Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 957779 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #6960 on: October 19, 2022, 11:16:39 am »
How is this relevant to Klopp?  RAWK has a directive of playing the ball not the man.

Do you need to be picking on someone like this.  Id have thought someone estranged from their partner would get some understanding, not have it thrown in their face.

Its not remotely relevant to Klopp, its completely relevant to what the poster is posting (which is also not relevant to Klopp)

Now shoo
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline lollysportswasher

• Wants us to accept the reality that Liverpool will never sign another player.
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6961 on: October 19, 2022, 11:18:09 am »
Ok, but do you think his comments were xenophobic?

Or untrue?

His comments were not xenophobic but he should've called out Chelsea even though they changed owners. They seem to be outspending everyone now and saying fuck you to the financial fair play rules

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6962 on: October 19, 2022, 11:22:17 am »
His comments were not xenophobic but he should've called out Chelsea even though they changed owners. They seem to be outspending everyone now and saying fuck you to the financial fair play rules

Why on earth would he mention Chelsea? He was literally talking about state owned clubs with unlimited funds....because they're state owned. Chelsea aren't state owned. The whole point is that there is zero risk for them ever struggling financially, regardless of situation, so they can spend what they want, when they want. On the face of it Chelseas big spunk was promised as part of the takeover and is unlikely to continue.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6963 on: October 19, 2022, 11:24:13 am »
Its not remotely relevant to Klopp, its completely relevant to what the poster is posting (which is also not relevant to Klopp)

Now shoo

Shoo? No.
Its not relevant to what hes posting, which is about Kloop, in the Klopp thread.
Tackle his comments in here and if you want to dredge up his private life, do that in the relevant thread.

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6964 on: October 19, 2022, 11:24:29 am »

Sorry mate, I don't think you need any more people kicking off, but how you you throw a grenade in here then be put straight by so many posters yet still after all of that miss the point completely. His statement was about state owned clubs, not Chelsea, or United, or hot dogs or anything else.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #6965 on: October 19, 2022, 11:25:16 am »

Klopp said there are THREE clubs that are state-owned and have unlimited spending.  Chelsea have never been state-owned.  Why should he have mentioned them in this context?

Given a longer time, and a different forum, he might have expanded on the topic and included Chelsea, Liverpool and united's ownership - maybe talk about Brighton and their billionaire owner? But it wasn't about that, it was about the 3 state-owned clubs.

It's disingenuous to conflate the wider discussion into this, as though it somehow undermines Klopp's point.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 11:27:40 am by JC the Messiah »
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

• Kopite
« Reply #6966 on: October 19, 2022, 11:29:50 am »
Sorry mate, I don't think you need any more people kicking off, but how you you throw a grenade in here then be put straight by so many posters yet still after all of that miss the point completely. His statement was about state owned clubs, not Chelsea, or United, or hot dogs or anything else.

I understand your point mate. I'm just frustrated that Chelsea seem to be getting away with sport washing and spending ridiculous amount of money back to back just because they are not state owned. Do you think it's valid to be concerned about Chelsea as well or maybe their spending power will dwindle as previous posters pointed ?

edit: I'm gonna go take some time off, sorry if I offended anyone here. I didn't mean to, and I just love the club as much as you do.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 11:31:35 am by lolowalsh »

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #6967 on: October 19, 2022, 11:30:18 am »
While Roman Abramovic was a deeply shady human being, he is not the Russian state. So Chelsea were never state-owned. And they certainly aren't state owned now, so what's even the point of dragging them into the state ownership question?

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6968 on: October 19, 2022, 11:32:06 am »

Don’t think I need to add more than what previous posters said. Sure if Klopp got one hour of airtime to talk about the topic of the difference in finances between PL clubs in depth I’m sure Chelsea under Abramovich would have received a mention, and under Boehly, time will tell how it continues.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6969 on: October 19, 2022, 11:33:45 am »
and yet you don't question your own authoritarian regime and instead are offended by what klopp didn't say?

He said 'British Arab' unless you're talking about Liz Truss and the Tories, you might want to think about what you have said/assumed there.
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6970 on: October 19, 2022, 11:33:52 am »
While Roman Abramovic was a deeply shady human being, he is not the Russian state. So Chelsea were never state-owned. And they certainly aren't state owned now, so what's even the point of dragging them into the state ownership question?

Classic deflection.

Still trying to figure out if Lolo is a City fan.....

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man

Online Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #6972 on: October 19, 2022, 11:39:02 am »
https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/manchester-citys-claims-of-racism-are-a-bogus-attempt-at-suppression-of-badly-required-criticism-42078115.html

Nails it.
To be fair, almost everything I've read in the media about what Klopp said and City's response has backed Klopp and accused City of dirty tricks and deflection

I find it odd so many people on here think City's tactic has worked 
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6973 on: October 19, 2022, 11:39:37 am »
So this was a lie?
:lmao

Anyway, I hope Klopp gets himself a nice yacht with his winnings.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 11:42:06 am by Clint Eastwood »

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6974 on: October 19, 2022, 11:41:55 am »
I understand your point mate. I'm just frustrated that Chelsea seem to be getting away with sport washing and spending ridiculous amount of money back to back just because they are not state owned. Do you think it's valid to be concerned about Chelsea as well or maybe their spending power will dwindle as previous posters pointed ?

edit: I'm gonna go take some time off, sorry if I offended anyone here. I didn't mean to, and I just love the club as much as you do.

In a completely different debate, yes of course Chelsea need calling out, completely agree as would most on here. People are rightly annoyed at the moment that Klopp has been accused of something which is not only wrong but disgraceful to be honest, so your first post on this just sparked all of that off as, for me, whatever your friends thought it was likely caused by the slurs of xenophobia from City owners and to know that has affected people is incredibly unfair on Klopp and really frustrating.

You didn't offend me mate at all, no need to take any time off.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #6975 on: October 19, 2022, 11:47:26 am »

Your cover is unraveling like one of Franny Lee's bog rolls...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6976 on: October 19, 2022, 11:47:37 am »
To be fair, almost everything I've read in the media about what Klopp said and City's response has backed Klopp and accused City of dirty tricks and deflection

I find it odd so many people on here think City's tactic has worked 

I dont feel that meself....banner headlines grab attention by focusing the accusation .....we all know Knob head UK Football fan will lap this up

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6977 on: October 19, 2022, 11:50:54 am »

He isn't but his money came through Russian kleptocracy and he is closely aligned and has an extremely close relationship with Putin, hence why he was forced to sell Chelsea.
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #6978 on: October 19, 2022, 11:52:17 am »
I'm British Arab and a lot of my friends were offended at Klopp's comments because it plays into the stereotype of Arab=bad= human rights abuser. I think it's also due to the fact that he ignored Chelsea, United even though both of them outspent City and still continuing to do so. They feel like the west gets judged by a different standard compared to Arabs and other ethnic minorities even though the west have also committed bad things. 

Interesting you mention Chelsea. They used to be (no longer) owned by a Russian (European) oligarch who was using the club for sportswashing/money laundering. But neither I, nor any of my ‘European-British’ friends associated ourselves with Abramovich and were more than happy to criticise him. If Chelsea were still owned by Abramovich, I’m sure Klopp would have included them. Why do you associate yourself with states that are engaged in terrible human rights abuses (and therefore engage in sportswashing) just because you share some heritage? It seems you’re linking ‘sportswashing’ with ‘Arab’ not Klopp.

As for United, they became a massive cash cow under Ferguson and that still brings in massive income. But it’s still limited by commercial revenue unlike state run clubs who manufacture sponsors to pump in cash.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6979 on: October 19, 2022, 11:52:47 am »
Not really sure why lolowalsh is getting so much heat, he merely reported the thoughts of his friends, which demonstrate sportwashing in action.
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #6980 on: October 19, 2022, 11:55:43 am »
He isn't but his money came through Russian kleptocracy and he is closely aligned and has an extremely close relationship with Putin, hence why he was forced to sell Chelsea.

Yes, I know. But I still don't see the use in dragging them into the argument now that they're no longer owned by the oligarch.

Classic deflection.

Deflection? You think I'm deflecting? Why would I do that, I hate Chelsea. Plus, it's just a statement of fact that they're no longer owned by Abramovic so why pick a fight with them. Let's keep the focus on state owned clubs.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #6981 on: October 19, 2022, 11:55:48 am »
He said 'British Arab' unless you're talking about Liz Truss and the Tories, you might want to think about what you have said/assumed there.

yes i did overlook the 'british' in his comment (my bad) but the debate was regarding the running of a arab state owned club and therefore his position on that is still relevant regardless of nationality just as mine is in debating it
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #6982 on: October 19, 2022, 11:56:05 am »
Is there really? I'd love to hear what it is.

As I have stated in previous posts, there is not a Xenophobic bone in Klopp's body, from everything we have seen and heard; especially from his comments yesterday.

In the discussion on here we can and have put things straight on this matter but if you are discussing something with someone, calling them "obtuse" doesn't help clarify anything.

Also, best not to pile in on the guy. Lay out the facts:

"Xenophobia" was a word put out by Man City PR attack dogs.

It is completely UNTRUE. So to get from that to "racism" is 100% false flag.

This is about State Ownership of football clubs and unlimited spending. The Premier league is not prepared to have a serious and far-reaching discussion on that, therefore is allowing deflections like this Klopp nonsense to fill the airwaves.

Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

• Kopite
« Reply #6983 on: October 19, 2022, 11:56:52 am »
Your cover is unraveling like one of Franny Lee's bog rolls...

There is one thing about being bullied and made fun of even though I never disrespected anyone here and neither attacked anyone and just stated what other people think cause someone asked a question. But I won't fucking tolerate baseless accusations of me being an undercover man city fan so fuck off to everyone who think I'm not a Liverpool fan. Mentioning Chelsea is not deflecting, it's a valid concern and I know Klopp only mentioned state owners because he was asked a question about competing against Man City,  but still doesn't change the fact that they are just as bad City.

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #6984 on: October 19, 2022, 11:58:35 am »
He is correct and I agree with him. It's just the political situation in Europe right now is weird after an EU official made the comments about how Europe is a garden and the rest of the world is a jungle which made tensions go high and a lot of people feel like there is an increased xenophobia against Arabs in Europe.

Yeah, that EU Official was a dick for saying that. But Klopp kept his comments strictly about spending. Anything added on to what Klopp said, especially with regards to human rights abuses, is projection.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6985 on: October 19, 2022, 12:00:09 pm »
yes i did overlook the 'british' in his comment (my bad) but the debate was regarding the running of a arab state owned club and therefore his position on that is still relevant regardless of nationality just as mine is in debating it

Asking a British Arab to apologise for 'your' (unspecified) 'authoritarian regime' is, at best, making huge assumption and at worst, well I'm sure you know.......
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6986 on: October 19, 2022, 12:02:15 pm »
There is one thing about being bullied and made fun of even though I never disrespected anyone here and neither attacked anyone and just stated what other people think cause someone asked a question. But I won't fucking tolerate baseless accusations of me being an undercover man city fan so fuck off to everyone who think I'm not a Liverpool fan. Mentioning Chelsea is not deflecting, it's a valid concern and I know Klopp only mentioned state owners because he was asked a question about competing against Man City,  but still doesn't change the fact that they are just as bad City.

No they're not 'just as bad as City'. They've had a Russian gangster in charge in the past, which he no longer is. They now, again on the face of it, have similar owners to ourselves. Just 'spending lots of money' isn't really the point, and its quite clear (whether you're a City fan or not) that you yourself have been 'sportwashed'.

• Kopite
« Reply #6987 on: October 19, 2022, 12:03:15 pm »
Interesting you mention Chelsea. They used to be (no longer) owned by a Russian (European) oligarch who was using the club for sportswashing/money laundering. But neither I, nor any of my ‘European-British’ friends associated ourselves with Abramovich and were more than happy to criticise him. If Chelsea were still owned by Abramovich, I’m sure Klopp would have included them. Why do you associate yourself with states that are engaged in terrible human rights abuses (and therefore engage in sportswashing) just because you share some heritage? It seems you’re linking ‘sportswashing’ with ‘Arab’ not Klopp.

As for United, they became a massive cash cow under Ferguson and that still brings in massive income. But it’s still limited by commercial revenue unlike state run clubs who manufacture sponsors to pump in cash.

I was just explaining the point of view of people who thought Klopp was xenophobic in an answer to someone who posted a question about why people think that way. It wasn't  even my opinion, nor I think Klopp was xenophobic in any shape or form. Heck, I even have every right to hate my heritage/ parents culture after being disowned by my whole family after coming out as gay which is a long story itself.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6988 on: October 19, 2022, 12:04:17 pm »

You done therevwhat City PR did you threw in the word ' Bully' a term that has become a red flag in modern society to place yourself in victim mode.

Your not a City fan....but you do work for their PR firm.

its called taking the piss..very Scouse..very Liverpool,  very Rawk
« Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 12:17:54 pm by FlashingBlade »

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #6990 on: October 19, 2022, 12:04:48 pm »
Asking a British Arab to apologise for 'your' (unspecified) 'authoritarian regime' is, at best, making huge assumption and at worst, well I'm sure you know.......

didn't ask him to apologise for it just to question it - nowt wrong with that

regarding my assumption that he was an arab from the uae was based on the fact that he was upset about what klopp (didn't) say about arab's from the uae so yes i assumed that fair point
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6991 on: October 19, 2022, 12:05:01 pm »

If you had gone through your entire life with the colour of your skin and your cultural background forming the total basis of your identity whether or not you like it, you might find yourself referring to yourself as a "European Brit" more often. This post and the attitude in it is the epitome of white privilege.

I'm 100% with Klopp on this but this type of post is just incredibly ignorant of what people of other races/cultural backgrounds actually experience in their lives.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6992 on: October 19, 2022, 12:06:41 pm »

I don't think you should be bullied either. There is a case where facts have to be laid out regarding Klopp's comments. That is all. On the question of why not mention Chelsea, we also have to be clear. Apart from the fact, he was asked about Man City.

Chelsea's new owner is Todd Boehly, who is part of a consortium who were obliged as part of their takeover deal to spend/invest a certain amount of money in the club - on player transfers and infrastructure. Whether or not they are able to contiue to do this in the future is a matter for speculation but we have never seen American owners of PL teams offering unlimited pots of money; eventually the money gets either taken out the club or comes from club income. As business men and women, at some point the spending of the club will be referenced against what it can earn - that is the missing part at Man City, PSG and Newcastle ----whatever those clubs legitimately earn makes no difference whatsoever to the near unlimited supply of funding from state or Sovreign sources.

I.E Nearly all clubs eventually have to look at their books, whereas others can buy Jack Grealish for £100 million, and leave him on the bench for a laugh and to make the coach happy.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6993 on: October 19, 2022, 12:11:21 pm »
As I have stated in previous posts, there is not a Xenophobic bone in Klopp's body, from everything we have seen and heard; especially from his comments yesterday.

In the discussion on here we can and have put things straight on this matter but if you are discussing something with someone, calling them "obtuse" doesn't help clarify anything.

Also, best not to pile in on the guy. Lay out the facts:

"Xenophobia" was a word put out by Man City PR attack dogs.

It is completely UNTRUE. So to get from that to "racism" is 100% false flag.

This is about State Ownership of football clubs and unlimited spending. The Premier league is not prepared to have a serious and far-reaching discussion on that, therefore is allowing deflections like this Klopp nonsense to fill the airwaves.
Understand your broader stance, but many many responses were laying out the facts. A response is not necessarily a pile on.

Personally, I have my doubts whether it was actually Lolo's mates who were "offended" by Klopps comments. But giving the benefit of the doubt, the question I and others raised was around the point at which they became offended.

Was it when Klopp actually spoke, or was it when Abu Dahbi's PR told them he was being borderline xenophobic? Because it would be a huge leap for anyone to take his comments and come to that conclusion unaided. If the latter, then as others have said, his mates have been well and truly sportswashed.

My other point was whether it was necessary to make the initial post in the first place. The general tone in here is one of disgust at City's antics, and has been since the game finished. So to come in here after seeing the general mood, and to post that his mates were offended is I think naive in the extreme, as all it achieved was to provide some kind of credence to the ridiculous Abu Dhabi PR exercise. Which is what raised some cynicism amongst many. Me included.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6994 on: October 19, 2022, 12:16:16 pm »
Yeah, I know.

And yet I guess also he has illustrated quite perfectly how untruths and lies spread on the internet, from sources to social media to forums, to people's heads sadly.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6995 on: October 19, 2022, 12:16:49 pm »
Understand your broader stance, but many many responses were laying out the facts. A response is not necessarily a pile on.

Personally, I have my doubts whether it was actually Lolo's mates who were "offended" by Klopps comments. But giving the benefit of the doubt, the question I and others raised was around the point at which they became offended.

Was it when Klopp actually spoke, or was it when Abu Dahbi's PR told them he was being borderline xenophobic? Because it would be a huge leap for anyone to take his comments and come to that conclusion unaided. If the latter, then as others have said, his mates have been well and truly sportswashed.

My other point was whether it was necessary to make the initial post in the first place. The general tone in here is one of disgust at City's antics, and has been since the game finished. So to come in here after seeing the general mood, and to post that his mates were offended is I think naive in the extreme, as all it achieved was to provide some kind of credence to the ridiculous Abu Dhabi PR exercise. Which is what raised some cynicism amongst many. Me included.

There are plenty of people who have bought into the xenophobia line, why is it unrealistic to think lolowalsh has mates that were. All they were trying to do was set out why people might feel that way and the feelings that City and Abu Dhabi are exploiting as part of their sportswashing project. I don't think there is anything wrong with him doing that and I don't think he should be getting shit for it.
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #6996 on: October 19, 2022, 12:20:59 pm »
One could say the club got off relatively easy, but at least Chelsea's sportwashing antics and Abramanovic's role in it was put under the spotlight and he was ousted as a result, and now Chelsea is just a corporate-run club. The three state-run clubs haven't had the (deserved) scrutiny and are very much still sportwashing entities.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6997 on: October 19, 2022, 12:21:28 pm »
Some shite being talked  here.

Klopp should have responded " xenophobic!!?...I cant even play the piano never mind the xylophone!"

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #6998 on: October 19, 2022, 12:24:00 pm »
I'm British Arab and a lot of my friends were offended at Klopp's comments because it plays into the stereotype of Arab=bad= human rights abuser. I think it's also due to the fact that he ignored Chelsea, United even though both of them outspent City and still continuing to do so. They feel like the west gets judged by a different standard compared to Arabs and other ethnic minorities even though the west have also committed bad things.
nope.

I have connections into the Arab world. It's not 'just a lazy stereotype' - the Saudi regime is and has been a despicable one for decades.

You are constrained by your upbringing - you should be out there on the streets protesting those despotic rulers.

The ultimate irony is that Klopp said nothing about Arabs - he spoke only about state funded clubs.

Ultimately the football fraternity should have clear rules in place to exclude ANY state from owning a football club - that's what national teams are for.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #6999 on: October 19, 2022, 12:24:17 pm »

You shouldn't have to mate. God knows I've not agreed with some of your posts about the team and players, or your style of posting, but you've not really said anything wrong in this thread.

On the contrary you've been pretty measured and respectful. It's (almost) everyone else who have jumped the gun and responded histrionically to you - as always seems to happen with these kinds of topics - and joined in a pile-on and made the last few pages a shit-show.

This why good-faith discussion is impossible on the internet nowadays. Nobody ever wants to hear anything that is not phrased exactly as they would phrase it. Even though it's clear that your views almost exactly match the views of everyone who has piled-in on you, they still did it.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D