Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 965807 times)

Offline CalgarianRed

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #6760 on: October 1, 2022, 06:09:05 pm »
Needs to work out what he wants to do with Trent.  Also needs to stop relying on Henderson and Milner.

What options does he have? Henderson should be playing the Milner role right now.

FSG badly let down in the market and now the league is a write off. Hopefully we make top 4 but it looks challenging.
True North Strong

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6761 on: October 1, 2022, 06:16:39 pm »
That double sub was diabolical stadium was bemused when Milner was coming on.

Really bad decision making today.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6762 on: October 1, 2022, 06:25:45 pm »
Weirdly we have been shite since he signed his new contract. Do the players not like him for some reason?

I'm honestly lost as to why we are so rubbish this season.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #6763 on: October 1, 2022, 06:27:52 pm »
Didn’t he say we were going to reinvent ourselves after the Napoli hammering?

See no change of play style formations or even players for that matter?

We keep playing a 433, keep playing the same off form players and keep bringing young jimmy Milner on to affect games.

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6764 on: October 1, 2022, 06:32:41 pm »
Weirdly we have been shite since he signed his new contract. Do the players not like him for some reason?

Lack of investment. Most here have been saying we need to refresh our midfield but we didn't so it's not a surprise we are struggling.

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6765 on: October 1, 2022, 06:42:52 pm »
Can we just go back to the tried and trusted system. The changes this season are baffling, the risks are too big and its leaving the players with too much to do when we lose the ball.

We need to be more compact and structured in our defensive phase

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #6766 on: October 1, 2022, 06:44:51 pm »

I am amazed, I half expected us to be like this. We go through last season playing in every single competition right to the end, we then have to start this season earlier to allow for all the stupid fixtures we have to play, before a World Cup starts bang in the middle of the season. The players are human beings they're not work horses, the fact that we started with less energy to me is the least surprising thing so far. I am just amazed that so many people have been surprised about this. You also have to say it's not like we have brought enough new players either. The players are just out of energy you can see it and some seem to be going easier, maybe trying to last out until the ruddy WC.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6767 on: October 1, 2022, 06:49:39 pm »

We keep playing a 433, keep playing the same off form players and keep bringing young jimmy Milner on to affect games.

Our last game was Ajax and we won so probably thought we had reinvented ourselves somewhat. Anyhow it's obvious nothing has changed in the grand scheme. Still trying to do the same things without the players that are no longer here and the ones that are aren't capable of it anymore.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6768 on: October 1, 2022, 06:59:32 pm »
Back to the age thing. I seem to remember that someone familiar with Klopps time at Dortmund mentioned that he rarely had players over 30. We had six outfield players over 30 starting today.
Fab is 29 in a few weeks. We brought on a 37 year old
We've flogged these players for years and while it doesn't require a complete overhaul I'm struggling to see how we can play Klopp football with this age profile.
I feel we badly need midfielders with Diaz style energy. He plays like all our team once did.

Offline IamNotSpamBotMailIsWeird

• Boys Pen
« Reply #6769 on: October 1, 2022, 07:03:56 pm »
Klopp has to re-invent himself. In modern football one cannot remain too static, we need to be ruthless with over-the-top players like Salah, van Dijk, Trent etc who seems to have no hunger anymore. Young talents need to be built and given time. I believe our owners have leeched enough, we gotta get out there and protest like the mancs. Seems like thats the only way to get the yanks to even notice us.

Injection of cash + Klopp long term commitment + some patience from our fanbase. (yes even Nunez needs our support now)

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6770 on: October 1, 2022, 07:05:30 pm »
Whatever is wrong, it won’t be fixed this season. Fight for CL places ahead and hope it doesn’t spiral out of control to the point where trust in Klopp is shaken and mob starts making loud noises.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6771 on: October 1, 2022, 07:05:59 pm »
As with anything it helps to have an outside perspective to see things you may be blinkered to when you’re experiencing it daily. Relationship, work, family.

Think Klopp has suffered with this over the years allowing the team to grow old together rather than phasing players out. Don’t think it’s just an FSG issue.

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6772 on: October 1, 2022, 07:24:41 pm »
I can't believe for a moment that Klopp sat there this summer after Tchouameni opted for Madrid and was happy to go through what he knew was going to be an incredibly demanding season with an aging and injury-prone midfield.

We're bloody lucky Klopp is who he is, because otherwise, he'd probably have left by now. Luckily, he's in love with this club and this city, but no manager can perform miracles indefinitely. The defence - now apparently in crisis - has almost no cover from midfield any more. Remember when we dominated midfield, when Henderson and co. gave the opposition not a moment's rest? Those days are gone for this group, and without that energy, we're going to suffer. A Klopp team that can't physically compete is a desperate sight.

Online RedBlakey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #6773 on: October 1, 2022, 07:25:31 pm »

Utterly baffling isn’t it.
Never seen him playing I think. But looks like a good player.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6774 on: October 1, 2022, 07:28:26 pm »
Been let down by the owners, simple as.

Online richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6775 on: October 1, 2022, 07:39:06 pm »

Definitely, but that still doesn't excuse the fact that the world class players we do have in that space have so far this season been comprehensively outplayed by Brighton, Fulham, Palace and United.

Plug Bellingham into that midfield and seemingy more likely than not the result is us still being a bit shit. Something is off with the entire structure of our play. The more I see of us this year the less it looks like the problem lies with our players.

It's really concerning that Klopp and rest of the coaching team haven't been able to diagnose the issue, particularly given the gap we were gifted.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6776 on: October 1, 2022, 07:53:34 pm »
Definitely, but that still doesn't excuse the fact that the world class players we do have in that space have so far this season been comprehensively outplayed by Brighton, Fulham, Palace and United.

Plug Bellingham into that midfield and seemingy more likely than not the result is us still being a bit shit. Something is off with the entire structure of our play. The more I see of us this year the less it looks like the problem lies with our players.

It's really concerning that Klopp and rest of the coaching team haven't been able to diagnose the issue, particularly given the gap we were gifted.

Exact same happened to him at Dortmund where eventually he lost his way in the face of a lack of investment.

We could have built a dynasty here under Klopp if we had ambitious owners. Instead it will fizzle out and when he leaves and we go back to being a club that finishes 5th-8th every year again, maybe then the penny will drop for those that constantly defend these owners.

Offline anandg_lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6777 on: October 1, 2022, 07:55:29 pm »
I would love to see a tactical explanation for that substitution.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6778 on: October 1, 2022, 07:58:33 pm »
I would love to see a tactical explanation for that substitution.

Managers lose their way when they take a team as far as they can. It's nothing new.

When Rafa knew the game was up he started four fullbacks in one game against Stoke away.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #6779 on: October 1, 2022, 07:59:43 pm »
Managers lose their way when they take a team as far as they can. It's nothing new.

When Rafa knew the game was up he started four fullbacks in one game against Stoke away.

This is how it begins.

You need to fuck right off with this shite
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #6780 on: October 1, 2022, 08:00:13 pm »

Taken us as far as he can? So Klopp out then?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6781 on: October 1, 2022, 08:01:09 pm »
You just know rival fans will be thinking "Klopp's last season with Dortmund" and rubbing their hands together. :(
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6782 on: October 1, 2022, 08:02:49 pm »
Taken us as far as he can? So Klopp out then?

I'm FSG out, not Klopp out.

But yeah until we get new owners I don't think Klopp can do anymore. We need investment into the first team squad, how anyone can't see it I don't know.

Offline mercurial

• Legacy Fan
  • Lost my mind, let me know if you spot it
« Reply #6783 on: October 1, 2022, 08:02:58 pm »
I am not in favour of blaming owners and transfers. They need to invest more in players true but performances that we saw against brighton, palace, fulham etc is down to the team and coaching staff. There is something which seems out of place this season. The rhythm in our play is missing. Players look lethargic. I know we had a 63 game season last but this is weird. It’s not looking like a klopp team at all. The press, intensity and transitions are all missing. It’s not lost completely as it’s visible now and then like for our second goal. The position of trent is strange and he has a free role to roam. It is creating massive gaps in defense and midfield is also playing worse as a result. He is local lad, nice kid and all that but from a football sense it’s all wrong to change his role or whatever we are trying. Why is the distance between the back line and the strikers so spread now. My visual impression is we are not compact and high line is missing. One reason maybe as we are getting bypassed in midfield easily. Salah is trying too hard and his position seems wider now. Why should so many golden boot winner suddenly have to change his position or style. Don’t fix something which is isn’t broken and it seems to me we are doing experiments for no reason. Maybe it just Lindjers being over enthusiastic but they need to sort it out double quick. I really fear of twitteratti crowd and opinions etc turning. I just wish that somehow the coaches find a solution. We now have a mostly fit squad and hopefully this will get sorted in 3-4 games.
Kenny: "We play the way we want to play. We play to the style that suits us, no disrespect to other clubs but we don't focus on anybody else"

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6784 on: October 1, 2022, 08:03:13 pm »
Can't be having this negativity around Jurgen. Spoilt c*nts  :wave

Online JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #6785 on: October 1, 2022, 08:03:56 pm »

I really don't think it is "simple as". Blaming the owners for a dramatic deterioration in the performances of the players is lazy. They have their share of the blame undoubtedly, but few before the season started were predicting it would be this bad. The prevailing view was that a failure to add a top CM might cost us the league against City, not see us languishing in mid table and sitting well behind the likes or Arsenal and Spurs.

We have depth in attack and defence. The vast majority of this squad was a couple of games from winning the quadruple last season. It goes beyond lazy snipes at the owners, unfortunately. The players look knackered and are performing badly, tactically we look naive and predictable. I love Klopp but something needs to change in the way we set up, either to give us a new tactical edge or to address the fact that the players are simply too tired to play the way we used to.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6786 on: October 1, 2022, 08:04:03 pm »
You just know rival fans will be thinking "Klopp's last season with Dortmund" and rubbing their hands together. :(

I think it’s different. That Dortmund team had every single bit of bad luck imaginable and just found every way to get beat while still being a good underlying team. Right now we’re not. We’re not a good football team and aren’t being unlucky in games.

Offline MPowerYNWA

• Kopite
« Reply #6787 on: October 1, 2022, 08:06:18 pm »
Klopp knows what he needs to do - but the owners haven’t let him do it.

Great teams have to be rebuilt, but he hasn’t been given any funds - our squad is weaker than last season and everyone else’s is stronger - is it really surprising that player motivation to run themselves into the ground suffers ?   

Same thing happened when we won the title, you have to add strength when you’re at the top…instead we had a follow on season from hell. This season is a write-off.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6788 on: October 1, 2022, 08:07:05 pm »
I really don't think it is "simple as". Blaming the owners for a dramatic deterioration in the performances of the players is lazy. They have their share of the blame undoubtedly, but few before the season started were predicting it would be this bad. The prevailing view was that a failure to add a top CM might cost us the league against City, not see us languishing in mid table and sitting well behind the likes or Arsenal and Spurs.

We have depth in attack and defence. The vast majority of this squad was a couple of games from winning the quadruple last season. It goes beyond lazy snipes at the owners, unfortunately. The players look knackered and are performing badly, tactically we look naive and predictable. I love Klopp but something needs to change in the way we set up, either to give us a new tactical edge or to address the fact that the players are simply too tired to play the way we used to.

If we invested properly in the first team Klopp wouldn't be in a position where he needs to change tactics.

Offline MPowerYNWA

• Kopite
« Reply #6789 on: October 1, 2022, 08:08:19 pm »

Move Trent into midfield right and Gomez to right back. Stop an obvious area of exploitation that opposition keeps using.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6790 on: October 1, 2022, 08:10:39 pm »
Klopp knows what he needs to do - but the owners haven’t let him do it.

Great teams have to be rebuilt, but he hasn’t been given any funds - our squad is weaker than last season and everyone else’s is stronger - is it really surprising that player motivation to run themselves into the ground suffers ?   

Same thing happened when we won the title, you have to add strength when you’re at the top…instead we had a follow on season from hell. This season is a write-off.

Hopefully FSG back him with proper investment next summer - contrary to their previous 12 years as owners of LFC.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6791 on: October 1, 2022, 08:11:44 pm »
I think it’s different. That Dortmund team had every single bit of bad luck imaginable and just found every way to get beat while still being a good underlying team. Right now we’re not. We’re not a good football team and aren’t being unlucky in games.

But our players didn't turn shit overnight. Yes, you can argue that some are old and shouldn't be featuring as much. But, like that Dortmund team, we've been ravaged by injuries, and our confidence is through the floor.

Plus, as I said in the match thread, we typically have to be perfect to overcome the shit decisions that normally go against us.  When we're playing like this, the impact of those decisions gets magnified.

It's been said on here that Abu Dhabi doesn't have a big squad, but when you can afford massive wages for Elite players you probably don't need a big squad. We can go shopping, but it's still got to be paid for. Bringing in a player in January probably rules out activity in the summer - unless FSG either choose to break the business model by finding a loophole that allows them to funnel money into the club that we're not actually generating ourselves.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6792 on: October 1, 2022, 08:15:31 pm »
I'm FSG out, not Klopp out.

But yeah until we get new owners I don't think Klopp can do anymore. We need investment into the first team squad, how anyone can't see it I don't know.

What do you want the owners to do? We either take a gamble on the financial stability of the club or FSG put their hands in their pocket.

It's ridiculous that a club with our revenues seems to have problems in the transfer market, but how much of it is financial prudence and how much is down to being over-cautious?

Popcorn's Art

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6793 on: October 1, 2022, 08:21:32 pm »
What do you want the owners to do? We either take a gamble on the financial stability of the club or FSG put their hands in their pocket.

It's ridiculous that a club with our revenues seems to have problems in the transfer market, but how much of it is financial prudence and how much is down to being over-cautious?

So if we backed Klopp with a 50-70m CM in the summer we were risking the financial stability of the club?

Bullshit.

It's time we stopped this nonsense that every time we sign a player we risk going bankrupt. Why are we the only big club in danger?

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #6794 on: October 1, 2022, 08:21:41 pm »

It is very simple they should have reinvested the money they got from Redbird into the club. The value of the club has increased ten fold. They cashed in on that and then used it to buy the Penguins.

If you want to stay at the top you have to compete in the market.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6795 on: October 1, 2022, 08:21:51 pm »
He has made some odd decisions so far this season.

Online JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #6796 on: October 1, 2022, 08:21:51 pm »
Who are we going to sell to fund the two new midfielders and new forward we need?

Because we know it won't come from investment.
Don't let that get in the way of the FSG defence mechanism mate.

It's Klopp that I support, not the spineless hedge fund owners who pop over to anfield twice a year.

Not backed - clear as day.
It's an FSG defence mechanism that's deeply entrenched and implanted years ago based off this false notions that they "saved the club".
Hopefully your heart swells with pride at FSGs running of the club whilst we don't win anything for a generation.
Well be sure to tell yourself that when Klopp leaves and FSG don't invest and you're watching the competitive team finish 5th-8th every year.
Don't care to be honest.

Nice guys don't finish first in sport.

That's if you're stupid enough to believe our owners who are known backers and supporters of Bill Clinton and Donald Trump are nice guys of course.
It's time for the American owners to sell the football club.
Henry and Werner get the fuck out of our club.
Our problems lie with an undercooked squad because of a lack of investment from the owners.
The fault lies with the owners for not backing the manager in the summer.
FSG need to just leave.
If we invested properly in the first team Klopp wouldn't be in a position where he needs to change tactics.
Hopefully FSG back him with proper investment next summer - contrary to their previous 12 years as owners of LFC.

Mate, I know you're FSG out but this is an absolute joke. These are your posts across a few threads in the last few hours, and not the only omes.

This isn't debate, it's someone sitting ranting in the corner of the pub to everyone who'll listen and ruining the threads. You've made your point, multiple times. You don't think FSG have backed the manager, and you think that is seemingly almost entirely to blame for our woes. You want them out and don't care if we're bought by an oil state or someone with and abysmal human rights record.

Unless you've a new angle on it, wind it in now, because it's really tiresome.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #6797 on: October 1, 2022, 08:27:48 pm »
But our players didn't turn shit overnight. Yes, you can argue that some are old and shouldn't be featuring as much. But, like that Dortmund team, we've been ravaged by injuries, and our confidence is through the floor.

Plus, as I said in the match thread, we typically have to be perfect to overcome the shit decisions that normally go against us.  When we're playing like this, the impact of those decisions gets magnified.

It's been said on here that Abu Dhabi doesn't have a big squad, but when you can afford massive wages for Elite players you probably don't need a big squad. We can go shopping, but it's still got to be paid for. Bringing in a player in January probably rules out activity in the summer - unless FSG either choose to break the business model by finding a loophole that allows them to funnel money into the club that we're not actually generating ourselves.

They don't have to funnel money into the club. They just need to use the money the club generates in the transfer market instead of the Club buying FSG new assets.

Since Klopp arrived the club has funded the main Stand, training ground and ARE at a cost of around a quarter of a billion pounds.

The increased value of LFC that saw FSG sell a stake to Redbird should have been invested in LFC and not the Penguins.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6798 on: October 1, 2022, 08:31:30 pm »
Mate, I know you're FSG out but this is an absolute joke. These are your posts across a few threads in the last few hours, and not the only omes.

This isn't debate, it's someone sitting ranting in the corner of the pub to everyone who'll listen and ruining the threads. You've made your point, multiple times. You don't think FSG have backed the manager, and you think that is seemingly almost entirely to blame for our woes. You want them out and don't care if we're bought by an oil state or someone with and abysmal human rights record.

Unless you've a new angle on it, wind it in now, because it's really tiresome.

Sorry I find it hard to hide my disgust.

We have a once in a lifetime manager. We should be bending over backwards to give him what he wants. Because if you think we'll just pick another Klopp off a tree you're in for a rude awakening.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6799 on: October 1, 2022, 08:34:00 pm »
Sorry I find it hard to hide my disgust.

We have a once in a lifetime manager. We should be bending over backwards to give him what he wants. Because if you think we'll just pick another Klopp off a tree you're in for a rude awakening.

Here's  the thing you're correct we won't find another Klopp but if you think any manager worth his salt wouldn't want to take over one of the biggest and iconic clubs in the world you're the one in for the rude awakening my friend.  :P