Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3113105 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - END GAME
« Reply #32520 on: June 24, 2022, 12:17:47 pm »
Usual stuff going on, I see. Capon’s binned it off so there’s nobody to call for review if people get posts deleted and/or warnings. So, you know, Peter - ask yourself if you need to be antagonising people, and everyone else, ask yourself if you could use the ignore button.

Really?  :o

That's a shame. He's a great laugh and good to have around. Hopefully he comes back once the football starts up again.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #32521 on: June 24, 2022, 12:28:27 pm »
Where's the Awoniyi money, John?
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #32522 on: June 24, 2022, 12:35:19 pm »
He'll never be happier in his life than he will be on twitter. It will be the best day(s) of his life.

:D

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #32523 on: June 24, 2022, 12:38:33 pm »
Good move for Forest. You'd think he'd do decent there and it addresses a clear need in their squad.

A few more million in the pot for us too.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #32524 on: June 24, 2022, 12:53:51 pm »
Fucking hell, it must have got bad if he prefers twatter  :o  He'll be back once the loons on there wreck his head.

We need him back for his #sausages stuff, I miss the lunacy and the belly busting laughs

Never mind all the funky music of which I've never heard...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32525 on: June 24, 2022, 02:34:03 pm »
some real challenges for Ward, KLopp, FSG & co this summer
Mane gone - with half decent money for someone with a year left
a few more with a year left
Salah, Ox, Keita and Bobby Firmino

stick or twist?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32526 on: June 24, 2022, 02:38:25 pm »
Keita will likely get a new deal, the others will probably be allowed to leave.

We clearly won't be offering Ox a new deal, Bobby is a maybe and Mo has his offer and it seems won't be taking it, at this stage.

I think we'll be sticking for now, but would personally prefer to bring in one more midfielder so as to allow for less churn next summer.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32527 on: June 24, 2022, 02:47:02 pm »

stick or twist?
Other than Salah, who is probably the least likely to sign at this point, I wouldn't be offering anything more than their current pay to any of them. Think at the point they're all more likely to try and get better deals elsewhere whilst we continue a bit of a rebuild. I'm not sure anyone is going to make an offer for the latter 3 either where we'd be tempted to sell

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32528 on: June 24, 2022, 02:50:34 pm »
Other than Salah, who is probably the least likely to sign at this point, I wouldn't be offering anything more than their current pay to any of them. Think at the point they're all more likely to try and get better deals elsewhere whilst we continue a bit of a rebuild. I'm not sure anyone is going to make an offer for the latter 3 either where we'd be tempted to sell

I'm assuming Keita won't be on huge wages as he hasn't signed an extension yet, if the club is confident we can keep him fit I'd absolutely be looking to extend his contract even if it means paying more.

Bobby is an awkward one, he was quite injury prone last season but when he was fit his scoring rate was still good, and since he doesn't rely on pace he should age well. Again I don't know what his current wages are but if they're not huge I'd be tempted to sign him up too, if only to preserve his value.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32529 on: June 24, 2022, 02:54:42 pm »
I'd take Pablo Fornals here and think he'd do the right-sided central midfielder role quite effectively. Definitive Moyes favourite though at West Ham so the cost probably wouldn't represent value, especially if they're talking £60m for Bowen.

We're not linked to him I just think he's good.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #32530 on: June 24, 2022, 03:08:17 pm »
I'd take Pablo Fornals here and think he'd do the right-sided central midfielder role quite effectively. Definitive Moyes favourite though at West Ham so the cost probably wouldn't represent value, especially if they're talking £60m for Bowen.

We're not linked to him I just think he's good.

I like your opinions generally, but I think that’s a poor call. Fornals isn’t of the required standard imho.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32531 on: June 24, 2022, 03:10:34 pm »

According to twitter the money is going to be spent on Linda. And taken out the club via admin expenses.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #32532 on: June 24, 2022, 03:29:31 pm »
Bobby should definitely get a new deal. Hes a good player, great at times, and not very expensive. Were not gonna get someone better anyway

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32533 on: June 24, 2022, 03:31:13 pm »
Gotta keep Naby and Bobby, think they would sign new deals at marginally increased pay. With players like Milner and Bobby, you keep them not only because they jump in when needed, but also for the experience they bring to the younger players. Would love it it Bobby retired at LFC but expect he will be at one other club before too long. Salah could be a lost cause but still live in hope he wants to extend his contract, as times goes on the less confident I am of this.

Not sure how I feel about our transfer business so far, too early to tell I suppose. All seemingly good players brought in, those we have lost so far did give us some squad depth, this really helped at the business end of the season. We gave youth a good crack when our defence was in pieces a season or so back, it generally worked out well but wasn't ideal and nearly missed out on top 4 as a consequence. It was an anomaly of a season but still.

Not sure Jota is going to be too impressed with being super sub as he approaches his prime either, not sure Darwin will be that person either. In Origi you had that dependable and experienced player who could swoop in and do a job, think we are missing that now, unless Bobby is happy to be that guy, rather he played more to be honest!!

Its a tricky time for the club, not a full blown rebuild but trying to get everyone game time whilst looking to replace players with whomever isnt being enticed by Sportwash and state owned garbage.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32534 on: June 24, 2022, 03:43:53 pm »
I like your opinions generally, but I think that’s a poor call. Fornals isn’t of the required standard imho.
I wouldn't go near him at the price West Ham wanted, but I think there's a very tidy player in there. I'm not advocating signing him if it impacts a higher quality player such as Bellingham joining in the future, but I'd certainly take Fornals if the price was right.

It's not going to be though, he's crucial to West Ham. Really nice passer, does the defensive stuff really very well, deceptively athletic. I do have a suspicion he's one of those that may be exposed a touch at a higher level, but I'm curious to see whether that's the case - Spain have started to cap him and he has a goal in him, albeit maybe isn't quite creative enough.

I also think this bulkier, deeper-lying version of Julian Brandt that we've been seeing the past year would do a decent job for us.

Ultimately, these are all semi-punts in a hypothetical world where they cost sub £25m and are to be squad depth that allows for rotation, continuity given the squad will churn next season and to cover the minutes of outgoing players or those who won't be used much.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32535 on: June 24, 2022, 04:14:43 pm »
I read somewhere recently, (I can't remember where) that Firmino values staying above money.

(Reckon that has as much credibility as most of the stuff Samie posts).

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32536 on: June 24, 2022, 04:21:26 pm »
Keita will likely get a new deal, the others will probably be allowed to leave.

Yeah I reckon you're right.

Saw that too about Firmino, but I can't remember where I read it/heard it either!
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32537 on: June 24, 2022, 04:22:40 pm »
Id love for Firmino to stay, maybe drop him as a deep attacking midfielder.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32538 on: June 24, 2022, 04:24:05 pm »

Ultimately, these are all semi-punts in a hypothetical world where they cost sub £25m and are to be squad depth that allows for rotation, continuity given the squad will churn next season and to cover the minutes of outgoing players or those who won't be used much.
We don't need to make those type of signings though. We're in a position where we should only be taking those kind of punts on young players like Ramsey or Carvalho who we believe can develop further. More senior signings should be coming in and be expected to be first choice level players, not just squad depth

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #32539 on: June 24, 2022, 04:34:24 pm »
I wouldn't go near him at the price West Ham wanted, but I think there's a very tidy player in there. I'm not advocating signing him if it impacts a higher quality player such as Bellingham joining in the future, but I'd certainly take Fornals if the price was right.

It's not going to be though, he's crucial to West Ham. Really nice passer, does the defensive stuff really very well, deceptively athletic. I do have a suspicion he's one of those that may be exposed a touch at a higher level, but I'm curious to see whether that's the case - Spain have started to cap him and he has a goal in him, albeit maybe isn't quite creative enough.

I also think this bulkier, deeper-lying version of Julian Brandt that we've been seeing the past year would do a decent job for us.

yes!
Very intelligent player, he’s been able to reinvent himself a bit, no longer a wide attacker, but more a central attacking midfielder. Still a big fan, not that I expect him to move from Dortmund. 

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #32540 on: June 24, 2022, 04:36:58 pm »
I'd be surprised if Firmino didn't sign a short extension on reduced wages. Unless he fancies one last go in another league before he's really cracking on. I wouldn't begrudge him leaving on a free as do think he's likely to contribute this coming season.

Keita and Salah will sign new deals IMO.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #32541 on: June 24, 2022, 05:22:36 pm »

stick or twist?

Ox is staying, I suspect Keita and Gomez will get offered new contracts and Salah and Bobby will probably be allowed to leave.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #32542 on: June 24, 2022, 06:08:56 pm »
Firmino is really good mates with Alisson and Fabinho so wouldn't surprise me if he fancied staying for that reason alone.
Linudden.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32543 on: June 24, 2022, 06:27:30 pm »
Looked back and the Firmino stuff comes from Brazil, his own quotes.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #32544 on: June 24, 2022, 09:13:43 pm »
Ox is staying

This seems unlikely and honestly would be bad for him and the club

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32545 on: June 24, 2022, 09:35:02 pm »
Yep, I'd agree with that. I think we've put out to journos that he'll stay so that clubs know we'll actually require a fee for them to take him this summer.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #32546 on: June 24, 2022, 10:21:57 pm »
Amusingly, Barcelona still owe us €42m for Coutinho :lmao this will never not be hilarious.

(Although we sold the fee on, so Barca actually owe a finance company somewhere)

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #32547 on: June 24, 2022, 10:25:03 pm »

If we got a decent offer , I’m sure he would be let move on

Offline Snusmumriken

• Kopite
  • Don't believe everything you think
« Reply #32548 on: June 24, 2022, 10:27:08 pm »
We're not signing Bellingham. When it comes to British talent it's quite clear (IMO) we go for them before the potential tax kicks in. We're happy to pay a bit more for talented 16-18 year olds who has yet to prove themselves at the highest level. But the way transfers work today, once a 18-20 year old has had a good season or two in a top 5 league, the asking price for said player is somehow combined with a "what if" tax, which is pretty much equates to his would be value if he becomes as good as he could. Which is quite insane. A great talent who could be a great player (like Bellingham) today touts prices like 100m+. on pure promise. I think it's very sound that we're trying to go for these talents before said tax is applied, like Harvey, Carvalho and Ramsay.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32549 on: June 24, 2022, 10:37:28 pm »
Amusingly, Barcelona still owe us €42m for Coutinho :lmao this will never not be hilarious.

(Although we sold the fee on, so Barca actually owe a finance company somewhere)

Owing us without owing us.

Liverpool sold the debt to a factoring company, but if Barcelona still owe money to that third party, it depends on the terms of our deal with the third party. They could hold Liverpool responsible if Barca default  (most are recourse accounts). Or they could have held back a certain percentage. Technically, they still owe Liverpool. If they default, it could cost us financially.

I really can’t see a factoring company make a non-recourse agreement on £100m+, so they’ll likely reclaim it from us if Barca default.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 10:39:20 pm by Peabee »
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32550 on: June 24, 2022, 10:42:25 pm »
So are we done for the summer then?

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #32551 on: June 24, 2022, 10:46:54 pm »
So are we done for the summer then?

We really shouldn't
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32552 on: June 24, 2022, 11:05:11 pm »
Owing us without owing us.

Liverpool sold the debt to a factoring company, but if Barcelona still owe money to that third party, it depends on the terms of our deal with the third party. They could hold Liverpool responsible if Barca default  (most are recourse accounts). Or they could have held back a certain percentage. Technically, they still owe Liverpool. If they default, it could cost us financially.

I really can’t see a factoring company make a non-recourse agreement on £100m+, so they’ll likely reclaim it from us if Barca default.
No chance. I work for a debt purchaser, our business model is to buy debt at % of the overall debt and then it's ours, if we get full payment then great, if we don't we'll take the hit, it's the business model. I would assume our deal on the Coutinho fee is the same.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32553 on: June 24, 2022, 11:17:52 pm »
No chance. I work for a debt purchaser, our business model is to buy debt at % of the overall debt and then it's ours, if we get full payment then great, if we don't we'll take the hit, it's the business model. I would assume our deal on the Coutinho fee is the same.

What would the percentage be on £100m?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #32554 on: June 24, 2022, 11:21:02 pm »

I think that this is another stroke of financial genius - selling our debt knowing how Barca are. Edwards doesn't get enough credit for it.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #32555 on: June 24, 2022, 11:27:12 pm »
Gotta keep Naby and Bobby, think they would sign new deals at marginally increased pay. With players like Milner and Bobby, you keep them not only because they jump in when needed, but also for the experience they bring to the younger players. Would love it it Bobby retired at LFC but expect he will be at one other club before too long. Salah could be a lost cause but still live in hope he wants to extend his contract, as times goes on the less confident I am of this.

Not sure how I feel about our transfer business so far, too early to tell I suppose. All seemingly good players brought in, those we have lost so far did give us some squad depth, this really helped at the business end of the season. We gave youth a good crack when our defence was in pieces a season or so back, it generally worked out well but wasn't ideal and nearly missed out on top 4 as a consequence. It was an anomaly of a season but still.

Not sure Jota is going to be too impressed with being super sub as he approaches his prime either, not sure Darwin will be that person either. In Origi you had that dependable and experienced player who could swoop in and do a job, think we are missing that now, unless Bobby is happy to be that guy, rather he played more to be honest!!

Its a tricky time for the club, not a full blown rebuild but trying to get everyone game time whilst looking to replace players with whomever isnt being enticed by Sportwash and state owned garbage.

If you'd said to me a year ago we're going to let Salah and Mane go but retaining Milner, Keita and Firmino I'd have said you're fucking joking me.

Personally I'd have been using the likes of Keita, Ox, Firmino and Milner's wages to bump Salah and Mane's wages up since they've been our main match winners for several years now but the club has taken a different direction - got to hope it's the right one
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 11:29:21 pm by LallanaInPyjamas »

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32556 on: June 24, 2022, 11:29:16 pm »

Looks like they bought Pjanic from 5 different clubs!

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #32557 on: June 25, 2022, 12:13:21 am »
I think that this is another stroke of financial genius - selling our debt knowing how Barca are. Edwards doesn't get enough credit for it.
To be honest we probably did it to have the readies available to spend straight away, rather than any kind of prediction about Barca's future liquidity
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #32558 on: June 25, 2022, 01:36:49 am »
To be honest we probably did it to have the readies available to spend straight away, rather than any kind of prediction about Barca's future liquidity
Fair, but still... Barca's bubble was clearly growing after they sold Neymar.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #32559 on: June 25, 2022, 07:16:17 am »
If you'd said to me a year ago we're going to let Salah and Mane go but retaining Milner, Keita and Firmino I'd have said you're fucking joking me.

Personally I'd have been using the likes of Keita, Ox, Firmino and Milner's wages to bump Salah and Mane's wages up since they've been our main match winners for several years now but the club has taken a different direction - got to hope it's the right one

I don't understand what is so confusing. The wage in itself is not a problem the problem is:
A) You're giving 400K to a player in his 30s what if his form falls off a cliff a year (for example) into his new contract?
B) The likes of VVD and Allison may ask for parity and are they not just as important as Salah? Any new player you sign may ask for parity.

You're making a rod for your own back and opening Pandora's box and once opened you won't be able to close it again.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 07:18:18 am by spider-neil »