Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3113182 times)

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #36000 on: August 17, 2022, 10:58:31 pm »
So if he extends, you're sticking to your guns and saying he's here by default?
If - and its a massive flashing neon IF at this point - he’s offered and signs an extension, it’ll be primarily to secure his value when eventually a suitor comes, and we’ve found an upgrade.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36001 on: August 17, 2022, 11:05:55 pm »
If - and its a massive flashing neon IF at this point - he’s offered and signs an extension, it’ll be primarily to secure his value when eventually a suitor comes, and we’ve found an upgrade.

Okey dokey, that should cover the bases.

But those of us who thought Keita's performances when playing last season were good were retconning? Wondering now if theres a word for a proactive version of retconning, before the event

Offline red vinyl

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #36002 on: August 17, 2022, 11:10:21 pm »
He did,I expected him to be the first player picked up after they went down,seemed strange when it didn't happen.

Watched him a few times at KRC Genk, a composed player. Maybe thinking as a 6?

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
« Reply #36003 on: August 17, 2022, 11:10:25 pm »
Okey dokey, that should cover the bases.

But those of us who thought Keita's performances when playing last season were good were retconning? Wondering now if theres a word for a proactive version of retconning, before the event
Don’t be a prick. I didn’t see much chat if any about Keita last season. Mostly because the focus was on the likes of Thiago, Fabinho and Henderson et al. You know, midfielders who are almost always influential on the pitch and are sorely missed when they are not.

If you want to continue to espouse Naby’s merits, do so in his dedicated thread. I won’t be there.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline red vinyl

• Kopite
« Reply #36004 on: August 17, 2022, 11:12:11 pm »
Sorry, miss quote

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36005 on: August 17, 2022, 11:13:42 pm »
Don’t be a prick. I didn’t see much chat if any about Keita last season. Mostly because the focus was on the likes of Thiago, Fabinho and Henderson et al. You know, midfielders who are almost always influential on the pitch and are sorely missed when they are not.

Who was talking about or focusing on Henderson with positivity last season? Love the lad and maybe i've just got a short memory but he was far from his best last season and I cant recall anyone sorely missing him in games he wasn't on the pitch

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36006 on: August 17, 2022, 11:16:53 pm »
I didn’t see much chat if any about Keita last season.
Probably best not to ascribe people's views, that you didn't see then or now, as being down to retconning then? And suggesting that any performance related stats don't stand up to your eye test

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36007 on: August 18, 2022, 12:04:19 am »
The Reds expect to sign Borussia Dortmund's Jude Bellingham next summer - Simon Jones from the Mail

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36008 on: August 18, 2022, 12:10:05 am »
The Reds expect to sign Borussia Dortmund's Jude Bellingham next summer - Simon Jones from the Mail

Just saw that. Don't care if it's true or not, it still got me aroused.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #36009 on: August 18, 2022, 12:10:55 am »

Would love to know what this is based on ...claiming we'd hand out a multi million pound contract to a player we don't really want here would be a pretty big departure from how we've been operating so some evidence would be nice .. because without it I'd suggest there's quite a lot of evidence manager and executive tend to only sign players they're certain they want (almost to a fault!)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 12:13:43 am by JackWard33 »

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36010 on: August 18, 2022, 12:14:54 am »
Get in!

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36011 on: August 18, 2022, 12:18:08 am »
Wondering now if theres a word for a proactive version of retconning
actually I was wondering wtf retconning means.  :)

edit:  ah, ok, I was gonna guess this:
Retroactive continuity, or retcon for short, is a literary device in which established diegetic facts in the plot of a fictional work are adjusted, ignored, supplemented, or contradicted by a subsequently published work which recontextualizes or breaks continuity with the former.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 12:21:11 am by SamLad »

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36012 on: August 18, 2022, 12:28:20 am »
So anyway targets for this window as opposed to promises for next ... feels like Laimer would fit the bill

https://fbref.com/en/players/c1b7847c/Konrad-Laimer

Had a bad injury last year but was a break so not a long term concern and he came back the same player
Pressing monster whose really versatile and good on the ball, peak age - not on silly wages
Last year of his contract I think and we have good relations with RB .. apparently Bayern wanted him but wouldn't pay the 30 million (or something) RB wanted - exactly the sort of opportunity we like
Feels ideal, and he's versatile enough that it wouldn't affect whoever you wanted to go and get next year

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36013 on: August 18, 2022, 12:38:48 am »
So anyway targets for this window as opposed to promises for next ... feels like Laimer would fit the bill

Had a bad injury last year but was a break so not a long term concern and he came back the same player
Pressing monster whose really versatile and good on the ball, peak age - not on silly wages
Last year of his contract I think and we have good relations with RB .. apparently Bayern wanted him but wouldn't pay the 30 million (or something) RB wanted - exactly the sort of opportunity we like
Feels ideal, and he's versatile enough that it wouldn't affect whoever you wanted to go and get next year

he was discussed earlier - but unfortunately not even a tenuous link to him

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36014 on: August 18, 2022, 12:54:08 am »

Isn't that a former cricket player for England? What does he know about Bellingham?

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36015 on: August 18, 2022, 01:02:45 am »
Isn't that a former cricket player for England? What does he know about Bellingham?

He played county cricket with Bellingham's Dad when they were both at Warwick Bears. Wellin Bellingham was a fine spin bowler back in the day. Would bowl a lovely googly.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #36016 on: August 18, 2022, 01:04:42 am »

Just not sure you can count on anything but defensive numbers translating out of the BuLi at this point.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36017 on: August 18, 2022, 01:13:21 am »

Why not a straight swap for Naiby if he's not willing to continue discussing an extension.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #36018 on: August 18, 2022, 01:39:23 am »
Yeah what links there are couldn't be Laimer
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36019 on: August 18, 2022, 02:20:44 am »
Just not sure you can count on anything but defensive numbers translating out of the BuLi at this point.

I mean they will translate the question is how - a shit ton of talent has come out of Germany in recent years regardless of if the league's weak ... oh and his defensive numbers are great

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36020 on: August 18, 2022, 02:21:00 am »

this I just made one .. in here.. live ... fyp

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #36021 on: August 18, 2022, 03:30:23 am »
I mean they will translate the question is how - a shit ton of talent has come out of Germany in recent years regardless of if the league's weak ... oh and his defensive numbers are great

What transfer out in midfield or attack has been a success recently? Portugal seemingly translates better which is why nobody is throwing crazy money at Nkunku.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #36022 on: August 18, 2022, 05:55:43 am »

Always rated Simon Jones (just switch to another publication, lad).

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36023 on: August 18, 2022, 06:06:41 am »

Yeah, its that easy.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #36024 on: August 18, 2022, 06:22:12 am »
Is this Retconning guy everybody talks about any good?

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36025 on: August 18, 2022, 06:49:22 am »
I'll be very surprised if we allowed Keita to leave so late in the window. I already felt like we needed one CM this window (which seems to be proving difficult), and if we sell Keita, I honestly feel we would need to bring in two this window and that is very unlikely to happen.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #36026 on: August 18, 2022, 08:34:53 am »
Personally wouldn’t have lost any sleep if keita  was sold in the summer for a decent fee and replaced but letting him go now seems to risky .

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36027 on: August 18, 2022, 08:39:37 am »
Personally wouldn’t have lost any sleep if keita  was sold in the summer for a decent fee and replaced but letting him go now seems to risky .
Not as risky as giving him a new 4/5 year deal (probably on better terms) when we don't know how his body's going to hold up.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #36028 on: August 18, 2022, 08:51:31 am »
Not as risky as giving him a new 4/5 year deal (probably on better terms) when we don't know how his body's going to hold up.

, looked excellent in Germany but has never reproduced that form with us . To be fair has had a few games we’re you thought we have a top player.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #36029 on: August 18, 2022, 09:04:29 am »
, looked excellent in Germany but has never reproduced that form with us . To be fair has had a few games we’re you thought we have a top player.

Must be a nightmare for anyone with that injury record of course, you must be terrified of getting a knock again or something twanging, got to effect confidence and make you play different from maybe what you normally would

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #36030 on: August 18, 2022, 09:04:36 am »

you learn a new word all the time on Rawk. Never seen that word before and had to look it up. It's my new "double pivot". In fact double pivot is sooooo 2021 for me.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #36031 on: August 18, 2022, 09:06:40 am »

This gets weirder by the day.

He will have his pick of Clubs and could demand mad wages.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #36032 on: August 18, 2022, 09:16:03 am »

If he’ll have his pick of clubs it’s not weird at all
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36033 on: August 18, 2022, 09:18:22 am »

What's weird about the idea that he might pick us? And if he does, presumably we'll be able to meet his wage demands.

It would be weird if we were not interested in one of the best young players in the world who plays in a position that we need to strengthen in. I don't know whether it's because some just don't want to get their hopes up and be disappointed if he does go elsewhere, but the possibility that we might sign Jude Bellingham really isn't that outlandish.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36034 on: August 18, 2022, 09:20:25 am »
If we get Bellingham then it will be a very expensive summer because we need another midfielder as well.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36035 on: August 18, 2022, 09:31:25 am »
What transfer out in midfield or attack has been a success recently? Portugal seemingly translates better which is why nobody is throwing crazy money at Nkunku.

Two things are true at once - the German league is weaker than before, there’s talent in the German league

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36036 on: August 18, 2022, 09:31:27 am »

Used to be, but not anymore

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36037 on: August 18, 2022, 09:33:52 am »

Strange comment.

All top players have the pick of the clubs and then decide on one.

Jude might have just decided he wants to join us. You now like VVD did, like Nunz did to name a few for example.

Offline amir87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36038 on: August 18, 2022, 09:39:18 am »
If we get Bellingham then it will be a very expensive summer because we need another midfielder as well.

We could look at signing someone on a free if their contract is up. Players like Naby Keita for example.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36039 on: August 18, 2022, 09:41:13 am »
Used to be, but not anymore

I keep changing my mind about him.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.