the pandemic (some regular travellers) - and the club have recognised that, hence the notices about credits not counting for this season. It may well be that for this upcoming game the club use it as a credit going forward, but it would go against what they've already said in previous sales notices.
they've said would review the policy on game by game basis so it wouldn't go against what they've said

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #113 on: March 23, 2022, 07:42:30 pm »
No it wouldn’t, the club have made it very clear on all 4 selling notices :

This will be reviewed on a game-by-game basis during the competition this season, with further announcements ahead of each game.

Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #114 on: March 23, 2022, 07:56:14 pm »
No it wouldn’t, the club have made it very clear on all 4 selling notices :

This will be reviewed on a game-by-game basis during the competition this season, with further announcements ahead of each game.

they've said would review the policy on game by game basis so it wouldn't go against what they've said
What I meant was it would go against what they'd already said in previous notices regarding credits and the pandemic.....but yes I agree, as you & ABJ have said, it will be reviewed game by game - so we'll see....

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #115 on: March 23, 2022, 08:07:54 pm »
On another note, tomorrow will be 6 days since the draw and as per usual, no selling details.

One thing that you can guarantee though is that it will be Benfica's fault, not LFC's. The closer it gets to the game, the more likely that it will be collection only in Lisbon, it was a shit show at Inter so no doubt lessons have not been learnt.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: March 23, 2022, 08:08:49 pm »
What I meant was it would go against what they'd already said in previous notices regarding credits and the pandemic.....but yes I agree, as you & ABJ have said, it will be reviewed game by game - so we'll see....
yeah don't disagree there

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: March 23, 2022, 08:09:20 pm »
On another note, tomorrow will be 6 days since the draw and as per usual, no selling details.

One thing that you can guarantee though is that it will be Benfica's fault, not LFC's. The closer it gets to the game, the more likely that it will be collection only in Lisbon, it was a shit show at Inter so no doubt lessons have not been learnt.
1000 more tickets potentially to be collected too

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #118 on: March 23, 2022, 08:14:26 pm »

Indeed and very frustrating.......hope it's not collection ffs

Offline James_1906

• Kopite
« Reply #119 on: March 23, 2022, 08:54:25 pm »
Surely it can't be that hard for ticket details to be released? Benfica already have their home tickets on sale so whats the delays for? TO being inconsiderate towards travelling supporters once again.