Author Topic: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 1737046 times)

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I can see Arsenal going in for him and maybe Everton if Richarlison was to leave (I know Zaha isn't a direct replacement)

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
They realised they were having FFP issues, hence they were so keen to deal Werner for his release clause. I’d imagine they’ll struggle to have many incomings unless someone bites on Upamecano’s release clause which is around €60m if I recall correctly...

Daka from their sister club for a fee well below market value?
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sky saying Wolves and Leicester after Burnley's Dwight McNeil. Also AC Milan and Juve which seems a little less likely.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sky saying Wolves and Leicester after Burnley's Dwight McNeil. Also AC Milan and Juve which seems a little less likely.

Interesting to see how McNeil does in a more attacking setup if he moves,i think he's a fine young player.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Palace looking at Sarr on a loan to buy.. Ideal replacement for Zaha I guess. Strange Watford are 'reportedly' happy with that type of deal

Palace apparently have a long standing interest in him from his Rennes days. Maybe the loan with obligation bit has been leaked to flush out other buyers. It would help Palace who are likely skint. Watford must either want a hefty loan fee or a larger purchase fee for that to work

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
Looking at some of the fees being banded around by some of the clubs at the moment you would think that Sturridge would be worth a go on a free.

He hasn't had any injuries for 2 years now, still isn't that old and had a pretty decent return in Turkey.

On his day he is up there with the best in the league and could get a decent number of goals. Would think Leicester would be a good fit as a bit part player with all the extra games they will have next year. Played his best football under Rodgers too.

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
Looking at some of the fees being banded around by some of the clubs at the moment you would think that Sturridge would be worth a go on a free.

He hasn't had any injuries for 2 years now, still isn't that old and had a pretty decent return in Turkey.

On his day he is up there with the best in the league and could get a decent number of goals. Would think Leicester would be a good fit as a bit part player with all the extra games they will have next year. Played his best football under Rodgers too.

Only played 7? games this season, why was that if not injured?

Scored 4 goals in the Turkish league, compared to 24 by the Crystal Palace reject Sorloth.

Nah...

Offline FilthyBloke

• Main Stander
  • We all live. That’s enough for me.

Scored 4 goals in the Turkish league, compared to 24 by the Crystal Palace reject Sorloth.

Nah...

Aye, that was my thinking as well. But I still think he would do a good job at Celtic. Otherwise it’s America or somewhere like China maybe.
Schadenfreude. Pretty much sums me up.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Nah...

He played 16 games for the club and was released from his contract early because of the whole betting thing.

Pretty sure he wants to play here in the States next, or at least soon.

Edit: Never mind, just saw an article from Sky this morning where he said he has unfinished business in the Prem.  ;D Villa or West Brom maybe, since he's from Birmingham?
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
David Silva off to Lazio according to Fabrizio Romano.

And Lille have confirmed signing of Jonathan David. He might be one we look at in a year or two.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 07:08:44 pm by Barefoot Doctor »

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
David Silva off to Lazio according to Fabrizio Romano.
Brilliant for them

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Chelsea bid £50 million for Declan Rice apparently

Seems an obscene fee and probably be more
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class

West Ham will probably move at £70m+ Still mad at £50m. Especially when they are quibbling over Havertz fee and they could likely get a cheaper defender abroad

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Speaking of Havertz whats even happening with him. There was a lot of momentum and then it slowed down. Now they are bidding big on Rice, and maybe still Chillwell.

I saw a report before saying that there money wasn't bottomless, they had to sell a few players to fund the big changes.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan

They could use a #6 who's strong in the air and keeps things simple. Rice might be it but it seems like a ridiculous fee. But it's Chelsea, they don't care

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
West Ham will probably move at £70m+ Still mad at £50m. Especially when they are quibbling over Havertz fee and they could likely get a cheaper defender abroad
And also someone who's usually played as a defender

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Speaking of Havertz whats even happening with him.

Player on holiday and sounds like Chelsea can't agree on fee/payment structure with Leverkusen. I'm actually stunned Man City haven't gone in for him. If Havertz was more patient, he'd probably end up at Bayern next summer

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Player on holiday and sounds like Chelsea can't agree on fee/payment structure with Leverkusen. I'm actually stunned Man City haven't gone in for him. If Havertz was more patient, he'd probably end up at Bayern next summer

He will sign for them Leverkusen are said to be really shirt of funds.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub

Saw this idea when Werner moved to Chelsea ... Footballers should almost never be patient.

He can move to the biggest league in the world, for one of the top 4 clubs in that leauge and sign a deal worth maybe 40 million plus to him and his family
Why on earth would any player gamble with that?

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
He will sign for them Leverkusen are said to be really shirt of funds.

But we're not, with our new deal with Nike and everything.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Wow, that’s a lot of dosh for Declan Rice! They want to sign him to play centre back apprently?

They could honestly spend close on £300 mill this summer if they get him along with Havertz, Werner, Ziech, a goalie and left-back.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
It’s surely either him or Havertz.... I know they’re going big but that’s still hugely taking the piss if they’re going big on even more players. Although you can never rule out Juventus ‘legitimately’ paying £90 million for Jorginho and then PSG ‘legitimately’ doing the same for Kepa
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
It’s surely either him or Havertz.... I know they’re going big but that’s still hugely taking the piss if they’re going big on even more players. Although you can never rule out Juventus ‘legitimately’ paying £90 million for Jorginho and then PSG ‘legitimately’ doing the same for Kepa

not if their intention is for Rice to be the central defensive signing they make.

Havertz season just finished yesterday, so maybe there will be some movement on that in a bit.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
Saw this idea when Werner moved to Chelsea ... Footballers should almost never be patient.

He can move to the biggest league in the world, for one of the top 4 clubs in that leauge and sign a deal worth maybe 40 million plus to him and his family
Why on earth would any player gamble with that?

Well its not like he's going to be skint if he stays put? Some footballers will value actual football, success and the meaning of that success over money I suppose...

If I'm a millionaire footballer, I'm staying at Leverkusen in the hope that a Bayern/Liverpool/Barcelona type come in for me at some point, rather than getting stuck at Chelsea playing for Frank Lampard. Once you sign for an oil club, it's very difficult to get out.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 08:39:59 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Just dont see what the fuss is with Rice 

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

British, with an extra point for being at a London club, and a further point for being at West Ham, which is a popular team amongst pundits

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
Easy to make, you can combine it with different kinds of food, and it takes the taste of whatever gravy you put on it

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Easy to make, you can combine it with different kinds of food, and it takes the taste of whatever gravy you put on it

What sort of heathen puts gravy on rice?  :puke2
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Oh, what do we have here, United are starting to turn the 18 wheeler sideways in the direction of Ousmane Dembele in order to prevent their summer transfer business flying off that cliff.

I’m sue Zorc won’t bite on that one. Imagine if you’re Dembele though, touted as an alternative to Sancho.

This is mad.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
What sort of heathen puts gravy on rice?  :puke2
Ragu or some Asado meat with rice is delicious

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
nah fam, if it aint soy sauce, it ain't it.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan

Hi Mrs Sturridge. Hope the Sturr crazy sauce thing is going well.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ragu or some Asado meat with rice is delicious

Ahhh you mean sauce  :)

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
I don't understand United's fixation on buying another offensive player. They already have greenwood, rashford, james and martial. They add a 5th offensive player and they'll be benching some from what they have. They need to improve their defence or spend on midfield depth in quality but supposedly will be spending the big chunk of their money on a forward option. Its bizarre. Even if they get Sancho, the gains would be marginal compared to getting a quality leftback or midfielder.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan

He struggles to run and move properly. Injuries have taken their toll. Maybe an option off the bench in the last 10 minutes for one of the cash strapped relegation teams but not much more than that. Sure he wouldn't ask much in wages if WBA came calling and he could move back to the midlands.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
I don't understand United's fixation on buying another offensive player. They already have greenwood, rashford, james and martial. They add a 5th offensive player and they'll be benching some from what they have. They need to improve their defence or spend on midfield depth in quality but supposedly will be spending the big chunk of their money on a forward option. Its bizarre. Even if they get Sancho, the gains would be marginal compared to getting a quality leftback or midfielder.

You can't include Dan James when discussing United's forward options. He's shit. Like worse than Lingard shit. Was hyped up as per usual after a couple of good games for them, but got very quickly found out.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan

How to make egg fried rice, on BBC Food

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpKPueBqFWc

A Chinese person's reaction to the above video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53me-ICi_f8
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
How to make egg fried rice, on BBC Food

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpKPueBqFWc

A Chinese person's reaction to the above video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53me-ICi_f8

I just watched the video of when they met. Great entertainment for the night.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
I just watched the video of when they met. Great entertainment for the night.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGtR3l_JeUo

The part where she gets the colander out had me in tears

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
Villarreal signing Coquelin and Parejo for €8m combined - absolute fire sale