Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3120234 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - END GAME
« Reply #32800 on: June 27, 2022, 04:28:41 pm »
More like Sancho. Bellingham is not at the same level as Mbappe, in any way ...

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32801 on: June 27, 2022, 04:31:02 pm »
If we view Sucic as an elite talent in the making it's a good thing we're playing Salzburg this pre season again aren't we? Do the deal before the game and let him play half and half.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32802 on: June 27, 2022, 04:44:44 pm »
There needs to be an investigation into what is wrong with Samie. I think he might be a bot or maybe that sentient ai that mad fella from google was on about.

Call the bizzies.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32803 on: June 27, 2022, 05:09:11 pm »
But, his huge wage demands? His admiration for Guardiola and De Bruyne? Him beeing a childhood Man City fan?

So he calls Henderson a legend and thats proof he is signing for us is he?

Just like Mbappe chose LFC on Fifa.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #32804 on: June 27, 2022, 05:31:02 pm »

Mbappe may be coming to LAFC, he was in attendance of their game yesterday.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32805 on: June 27, 2022, 05:39:28 pm »
Call the bizzies.

Is that you Joe Anderson? ;D

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32806 on: June 27, 2022, 06:37:18 pm »

That’s all the evidence he needs

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32807 on: June 27, 2022, 06:38:36 pm »
He's slowed down later into his career. A few years ago he'd have been first to all bits of info like that. Might be time to let him wind down his contract and bring a younger replacement in.

He needs to get on the weights

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32808 on: June 27, 2022, 06:45:01 pm »
Names! I like names.

They could easily get Sucic out of Salzburg this summer but I'd guess we think he'd benefit from more time spent there first.

Chukwuemeka probably wants to do what Bellingham's done, so might not be an easy one to tempt.

I really like Luka Sučić. Great talent. Some flashes of the young Zvone Boban there. You never know with the players from the Balkans, but he might even have a higher ceiling than Bellingham, let alone Chukwuemeka ...

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32809 on: June 27, 2022, 06:57:36 pm »
If he's half as good as Boban was he'll be in our midfield for the next decade.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32810 on: June 27, 2022, 07:13:53 pm »
If he's half as good as Boban was he'll be in our midfield for the next decade.

Well, he's been born and raised in Austria, so hopefully he has adopted their mentality, instead of the Balkans one. Rakitic was one such Croatian player, being born and raised in Switzerland ...

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #32811 on: June 27, 2022, 07:24:34 pm »
Well, he's been born and raised in Austria, so hopefully he has adopted their mentality, instead of the Balkans one. Rakitic was one such Croatian player, being born and raised in Switzerland ...

very curious about this part

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32812 on: June 27, 2022, 07:35:58 pm »
very curious about this part

Nothing curious about it. Players from the Balkans love life, and some of the most talented ones have damaged their careers, once they've earned their first millions. Boban and Prosinečki are two notable examples. Both of the same age, both immensely talented, yet only one of them has reached his full potential with AC Milan, and the other one was just a very talented journeyman, who has never settled anywhere ...

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #32813 on: June 27, 2022, 07:40:55 pm »
Sucic looks a bit like a more attack-minded Matic. Tall, rangey and elegant midfielder who can belt them in from 30 yards.  Certainly more of a dribbler than Matic, would be interesting to see his defensive stats.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #32814 on: June 27, 2022, 08:48:44 pm »

You guys are so serious. Live a little.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32815 on: June 27, 2022, 09:35:52 pm »
Gnabry rumours starting up, albeit from shit sources. What a signing that would be - and IMO there's logic in it if we think Mo is going. Could do a Thiago/Gini thing where we just accept that we've got an overload of numbers in a certain area of the pitch and roll with it.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32816 on: June 27, 2022, 09:51:21 pm »
Names! I like names.
Conor Gallagher. Would that be feasible?

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32817 on: June 27, 2022, 09:52:22 pm »
Gnabry rumours starting up, albeit from shit sources. What a signing that would be - and IMO there's logic in it if we think Mo is going. Could do a Thiago/Gini thing where we just accept that we've got an overload of numbers in a certain area of the pitch and roll with it.

Liverpool have held talks with the entourage of Serge Gnabry, and see him as the perfect replacement for the departed Sadio Mané & Divock Origi.

The Reds trust that negotiations will be smooth after the sale of Mané to Bayern Munich. [SPORT]

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #32818 on: June 27, 2022, 09:56:06 pm »

I'd genuinely turn his head to persuade him to leave on a free next summer just to piss Bayern off.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32819 on: June 27, 2022, 09:57:26 pm »

I actually think it would be, get the impression Boehly is quite pragmatic. But the thing is, as soon as we come to the table the conversation becomes 'if Liverpool want him, why don't we?'

I think he ends up somewhere mid-table.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32820 on: June 27, 2022, 10:09:35 pm »
Mane and Gnabry are repped by the same agency too. This deal could;e been always in the pipeline when we were dealing with Bayern for Sadio.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #32821 on: June 27, 2022, 10:39:09 pm »
A Serge of hope for the transfer-starved?

I've only seen him play a few times. He had that one outstanding performance which really turned heads and had everyone talking, and pointing and laughing at Arsenal, but I've not seen him much after that
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32822 on: June 27, 2022, 11:10:11 pm »
Don't think he's good enough on the ball for us. One of those players where scoring goals has increased his reputation beyond his ability

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #32823 on: June 27, 2022, 11:50:48 pm »
Love Gnabry - but its not our sort of deal I dont think .... on ability alone he'd be near the top of the list as a Salah replacement of course, but he's leaving Bayern 'for a new challenge' a.k.a. a tremendous amount of wages

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #32824 on: June 27, 2022, 11:53:48 pm »
Love Gnabry - but its not our sort of deal I dont think .... on ability alone he'd be near the top of the list as a Salah replacement of course, but he's leaving Bayern 'for a new challenge' a.k.a. a tremendous amount of wages

I mean if we look at it as a 5yr deal and giving him what would be a £45m fee over that period as a signing on fee, then that's about £175k we can add onto any wage we'd actually offer.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32825 on: June 27, 2022, 11:54:17 pm »

He is brilliant and he would certainly be my first choice. But yeah its likely he wants a huge contract and that basically rules us out.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32826 on: June 27, 2022, 11:55:07 pm »
He's half way to Andy Muller's mate school as we speak.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32827 on: June 27, 2022, 11:57:38 pm »
I mean if we look at it as a 5yr deal and giving him what would be a £45m fee over that period as a signing on fee, then that's about £175k we can add onto any wage we'd actually offer.

Wouldnt an agent cop that your basically giving them a fair bigger deal than your player?

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32828 on: June 28, 2022, 12:00:58 am »

I assume you're right here but maybe it's more of a Thiago style 'new challenge' where he genuinely does just want to try somewhere else. I mean, he'd still be on huge wages obviously but it looks like he's on something like £115-130k a week at Bayern so we could give him a pretty big raise up to £200k and put him among the high earners here.

Homegrown too, which is a nice little perk.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32829 on: June 28, 2022, 12:02:54 am »
I assume you're right here but maybe it's more of a Thiago style 'new challenge' where he genuinely does just want to try somewhere else. I mean, he'd still be on huge wages obviously but it looks like he's on something like £115-130k a week at Bayern so we could give him a pretty big raise up to £200k and put him among the high earners here.

Homegrown too, which is a nice little perk.

Werent Madrid linked to Gnabry? They are paying Rudiger a shed load.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32830 on: June 28, 2022, 12:03:32 am »
Wouldnt an agent cop that your basically giving them a fair bigger deal than your player?

I was thinking about that yesterday, when there was a suggestion that we pay Salah a massive one off 'sign on' payment (say £15m) to balance the fact we don't want him to be earning twice the weekly wage of other top players. My feeling is the other players/agents wouldn't like a current player in the squad getting that kind of treatment, but see it as part and parcel of how football works when an incoming free transfer gets it. Could be wrong though.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #32831 on: June 28, 2022, 12:05:02 am »

But that's what you get when you move for free. We did the same with Milner (think it was £10m signing on fee).

It's different to giving a player you already have a loyalty bonus or whatever as then you would get them all asking for it.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32832 on: June 28, 2022, 12:05:44 am »
I was thinking about that yesterday, when there was a suggestion that we pay Salah a massive one off 'sign on' payment (say £15m) to balance the fact we don't want him to be earning twice the weekly wage of other top players. My feeling is the other players/agents wouldn't like a current player in the squad getting that kind of treatment, but see it as part and parcel of how football works when an incoming free transfer gets it. Could be wrong though.

It would set a fee for when they signed a contract next time?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #32833 on: June 28, 2022, 12:07:20 am »

You can't do it for a renewal as that would just see every player asking for it. However it's already common practice for a player arriving on a free - it's why they hold out and go on a free!!

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32834 on: June 28, 2022, 12:09:20 am »
Gnabry is a good player, but I would be disappointed if he is our replacement for Salah next summer. Turning 28 next summer, and will be on massive wages. We can do much better ...

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32835 on: June 28, 2022, 12:10:33 am »
You can't do it for a renewal as that would just see every player asking for it. However it's already common practice for a player arriving on a free - it's why they hold out and go on a free!!

Yeah exactly, totally agree. It's why I think we could get Gnabry on a free next summer, even if it meant giving him a £200k weekly wage plus a multimillion signing bonus. Other thing if we got him next summer, he'd just be turning 28 when he joins so you wouldn't have to worry about a payrise during his time here - just one contract then say your goodbyes three or four years later.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32836 on: June 28, 2022, 12:10:45 am »
Gnabry is a good player, but I would be disappointed if he is our replacement for Salah next summer. Turning 28 next summer, and will be on massive wages. We can do much better ...

Salah will leave and take an insane level of goals with him. Gnabry has shown he can score loads. Very few out there that are getting anywhere close.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32837 on: June 28, 2022, 12:12:49 am »

Funny thing is, having spent the last few seasons talking about the need to reduce the age of the attacking line, come next summer we might actually desire someone in their late 20s since we've lost Sadio and could see both Mo and Bobby go in 12 months. In that scenario, Gnabry comes in as the senior player in our attacking set up, followed by Jota then Diaz then Darwin then Carvalho.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32838 on: June 28, 2022, 12:13:34 am »
A Serge of hope for the transfer-starved?

I've only seen him play a few times. He had that one outstanding performance which really turned heads and had everyone talking, and pointing and laughing at Arsenal, but I've not seen him much after that
I don't think he'd drop down a division, but he'd be a massive Gain for Borough

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32839 on: June 28, 2022, 12:14:14 am »
Salah will leave and take an insane level of goals with him. Gnabry has shown he can score loads. Very few out there that are getting anywhere close.

Well, considering that Gnabry has already rejected €380,000 per week from Bayern, we better pay Salah what he wants, since Gnabry is nowhere near his level ...