Author Topic: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 1736431 times)

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Silva to Lazio? David Silva / Lucas Leiva / Luis Alberto is a big brain midfield.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
Villarreal signing Coquelin and Parejo for €8m combined - absolute fire sale
I actually think it's about time Valencia got rid of Parejo. Massive talent, but completely inconsistent and somewhat limited. A high earner as well. It's goind to be a though summer for Valencia, and I don't trust their owner but it's about time they cleaned up a bit.

Villarreal are also linked Gabriel, their center back (the former Arsenal guy). I guess he's another high earner they could do without

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Silva to Lazio? David Silva / Lucas Leiva / Luis Alberto is a big brain midfield.

What about Milinkovic-Savic. I haven't watched Lazio a lot but whenever I have seen him I have been very impressed

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
What about Milinkovic-Savic. I haven't watched Lazio a lot but whenever I have seen him I have been very impressed

Lucas is no longer in their starting lineup. They play Parolo, Milinkovic Savic and Luis Alberto in the middle. Maybe Milinkovic Savic can drop deeper and Silva can play higher up.

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
A Leeds ST holder who I work with reckons they've had £30m rejected for Ben White.

Crazy times.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
A Leeds ST holder who I work with reckons they've had £30m rejected for Ben White.

Crazy times.

Clubs are getting no revenue at the moment, not really surprised at the prices. It's why clubs will look for loans as much as signings this season.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Villarreal signing Coquelin and Parejo for €8m combined - absolute fire sale

Lim’s daughter, Kim, caused controversy in July by hitting back at the club’s fanbase on Instagram. “Some Valencia CF fans are scolding and cursing at my family and I,” she wrote in a since-deleted post. “Don’t they get it? The club is ours and we can do anything we want with it … no one can say anything.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/12/pressure-grows-on-valencias-peter-lim-as-francis-coquelin-is-sold-to-villarreal

Imagine if we'd ended up with Lim in 2010.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Crazy times.
I've not seen him play is he really that good?

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
I've not seen him play is he really that good?

Throw in £50m for Declan Rice and I don't think we can call the market subdued.

Believe White has been great in Bielsa's system (which means he'd probably be good for us) but I've lost all concept of value now. Lovren for £10m looks an anomaly.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
Ben White does indeed look quality but I also think that if he’s unobtainable south of £30m, which certainly seems the case, then there’s. -as ever- far better value to be found abroad. The Bundesliga is stuffed with excellent young centre halves under the age of 23. Granted names like Upamecano and Konate would cost more than White, but players like N’Dicka and Kabak spring to mind.

Leeds need to be careful with their spending. Yes there’s some clear areas that need addressing as lacking in quality (Goalkeeper, Centre Back, Wide Midfielders, Striker) but they don’t want to fall into the Fulham trap that Villa narrowly avoided - spending vast amounts for a poor return. I don’t know if Augustin is remaining with Leeds but their striker options are severely lacking. They’re getting linked to Edouard at Celtic who I thought would move to a side more around Europa League level. He may still. A better player than Dembele in my eyes.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Believe White has been great in Bielsa's system (which means he'd probably be good for us) but I've lost all concept of value now. Lovren for £10m looks an anomaly.

I think what we will see for now is that the volume of sales will be subdued rather than the market as a whole, clubs will have to target specific needs, but it is still early enough that selling clubs will still be concerned about maximising their return on sales and holding firm for now on prices.

Lovren is probably a fair reflection on the club, allowing a player who has been with the club, but is no longer a starter for us to move on at a reasonable price so he can start more often, while earning a decent fee for somebody who could have otherwise run down his existing contract before leaving.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ben White does indeed look quality but I also think that if he’s unobtainable south of £30m, which certainly seems the case, then there’s. -as ever- far better value to be found abroad. The Bundesliga is stuffed with excellent young centre halves under the age of 23. Granted names like Upamecano and Konate would cost more than White, but players like N’Dicka and Kabak spring to mind.

Leeds need to be careful with their spending. Yes there’s some clear areas that need addressing as lacking in quality (Goalkeeper, Centre Back, Wide Midfielders, Striker) but they don’t want to fall into the Fulham trap that Villa narrowly avoided - spending vast amounts for a poor return. I don’t know if Augustin is remaining with Leeds but their striker options are severely lacking. They’re getting linked to Edouard at Celtic who I thought would move to a side more around Europa League level. He may still. A better player than Dembele in my eyes.

Presumably, Leeds think that somebody who is familiar with their system already would help them more from the start, avoiding a slow start could prove crucial at the end of the season.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Presumably, Leeds think that somebody who is familiar with their system already would help them more from the start, avoiding a slow start could prove crucial at the end of the season.
Absolutely I agree with you, my point about CBs was more general and not specific to Leeds, who’d not be a big enough draw for any of the names I mentioned beyond White.

Arsenal being tenuously linked to Quincy Promes of Ajax today. 3 years too late surely, as good as he is. I’d also be slightly surprised if Ajax sold their next best attacker in the same summer as Ziyech, but we’ve seen they’re fairly content to be gutted and confident in a rebuild on multiple occasions.

Napoli needing to make sales for FFP and Ghoulam being linked to Wolves. Could see him being a good signing.

Genuine question, who will pay an actual reasonable transfer fee for Aaron Ramsey in this current market? Juve seem keen to offload him among many. He’s on wild wages and once again proved he’s not durable enough to make a good amount of appearances in a season. Good player, not a great player. Could be loaned back to the Premier League perhaps, to shoulder some of those wages?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Arsenal being tenuously linked to Quincy Promes of Ajax today. 3 years too late surely, as good as he is. I’d also be slightly surprised if Ajax sold their next best attacker in the same summer as Ziyech, but we’ve seen they’re fairly content to be gutted and confident in a rebuild on multiple occasions.

With the profile of the type of players they're looking at, I'm more inclined to think that Arsenal are in less of a rebuild mode than one that's trying to stay afloat.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan

I've seen his name mentioned as a suggestion to replace Wijnaldum. No idea if it's a good shout or not. He would probably be very expensive though, wouldn't he?

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
Lim’s daughter, Kim, caused controversy in July by hitting back at the club’s fanbase on Instagram. “Some Valencia CF fans are scolding and cursing at my family and I,” she wrote in a since-deleted post. “Don’t they get it? The club is ours and we can do anything we want with it … no one can say anything.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/12/pressure-grows-on-valencias-peter-lim-as-francis-coquelin-is-sold-to-villarreal

Imagine if we'd ended up with Lim in 2010.

Seems a bit dim does Kim Lim. Probably been on the Pimms when she wrote that

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: THE NON-LIVERPOOL SUMMER 2020 TRANSFER THREAD (sponsored by Jadon Sanc
« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2020, 03:40:58 pm »
I've seen his name mentioned as a suggestion to replace Wijnaldum. No idea if it's a good shout or not. He would probably be very expensive though, wouldn't he?
Probably looking around £80m if not more. Off the top of my head I’m sure last summer their Chief Exec or President was crowing about turning down £70m for him from some unknown bidder.

As for his play, he’s undoubtedly very good. Not a very similar profile to Gini though. Also needs to start having one indifferent game in every 10 rather than one in three, which he has seemed to over the past few seasons. He’s admittedly gained consistency though and is powerful and surprisingly an adept dribbler for his size.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Valencia are going to be in massive trouble next season. They're going to sell half their squad, find replacements and appoint a manager with barely a month to go to the season.

Wouldn't surprise me if they're battling the drop next year.

Online IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
Chelsea bid £50 million for Declan Rice apparently

Seems an obscene fee and probably be more
Fake news. My sources are telling me that he’s Utd bound. They want him to form a partnership with Lingard.

Rice & Beanz

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

He's predominantly played in championship? £25 million+ seems crazy.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Re: THE NON-LIVERPOOL SUMMER 2020 TRANSFER THREAD (sponsored by Jadon Sancho)
« Reply #100 on: August 12, 2020, 06:25:01 pm »

Possibly but with only a few weeks left til the new campaign, most clubs still haven’t done anything.
We’re three weeks away from the new season.
Arsenal have spent £8m
Brighton have spent £1.5m (and made £11m, a net spend of -£10m)
Villa, Burnley, Palace, Everton, Leicester, Man Utd, Newcastle, Sheffield Utd, Southampton, WBA have spent nothing and sold no one.
Chelsea have spent £100m plus (including Ziyech) but made £74m so net is only £25m.
Fulham have spent £11.5m.
Leeds have spent £25m.
We’ve spent £12m but sold Lovren for the same, so net 0.
City have spent £80m but recouped £45m so net £35m.
Spurs have spent £32m making Lo Celso permanent, but they did that ages ago.
West Ham spent £16m making Soucek permanent.
Wolves have spent nothing and made £16m profit.

So you’ve got three clubs with a significant net spend on recent transfers (City, Chelsea, Leeds), and even then it’s not vast. Two clubs who’ve made loan deals permanent. Fulham and Arsenal with net spends of £10m or so. Us with a net spend of 0, ten clubs who’ve done no business at all, and wolves and Brighton who’ve made a profit.

The difficulty in some ways is getting the money moving around the system. Small clubs need the money to buy the weaker players from the bigger clubs to give the bigger clubs the money to buy the better players from the smaller clubs etc

It’s not a non-existent market but it’s plainly somewhat subdued, so far.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #101 on: August 12, 2020, 06:47:58 pm »

Definitely. To further emphasize this point. German clubs generally do their business early. Hardly any movement in the Bundesliga. Italian clubs usually sign loads by this point. Minimal movement there. In Spain, Villarreal's signings are largely taking advantage of a local rival's fire sale

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: August 12, 2020, 06:50:06 pm »
Good analysis @Jersey

I reckon we'll hit the ground running and defend the title. cant wait.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #103 on: August 12, 2020, 07:15:23 pm »
It’s difficult because the spending of a few very rich clubs (City, Chelsea, United’s bit for Sancho) has given the impression that the market is robust but it isn’t really. By their standards the relative net spends have been fairly low, and United’s inability or unwillingness to stump up an upfront fee Dortmund were happy with points in the same direction.

These are also big clubs who feel they need to spend to bridge the gap to us at the top. The top 4 might even get somewhat locked in, especially if Spurs and Arsenal can’t make any big moves.

For everyone else in the league, what’s the point in spending big next season? Your incomes will be low, and frankly the only risk is getting relegated. For everyone else (especially with Wolves/Spurs/Leicester/Arsenal likely to tie up the EL spots) the difference between 7th and 17th is minimal and not worth risking your financial stability for. That’s why we might not see the bids for Grujic, Wilson, Shaqiri and co that we’d like.

My list above omits the Southampton / Spurs deals for Hojberg and Walkers-Peters but they almost cancel each other out anyway.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 07:19:17 pm by JerseyKloppite »

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: August 12, 2020, 07:22:19 pm »
I am being super dense here but how did Chelsea make 75M? It's not the Hazard sale, right?

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2020, 07:42:27 pm »
They sold morata, Hazard and some kids (i think)

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2020, 08:00:03 pm »
Southampton have completed the £10.9m signing of Mohammed Salisu from Real Valladolid. The Ghanaian centre-back has agreed a four-year deal at St Mary’s, becoming the club’s second summer arrival after Kyle Walker-Peters made the permanent switch from Tottenham.

(Guardian)
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2020, 09:05:11 pm »
Ballaugue saying that Juve are desperately trying to offload Ronaldo to get his wages off their books.

Trouble is, no one else can afford  €23m after tax either....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2020, 09:07:19 pm »
How about a trip to Paris?

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2020, 09:17:31 pm »
Ballaugue saying that Juve are desperately trying to offload Ronaldo to get his wages off their books.

I read earlier that he'd been lining up a move to PSG pre-Covid.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2020, 09:30:42 pm »
I am being super dense here but how did Chelsea make 75M? It's not the Hazard sale, right?

It’s Morata, Pasalic and a couple of youngsters.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2020, 10:56:49 pm »

He's stuck then no? Bar PSG as mentioned he hasn't got any other choices?

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: August 13, 2020, 12:21:40 am »
It’s Morata, Pasalic and a couple of youngsters.

I totally forgot Morata at Chelsea was a thing lol. His value held up pretty well, didn't it (I said with no idea what the buying and selling price was)?

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: August 13, 2020, 12:25:47 am »

Like I said previously, got no sympathy for these teams giving these players stupid contracts to begin with

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #114 on: August 13, 2020, 12:29:44 am »

Crazy times.

I didn’t know Fordy was that rich.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: August 13, 2020, 12:44:10 am »
I didn’t know Fordy was that rich.

He's a super agent.  Got a lot of fees off past transfers, especially the Charlie Adam ones.  Just need the Ben White transfer to go through now.
King Kenny.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #116 on: August 13, 2020, 02:10:02 am »

See, that's what I don't get. Juve was up the top of Serie A even without Ronaldo. It wasn't the case of them needing that extra push to win the (umpteenth) title. Unlike us with Virg and Ali. So why did they buy him? what was really in for them? And they got stuck with the tulip bulbs...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 02:12:11 am by farawayred »
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline penwhen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #117 on: August 13, 2020, 02:54:44 am »
See, that's what I don't get. Juve was up the top of Serie A even without Ronaldo. It wasn't the case of them needing that extra push to win the (umpteenth) title. Unlike us with Virg and Ali. So why did they buy him? what was really in for them? And they got stuck with the tulip bulbs...

Allegri is desperate to win the Champions League.

Offline phoenician

• Kopite
« Reply #118 on: August 13, 2020, 08:43:54 am »
And Ronaldo remains one of the most recognisable figures in world sport. Juve buying brand recognition.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: August 13, 2020, 09:57:42 am »

They just realised it now? Fordy knew this way way back
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur