Author Topic: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)  (Read 24851 times)

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)
« Reply #360 on: September 10, 2020, 01:31:02 pm »
Will stay away from this one. Unlimited sprint and flying..I’m too old for that shit!

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #361 on: September 10, 2020, 01:33:56 pm »
There isn’t flying is there?
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: September 10, 2020, 10:55:49 pm »
I meant the jumping. My point is that the slower pace of Cod4 and Modern Warfare 2019 was perfect for me.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #363 on: September 11, 2020, 12:17:50 am »
I meant the jumping. My point is that the slower pace of Cod4 and Modern Warfare 2019 was perfect for me.
I posted videos on the other thread.

But yeah from the videos its very fast paced because of the Treyarch style.

A lot of sliding and jump shots in those videos like bo4 style, seems the TTK is not 150, it's pretty much insta deaths like MW.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #364 on: September 11, 2020, 08:42:46 am »
From what I can tell, the maps look bigger and you have more health. You also can't drop shot. Spawns look better. That to me says the pace won't be as frantic.

At the moment you have to sprint around and can be killed without even moving when you spawn.

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: September 11, 2020, 09:52:12 am »
From what I can tell, the maps look bigger and you have more health. You also can't drop shot. Spawns look better. That to me says the pace won't be as frantic.

At the moment you have to sprint around and can be killed without even moving when you spawn.
Yeah i saw a video done by Driftor, where he says dropshots don't work to good in this game, something about no ADS or along those lines making it useless.

Deffo seen the jump shot used a lot in the videos, and it looks like the exact same as BO4 height wise, no one hardly dropshot in BO4 anyway, probably why Treyarch made it useless in Cold War.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline aka_da_saus

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • follow me on twitter @aka_da_saus
« Reply #366 on: November 21, 2020, 06:03:47 pm »
Anyone else getting the ‘ can’t start game or app. To start the game or app using this disc , delete the game or the app from your ps5 and then insert the disc again “ message on ps5 ? Tried 3 times now deleting and re installing and nothing happening
we hate nottingham forest
we hate everton 2 THERE SHIT
we hate man united
but liverpool we love u
all together now

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: November 21, 2020, 06:06:48 pm »
Anyone else getting the ‘ can’t start game or app. To start the game or app using this disc , delete the game or the app from your ps5 and then insert the disc again “ message on ps5 ? Tried 3 times now deleting and re installing and nothing happening
PS5 backwards compatibility seems very hit and miss from what I have seen posted around the Internet

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: November 21, 2020, 06:10:01 pm »

You need to download all the add ons for modern warfare. Press the options button and go to manage game content. If you only play warzone then just download Warzone off the store as it will take up less room but seems like there is an issue identifying licenses with MW if you don't have all the add on content installed for the disc version.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 06:14:01 pm by naYoRHa2b »

Offline aka_da_saus

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • follow me on twitter @aka_da_saus
« Reply #369 on: November 21, 2020, 07:19:10 pm »
Ok thanks
we hate nottingham forest
we hate everton 2 THERE SHIT
we hate man united
but liverpool we love u
all together now

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: November 25, 2020, 07:26:05 pm »
6 days off work and got the urge for some FPS action.  It's been a while.

Been told this has a great single player campaign.  So used a CeX voucher I've had lying around for ages and ordered it for me PS4.  Collect tomorrow £22

Last COD I played was COD4:MW.  The one with the "All Ghillied Up" mission featuring a younger Cpt Price (Then Lt Price).

Looking forward to it. :)

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: November 25, 2020, 07:47:05 pm »
6 days off work and got the urge for some FPS action.  It's been a while.

Been told this has a great single player campaign.  So used a CeX voucher I've had lying around for ages and ordered it for me PS4.  Collect tomorrow £22

Last COD I played was COD4:MW.  The one with the "All Ghillied Up" mission featuring a younger Cpt Price (Then Lt Price).

Looking forward to it. :)
Welcome back. This (MW2019) was my first COD in many many years and I enjoyed it a lot.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: May 8, 2021, 05:30:40 pm »
Finally got around to playing this last few days and am 2 missions away from completing my first run through on the campaign.

Really enjoyed the missions but must admit I've found it just a bit too easy on 'Regular' difficulty ("your abilities in combat will be tested"). 

Definitely going to have a go on 'Hardened' then 'Veteran' as game completion on Veteran is a trophy requirement.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: May 10, 2021, 11:50:22 am »
Man! That DP-12 Incendiary Shotgun in the last mission is ace fun :)

First run through completed.  Really enjoyed this campaign.

There's a great bit where a terrorist leaps out of a doorway and Capt. Price takes him down by hand.  He then screams "Fuck off!" at the dead man. :)

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: May 13, 2021, 10:29:24 am »
Anyone else have issues with the 1.36 patch?  Its totally fucked this for me.

I was playing the campaign on Veteran happily last night and it kept prompting me to install the 1.36 patch, which I did.  I then got stuck in the dreaded "copying add-on" loop which appears to effect many many PS4 users.

SO, after thoroughly cleaning the disk (made no difference), I deleted the game and rebuilt the Database.  This seemed to sort it.  Loaded the disc back in and all looked good.  I then get a message saying I can't play the game without updating to 1.36.  Its now going through the process of downloading the fucking 80GB update file which will take 21 hours according to the download counter.

I just know once its installed I will get the same issue again.

Only had 2 mission left to get Platinum :no

As far as i can see my save files are still there in storage

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: May 13, 2021, 11:56:28 am »
Anyone else have issues with the 1.36 patch?  Its totally fucked this for me.

I was playing the campaign on Veteran happily last night and it kept prompting me to install the 1.36 patch, which I did.  I then got stuck in the dreaded "copying add-on" loop which appears to effect many many PS4 users.

SO, after thoroughly cleaning the disk (made no difference), I deleted the game and rebuilt the Database.  This seemed to sort it.  Loaded the disc back in and all looked good.  I then get a message saying I can't play the game without updating to 1.36.  Its now going through the process of downloading the fucking 80GB update file which will take 21 hours according to the download counter.

I just know once its installed I will get the same issue again.

Only had 2 mission left to get Platinum :no

As far as i can see my save files are still there in storage

If it's only the campaign can't you disconnect your PS4 temporarily from the internet and play it? Maybe you wouldn't get the prompt to download the update? Or is it fucked because they patched the campaign as well?

I had a similar problem with the PS5 version, I had to go the game installs on the options (within Modern Warfare) and under general and install the compatability and campaign packs from there.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: May 13, 2021, 12:11:16 pm »
If it's only the campaign can't you disconnect your PS4 temporarily from the internet and play it? Maybe you wouldn't get the prompt to download the update? Or is it fucked because they patched the campaign as well?

I had a similar problem with the PS5 version, I had to go the game installs on the options (within Modern Warfare) and under general and install the compatability and campaign packs from there.

No mate.  When i fired up the game again after deleting it etc, I initially had the internet totally disabled.

It would not let me play campaign without updating.  So connected PS4 to internet and it started downloading 1.36.

Yes I read about the campaign packs.  I think this is where I had issues the first time I installed 1.36.  I had to download the campaign pack to play the campaign and it never worked after that.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 12:12:58 pm by Buck Pete »

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: May 13, 2021, 01:01:53 pm »
Rumours they won't be a new CoD this year, but instead a remastered MW2 multiplayer game.

It's my all time favourite CoD, maps, weapons, perks, kill streaks were perfect.

But you just know if it happens the Godly Famas and M16 won't be a one burst kill guns the Ump45 and ACR will be nerfed and it will be insta death ,no Ninja perk and SBMM will be strong. :-\
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 01:20:48 pm by RedSince86 »

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: May 13, 2021, 01:04:52 pm »
Rumours they won't be a new CoD this year, but instead a remastered MW2 multiplayer game.

It's my all time favourite CoD, maps, weapons, perks, kill streaks were perfect.

But you just know if it happens the Godly Famas and M16 won't be a one burst kill guns the Ump45 and ACR will be nerfed and it will be insta death ,no Ninja perk and SBMM. :-\
IF that happens, my nerdgasm will be one for the ages. FAL was my go to weapon. Also ran a lot Danger Close/RPG/Scavanger just to see the fewm. Good times.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: May 13, 2021, 01:20:05 pm »
IF that happens, my nerdgasm will be one for the ages. FAL was my go to weapon. Also ran a lot Danger Close/RPG/Scavanger just to see the fewm. Good times.
Yes on the Danger close perk, used to be a squad of us that would run Javelin or RPG danger close and One Man Army, or running Commando Lightweight and Marathon and just be knifing, epic fewmming in lobbies after games ended, we emptied lobbies quite a lot. ;D

If they would make it exactly like MW2, and not touch the health and no SBMM then this game would rejuvenate the CoD community that are pretty much pissed off right now the last 2 years of SBMM and dumbing CoD down.

Never had so much fun on any multiplayer than MW2.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: May 14, 2021, 01:44:25 pm »

Finally got it sorted thanks to YouTube nerds.

I “restored PS4 licences” from settings>account management as well as meticulously cleaning the disk like I’ve never cleaned a disk before.

The campaign add-ons and compatibility packs all finished installing and the campaign is once again available on the updated 1.36 version with all my previous safe files available.

I’m so happy :)

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: May 14, 2021, 01:55:26 pm »
Finally got it sorted thanks to YouTube nerds.

I “restored PS4 licences” from settings>account management as well as meticulously cleaning the disk like I’ve never cleaned a disk before.

The campaign add-ons and compatibility packs all finished installing and the campaign is once again available on the updated 1.36 version with all my previous safe files available.

I’m so happy :)

Good stuff mate. You can crack on and get that platinum now!

I had considered it myself but remembered there was a big fucker part way through the game that comes at you properly armoured up and with a mini gun so I thought sod that!   ;D

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: May 14, 2021, 02:19:48 pm »
Good stuff mate. You can crack on and get that platinum now!

I had considered it myself but remembered there was a big fucker part way through the game that comes at you properly armoured up and with a mini gun so I thought sod that!   ;D

Juggernaut

Yeah he was tough even on regular

Gonna try and get to him armed with an RPG or grenade launcher.

Offline Andy_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #383 on: May 14, 2021, 02:53:41 pm »

But you just know if it happens the Godly Famas and M16 won't be a one burst kill guns the Ump45 and ACR will be nerfed and it will be insta death ,no Ninja perk and SBMM will be strong. :-\

Sorry to be pissing on chips...

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-05-05-activision-commits-to-autumn-2021-for-sledgehammers-ww2-call-of-duty-game

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: May 16, 2021, 12:16:16 pm »
Omg Sledgehammer again after the clusterfuck of their last game.

WW2 weapons in Warzone will feel odd in a modern setting.

Scraping the barrel going back to a WW2 game as well.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: May 16, 2021, 03:07:40 pm »
Omg Sledgehammer again after the clusterfuck of their last game.

WW2 weapons in Warzone will feel odd in a modern setting.

Scraping the barrel going back to a WW2 game as well.

I disagree.

WW2 was a refreshing change from a stream of COD games where people were running up walls shooting the most ridiculous of weapons.

Offline Andy_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #387 on: May 17, 2021, 02:23:50 pm »
I disagree.

WW2 was a refreshing change from a stream of COD games where people were running up walls shooting the most ridiculous of weapons.

I agree with this in theory, Advanced Warfare/Black Ops3/Infinite Warfare were hard to take. However all the issues were in the execution of WW2.  It was a buggy shit show at launch and the maps were scarce, boring to play and boring to look at.  I was excited at the prospect of a WW2 CoD and was disappointed.

I believe there have been big changes at Sledgehammer since then, and they did provide additional content for Modern Warfare, so lets hope they have learned something?  Game studios do have the capacity to evolve and improve - the example of Infinity Ward going from MW3 to the poor Ghosts to the appalling Infinite Warfare back up to the generally good MW219 is an example.  Lets hope for the best!

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: June 13, 2022, 10:49:46 am »
Jumped back into this game early last week and haven't touched Warzone since, been having a blast.

My early gripe on release was the fact dead silence wasn't a perk and the notorious camping and quick TTK, but playing it 2 years later it's a non issue, it's a brilliant well polished multiplayer.

Some fantastic 6 v 6 maps that are just fantastic fun.

I think going forward I'll be playing MW2 and not Warzone, I just miss the constant mayhem of multiplayer.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 10:52:17 am by RedSince86 »

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: June 22, 2022, 10:16:43 am »
Jumped back into this game early last week and haven't touched Warzone since, been having a blast.

My early gripe on release was the fact dead silence wasn't a perk and the notorious camping and quick TTK, but playing it 2 years later it's a non issue, it's a brilliant well polished multiplayer.

Some fantastic 6 v 6 maps that are just fantastic fun.

I think going forward I'll be playing MW2 and not Warzone, I just miss the constant mayhem of multiplayer.

In the Halcyon days of the pandemic I was putting 12-15 hours a day into Warzone. Loved Verdansk, loved Rebirth - but now being back in the office fulltime and with a 6 month old I rarely get time to play. Warzone and Rebirth are just full of sweats and hackers.

Vanguard, BOCW and MW multiplayer are actually decent to play and good gaming. I'm intrigued to see how MW2 and Warzone 2 are
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: June 22, 2022, 10:31:24 am »
In the Halcyon days of the pandemic I was putting 12-15 hours a day into Warzone. Loved Verdansk, loved Rebirth - but now being back in the office fulltime and with a 6 month old I rarely get time to play. Warzone and Rebirth are just full of sweats and hackers.

Vanguard, BOCW and MW multiplayer are actually decent to play and good gaming. I'm intrigued to see how MW2 and Warzone 2 are
Rebirth map is going, season 4 next week will be a new map that is 3 x bigger called Fortune's Keep.

They'll also be adding  Storage Town on Caldera now and the Downtown part has bridges to link all the buildings.

To avoid hackers is turning off Crossplay I always found, I'm not sure if Xbox users have that option?

MW2 will be my staple for CoD if the MP lives up to the hype.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 10:39:11 am by RedSince86 »

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: June 22, 2022, 11:06:56 am »
Rebirth map will still be in rotation throughout the season just not for the first week or two. So we will have 3 maps in total.

Pre-ordered MW2, it's only 60 quid on Amazon and shopto for the next gen version.

Offline Thehunter1978

• Anny Roader
« Reply #392 on: June 22, 2022, 10:40:55 pm »
Not feeling this new Fortune's Keep map, far too many rooms and nooks and crannies for people to sit in. You just have no idea who's shooting you half the time

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: June 24, 2022, 01:22:47 pm »
Rebirth map is going, season 4 next week will be a new map that is 3 x bigger called Fortune's Keep.

They'll also be adding  Storage Town on Caldera now and the Downtown part has bridges to link all the buildings.

To avoid hackers is turning off Crossplay I always found, I'm not sure if Xbox users have that option?

MW2 will be my staple for CoD if the MP lives up to the hype.

You can turn it off to good effect in Multiplayer - but for Warzone its fiddly and a pain in the arse and my mates play on Playstation - just needs an option to exclude PC players
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: July 18, 2022, 07:46:57 pm »
Swagg mentioned on his Twitch that after playing MW2, slide cancelling is out of the game, one of the project leads at Raven also mentioned  at weekend it's because people are breaking controllers more frequently abusing the game mechanic so it's been taken out.

Hopefully infinite sprint is brought back which was amazing in BO4.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 08:34:34 pm by RedSince86 »

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #395 on: July 18, 2022, 09:53:32 pm »
That's balls, I like slide cancelling.  It's another way to increase skill gap (I'm a shite plater but I have decent enough movement as I learned how to SC well).  I find myself automatically pressing the buttons when playing other shooters  ;D

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #396 on: July 19, 2022, 10:42:05 pm »
Swagg mentioned on his Twitch that after playing MW2, slide cancelling is out of the game, one of the project leads at Raven also mentioned  at weekend it's because people are breaking controllers more frequently abusing the game mechanic so it's been taken out.

Hopefully infinite sprint is brought back which was amazing in BO4.

I've gone through a fair few dualsense controllers already with stick drift, and I'm pretty sure it's because of slide cancelling on COD so much.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: July 23, 2022, 09:50:34 am »
Shoothouse 24/7 is amazing, that map is a amazing fun for HQs Domination and Hardpoint, just a perfect map.