Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2820242 times)

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World
« Reply #23200 on: June 22, 2022, 12:11:45 am »
Salah to Newcastle might not be a possibility so soon, but I don't think it is an impossible scenario as some here think it is. And this has nothing to do with Newcastle, but because of the Saudi ownership, who have significant political and economic influence in Egypt. Whether or not they can influence Salah right away, but I am sure they must be in his agent's ear, who seems a quite the douchebag. I wouldn't be surprised if Salah ends up at Newcastle in future. It would be quite the coup in Arab world.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #23201 on: June 22, 2022, 12:28:05 am »
I know this is stating the obvious, but what makes it more difficult for us is that, were he to leave on a free, his new club would feel justified in paying him a huge signing fee (say £50m) as they save having to pay a transfer fee.

Over a 4 year contract, that's £250k/week before you even get to the wages.

This is why I hate Bosmans.

(nearly missed auto-correct changing 'Bosmans' to 'Bosnians', which would have made the post pretty random)

We'd have understood. No need to Pjanic.

Offline anandg_lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #23202 on: June 22, 2022, 12:43:37 am »
Wont be surprised if salah heads in the same direction as mane. Bayern will definitely match his wage expectations.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #23203 on: June 22, 2022, 12:45:01 am »
Wont be surprised if salah heads in the same direction as mane. Bayern will definitely match his wage expectations.

70% of Congolese would hate this.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23204 on: June 22, 2022, 12:49:00 am »
I think most of us are sick of the contract saga now. More likely then not Salah will leave on a free next summer. Unless he drops his wage demands. We have made some good signings this summer but still this is getting overshadowed, distracted by Salah, unless things change, all the talk next season will be about his bloody contract. Journos, pundits, klopp keep being asked about it in press conferences.

I am no fan of the press but they are well within their rights to ask about it and quite frankly we shouldnt feel sorry for the club or Klopp for having to answer them. They clearly are fine with the situation and if they are fine about it, then they cant claim to be annoyed by it afterwards.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23205 on: June 22, 2022, 03:04:57 am »

Haha. Mane and Salah will never play together again (competitively).

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #23206 on: June 22, 2022, 07:07:04 am »
I am no fan of the press but they are well within their rights to ask about it and quite frankly we shouldnt feel sorry for the club or Klopp for having to answer them. They clearly are fine with the situation

Not sure we can be certain of this. Klopp I think can be professional and astute and doesn't have to be hearts on sleeve over anything. Or maybe he's realistic.

I dunno, Mo is gonna leave sometime. I don't know what you all have to talk about  :D

But it's obvious the press ask for the good of the press, same old rigmarole - get some words to print,keep asking for that big story, we have clicks to sell

Fuck siding with the press, I reckon. If Klopp is actually alright with it -I agree it looks like he's coping - then let's feed off his sense of his security.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23207 on: June 22, 2022, 07:42:19 am »
Personally for me and a lot of people i know the cost of living crisis is really beginning to hurt and i find my patience really beginning to wear thin with a lot of these footballers wage demands. I'm sorry but you are being offered millions per year to play the game you love and it's still not enough for some reason. Fucked off with the whole thing now to be honest.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23208 on: June 22, 2022, 07:51:48 am »
I am no fan of the press but they are well within their rights to ask about it and quite frankly we shouldnt feel sorry for the club or Klopp for having to answer them. They clearly are fine with the situation and if they are fine about it, then they cant claim to be annoyed by it afterwards.

How are they fine with it, they have been trying to get him to extend for some time now, but he wont.  as for him leaving on a free, we cant make him leave, now for a fee, its upto Salah who has a contract and has stated his decision not to leave this year.  The club are not in control, so not sure how you can conclude they ate fine with it.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23209 on: June 22, 2022, 08:36:09 am »
When do we get to start calling Mo a c*nt.......?  ;)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23210 on: June 22, 2022, 09:10:41 am »
When do we get to start calling Mo a c*nt.......?  ;)

In about 11 months
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #23211 on: June 22, 2022, 09:18:37 am »
In about 11 months

Tad harsh after he’s signed a new deal  ;D

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #23212 on: June 22, 2022, 09:28:08 am »
It wouldn’t surprise me if it’s PSG lurking and persisting more than the likes of a Newcastle. Looking at it objectively, will Newcastle - who have structured sensibly thus far - be willing to spend a huge amount on a 31 year old? Is the sports washing effect worth it? Probably, but from a sporting view point a 4 year deal on mega wages perhaps sets them back short term from achieving their long term goals. Of course Mo is Mo so if he produced two elite seasons they won’t give a fuck about cost.

A note - on the PSG chairman (primordial insect)’s walls, he has photos of himself with great managers, PSG players. The only non-PSG player he is photographed with is Mo. The Arabs, both Saudi and Qatari, will likely prize Mo as being the best swayer of opinion in their part of the world they could possibly get.

I just don’t want him legitimising the Saudis at Newcastle.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23213 on: June 22, 2022, 09:48:24 am »
We'd have understood. No need to Pjanic.

Excellent.

Please Tsimi after Kas.

Online Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23214 on: June 22, 2022, 10:18:33 am »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23215 on: June 22, 2022, 10:20:46 am »
Milner too

Signed under Rodgers

Adrian is the only other player of note that was signed under Klopp on a free.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 10:23:10 am by Barneylfc∗ »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #23216 on: June 22, 2022, 12:35:26 pm »
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23217 on: June 22, 2022, 12:40:03 pm »
Seems likely that he’ll follow Mane through the door next summer, unless there’s a big concession made on wages from either side (won’t happen).

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23218 on: June 22, 2022, 01:20:37 pm »
I’d love to know what sort of package he’s being offered by the club.

My amateur guess is £15m signing on fee and £250k per week, 3 year deal (net £350k per week).

And my other amateur guess is PSG will offer him £40m signing on fee and £400k per week, 4 year deal (net £600k per week).
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 01:23:33 pm by Keith Lard »
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23219 on: June 22, 2022, 09:39:17 pm »
The tribute to Mo makes me think he has probably agreed an extension

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23220 on: June 22, 2022, 09:50:21 pm »
The tribute to Mo makes me think he has probably agreed an extension

What tribute? Like hunger games?

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23221 on: June 22, 2022, 09:57:50 pm »
What tribute? Like hunger games?

The club have done a fan tribute for his 5th year anniversary at LFC

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #23222 on: June 22, 2022, 09:59:56 pm »

Probably more likely that he's been here 5 years than a new deal.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23223 on: June 23, 2022, 04:58:55 am »
Come on Mo, sign the contract. Everyone loves you here, and you love it here.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23224 on: June 23, 2022, 06:19:14 am »
Come on Mo, sign the contract. Everyone loves you here, and you love it here.

Going to take Salah more than that to sign.

As it stands its going to be a bit of a disaster if he leaves on a free.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #23225 on: June 23, 2022, 06:44:08 am »
Going to take Salah more than that to sign.

As it stands its going to be a bit of a disaster if he leaves on a free.

We're certainly going to water down the transfer budget by buying a replacement and getting in Bellingham. On the plus side, Nkunku will have a clause in his contract of 60m.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23226 on: June 23, 2022, 06:46:18 am »
Wonder if he'll keep a close eye on Mane as a preview for life after Liverpool. History certainly doesn't suggest that the grass is greener on the other side.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23227 on: June 23, 2022, 06:47:52 am »
Wonder if he'll keep a close eye on Mane as a preview for life after Liverpool. History certainly doesn't suggest that the grass is greener on the other side.

Doubt it. He will back himself to be a success wherever he goes. He is a huge star and he will believe thats not all down to Liverpool.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23228 on: June 23, 2022, 06:51:57 am »
How are they fine with it, they have been trying to get him to extend for some time now, but he wont.  as for him leaving on a free, we cant make him leave, now for a fee, its upto Salah who has a contract and has stated his decision not to leave this year.  The club are not in control, so not sure how you can conclude they ate fine with it.

Are we really desperate to get him to sign? Dont think they are. Also, ultimately if the club are not fine with it then tough shit, they should have sorted the contract out a while ago and not let it get down this far.

Online Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #23229 on: June 23, 2022, 06:56:33 am »
I think Salah is Real Madrid bound ever since Mbappe did a u-turn.

They need a star to replace Benzema.
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23230 on: June 23, 2022, 07:13:26 am »
Are we really desperate to get him to sign? Dont think they are.

I would say categorically that they want their top goal scorer to stay, yes.

Also, ultimately if the club are not fine with it then tough shit, they should have sorted the contract out a while ago and not let it get down this far.

Thats separate from the point I was making. However if Salah wont sign there is not much they can do about that. The fact he went out of his way to say he WILL be here next (this coming) season suggests he is looking to either stay longer (unlikely) or wants to leave on a Bosman (we can guess why)

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23231 on: June 23, 2022, 07:22:52 am »
You can't say Liverpool should have sorted this out sooner. The power is with the player. He doesn't have to sign an extension and doesn't; have to move to another club he doesn't want to. We found that out the hard way with Borini.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23232 on: June 23, 2022, 07:35:29 am »
They're really laying it on thick on social media. And I love it.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23233 on: June 23, 2022, 08:09:28 am »
Are we really desperate to get him to sign? Dont think they are. Also, ultimately if the club are not fine with it then tough shit, they should have sorted the contract out a while ago and not let it get down this far.

We want him to sign but not in a Barcelona getting Messi to sign and killing the club way. We've offered him a contract that we all know, if it was his only professional contract ever, would mean he was set for life financially. He's refused to sign it, as a club we know that selling him then, IF he would be prepared to leave, would weaken us substantially, so the logical thing to do is to let him run the contract down while we sort out the players to replace the existing ones.

The power is in Salahs hands and if earning over £1.5 million a month and challenging for every trophy isn't enough then he can fuck off somewhere else and we'll get a player who is happy with what we offer
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #23234 on: June 23, 2022, 08:19:14 am »
Love Mo but money ain't everything

Offline Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
« Reply #23235 on: June 23, 2022, 08:24:21 am »
Mo Money, Mo Problems
For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23236 on: June 23, 2022, 09:37:36 am »
We want him to sign but not in a Barcelona getting Messi to sign and killing the club way. We've offered him a contract that we all know, if it was his only professional contract ever, would mean he was set for life financially. He's refused to sign it, as a club we know that selling him then, IF he would be prepared to leave, would weaken us substantially, so the logical thing to do is to let him run the contract down while we sort out the players to replace the existing ones.

The power is in Salahs hands and if earning over £1.5 million a month and challenging for every trophy isn't enough then he can fuck off somewhere else and we'll get a player who is happy with what we offer

Should we be making more of an attempt to sell him then?

The discussion I got into was how fine we were with the situation. I am sure before Salah said anything we had stories saying we wouldn't sell him this summer. If that is the case, then the club are just going to have to get on with it and not get bothered by Klopp being asked about it constantly (which  to be fair I am sure they are).

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23237 on: June 23, 2022, 10:26:12 am »
Should we be making more of an attempt to sell him then?

The discussion I got into was how fine we were with the situation. I am sure before Salah said anything we had stories saying we wouldn't sell him this summer. If that is the case, then the club are just going to have to get on with it and not get bothered by Klopp being asked about it constantly (which  to be fair I am sure they are).

If Salah is anticipating a massive signing-on fee and huge wage the finishing line is in sight. We can't force him to sign and the club doesn't see the value in giving a 30-year-old 400K a week.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23238 on: June 23, 2022, 11:04:49 am »
If Salah is anticipating a massive signing-on fee and huge wage the finishing line is in sight. We can't force him to sign and the club doesn't see the value in giving a 30-year-old 400K a week.

Thats fair enough, ultimately the club get most of these decisions right so thats fine, regardless of my opinion. However, again going back to the point I was replying to, we can't get annoyed if Klopp gets asked this constantly and the press are right/allowed to ask this question.

Offline Dundalis

• Kopite
« Reply #23239 on: June 23, 2022, 11:26:53 am »
The issue is we literally have multiple replacements for Mane's position. We have ZERO for Salah's, no one should be relying on teenagers to replace one of the best goal scorers in premier league history.

If we were City with cash to burn then fine. But I would hazard a bet that there is no way they are going to be able to fund Jude Bellingham, and also fund a replacement that is even anywhere in the vicinity talent wise as Salah. If they can't get him to sign a new deal, he should be sold for as much as they can get and the best quality replacement they can find brought in this window. We can't afford to be indecisive about it unless we want to massively risk sliding back to the pack and just contending for top 4 again.

People can criticise Salah for his second half of the season, and how it was Mane carrying the team during that time. He not only scored 23 goals, he led the league in assists with 13. That's 36 goal contributions. Compared to Mane's 16 goals and 2 assists, for 18 total contributions. The gaping hole he would leave in terms of our attack is a totally different chasm to what Mane leaves, even as important as Mane was with his runs and work rate. I get that you ideally don't want to lose that this coming season, but if it can help fund an elite RW, as opposed to us trying to sign some half rate cheap filler next summer because he leaves for free, I'd rather risk that. Unless the club are confident they have the funds to bring in Bellingham and a potentially top quality expensive replacement next summer.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 11:31:44 am by Dundalis »