Author Topic: Curtis Jones  (Read 585488 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Curtis Jones
« Reply #3560 on: September 4, 2022, 07:54:35 pm »
Appreciate the info curtisjones36!

Hopefully a Q and A in the future some time

Your request doesn't pass the sniff test.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3561 on: September 4, 2022, 07:57:09 pm »
They’ve talked about some stress injury…
Wonder if it might be shin splints… they are a real issue for some young player and can be really difficult  to get over.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3562 on: September 4, 2022, 08:00:57 pm »
Wonder if it might be shin splints… they are a real issue for some young player and can be really difficult  to get over.

They did for his namesake didn't they.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3563 on: September 4, 2022, 08:08:31 pm »

They did for his namesake didn't they.
Think it was a knee injury in the end wasn’t it?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3564 on: September 4, 2022, 08:08:45 pm »
When was this, Tepid? Haven't seen that.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3565 on: September 4, 2022, 08:20:53 pm »
Think it was a knee injury in the end wasn’t it?

Always thought it was splints & I'm never wrong  ;D

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3566 on: September 4, 2022, 08:35:45 pm »
When was this, Tepid? Haven't seen that.
There was some reference to a stress injury ….might have Ben Klopp himself.
W

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #3567 on: September 4, 2022, 08:44:42 pm »
This is the one thing where I do like US media practices better for sports. I don't think Covid has let everything get completely back to normal here but being able to have the media interact with the players after games in the locker room and not being able to ban reporters/publications for asking questions you don't like makes for a more information friendly environment.  Has Pearce or Joyce even ever talked to a player at the club without it being a completely controlled environment with media handlers present? Maybe it happens but it has to be super rare. That's just the players, to have the English version of a GM (Edwards) not give one single interview in 10 years would be unheard of.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3568 on: September 4, 2022, 08:53:30 pm »
You are reading people's views on his ability. I happen to agree that he has not shown eyecatching advances since he first appeared in the first team squad. He has very good technical ablity, quick feet and can beat a man, not bad attributes but he needs to show more than that. He has come on a sub and shown energy but I can't recall him having games where he has been a deciding factor. He has a tendency to slow up play and appear indecisive with a habit of getting caught in possession. He is still relatively young at 21 but if he wants regular first team football he needs to step up.

Didn't he get 3 or 4 assists in 90 minutes for us?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3569 on: September 4, 2022, 08:58:18 pm »

Yeah but apart from those.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3570 on: September 4, 2022, 09:00:00 pm »
This is the one thing where I do like US media practices better for sports. I don't think Covid has let everything get completely back to normal here but being able to have the media interact with the players after games in the locker room and not being able to ban reporters/publications for asking questions you don't like makes for a more information friendly environment.  Has Pearce or Joyce even ever talked to a player at the club without it being a completely controlled environment with media handlers present? Maybe it happens but it has to be super rare. That's just the players, to have the English version of a GM (Edwards) not give one single interview in 10 years would be unheard of.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline jlb

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3571 on: September 4, 2022, 09:02:10 pm »
Might be completely irrelevant, but Gerrard used to get lots of niggly injuries until he was about 19/20. Then a cause was diagnosed, he got an op, and the problem went away.

Offline Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3572 on: September 4, 2022, 09:05:02 pm »

He got 2 assists in the thrashing of Porto, a year ago. Can't recall him getting a goal or assist since then?

Maybe the little lay off to Salah against City when Salah then dribbled past 4 players and banged it in. Trying to think of any in cup games in the past year?

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3573 on: September 4, 2022, 09:06:20 pm »
Been around a few seasons now. Once fit needs to kick on and show us what he can do. Hope he has another level that he can move up to.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline jlb

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3574 on: September 4, 2022, 09:08:58 pm »
He has come on a sub and shown energy but I can't recall him having games where he has been a deciding factor.

Decisive goals against Everton in the cup and Ajax in the CL come to mind.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3575 on: September 4, 2022, 09:09:28 pm »
Decisive goals against Everton in the cup and Ajax in the CL come to mind.

Ajax?

Offline Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3576 on: September 4, 2022, 09:12:06 pm »
Ajax?

Yeah I remember that, season before last

Offline jlb

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3577 on: September 4, 2022, 09:12:38 pm »
Ajax?

Home vs Ajax in 2020/21 group stage.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3578 on: September 4, 2022, 09:13:55 pm »
Yeah I remember that, season before last
Home vs Ajax in 2020/21 group stage.

WOW - I totally blanked our 20/21 CL from memory it seems.

Thanks.

Offline jlb

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3579 on: September 4, 2022, 09:21:58 pm »
WOW - I totally blanked our 20/21 CL from memory it seems.

Thanks.

Was pretty unmemorable, apart from the 5-0 win at Atalanta.

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #3580 on: September 4, 2022, 09:53:21 pm »
Just saw that he wasn't even on the bench for the Everton game.

Could do with it not being another injury set back, like  :butt

Wildly unfortunate how he's been with injuries in the last year and a half - happened every time he's expected to kick on and claim a spot in midfield. Even more so now when everyone else is either injured/declining.

B*tch of a start to the season
The change is cast

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3581 on: September 6, 2022, 03:07:09 pm »
James Pearce tweeted “No sign of Carvalho and Jones in open training at Kirkby. Unclear what the issue is” we know Carvalho has a dead leg but Jones….. it’s a mystery.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3582 on: September 6, 2022, 03:48:15 pm »
James Pearce tweeted “No sign of Carvalho and Jones in open training at Kirkby. Unclear what the issue is” we know Carvalho has a dead leg but Jones….. it’s a mystery.
Ffs.  This is getting ridiculous.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3583 on: September 6, 2022, 03:51:49 pm »
Ffs.  This is getting ridiculous.

Klopp has a presser at 7, so he might mention it then?

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3584 on: September 6, 2022, 03:58:29 pm »
Klopp has a presser at 7, so he might mention it then?
Ok ta.  I'm sure he'll be asked, the response will be interesting.

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #3585 on: September 6, 2022, 05:37:29 pm »
a team that prides itself on pressing has 5/8 injury prone midfielders. Football, you rock my world.
The change is cast

Offline Rahul21

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3586 on: September 6, 2022, 05:58:19 pm »
a team that prides itself on pressing has 5/8 injury prone midfielders. Football, you rock my world.

Negligence.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #3587 on: September 6, 2022, 06:20:31 pm »
It's too soon to write Jones off as a crock. Gerrard had his issues in his late teens/early 20s.

Sooner rather than later though he's going to need a season where he stays available and consistently performs because we're already carrying too many.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3588 on: September 6, 2022, 06:36:19 pm »
We’ve been told it’s a stress injury…

Coukd be a metatarsal or it could be shin splints.

In either case, you don’t fuck around.  You are cautious.  Simple.
W

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3589 on: September 6, 2022, 07:34:56 pm »
Klopp just said that Curtis re-did the stress fracture in his tibia, but not as bad as before.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline marmite sw

• Main Stander
« Reply #3590 on: September 6, 2022, 07:36:12 pm »
hes one player i really hope can get his break soon but hes also the one player to me that seems stuck amost like thats all he has to offer and we've already seen it ....i so hope im wrong i so hope he goes on to be superb
im autistic and have dyslexia as well as being born deaf so if thats a problem then its your problem ... awaits the gramma nazis ......lfc supporter since 1976 watch every game and get up to liverpool as often as i can......

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3591 on: September 6, 2022, 07:57:01 pm »
Klopp just said that Curtis re-did the stress fracture in his tibia, but not as bad as before.
Well that’s shit.. poor lad.

Still I was right is my diagnosis … the shin it was.
W

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3592 on: September 6, 2022, 09:22:30 pm »
Well that’s shit.. poor lad.

Still I was right is my diagnosis … the shin it was.

Absolute bollox for him and for the club. Is this ever going to end ? Any idea how long it will be ?

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3593 on: September 6, 2022, 09:49:10 pm »

Why he was allowed to return if the stress fracture didn't heal properly

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #3594 on: September 6, 2022, 09:58:45 pm »

This much heralded 'injury prevention' medic really earning his rep this season.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3595 on: September 6, 2022, 10:03:01 pm »
Is it correct that he got this fracture in the few minute cameo during the charity shield, or was that a re-injury on that occasion too?

Really not reflecting well on the club's medical staff that they brought him into training (and got him on the bench, unplayed) and aggravated the injury in such a short time

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3596 on: September 6, 2022, 10:10:50 pm »

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #3597 on: September 6, 2022, 10:11:29 pm »

He had a stress fracture, it healed, he trained a couple of times and it's come back, not as bad. Paraphrasing but that's roughly what Klopp said.

I'd imagine it involved X-rays and stuff not just Jones saying he felt fine.

Probably gonna be a few more weeks now anyway.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #3598 on: September 6, 2022, 10:19:33 pm »
That's really frustrating - felt ahead of the derby like he could have been a really useful player to have available. Admist the current issues we've got in midfield, I felt he could have risen to the role of being one of the more senior figures. Hope he's back quickly.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3599 on: September 6, 2022, 10:26:50 pm »
Is it correct that he got this fracture in the few minute cameo during the charity shield, or was that a re-injury on that occasion too?

Really not reflecting well on the club's medical staff that they brought him into training (and got him on the bench, unplayed) and aggravated the injury in such a short time
If it’s shin splints (and it sounds very much like it) then it’s an absolute bastard to manage….

It seems to be one of those conditions that isn’t easy to assess recovery time or for the player themselves to assess …

How much time did shin splints steal frrm us of the incredible Rob Jones?
W