Poll

The incoming Tory Tax Cuts..

Brilliant! With everyone struggling at the moment, a few hundred quid would be most welcome
Maybe a small one, but money should be spent on failing public services
I am an egg and I like cheese and fluffy squirrels called Bob. Bob the Fluffy squirrel is my fave babes.
There shouldn't be a tax cut when public services are already so broken. Keep spending what we are
Far more investment is needed in this country. Spend the money where it's needed now and fuck this stupid Austerity shite.

Author Topic: Never mind 'Stop the Boats' - STOP THE TORIES  (Read 1308487 times)

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Conservative Party - never quite sure if they are thick or bonkers
« Reply #6160 on: June 23, 2022, 10:24:25 am »
https://www.blaetter.de/en/2021/07/the-politics-of-lies-boris-johnson-and-the-erosion-of-the-rule-of-law

It's long, a bit depressing, but well worth a read. Worth sharing too.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #6161 on: June 23, 2022, 01:06:45 pm »
Britain Elects
@BritainElects
Westminster voting intention:

LAB: 36% (-2)
CON: 34% (+2)
LDEM: 13% (-)
GRN: 5% (-3)
REF: 4% (+1)

via
@KantarPublic
, 16 - 20 Jun
Chgs. w/ May

https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1539924893105537024

This country is certifiably insane

(But then, Starmer is terrible. He's getting Corbyn-bad in terms of leadership ability, and is increasingly just letting the RWM dictate Labour policy.)
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6162 on: June 23, 2022, 01:20:03 pm »
'Corbyn-bad'? He doesn't even have the excuse of most of his own party repeatedly shitting themselves in public then blaming him for the ever growing mountain of shite accumulating outside Labour HQ, and he's had nothing but positive press coverage for his campaign of becoming the living embodiment of nothing becoming PM.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6163 on: June 23, 2022, 01:43:34 pm »
Britain Elects
@BritainElects

via
@KantarPublic
, 16 - 20 Jun
Chgs. w/ May

(But then, Starmer is terrible. He's getting Corbyn-bad in terms of leadership ability, and is increasingly just letting the RWM dictate Labour policy.)

Not sure, thats not a good set of numbers for the Tories. An election campaign could easily readjust the Labour/Lib Dem mix.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6164 on: June 23, 2022, 01:52:38 pm »
Britain Elects
@BritainElects

via
@KantarPublic
, 16 - 20 Jun
Chgs. w/ May

On the positive side, we could reasonably lump the Labour, LibDem and Green votes together given that they appear to be cooperating more with each other. If they cooperate in the GE, the Tories could be obliterated. But yes, the Great British Public are indeed insane.

But I disagree with your comparison with Corbyn. Corbyn was monumentally bad - unelectable by any standard. Starmer is a bit dull and too timid. Bad enough for me to wish for change, mind.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6165 on: June 23, 2022, 02:04:49 pm »
On the positive side, we could reasonably lump the Labour, LibDem and Green votes together given that they appear to be cooperating more with each other. If they cooperate in the GE, the Tories could be obliterated. But yes, the Great British Public are indeed insane.

But I disagree with your comparison with Corbyn. Corbyn was monumentally bad - unelectable by any standard. Starmer is a bit dull and too timid. Bad enough for me to wish for change, mind.
That's a pretty big IF.  The escalating nonsense between Swinson and Corbyn was a contributing factor to the size of the Tory majority (whilst Frottage stood down his candidates for pro-Brexit Tory candidates).  Starmer and Davey are both pretty middle of the road which may or may not be a good thing, depending on how they try to distinguish themselves.

The Tories have yet to get around to gerrymandering or voter identification but they will.  Then there'll be the big pre-election tax cuts.  The current Labour set-up is also largely untested in electioneering whilst the Tory dog-whistling and lying approach has been tried and tested in both the Brexit campaign and the 2019 GE.

I don't think I'd suck up another five years of this government so that poll has sent chills down my spine.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6166 on: June 23, 2022, 03:54:12 pm »
Britain Elects
@BritainElects

via
@KantarPublic
, 16 - 20 Jun
Chgs. w/ May

Fucking unbelievable. What’s left to see to make your mind up? Essentially 34% of the country are ok with racism, xenophobia and law breaking.

Starmer doesn’t seem to be cutting through unfortunately. He needs to get stuck into them more

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6167 on: June 23, 2022, 04:00:05 pm »
Fucking unbelievable. What’s left to see to make your mind up? Essentially 34% of the country are ok with racism, xenophobia and law breaking.

Starmer doesn’t seem to be cutting through unfortunately. He needs to get stuck into them more

More strikes?

https://news.sky.com/story/british-airways-workers-at-heathrow-vote-to-strike-during-school-summer-holidays-12639088

Online Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6168 on: June 23, 2022, 04:03:40 pm »

Re the co operating a bit. They need to get savvy and play the Tories and UKIP at their own game. The cynic in me thinks they will find a way to fuck it up and try to nab each others voters (Starmer will probably say something like, it wouldn't be a proper democracy otherwise)

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6169 on: June 23, 2022, 04:17:10 pm »
People bothsidesing the topic of election pacts as if it hasn't been Labour that has evidently been the most uncooperative over the past few years.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 04:19:59 pm by ShakaHislop »

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6170 on: June 23, 2022, 04:38:50 pm »
The Tories are always guaranteed around 30% of the vote - no shocks there!

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6171 on: June 23, 2022, 05:49:38 pm »
The strikes will - in the short term - have helped the Tory vote in two ways - they'll get a few waverers who are a bit pissed off and want to stick it to the Unions, and some Labour will drift off to Greens/nobody.

But that's because it's a pretty minor inconvenience on the whole so far (with some exceptions). Lets see what its like in a few months when teachers are out, and other professions - all because the Tories are shit.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6172 on: June 23, 2022, 05:49:56 pm »
Also any non-Tory not voting Labour in Wakefield or Lib Dem in Tiverton is an idiot.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6173 on: June 23, 2022, 05:59:06 pm »
Two biggies tonight. Its like Christmas.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6174 on: June 23, 2022, 06:58:06 pm »
I was in the pub earlier and overheard somebody call Grant Shapps an honest politician. I explained to him that Grant Shapps has previously used three pseudonyms and essentially ran a Ponzi scheme.  He didn't believe me, called me woke and shite.  When I showed him the evidence, he drank up and left.  The girl he was with stayed though, when I left she was chatting to the lad behind the bar.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6175 on: June 23, 2022, 06:58:55 pm »
Also any non-Tory not voting Labour in Wakefield or Lib Dem in Tiverton is an idiot.

Im perplexed they are even competing.  Really annoyed me.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6176 on: June 23, 2022, 07:11:25 pm »
I was in the pub earlier and overheard somebody call Grant Shapps an honest politician. I explained to him that Grant Shapps has previously used three pseudonyms and essentially ran a Ponzi scheme.  He didn't believe me, called me woke and shite.  When I showed him the evidence, he drank up and left.  The girl he was with stayed though, when I left she was chatting to the lad behind the bar.

Ha, thats quite funny. Dunno why you bother trying to speak to people about politics outside friends and family. Also I am surprised you didnt stab him, which is what I would have done had they called me shite.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6177 on: June 23, 2022, 08:00:09 pm »
Damn. For a moment there I thought you were going to tell us that she stayed and left with you! ;D
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #6178 on: June 23, 2022, 09:08:37 pm »
Damn. For a moment there I thought you were going to tell us that she stayed and left with you! ;D

So did I!

It looks like the barman was the one who got lucky.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #6179 on: June 23, 2022, 10:27:33 pm »
So did I!

It looks like the barman was the one who got lucky.

Like a dog always begging for more...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #6180 on: June 23, 2022, 10:39:03 pm »
The lib dems need a monumental shift to win in Tiverton.. tories got 60% of the vote last time out…
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #6183 on: June 23, 2022, 10:56:02 pm »
This poll has 11 point lead for Labour.  Polls are erratic to say the least

https://mobile.twitter.com/SavantaComRes/status/1540029760067231744?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1540029760067231744%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=
Not so much.

You’ve got two sets of polls.  Those that do account for don’t knows and those that don’t.

So, some don’t have a ‘don’t know’ so you’re forced to make a choice. Others do have a don’t know and correct for it, mostly assuming that they spilt the same way as last time (not that they will, but it’s more accurate than trying to guess).

The polls showing bigger leads ignore don’t knows…. If (big if) the don’t knows split the same as last time, the pollls at 5-6% lead would be right
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6184 on: June 23, 2022, 11:00:11 pm »
Wakefield is in the bag. Its down in the South West where all the attention should be on. Come on Lib Dems, you gang of c*nts.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #6185 on: June 23, 2022, 11:02:27 pm »
The lib dems need a monumental shift to win in Tiverton.. tories got 60% of the vote last time out…

I think by numbers (rather than swing %) it would be the biggest overturning of a majority ever if the LDs win. They may not do it, but even being competitive should be a massive shot across the bows for a good number of Tories who consider their seats safe in the socially-progressive areas of Toryshire.

Johnson's coalition of 'get Brexit dunners' was never going to last, and you'd hope that more and more sections of society are waking up to the fact that country is in absolute meltdown at every level.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Circa1892

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6186 on: June 23, 2022, 11:15:16 pm »

In the other side of the bar Wayne Bridge finishes his cider…

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #6187 on: June 24, 2022, 12:26:14 am »
Wow. Assuming I can believe Wikipedia, he really isn't someone you'd want on an ethics committee. Or maybe he is.

Also, is woke an insult these days?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #6188 on: June 24, 2022, 12:28:59 am »
Sounding like Wakefield should be a comfortable pick up for Labour, LDs sounding increasingly confident of sneaking home in Tiverton as well

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6189 on: June 24, 2022, 02:19:37 am »
In the other side of the bar Wayne Bridge finishes his cider…
An excellent niche RAWK reference there sir.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6190 on: June 24, 2022, 02:57:10 am »
Sounding like Wakefield should be a comfortable pick up for Labour, LDs sounding increasingly confident of sneaking home in Tiverton as well

More than sneaking home, they’ve just called it and there’s about an hour left of the count.  Sounds like a large margin if they’re that confident.

Online JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #6191 on: June 24, 2022, 02:58:24 am »
A Lib Dem spokesperson tells the BBC: “This is looking like a clear win. The people of Tiverton and Honiton have spoken up for the country.

"This is an historic victory for the Liberal Democrats and a devastating blow for those Conservative MPs who continue to prop up Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson."

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6192 on: June 24, 2022, 03:11:24 am »
A Lib Dem spokesperson tells the BBC: “This is looking like a clear win. The people of Tiverton and Honiton have spoken up for the country.

"This is an historic victory for the Liberal Democrats and a devastating blow for those Conservative MPs who continue to prop up Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson."
:)  Torys all sat around going through tomorrows gameplan, the people of Tiverton have spoken, they refused to vote Labour. whoosh out the door before someone mentions tactical voting.
Nailed on for Wakefield. no Tory seat is safe.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #6193 on: June 24, 2022, 04:06:02 am »
Wakefield parliamentary by-election result

LAB: 47.9% (+8.1)
CON: 30.0% (-17.3)
IND (Akbar): 7.6% (+7.6)
YRK: 4.3% (+2.4)

Labour GAIN from Conservative.

https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1540167326003339264

Tiverton & Honiton parliamentary by-election result

LDEM: 52.9% (+38.1)
CON: 38.5% (-21.7)
LAB: 3.7% (-15.9)
GRN: 2.5% (-1.3)
REF: 1.1% (+1.1)
UKIP: 0.6% (-1.1)

Liberal Democrat GAIN from Conservative.

https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1540168992106713088

You love to see it. That swing in Tiverton is insane.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #6194 on: June 24, 2022, 04:14:42 am »
Tactical voting largely counting for that insane swing in Tiverton, also turnout in Tiverton 52.3%, which is good for a by-election, turnout at the general election was 72%.
#Sausages

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6195 on: June 24, 2022, 04:54:50 am »
A good night. It would be great if the non-tory voters keep getting out at the polls, and vote tactically if necessary to get the Tories out.

And lets have a grand plan for a better United Kingdom, to preserve and improve the NHS, invest in the future and close all the tory tax-loopholes.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6196 on: June 24, 2022, 05:46:08 am »
Oliver Dowdon resigns

Source BBC1

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6197 on: June 24, 2022, 05:49:02 am »
Oliver Dowdon resigns

Source BBC1

As party chairmen. Surprising that, he was a loyalist for Johnson.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6198 on: June 24, 2022, 06:44:47 am »
Oliver Dowdon resigns

Source BBC1

I can smell a coup.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #6199 on: June 24, 2022, 06:52:46 am »
A good morning to see the Torys get a kicking..
alas it says more about the vote against a useless, corrupt, hypocritical, lying Tory Goverment than inspiration in what is on offer elsewhere...still...I don't like to kick a man when he is down...unless he us a gobshite Tory ..Fuck 'em.