Author Topic: Inter Milan Round of 16 2022  (Read 29460 times)

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Inter Milan Round of 16 2022
« Reply #320 on: February 17, 2022, 03:05:00 pm »
had to miss AC Milan but glad I got to see us play at the San Siro. a real childhood bucket-list item for me. sad they're knocking it down and going with a standard bowl-looking stadium now.
YNWA.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #321 on: February 17, 2022, 03:07:49 pm »
It wasnt 75%, it was definitily 50%. I took pictures from the match against Ac and from last night and you can tell, there were less people last night
fair enough

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: February 17, 2022, 03:08:24 pm »
had to miss AC Milan but glad I got to see us play at the San Siro. a real childhood bucket-list item for me. sad they're knocking it down and going with a standard bowl-looking stadium now.
same but the opposite way, it does need a lot of work though

Offline russmills10

• Main Stander
  • Kopite
« Reply #323 on: February 17, 2022, 05:46:38 pm »
First European away completed, was an amazing experience. Was a real bummer that we lost 2 hours of the day queueing for ticket collection and another hour commuting there and back to centre, especially as we only went for the day. Beautiful stadium from the outside and when at seat but, grim loos and as you all said it’s on its last legs. Felt pretty safe in Duomo area a few hours before the game, all seemed in good spirits 👍

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #324 on: February 17, 2022, 05:56:06 pm »
First European away completed, was an amazing experience. Was a real bummer that we lost 2 hours of the day queueing for ticket collection and another hour commuting there and back to centre, especially as we only went for the day. Beautiful stadium from the outside and when at seat but, grim loos and as you all said it’s on its last legs. Felt pretty safe in Duomo area a few hours before the game, all seemed in good spirits 👍
Glad you enjoyed it mate.....onwards and upwards  :)

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: February 17, 2022, 06:40:27 pm »
Felt bad for the ticket office workers. I got there after the main rush and my queue was only about 20 minutes and i was around the ground by about 5.45pm so no complaints for me. but should be no circumstances that it takes longer to collect a ticket than to fly to the city in the first place.

the club as a courtesy should've laid on some refreshments or something at the bar at the least even if it wasn't their fault.

gutted it wasn't a proper ticket just for my collection
YNWA.

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #326 on: February 17, 2022, 10:07:02 pm »
It was a bucket list job for me too. I saw pictures of the ground aged 9 in 1970 and always wanted to see the Reds play there. Circumstances conspired against me on previous visits.

I had heard from people who went earlier this season to the AC Milan game that it was a complete shithole. It was not anyway near that bad and, in my eyes, ouzedncharacter even down to the steps down the top tier - bizarrely, and probably a bit dangerously, the steps were all of different heights and widths. I loved my visit and the win, which was hard fought, made it a brilliant few days.

Just having a nightcap before we fly home tomorrow afternoon.

I’d love to bring my two grown up lads here too. The eldest is an Evertonian. Perhaps we could come next time they play ….. :o ;D

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #327 on: February 17, 2022, 10:16:50 pm »
Yes you do, 100%, and still will next week even though some rules are changing.

5 things required in total :

Super Green Pass (proof of being double/triple jabbed or a recovery pass...the NHS one is accepted), most recent jab most be within the last 6 months
Proof of a negative 'fit to fly' test, NOT the free NHS ones (if PCR then within 48 hours of departure, if LF then within 24 hours of departure)
Italian locator form
UK locator form
FFP2 mask/s

In case anyone wants the links...

This is the fit to fly test that I ordered :

https://www.nxhealthcare.co.uk/product/fit-to-fly-antigen-test-outbound/

Italian locator form :

https://app.euplf.eu/#/

UK locator form :

https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk

These are the FFP2 masks that I ordered :

https://www.boots.com/boots-protective-ffp2-nr-face-masks-5s-10292473

Thanks for this, hadn't been overseas since Atleti in February 2020 so this came in dead handy.

Offline Max100

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #328 on: February 18, 2022, 01:37:48 am »
Absolutely no reason they couldn’t have email us these tickets and saved us all three hours. Asked why they didn’t and no one knew. Pathetic.

People will print out multiple tickets that’s why.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 01:43:46 am by Max100 »

Offline DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
  • We've conquered Europe and we're never gonna stop
« Reply #329 on: February 18, 2022, 08:55:14 am »
It was a bucket list job for me too. I saw pictures of the ground aged 9 in 1970 and always wanted to see the Reds play there. Circumstances conspired against me on previous visits.

I had heard from people who went earlier this season to the AC Milan game that it was a complete shithole. It was not anyway near that bad and, in my eyes, ouzedncharacter even down to the steps down the top tier - bizarrely, and probably a bit dangerously, the steps were all of different heights and widths. I loved my visit and the win, which was hard fought, made it a brilliant few days.

Just having a nightcap before we fly home tomorrow afternoon.

I’d love to bring my two grown up lads here too. The eldest is an Evertonian. Perhaps we could come next time they play ….. :o ;D

Have to agree, have been waiting to go for years but couldn't make AC tie due to restrictions so was delighted with the L16 draw. Can't believe people call it a shithole. It's an iconic stadium, full of character as you said. OK yes it's old and some parts of it look old and the toilets and stuff are poor but to think that they are knocking it and moving is actually sad. These new modern stadiums aren't a patch on the likes of the San Siro.

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #330 on: February 18, 2022, 09:30:23 am »
People will print out multiple tickets that’s why.

Been to plenty of games and music gigs with print out or show on your phone tickets. Thinking of and treating football fans like scum isn’t an acceptable reason.
Long live the King

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: February 18, 2022, 10:22:06 am »
Have to agree, have been waiting to go for years but couldn't make AC tie due to restrictions so was delighted with the L16 draw. Can't believe people call it a shithole. It's an iconic stadium, full of character as you said. OK yes it's old and some parts of it look old and the toilets and stuff are poor but to think that they are knocking it and moving is actually sad. These new modern stadiums aren't a patch on the likes of the San Siro.
it's iconic and I loved it from the outside, but it's a hole and needs a lot of work, I couldn't believe it hosted a champions league final in 2016

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: February 18, 2022, 10:42:00 am »
it's iconic and I loved it from the outside, but it's a hole and needs a lot of work, I couldn't believe it hosted a champions league final in 2016

would definitely be an expensive job renovating it fully. they seem to be trying to incorporate the old San Siro in the new stadium but from the pictures it seems they're just taking parts of the underside of the roof? So not even the outer spiral type effect and other brutalist details which makes it so iconic.

ultimately i think if anything it just comes down to money. they don't want to keep paying the government money to use the stadium whilst also sharing between clubs.
YNWA.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: February 18, 2022, 10:55:06 am »
Not good hearing about the pick up shambles, hope it didn't wreck it for yers.

Don't like pick ups at all. To me it seems all about control. Wanting fans to all be in the same place.

Hopefully SOS will get onto it.

And anybody who stayed a bit longer - hope you got back alright with these weather warnings.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #334 on: February 18, 2022, 11:27:17 am »
Thanks for this, hadn't been overseas since Atleti in February 2020 so this came in dead handy.
No problem.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #335 on: February 18, 2022, 06:11:52 pm »

Don't like pick ups at all. To me it seems all about control. Wanting fans to all be in the same place.

And anybody who stayed a bit longer - hope you got back alright with these weather warnings.

Delayed two hours on runway at Malpensa but now landed in Manchester to find no trains to Liverpool at all!

Offline Joff123

• Anny Roader
  • They say our days our numbered
    • Twitter
« Reply #336 on: February 21, 2022, 11:19:09 pm »

Not one to support the club on this or pick ups in general, but I am really am in favour of better ways of managing touts or people that just sell their tickets with no intention of going.

Know so many people who go all over on other peoples spares then are left scrambling for a final brief because those people have taken their tickets back.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: February 21, 2022, 11:44:44 pm »
Not one to support the club on this or pick ups in general, but I am really am in favour of better ways of managing touts or people that just sell their tickets with no intention of going.

Know so many people who go all over on other peoples spares then are left scrambling for a final brief because those people have taken their tickets back.
for a start the club need to scrap the fact you can nomainate someone else to go on your credit and keep it, also the collections can be better managed, you should be able to pick up the day before for example, it doesn't help when people go and try to blag too, wastes time

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: February 22, 2022, 10:25:11 am »
for a start the club need to scrap the fact you can nomainate someone else to go on your credit and keep it, also the collections can be better managed, you should be able to pick up the day before for example, it doesn't help when people go and try to blag too, wastes time

yep. this collection was down to delays and poor administration (admittedly probably on the Inter side).
YNWA.