Author Topic: Glastonbury Festival 2022  (Read 18468 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Glastonbury Festival 2022
« Reply #560 on: June 26, 2022, 10:36:55 pm »

:lmao
His description ….. (stolen from Julian Clary)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #561 on: June 26, 2022, 10:38:59 pm »
Ah, Dominos! Became quite good at that - well the knocking bit.
 ::)
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #562 on: June 26, 2022, 10:44:05 pm »
You're all massively missing out on Bicep, Belfast's finest.

Offline mbyx6cg2

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #563 on: June 26, 2022, 10:47:03 pm »
I'll be catching up tomorrow
Once she's had a few glasses of Chardonnay I'll be in quicker than you can say PDF to offer her a jolly good spit shining of her corned beef curtains

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #564 on: June 26, 2022, 10:57:16 pm »

Some quality future Donnnie Darko style masks from the Pet Shop Boys here. Quality set ;D
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #565 on: June 26, 2022, 11:05:25 pm »
The best set of the festival by the Pet Shop Boys.

All killer. No filler.

Blistering stuff from the off.

I love Neil's lack of ego too. Bringing Olly Alexander on to duet was brave, because he knew full well he was going to get blown off stage vocally.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #566 on: June 26, 2022, 11:07:11 pm »
Tremendous show by The Pet Shop Boys this...🤟
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #567 on: June 26, 2022, 11:08:55 pm »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #568 on: June 26, 2022, 11:10:19 pm »
That was very Accidental Partridge.

Perfect wasn't it.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #569 on: June 26, 2022, 11:10:23 pm »
Love you, Kendrick.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: June 26, 2022, 11:16:32 pm »
Wow Pet Shop Boys perfection 👏👏👏👏

Offline wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
  • 'You'll Never Walk Alone.'
    • Teach Maths
« Reply #571 on: June 26, 2022, 11:17:17 pm »
Tremendous show by The Pet Shop Boys this...🤟
Mega!

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #572 on: June 26, 2022, 11:18:49 pm »
PSB set can accurately be described as All Killer, No Filler.

Macca and Tennant with a combined age of 148 win this year's festival.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #573 on: June 26, 2022, 11:19:35 pm »
Mindblowing set from Kendrick, just stunning.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #574 on: June 26, 2022, 11:19:47 pm »
Absolutely brilliant stuff from PSB.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: June 26, 2022, 11:20:10 pm »

Needed more blood.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #576 on: June 26, 2022, 11:21:19 pm »
One of the earliest music memories I can place is hearing West End Girls on the Top 40 on a Sunday in the back of my dad’s car. October 1985 apparently.

Offline dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #577 on: June 26, 2022, 11:25:09 pm »
Pet Shop Boys announcing Liverpool date 9am tomorrow
Hopefully without the hitch

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #578 on: June 26, 2022, 11:29:45 pm »
Smart of Neil Tennant and his dancers to put on those bacofoil wraparound things they give marathon runners to keep warm after they finished running. Won't be warm when the sun goes down there.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #579 on: June 26, 2022, 11:32:47 pm »
Kendrick Lamar and Pet Shop Boys were clearly huge draws tonight, but - judging by the clip shown on BBC just now - that Courtney Barnett set looks a cracker.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #580 on: June 26, 2022, 11:34:02 pm »

95 minutes of pure stomping pop magic quality. Massive crowd to witness that too ;D

20 song setlist was: www.setlist.fm/setlist/pet-shop-boys/2022/worthy-farm-pilton-england-63b59293.html

Nice touch at the end with the dedication for Being Boring (and its much underrated lyrics).

The full set video : www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0018s20/glastonbury-pet-shop-boys & www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0018s20

« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 12:53:39 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #581 on: June 26, 2022, 11:41:16 pm »

Plenty of men with Aston Villa avis on Twitter absolutely fuming about Kendrick, can’t imagine why.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #582 on: June 26, 2022, 11:54:41 pm »
I find them incredibly bland, a pastiche of an electronic act.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #583 on: June 27, 2022, 12:02:42 am »
Plenty of men with Aston Villa avis on Twitter absolutely fuming about Kendrick, can’t imagine why.

Did he give a shout out to Trevor Fancis?

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #584 on: June 27, 2022, 12:03:28 am »
Did he give a shout out to Trevor Fancis?

:D

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: June 27, 2022, 12:04:34 am »
Kendrick was biblically good, just incredible

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #586 on: June 27, 2022, 12:29:55 am »
All subjective I suppose, I like a lot of rap and especially early 90's nwa, Cube, Dre, Coolio, etc, they all had a certain uniqueness to their voice, style and melodies, Lamar just seems like droning uber dramatised marketed bullshit to me, horrendous boring monotonous dog shit of the highest order, but all dressed up to the nines with all the fluff, do you really need all that, shouldn't your music do the talking? I am clearly missing something, but like I said, all subjective I suppose.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #587 on: June 27, 2022, 12:36:56 am »
The crowd brought a little unintended levity to the melodrama at the end of Kendrick's set. Trying to go out on a powerful note, with a literal mic drop, got undercut a bit hearing them drone ooooh kendrick lamaaaaarr yet again!

Crowd seemed thrilled though, pleased they had such a good time. Not a huge fan outside a select few songs, but he definitely showed his skills where a lot of modern rappers just can't keep up when it's live/outside heavy production in the studio
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 12:38:40 am by Classycara »

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #588 on: June 27, 2022, 07:59:21 am »
Kendricks voice was so crisp and precise even through the tv.

That oooohhh Kendrick Lamar chant was annoying though. Why does everything have to turn into some sort of shite footy chant?

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: June 27, 2022, 09:45:08 am »
Really enjoyed Kendrick, but it does help that I am a big fan of him and his albums. It's an interesting headliner because he is so big and so important that having him in any other slot would be a bit of an insult, but because Glastonbury is probably the most-watched festival in terms of television coverage, it's inevitable that a lot of people at home who haven't listened to hip-hop in the last 15 years won't know much (if anything) about him and will not be able to appreciate the significance of it.

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #590 on: June 27, 2022, 09:49:40 am »
All subjective I suppose, I like a lot of rap and especially early 90's nwa, Cube, Dre, Coolio, etc, they all had a certain uniqueness to their voice, style and melodies, Lamar just seems like droning uber dramatised marketed bullshit to me, horrendous boring monotonous dog shit of the highest order, but all dressed up to the nines with all the fluff, do you really need all that, shouldn't your music do the talking? I am clearly missing something, but like I said, all subjective I suppose.

Have you listened to any of his albums, Andy? I would definitely recommend them if you haven't. "To Pimp a Butterfly" in particular, all subjective like you say but that album  is unlike anything else released before it in hip-hop.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #591 on: June 27, 2022, 09:53:12 am »

;D ;D

Yeah, had it on my telly for a bit, by mistake I might add. Had to switch it off as I could feel a headache starting.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #592 on: June 27, 2022, 10:09:53 am »
Pretty surprised with McCartneys set

The back catalogue he has he could’ve filled it with songs everyone knew and could sing along to. Had them stood there quiet for large periods

Even addressed it at one point and said he didn’t care he was going to play them anyway. I think he may have thought that was going to be funnier than it was.
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #593 on: June 27, 2022, 10:17:42 am »
I got about halfway through McCartney's set on iPlayer and was very pleasantly surprised to be proven wrong about whether he should have been on there. He was terrific, and great to see things like Junior's Farm and Let Me Roll it on there without the dire 70's production ruining them. Thought the brass section really enhanced a fair few songs too.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #594 on: June 27, 2022, 10:39:27 am »

Years and Years was my favourite set although I didn't get close to watching everything. Great voice and showmanship. Also enjoyed the Pet Shop Boys because that was my era getting into music for the first time and also Sam Fender despite the Saudi FC crest on stage.

I did watch a fair bit of Kendrick Lamar to educate myself but I'm at the disadvantage of not knowing his music or much rap in general beyond Stormzy and Dave but he did pass the "I can understand what he is saying" test that becomes paramount when you're in your late 40s.

Ultimately, though, Glastonbury won't be complete till they've rearranged the Covid-cancelled Taylor Swift headline set...

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #595 on: June 27, 2022, 10:42:57 am »
I’ll watch the Kendrick Lamarr set at some point but went for PSB last night as I knew I’d know all their songs. I’m crap for keeping up with newer music.

To contradict that I did watch Fontaines DC yesterday, like wheat I’ve heard from the new album although didn’t blow me away live as much as I thought they might.

Need to try abs find the whole Jamie T set - only caught him on the highlights show but the crowd looked awesome for it, properly into it.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #596 on: June 27, 2022, 10:47:25 am »

Need to try abs find the whole Jamie T set - only caught him on the highlights show but the crowd looked awesome for it, properly into it.

Whole thing is on iPlayer!

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #597 on: June 27, 2022, 10:49:52 am »
The BBC iplayer / red button coverage was great this year, but very disappointed by the oddly truncated BBC TV coverage....it used to introduce you to all sorts of stuff you may otherwise miss - accompanied by humorous musings / interviews / acoustic sets all done with a real blissed out Glastonbury vibe...Mark Radcliffe was very much missed in this respect, as he was the heir to John Peel who was the master of the above...Lauren Laverne - who had to step away because of the sad passing of her mum - would've helped ..but it seems odd to pension Mark off when he is still at the top of his game on 6 Music....yes, newer faces will be needed eventually - but to just parachute them in, in a bid to attract a younger demographic feels premature and rather desperate....if you're good enough, you're young enough..as numerous performers demonstrated over the weekend
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #598 on: June 27, 2022, 11:21:10 am »
Flat out best sets: Amyl and the sniffers (crowd was insane), squid (their last song Narrator was a real peak of the festival).

Who pleasantly surprised: Jesus and Mary chain - I was worried that age may have slowed them down (and to be fair some songs were at a slower tempo than the album version) but they sounded great and had a proper best-of set. One of my favourite bands ever and now happy to have seen them.

Disappointing: black midi - I’ve seen them live on an earlier tour and loved them, really felt they tested the crowd’s patience with this set though, loads of people left.

Biggest regret: not walking over to the pyramid to catch the last hour of McCartney and having an early one. The long days on the feet (and the beer!) caught up with me. I did watch some Megan thee stallion, she is a brilliant rapper but my oh my she likes to talk about her backside a lot.

Bed now to recover. Will be in queue for tickets next year again.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #599 on: June 27, 2022, 11:21:14 am »

Ultimately, though, Glastonbury won't be complete till they've rearranged the Covid-cancelled Taylor Swift headline set...
Amen to that
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp