Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 966729 times)

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #6840 on: October 9, 2022, 03:11:18 pm »
Jurgen Klopp: Liverpool boss rejects claim his management creates a seven-year cycle

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has rejected the claim that Liverpool's poor form is down to his management style creating a seven-year cycle.

Saturday marked the seven-year anniversary of the German's appointment as successor to Brendan Rodgers.

At Klopp's two previous jobs with Mainz and Borussia Dortmund he failed to make it to an eighth season.

"The situation was really different. A seven-year spell was not planned or because I lost energy," Klopp said.

"I was a manager at Mainz and, after three years, we got promoted to the Bundesliga then three years later we got relegated.

"We tried one more year and the club needed a change, players left us for the Bundesliga so they needed a fresh start."

Of his time with Dortmund, he added: "I went directly to Dortmund and it was all fine. [It was] seven years and it was just a situation that players constantly got bought by other clubs.

"It was a really hard job to do, constantly making two steps back."

In Klopp's final campaign at Dortmund the club were in the relegation zone at Christmas before recovering to finish seventh.

After a poor start to this season in which the Reds drew four and lost once in their first seven matches, comparisons were made on social media.

However, Klopp said: "I can understand that I left after seven years and now we are in a difficult situation, but, if you think twice about it, you realise the situation is completely different."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63186639
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #6841 on: October 12, 2022, 01:43:01 pm »
Well, we know what he thinks of his fellow countryman Didi Hamman now
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #6842 on: October 12, 2022, 01:59:20 pm »
The 7-year thing is clearly derived from Mourinho's much publicised 3-year cycle before his teams struggle (or he explodes).

At least with that example there was some decent evidence of a regular pattern (Porto, Chelsea, Inter, Real, Chelsea, Utd, Spurs). But 7 years is a lifetime in football, and to suggest that the 7th season is always a step too far for Jurgen is pretty desperate journalism.

There were similar rumblings in Spring 2021 when we lost all those home games, and Jurgen was under pressure to find solutions. We then went on a 10-game unbeaten run and finished 3rd, and then almost won the quadruple last year.

Jurgen will prove his doubters wrong again I'm sure, as his methods and template clearly work, but it might need some patience and pain to get there - both of which have seemingly low thresholds for some of our fans.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6843 on: October 12, 2022, 02:09:29 pm »
I am sure there would not be any similar talk if he was managing City (a team who can buy anyone for any funds)

I am also sure Guardiola would not perform as Klopp in Mainz, BVB, or Liverpool for example...

we should look at the bigger picture and ask who is responsible for the situation we are in right now.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 02:12:07 pm by PIPA23 »

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6844 on: October 12, 2022, 02:10:27 pm »
The 7-year thing is clearly derived from Mourinho's much publicised 3-year cycle before his teams struggle (or he explodes).

At least with that example there was some decent evidence of a regular pattern (Porto, Chelsea, Inter, Real, Chelsea, Utd, Spurs). But 7 years is a lifetime in football, and to suggest that the 7th season is always a step too far for Jurgen is pretty desperate journalism.

There were similar rumblings in Spring 2021 when we lost all those home games, and Jurgen was under pressure to find solutions. We then went on a 10-game unbeaten run and finished 3rd, and then almost won the quadruple last year.

Jurgen will prove his doubters wrong again I'm sure, as his methods and template clearly work, but it might need some patience and pain to get there - both of which have seemingly low thresholds for some of our fans.

He’s the best manager in the world, I’ve never seen a manager who can with no connection to the club and in such a short time connect and inspire a fan base like he has, there is an issue at the moment with the club but Jurgen isn’t it, he deserves medals for competing with city on such an unlevel playing field.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #6845 on: October 12, 2022, 02:53:47 pm »
again the 7 year thing is so ridiculous simply because no other top class manager stays so long at clubs - because they get sacked, or wear out their welcome far sooner, so they use something that is almost unique at this level as a stick to beat him with. There is little in common with the situations at his other clubs and this.

Well, we know what he thinks of his fellow countryman Didi Hamman now

;D  Hamann deserved it too, the prick. 

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6846 on: October 12, 2022, 06:59:26 pm »
Not sure if this has been asked before and probably the answer is obvious but what do you guys think is his biggest achievement so far? The Premier league with 2 runner ups or one CL with 2 runner ups?

Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Offline MPowerYNWA

• Kopite
« Reply #6847 on: October 12, 2022, 07:02:04 pm »
Klopp is untouchable in my book - I hope he stays for many years to come.

I’m confident he could rebuild a winning team many times over - just needs time and financial backing.

Offline LFC_NCL

• Main Stander
« Reply #6848 on: October 12, 2022, 07:09:47 pm »
Klopp has unlimited credit with me as far as im concerned. And trust him to know when enough is enough when that day comes, but this is all insanity, the guy is allowed one bad start. Media and rivals all losing their minds and i dont think we've been that bad, just sloppy at the worst possible times. We can talk about comparisons, and trophy counts with other legends who managed us, but for this generation, its as close to a Shankly type revamp of the club as it could get, and the football to compliment it has been some of the best any of us have seen from any era. Im gonna be gutted when the day comes that he leaves, but hopefully leaves us a 'Bootroom' to take into the future

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6849 on: October 12, 2022, 07:14:59 pm »
Not sure if this has been asked before and probably the answer is obvious but what do you guys think is his biggest achievement so far? The Premier league with 2 runner ups or one CL with 2 runner ups?

What he’s managed to do as a whole in the fact of competing against sportswashers is his greatest achievement. It’s incredible.

But if you to pick one, LFC hadn’t won a league in 30 years, so that likely tops it.

Although to be honest, he could have ‘only’ won the league or the CL, and he’d still have absolute legend status, because it’s far more than just what happens on the pitch, it’s about the understanding he has of the culture of the club, and as importantly the city and it’s people - just  ‘getting’ Liverpool, and being a thoroughly good man, that does it more than anything.

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6850 on: October 12, 2022, 07:21:30 pm »
Klopp is untouchable in my book - I hope he stays for many years to come.

I’m confident he could rebuild a winning team many times over - just needs time and financial backing.

Yeah, about that ……..

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6851 on: October 12, 2022, 07:42:41 pm »
PL with 2 runner ups. To get anywhere near a City side playing Championship Manager with all the cheats turned on is incredible.

Offline dai_bonehead

• Kopite
« Reply #6852 on: October 12, 2022, 08:52:02 pm »

Offline Red Giant

• da red giant asshole
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #6853 on: October 15, 2022, 12:06:26 am »
Jürgen is just incredible. He has a way of telling things as they are and making them easy to understand even though English is not his native language.
Just watch the City pre-match presser and how he handles those questions about spending power while also pointing at the media for their silence despite knowing everything.
This man has been trying to enlighten the whole English football spectre for 7 years and very little has changed regarding player protection, FFP, refereeing standard, or anything that makes football a sport to be exact.
Every other fanbase is sick of him for making 'excuses' just after a game or before a game but little do most people understand, or maybe they do but don't want to because he manages Liverpool.
The important thing is that WE do and we will not forget what he has done for this club and for football in general, long after he's gone.

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6854 on: October 15, 2022, 06:20:42 am »
Klopp has unlimited credit with me as far as im concerned. And trust him to know when enough is enough when that day comes, but this is all insanity, the guy is allowed one bad start. Media and rivals all losing their minds and i dont think we've been that bad, just sloppy at the worst possible times. We can talk about comparisons, and trophy counts with other legends who managed us, but for this generation, its as close to a Shankly type revamp of the club as it could get, and the football to compliment it has been some of the best any of us have seen from any era. Im gonna be gutted when the day comes that he leaves, but hopefully leaves us a 'Bootroom' to take into the future

Football as a sport is detached from all form of reality which is why you get these extreme reactions all the time. It is run by brainless morons who are only interested in money, and is a game that turns the fans from being normal people in day to day life to incredibly dim, one sided deranged individuals. The press and pundits are mainly ex footballers so are the dimmest of the lot. It all adds up to this money obsessed clown show we have today.

Of course Klopp is untouchable. There are no better managers, even thinking he should be replaced for one second would imply insanity.
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6855 on: October 15, 2022, 10:09:35 am »
Superb by Klopp, no other manager will call it out.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #6856 on: October 15, 2022, 10:16:32 am »
managers know what they're getting into - fanatical supporters, the fact that the game is run by and on big money, awkward owners, injuries, transfers, form, luck etc

they don't step in and think 'fuckin el what's all this?' - they know the shit can sometimes hit the fan (no, not that 'fan')

so they can deal with that - they can deal with the biased press - they can deal with injuries and unsuccessful transfers and players not signing

but what is out of their control is the owners and the part they play in a manager's reign

and the fans - yes, us lot, never mind losing the dressing room, when you lose the terraces then you've got problems

by all means as fans we should always question the direction and running of our great club, but there are too many 'fans' punching below the belt here and who have already forgotten the great football, the great signings and the great trophies this man has given us

roll with the punches will yers and give the man the respect he deserves

i hope when he does decide to leave then it is on his own terms and it is after a season when he has brought us another trophy for us to be proud of
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #6857 on: October 15, 2022, 10:58:33 am »

There is simply nobody else in football like him, in my opinion the biggest LFC legend in our history...on and off the pitch.

Klopp's got brains, talent, humour and personality, a stand out beacon in a football world of ignorant  miserable thick fuckers.

He's also go the bollocks to take stuff like FFP on, while other shithouse people in the game shy away from it.

Those people, shamefully include his fellow professional Managers, a fuckin disgrace the lot of them.

Love this fella, so proud he's one of us, he's untouchable in my book too (no matter what happens on the pitch this season)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 11:00:26 am by mikeb58 »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6858 on: October 15, 2022, 11:07:08 am »
He's untouchable. As long as he's got the desire and determination to go on, I'll back him.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #6859 on: October 15, 2022, 11:27:14 am »

Love this fella, so proud he's one of us, he's untouchable in my book too (no matter what happens on the pitch this season)

Same here.

Wouldn’t you just love to have a few pints with him! I bet we all would.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6860 on: October 15, 2022, 12:11:10 pm »
The amount of shit he has got for making this statement is mind boggling. A lot of football fans really are fucking idiots.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #6862 on: October 15, 2022, 12:15:17 pm »
The amount of shit he has got for making this statement is mind boggling. A lot of football fans really are fucking idiots.

It's in the main because of the club he manages.

Offline nerdster4

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6863 on: October 15, 2022, 12:16:55 pm »
His comments are true . However he knew what he was getting himself into . Hé has had a similar dynamic in Germany . He tends to prefer to manage the sleeping giant rather than the juggernaut. That comes with extra kudos , but extra heartache

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6864 on: October 15, 2022, 12:19:15 pm »

From who?

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #6865 on: October 15, 2022, 12:24:30 pm »
From who?

It'll be fans of other clubs.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #6866 on: October 15, 2022, 01:03:45 pm »
Potter won't because it's Chelsea. Arteta won't because of his Guardiola connection. It says a lot about the other managers when the head of La Liga is more vocal about City and PSG than anyone in the Premier League.

I see no reason that other managers can't start to emphasise the imbalance - they don't have to use the word cheats, FFP, or anything else. They just need to be a strong manager like Jurgen and call it out for what it is - having to compete against a club that have no ceiling in their spending. He's even sown the seeds of solidarity by saying 'other clubs have ceilings'. He's opened the door - they just need to have the balls to step through it.

Nothing will happen until either a whistleblower (or an outlet like Der Spiegel) find indisputable (and in-date) evidence that leads to a conviction, or the Premier league/FA/UEFA start to feel the heat of media pressure (and the damage to their brands). Unfortunately most pundits and managers are gutless cowards who won't deviate from the script or boundaries of their employers, rather than being brave and defending the integrity of the game that gave them a lucrative career.

I wonder if Jurgen will be tempted to stay on with us if he gets an indication Guardiola will leave in the next few years. There's no doubt for me its the combination of obscene spending plus Guardiola's obsessive attention to detail that has made them so consistent. Once Pep goes, there's a possibility they revert to the City of 2009-2015 which still won trophies but was nowhere near as ruthless.

I didn't think I could admire Jurgen any more, but after that interview it's gone up another notch. What a man.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 01:15:18 pm by keyop »
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #6867 on: October 15, 2022, 05:26:01 pm »
Potter won't because it's Chelsea. Arteta won't because of his Guardiola connection. It says a lot about the other managers when the head of La Liga is more vocal about City and PSG than anyone in the Premier League.

I see no reason that other managers can't start to emphasise the imbalance - they don't have to use the word cheats, FFP, or anything else. They just need to be a strong manager like Jurgen and call it out for what it is - having to compete against a club that have no ceiling in their spending. He's even sown the seeds of solidarity by saying 'other clubs have ceilings'. He's opened the door - they just need to have the balls to step through it.

Nothing will happen until either a whistleblower (or an outlet like Der Spiegel) find indisputable (and in-date) evidence that leads to a conviction, or the Premier league/FA/UEFA start to feel the heat of media pressure (and the damage to their brands). Unfortunately most pundits and managers are gutless cowards who won't deviate from the script or boundaries of their employers, rather than being brave and defending the integrity of the game that gave them a lucrative career.

I wonder if Jurgen will be tempted to stay on with us if he gets an indication Guardiola will leave in the next few years. There's no doubt for me its the combination of obscene spending plus Guardiola's obsessive attention to detail that has made them so consistent. Once Pep goes, there's a possibility they revert to the City of 2009-2015 which still won trophies but was nowhere near as ruthless.

I didn't think I could admire Jurgen any more, but after that interview it's gone up another notch. What a man.

Why are you labelling Managers and pundits as gutless cowards, yet completely ignoring the owners of the none state owned clubs. They are the ones who should stand up and call out the sport washers. Unfortunately, the gutless, cowardly owners will just keep quiet whilst the sports washers make them richer.   
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #6868 on: October 15, 2022, 05:36:17 pm »

The League, and the 2 runners-up positions, especially the first one which would have won the league in something like 109 out of 113 previous league seasons or something.
But anyway, yeah, the League.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6869 on: October 15, 2022, 05:49:09 pm »
Why are you labelling Managers and pundits as gutless cowards, yet completely ignoring the owners of the none state owned clubs. They are the ones who should stand up and call out the sport washers. Unfortunately, the gutless, cowardly owners will just keep quiet whilst the sports washers make them richer.

And many of those same owners want(ed) to be involved in a superleague with sportswashers. So yeah, whole thing is a shit show.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6870 on: October 15, 2022, 05:50:12 pm »
We're technically still in the ESL too.  :D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6871 on: October 16, 2022, 06:28:48 pm »
I'm a dickhead who got pissed off at Kloppo today.

I know know nothing, please forgive me Jurgen.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #6872 on: October 16, 2022, 06:29:31 pm »

I think more people owe Milner an apology.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6873 on: October 16, 2022, 06:30:06 pm »
Klopp did right.

Cheating twats

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6874 on: October 16, 2022, 06:30:41 pm »

:P

some even bigger dickhead said he made stupid decisions, quite a few needed to calm the fuck down in that pre-match thread with the Kloppo slander  >:(

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #6875 on: October 16, 2022, 06:31:33 pm »
I think more people owe Milner an apology.

Too right, too many disrespectful comments came Milner's way today. I am glad he put them in their place.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #6876 on: October 16, 2022, 06:32:14 pm »
Absolutely deserved to go mental at the refs! They were shambolic.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6877 on: October 16, 2022, 06:32:36 pm »
I hope he mentions why are Manchester based Refs are doing games with teams from Manchester
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #6878 on: October 16, 2022, 06:33:49 pm »
Hope he goes nuts in the post match conference. Taylor was a fucking disgrace.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #6879 on: October 16, 2022, 06:36:01 pm »
Too right, too many disrespectful comments came Milner's way today. I am glad he put them in their place.
Even if milner had a mare of a game he doesn't deserve any abuse. Not going to call him a legend , but he's been a stalwart of the club and a major contributor to our recent highs. He'll always give 100% on the pitch and in training. He's doing what his boss asked in times of trouble. Can't ask for more. If his body is letting him down, that's not good fault.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.