Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3113264 times)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #35960 on: August 17, 2022, 08:47:27 pm »
We were linked with him a while back but I didn't think he's anywhere near the level of player we should be interested in.

seriously. that would not be a great signing at all.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35961 on: August 17, 2022, 08:49:01 pm »
seriously. that would not be a great signing at all.

For the discussion/arguments it would bring in this thread over the 'we only bring in the right player, and always wait/no stopgaps etc', it would be morbidly hilarious

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35962 on: August 17, 2022, 08:51:59 pm »
It's been too long since we had a Sander. All for it.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35963 on: August 17, 2022, 08:53:30 pm »
For the discussion/arguments it would bring in this thread over the 'we only bring in the right player, and always wait/no stopgaps etc', it would be morbidly hilarious

Who said he wouldn't be right Klopp/Pep?

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #35964 on: August 17, 2022, 08:53:48 pm »
We were possibly in need of two new midfielders counting Naby, but with the Naby story coming out, we may be looking at three new ones. A big midfield overhaul is on the cards then.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #35965 on: August 17, 2022, 08:56:34 pm »

We were linked strongly with him like 5 years ago, he’d be the ultimate ‘waiting for the right player’ ;)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #35966 on: August 17, 2022, 08:56:56 pm »
Haha Sander Berge would definitely mean we're skint.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35967 on: August 17, 2022, 08:57:14 pm »
Who said he wouldn't be right Klopp/Pep?

Not I.

Was talking about those who've been committed to saying we aren't signing a midfielder, unless they're transformatively top class, and that none of those are available this summer. Then those saying they just want any warm body they've seen two minutes of on youtube will pipe up, and there'll be great drama

We were linked strongly with him like 5 years ago, he’d be the ultimate ‘waiting for the right player’ ;)
Love it. We were going to wait, but Thiago became available and so we briefly sidetrackd the longer term plan. Enter Sande man
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 08:59:08 pm by Classycara »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35968 on: August 17, 2022, 08:58:59 pm »
We were possibly in need of two new midfielders counting Naby, but with the Naby story coming out, we may be looking at three new ones. A big midfield overhaul is on the cards then.

I been on the 3 midfielders all summer.

37 yr old Milner
32 yr old Henderson - fading
31 yr old Thiago - 50% of games
28 yr old Fabinho - always available - asked to do too much often
27 yr old Naby (in Feb) - 65% of games and not always trusted

Jones
Elliott
Morton (not happening)

Offline vladis voice

• Main Stander
« Reply #35969 on: August 17, 2022, 09:11:44 pm »
Not necessarily our area of greatest need (although give it a few more days and I'm sure we will have some more injuries so never say never) and pretty sure that Chelsea would resist it but Hudson-Odoi is going to end up a great pick up for someone if they have the right coaching in place to get him to perform to his talent level...potentially a sturridgesque signing whilst Chelsea pay £50m for a player with half his talent/potential.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #35970 on: August 17, 2022, 09:13:30 pm »
I been on the 3 midfielders all summer.

37 yr old Milner
32 yr old Henderson - fading
31 yr old Thiago - 50% of games
28 yr old Fabinho - always available - asked to do too much often
27 yr old Naby (in Feb) - 65% of games and not always trusted

Jones
Elliott
Morton (not happening)

Definitely with you. Three new midfielders are needed going forward, especially if Jones and Elliot are to be part of the new midfield. I think the four of Hendo, Thiago, Fabinho and Naby, albeit one-paced, can be a title-winning foursome as when they are fit and on it, they complement each other well on the pitch - provided they stay fit. But they don't as a group.

Elliot and Jones are a bit of an odd fit for the above group I feel. If they are played as 8s alongside Fabinho or Hendo, that midfield would get overrun. To have Elliot and Jones function as 8s, you would need a Bissouma-type behind them, a mobile destroyer.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35971 on: August 17, 2022, 09:14:01 pm »
We were linked with him a while back but I didn't think he's anywhere near the level of player we should be interested in.
Who exactly are you all talking about?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35972 on: August 17, 2022, 09:14:46 pm »
Sander Berge of Sheffield United.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #35973 on: August 17, 2022, 09:16:21 pm »
Not necessarily our area of greatest need (although give it a few more days and I'm sure we will have some more injuries so never say never) and pretty sure that Chelsea would resist it but Hudson-Odoi is going to end up a great pick up for someone if they have the right coaching in place to get him to perform to his talent level...potentially a sturridgesque signing whilst Chelsea pay £50m for a player with half his talent/potential.

Think he has potential as well, but isn't he fairly injury prone?

Online dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #35974 on: August 17, 2022, 09:16:31 pm »
Keita plus cash for Bellingham perhaps. Could Dortmund be tempted?

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #35975 on: August 17, 2022, 09:22:01 pm »
Sander Berge of Sheffield United.

Really hope there’s nothing in this. He’s a decent player but he doesn’t bring anything that our other midfielders don’t. We need athleticism in there and I would say that’s one thing he severely lacks and he’s very one paced as well.

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35976 on: August 17, 2022, 09:26:54 pm »

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #35977 on: August 17, 2022, 09:28:07 pm »
Yeah, don't see the links to Berge as remotely true. With our concrete interest in Tchoumani over the summer and sustained interest in Bellingham, we are clearly looking for powerful, athletic midfielders.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #35978 on: August 17, 2022, 09:32:19 pm »
Keita plus cash for Bellingham perhaps. Could Dortmund be tempted?

the injury problems they have at Dortmund, Keita would never play another game of footy again if he went there.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35979 on: August 17, 2022, 09:38:06 pm »

Offline vladis voice

• Main Stander
« Reply #35980 on: August 17, 2022, 09:39:02 pm »
Think he has potential as well, but isn't he fairly injury prone?

Looking at it it does seem he might be more sturridesque than I perhaps want him to be in that regard, only missed 16 games in last two seasons but I guess that needs to be balanced against the relatively limited time he has spent in "full on" competitive action on the pitch...I'm probably wrong but I'd have thought that more match minutes increases risk of injuries and whilst I don't really pay loads of attention to Chelsea he doesn't seem to have been a regular for them in this period

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #35981 on: August 17, 2022, 09:42:01 pm »
Youri Tielemans be great signing
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35982 on: August 17, 2022, 09:42:06 pm »
13 days out with "bruise" Jesus wept.

That's nothing,Pulisic has a 2 page injury history there already at 23.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35983 on: August 17, 2022, 09:45:39 pm »
Can’t believe we’re signing Berge instead of Bellingham, clinical was right about FSG
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35985 on: August 17, 2022, 09:51:57 pm »
Neil Jones@neiljonesgoal·4m
Little chance of Naby Keita leaving Liverpool in this window.
Club held face-to-face talks with the midfielder's agent earlier this month, and relationship is good. Plan is still for an extension to be agreed.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #35986 on: August 17, 2022, 09:54:15 pm »
Sander Berge......... Sick joke by someone is my guess

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35987 on: August 17, 2022, 10:00:38 pm »
“We’re short in midfield, sign anyone”

Linked with Championship player (calling bullshit)

“We don’t want him he’s not at our level”

Football fans eh, never happy.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35988 on: August 17, 2022, 10:08:09 pm »
If his name was Sander Berger, I'd have no problem with that transfer, that missing "r" makes me a bit cautious.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #35989 on: August 17, 2022, 10:11:39 pm »
Wouldn't mind Berge, at all. He looked mint a few seasons ago in the Prem. Haven't heard much from him since then, think he's had some injury problems, but he looked like a player.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 10:13:10 pm by Lastrador »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35990 on: August 17, 2022, 10:13:18 pm »
Wouldn't mind Berge, at all. He looked mint a few seasons in the Prem. Haven't heard much from him since then, think he's had some injury problems, but he looked like a player.

He did,I expected him to be the first player picked up after they went down,seemed strange when it didn't happen.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35991 on: August 17, 2022, 10:20:54 pm »
Berge was left out entirely by Sheff United tonight, in a big game. Hmmm….

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35992 on: August 17, 2022, 10:23:02 pm »
Berge was left out entirely by Sheff United tonight, in a big game. Hmmm….

Man Utd bound.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #35993 on: August 17, 2022, 10:23:34 pm »
He did,I expected him to be the first player picked up after they went down,seemed strange when it didn't happen.
Yeah, thought so too. Think a combination of injuries and seeing Sheffield (and the championship) as a good place to develop, might have played a hand in him remaining there. He looked really good against us too. Strong and powerful, but very skilful and technical, and surprisingly agile for his size. Again, I don't have a clue how he has developed in the last couple of years, but the tools were there back then, and I imagine he's still relatively young.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35994 on: August 17, 2022, 10:23:56 pm »
Neil Jones@neiljonesgoal·4m
Little chance of Naby Keita leaving Liverpool in this window.
Club held face-to-face talks with the midfielder's agent earlier this month, and relationship is good. Plan is still for an extension to be agreed.

Does he say if that's the club trying to get him to sign a contract by default, or is it by merit? Important to clarify

Online HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35995 on: August 17, 2022, 10:27:47 pm »
Melissa Reddy mentioned on the transfer show, today,  that one of our long term targets that we're keeping a watching brief on is Enzo Fernandez.

He joined Benfica this summer.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #35996 on: August 17, 2022, 10:28:21 pm »
I’ve tried asking Sega and Amadou (Guinenan journalists on twitter) if it’s true… but I’ve not had a response….

They do respond sometimes….
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
« Reply #35997 on: August 17, 2022, 10:35:14 pm »
Does he say if that's the club trying to get him to sign a contract by default, or is it by merit? Important to clarify
Does someone really have to explain the economics of letting a £52m signing leave for free next summer to you?
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35998 on: August 17, 2022, 10:41:09 pm »
Does someone really have to explain the economics of letting a £52m signing leave for free next summer to you?

So if he extends, you're sticking to your guns and saying he's here by default?

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35999 on: August 17, 2022, 10:50:12 pm »
Melissa Reddy mentioned on the transfer show, today,  that one of our long term targets that we're keeping a watching brief on is Enzo Fernandez.

He joined Benfica this summer.
Welcome to Liverpool!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/nXMDrk28INU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/nXMDrk28INU</a>