Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3120307 times)

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #35880 on: August 15, 2022, 07:26:16 pm »
Nah I reckon we want Milner starting PL games as much as possible. Getting his 2nd start 2 games in is great… 36 is the new 26.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35881 on: August 15, 2022, 07:28:14 pm »
What’s the argument against signing a midfielder this window again? … asking for a friend whose squad look like they’re made of knackered biscuits

Midfield is the one area where we've actually got good depth on the bench tonight  ;)

Nah I reckon we want Milner starting PL games as much as possible. Getting his 2nd start 2 games in is great… 36 is the new 26.

He didn't start last week, and he's starting tonight because Klopp wants him to, not because he has no other choice. We should however sign a midfielder!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 07:34:15 pm by Barefoot Doctor »

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #35882 on: August 15, 2022, 07:35:24 pm »
Midfield is the one area where we've actually got good depth on the bench tonight  ;)

He didn't start last week, and he's starting tonight because Klopp wants him to, not because he has no other choice. We should however sign a midfielder!

Keita would obv start if he was fully fit
Starting Milner in midfield in PL games isn’t something anyone wants at this stage

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35883 on: August 15, 2022, 07:42:42 pm »

Yeah sorry typo. Meant 1st start. And yes he’s starting ahead of Henderson, which watching him at 8 makes sense. And ahead of Keita who’s not played enough minutes in pre season.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #35884 on: August 15, 2022, 07:43:05 pm »
What’s the argument against signing a midfielder this window again? … asking for a friend whose squad look like they’re made of knackered biscuits

Would take minutes away from Milner.

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35885 on: August 15, 2022, 07:48:14 pm »
Likely we have too many midfielders. That they’re gnarled and falling to bits isn’t relevant.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35886 on: August 15, 2022, 07:48:48 pm »
Sign a midfielder ffs.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 07:52:11 pm by AndyMuller »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #35887 on: August 15, 2022, 07:50:37 pm »

Ask the manag….nope nope sorry we don’t like that one do we.

Can’t afford one because all our money went on Nunez?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35888 on: August 15, 2022, 07:51:57 pm »
Bajcetic is probably a permanent member of the first team squad now.  :P

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35889 on: August 15, 2022, 07:52:29 pm »
The manager says it’s because of money.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35890 on: August 15, 2022, 07:54:07 pm »
The manager thankfully was a bit more nuanced than that
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #35891 on: August 15, 2022, 07:54:09 pm »
Next player we buy has to have a spotless injury record.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35892 on: August 15, 2022, 07:54:48 pm »
Fatso nothing is spotless, certainly not the napkins you carry.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #35893 on: August 15, 2022, 07:55:35 pm »
Fatso nothing is spotless, certainly not the napkins you carry.

My plate usually is at the end of dinner.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35894 on: August 15, 2022, 07:55:42 pm »
Naby had a spotless injury history didn’t he? And I think Ginis was a bit iffy

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35895 on: August 15, 2022, 07:56:40 pm »
Would take minutes away from Milner.

:) both funny and actually true it appears!

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35896 on: August 15, 2022, 07:59:03 pm »
Until that big-noting head of the Guinea FA reared his hind legs.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #35897 on: August 15, 2022, 08:00:13 pm »

No, he was injured a handful of times at Leipzig.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35898 on: August 15, 2022, 08:01:35 pm »
No, he was injured a handful of times at Leipzig.

Well everyone’s been injured a handful of times but nothing to worry about before he signed was there?

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35899 on: August 15, 2022, 08:05:55 pm »

A) We’ll go bankrupt
B) everyone out there except Bellingham is shit so why bother

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35900 on: August 15, 2022, 08:07:11 pm »
The manager thankfully was a bit more nuanced than that

Larry David isn’t funny

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35901 on: August 15, 2022, 08:07:41 pm »
A) We’ll go bankrupt
B) everyone out there except Bellingham is shit so why bother

C) If we sign someone this summer we can't sign anyone next summer, and that will piss off the LFC twitterverse.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35902 on: August 15, 2022, 08:08:24 pm »
Larry David isn’t funny

You got the thread locked t’other day, you going for the double?

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35903 on: August 15, 2022, 08:19:01 pm »
C) If we sign someone this summer we can't sign anyone next summer, and that will piss off the LFC twitterverse.

Next summer is the most important in Liverpool history

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35904 on: August 15, 2022, 08:20:58 pm »
:) both funny and actually true it appears!

We have both ends of the age spectrum covered

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #35905 on: August 15, 2022, 08:23:22 pm »
There's a game on FFS.

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35906 on: August 15, 2022, 10:19:12 pm »
So I get the stuff about why we’ve not signed a midfielder this summer. There are explicable reasons. But how did we let it get to this stage? It’s been very clear that Henderson and Milner are declining, Thiago is only really good for 1500+ minutes, Ox isn’t good enough and Keita can’t be relied upon for quite a long time now. And yet we come into the summer where when we can’t bring in Tchou Tchou or Bellingham (who was always an insanely long shot) we don’t bring in anyone? There are many, many players who’d improve our first 11, let alone our 4th choice CM in world football. Did we really put all our eggs into those baskets when we knew the issues for 12+ months? We’re not even talking Van Dijk, ‘only he will do’ type reasoning here because we’ll need at least2 CMs next summer.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 10:20:51 pm by Knight »

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35907 on: August 15, 2022, 10:22:50 pm »
To be honest after tonight my main transfer wish was another tricky winger, not a midfielder.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35908 on: August 15, 2022, 10:23:53 pm »
To be honest after tonight my main transfer wish was another tricky winger, not a midfielder.

Id rather just have Jota back to be honest. Nunez missed the ball three times, reckon Jota gets a few good shots off that time.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35909 on: August 15, 2022, 10:24:12 pm »
So I get the stuff about why we’ve not signed a midfielder this summer. There are explicable reasons. But how did we let it get to this stage? It’s been very clear that Henderson and Milner are declining, Thiago is only really good for 1500+ minutes, Ox isn’t good enough and Keita can’t be relied upon for quite a long time now. And yet we come into the summer where when we can’t bring in Tchou Tchou or Bellingham (who was always an insanely long shot) we don’t bring in anyone? There are many, many players who’d improve our first 11, let alone our 4th choice CM in world football.
We got here by taking a risk on Thiago and it hasn't yet/didn't work out. I'm guessing some potential belief that Keita might stay fit finally, not really sure why we'd reportedly offer him a new deal if we didn't.

I also think Fabinho looking, err, not at his best, has probably caught is a bit by surprise
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 10:29:02 pm by Chris~ »

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35910 on: August 15, 2022, 10:25:07 pm »
Wolves agreed a 38m fee for Matheus Nunes.

Heads about to fall  ;D

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #35911 on: August 15, 2022, 10:26:57 pm »
Wolves agreed a 38m fee for Matheus Nunes.

Heads about to fall  ;D

“All he does is dribble”

Maybe, just maybe, that is a bit of what we need. At least we will find out how will go in the Prem

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #35912 on: August 15, 2022, 10:27:51 pm »
We'll be in for Nunes from Wolves for £75m in a couple of years.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35913 on: August 15, 2022, 10:29:05 pm »
So I get the stuff about why we’ve not signed a midfielder this summer. There are explicable reasons. But how did we let it get to this stage? It’s been very clear that Henderson and Milner are declining, Thiago is only really good for 1500+ minutes, Ox isn’t good enough and Keita can’t be relied upon for quite a long time now. And yet we come into the summer where when we can’t bring in Tchou Tchou or Bellingham (who was always an insanely long shot) we don’t bring in anyone? There are many, many players who’d improve our first 11, let alone our 4th choice CM in world football. Did we really put all our eggs into those baskets when we knew the issues for 12+ months? We’re not even talking Van Dijk, ‘only he will do’ type reasoning here because we’ll need at least2 CMs next summer.

Because I very much doubt the manager is sitting there thinking ‘Thiago and Naby are always injured, Milner is a bit rubbish, Hendo is getting worse and Ox is even worse than Milner’. He trusts his players, he rates his players, he loves a few of those guys in that midfield. Blind spot? Maybe so. It’s a running gag on here, but maybe he would rather give Harvey the games than sign someone else? Maybe he is literally thinking it needs to be a monster to justify messing around with the midfield which is why it’s seemed Tchouameni, Bellingham or nothing.

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35914 on: August 15, 2022, 10:30:07 pm »
We got here by taking a risk on Thiago and it hasn't yet/didn't work out. I'm guessing some potential belief that Keita might stay fit finally, not really sure why we'd reportedly offer him a new deal if we didn't.

If we have we’re not making a good call there. I’d play Keita more than Klopp does. But Klopp, for whatever reason, doesn’t play him very much. My guess is it’s because we have to manage him very carefully. And we simply can’t be carrying so many injury prone players going forwards.

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35915 on: August 15, 2022, 10:32:25 pm »
Because I very much doubt the manager is sitting there thinking ‘Thiago and Naby are always injured, Milner is a bit rubbish, Hendo is getting worse and Ox is even worse than Milner’. He trusts his players, he rates his players, he loves a few of those guys in that midfield. Blind spot? Maybe so. It’s a running gag on here, but maybe he would rather give Harvey the games than sign someone else? Maybe he is literally thinking it needs to be a monster to justify messing around with the midfield which is why it’s seemed Tchouameni, Bellingham or nothing.

But to a certain degree he definitely should be thinking that. And if he’s not he needs people around him to help him see it. And it’s Klopp and he’s a football genius so I suspect he does see it. And Harvey is great, I’m really glad that we’re playing a more creative 8 in him. But creative 8s aren’t our midfield issue.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35916 on: August 15, 2022, 10:33:30 pm »

It's been horribly mismanaged and its hard to know if its hubris or financial limitation or a bit of both that's caused us not to address it this window

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35917 on: August 15, 2022, 10:36:29 pm »

We’ve got Jota / Gordon who can offer support in the wide areas, wouldn’t be my top priority given when we do hopefully have everyone fit the midfield is still lacking some key qualities

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35918 on: August 15, 2022, 10:38:18 pm »
It's been horribly mismanaged and its hard to know if its hubris or financial limitation or a bit of both that's caused us not to address it this window
If we want a player we'd find the money like we did with Diaz.  Obviously up to a point, but it was similar arguments here and talking points from Klopp last summer about other teams resources and then we magiced up a lot of money

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35919 on: August 15, 2022, 10:40:45 pm »

They thought our squad would get us through the season. It’s a miscalculation on their part, every team in Europe will know we’re desperate for new midfielders next summer