Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2819842 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World
« Reply #23880 on: July 2, 2022, 10:38:01 am »
Of course he deserves every penny of it... You need to pay the top bucks sometimes when it comes to the world's best players. People getting their knickers in a twist about retaining one of the top 3 players in the world, need to get a sanity check

You know the world is fucked when people state a player deserves £1.4 million a month for running around a field with a ball.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #23881 on: July 2, 2022, 10:46:59 am »
You know the world is fucked when people state a player deserves £1.4 million a month for running around a field with a ball.

In the context of football, ignoring the ridiculousness of all that, then it's a fair thing to say.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23882 on: July 2, 2022, 10:49:45 am »
Anyone expressing mixed feelings about keeping one of the top 3 players in the world should be booted from the forum for singularly lowing the collective IQ of us all down to single digits.
They'd have moaned if he left on a free.

Typical of some on here and other social media outlets (I'm guessing).

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23883 on: July 2, 2022, 10:53:29 am »
Anyone expressing mixed feelings about keeping one of the top 3 players in the world should be booted from the forum for singularly lowing the collective IQ of us all down to single digits.

And anyone saying people should be booted out for having a different opinion than yourself on a discussion forum isn't that bright to be honest. If you want an echo chamber go watch Fox.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #23884 on: July 2, 2022, 10:59:23 am »
And anyone saying people should be booted out for having a different opinion than yourself on a discussion forum isn't that bright to be honest. If you want an echo chamber go watch Fox.

Not an echo chamber, just a lack of idiots would do  :wave

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23885 on: July 2, 2022, 11:04:09 am »
Mirror article today saying that Salah's base salary is not outside the boundaries of current squad wages. The figure of 350k is achievable with bonuses associated with appearances & success.

I'd have thought something along the lines of 350k per year if previous years' form is repeated, possibly more if he had another golden year like his first. or we won the Champions League or the Premier League.

I think with Bobby's previous contract he was on a fairly low base and received large bonuses per goal. I think about 25k for the first five of the season, 45k each for the next 5, then 65k for each of 5, and finally 85k per goal..
« Last Edit: July 2, 2022, 11:10:07 am by Gili Gulu »
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline missis sumner

• Not giving it up for Capon, not even when he understands her yet none of her friends does.....
  • Kopite
  • G'wan, my son
« Reply #23886 on: July 2, 2022, 11:05:24 am »
Fucking hell!  I was out all day yesterday, and wasn't expecting to wake up to this, this morning.  ;D

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #23887 on: July 2, 2022, 11:07:57 am »
It's a huge amount of money and just shows how far we've come as a club that we are now willing and able to pay these type of wages. That said all these type of numbers for chasing a ball around a field whilst the normal Joe or Jane struggles to decide between eating or heating and make ends meet is sickening.

Are we not part of the problem? As we will still pay for the tickets to fill the stadiums.

I know it’s not the same as the hardships many are suffering in these difficult times, but the amount of people that decide to sacrifice things so they can still go to the footy and therefore allowing clubs and players to be able to pay/earn such amounts. I know a lot of it comes from Tv deals but full stadiums still make these demands on players salaries Happen!

Until it’s noticed on the terraces, nothing is going to change! Which of course it’s not anyway, so these BIG salaries are here to stay.

As said before many times….footy (or sport in general) is no longer for the average Jo (or Jane) but for whoever decided they can afford to go and watch such a sporting spectacle. There lyes  the problem

Sorry about the comment as really this is not the right place for such a discussion!!!

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #23888 on: July 2, 2022, 11:11:15 am »
Good news!

Great to have a committed and settled player like him deciding to finish his career with us.

It was pure intimidation Andy. Apparently our opening gambit was: "You can leave for free in a year's time, but don't expect to play this year. It's 12 months on the bench for you sonny."
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #23889 on: July 2, 2022, 11:15:19 am »

Damn you ain't fucking around Craig :D

People whining need to be thinking back to his 'Olympiakos moment' when he did that vital goal by sending Kalidou Koulibaly and the whole Napoli defence up onto the Anfield Road end.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vqvAKv8yczs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vqvAKv8yczs</a>
« Last Edit: July 2, 2022, 11:18:42 am by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23890 on: July 2, 2022, 11:19:19 am »
I'm sure our succession planning incorporated a sensible strategy for the similarly aged front three, which probably looks like: sell one, retain one and let one walk on a free (unless the wage reduces). Given that left-footed players are harder to come by and Salah is the arguably the best player in the world, it makes sense for him to be the one who is retained. If you're not delighted by this news and the joined-up thinking behind it, it probably says more about you.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #23891 on: July 2, 2022, 11:22:56 am »
Damn you ain't fucking around Craig :D

It's just fucking stupid though. We're football fans, and it's not our money, so why the fuck would you sit and complain about them getting maybe £50k more a week of money which isn't yours, when all it means is you get to watch one of the best footballers in the world currently, one of the best to ever play for this club, for another 3 years.

Like I get having an interest in the business side of things, I do too, but ultimately don't let that muddy what it is you support the club for, which is the football out on the pitch.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #23892 on: July 2, 2022, 11:27:53 am »
Obviously seeing the world the same way as you for the most part, but the way my head gets around it is to think of the whole income of the club per year, which can be divided up in to each match played, even though some are worth more than others. Either way, the amount per game is between 3 and 4 million, and we have had plenty of months with 8 or even more games. None of that happens without the best players, or rather it slowly creeps down if you don't have the best players. Look what the red Mancs are doing, paying out more than us to deliver mediocrity. Mo still gets less than several of their players if he plays his arse off. If he doesn't he gets paid less. If he earns the full amount we are winning stuff. If we don't pay the cost of being boss, someone else will.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23893 on: July 2, 2022, 11:28:19 am »
brilliant news he kept us waiting! get in Mo

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #23894 on: July 2, 2022, 11:29:22 am »
It's just fucking stupid though. We're football fans, and it's not our money, so why the fuck would you sit and complain about them getting maybe £50k more a week of money which isn't yours, when all it means is you get to watch one of the best footballers in the world currently, one of the best to ever play for this club, for another 3 years.

Like I get having an interest in the business side of things, I do too, but ultimately don't let that muddy what it is you support the club for, which is the football out on the pitch.

I agree with your sentiments about Salah being well worth the new deal from a value for revenue standpoint, it was just that you delivered it in a funny manner ;D
Linudden.

Online Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #23895 on: July 2, 2022, 11:39:48 am »
Mixed feelings. Obviously glad that Salah stays, but it seems to me we have sold a player(Mane) to make it happen. So Salah really couldn’t live with earning a couple of hundred thousand pounds a week and effectively sent Mane out the door. And yes, I know…it’s the market and you could say that Salah «deserves» to be paid what his worth compared to other players in the league. But that’s part of the problem. Clubs like Man City has inflated the market so much that players are now not happy earning ridiculous amounts of money per week. They earn more than enough, but it all becomes relative when average players like Sancho and Lingard earns more per week than regular people earn in many years.

As I said, I’m glad Salah stays. At the same time, it seems to me that things like this prevents us from doing other stuff when it comes to transfers. Hope it’s worth it. Maybe it is.
For goodness sake.  ;D

Lock this thread, Mods.

And the usual suspects......have followed the Utd fans on their skiing trip, by looks of it.....
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #23896 on: July 2, 2022, 11:50:40 am »
Are we not part of the problem? As we will still pay for the tickets to fill the stadiums.

I know it’s not the same as the hardships many are suffering in these difficult times, but the amount of people that decide to sacrifice things so they can still go to the footy and therefore allowing clubs and players to be able to pay/earn such amounts. I know a lot of it comes from Tv deals but full stadiums still make these demands on players salaries Happen!

Until it’s noticed on the terraces, nothing is going to change! Which of course it’s not anyway, so these BIG salaries are here to stay.

As said before many times….footy (or sport in general) is no longer for the average Jo (or Jane) but for whoever decided they can afford to go and watch such a sporting spectacle. There lyes  the problem

Sorry about the comment as really this is not the right place for such a discussion!!!

Not much is made these days on ticket sales, we haven’t had a price increase in years after the walkout and I can’t see any increases anytime soon either with the price increases everywhere. It’s all about tv and sponsorships increases now.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #23897 on: July 2, 2022, 12:03:59 pm »
Brilliant news. Is there any better wide forward in the world? Salah (and Bobby Mane) transformed our forward line into the best in Europe……maybe the best in the world. Keeping Mo for another 3 years is great news. We want to see more players like Mo and VVD etc.

As for Neville…….what an utter Manc prick. He would have creamed himself to have Salah at United instead of the overpaid dross that they have. What a bitter twat of a man who lives in the past.
#JFT97

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23898 on: July 2, 2022, 12:04:54 pm »

It is our money really though, its the fans who pay the money for tickets, merch etc.

Anyway fuck it, lets get going next season and batter everyone in front of us with one of the best players in the world in our team, surrounded by some of, if not the best in the world into their positions
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #23899 on: July 2, 2022, 12:08:45 pm »
It is our money really though, its the fans who pay the money for tickets, merch etc.

The cork is out the bottle though, and it's not like even if the club took a stance on "only" paid a max of £100k a week to it's players that we'd then suddenly see ticket prices drop, shirt costs come down, and Sky cut their sub fee in half.

So ultimately we can't look at Salah's new deal and judge it by that.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23900 on: July 2, 2022, 12:10:06 pm »
Very well could be that we were only going to renew 1 of mane or salah - and now that Sadio has made it known that he wants out - we can make the effort for Mo?

My hope anyway.

Not quite on point - but this is why I thought there was a chance that this was going to happen.

Didn't think it was going to be a short extension though - but might be one that works for both sides.

It seems in the interim that Sadio wanted to go for a new challenge (and maybe the guaranteed money) and that Salah and LFC were going to try until the end to make the extension work.

As Jack said and others yesterday - we have Salah in ideally top condition for 3 years - and each side can decide what to do there after - Salah may go to a slower league at the point and still make a ton of money (and get old on their dime).
« Last Edit: July 2, 2022, 12:20:55 pm by newterp »

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #23901 on: July 2, 2022, 12:13:30 pm »
Brilliant news. Is there any better wide forward in the world? Salah (and Bobby Mane) transformed our forward line into the best in Europe……maybe the best in the world. Keeping Mo for another 3 years is great news. We want to see more players like Mo and VVD etc.

I don't think there was a secret trio in the Brazilian league outperforming them mate ;D
Linudden.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #23902 on: July 2, 2022, 12:20:50 pm »
There’s a massive difference for us paying him big money now and up to turning 33 compared to committing to paying him at 34 and 35

That for me is the key.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23903 on: July 2, 2022, 12:44:49 pm »
Yeah I'm a little confused by anyone who isn't buzzing by this

It's not like we have an oil country propping us up. We're only paying Salah some of the millions and millions he's helped us make by being one of the best teams in the land

Do people get upset by the millions movie stars make? I never see it...

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #23904 on: July 2, 2022, 01:03:18 pm »

It's not like we have an oil country propping us up. We're only paying Salah some of the millions and millions he's helped us make by being one of the best teams in the land

Do people get upset by the millions movie stars make? I never see it...

It’s a pretty major statement too. For all the world it looked like journos would be able to write about how we’ve again failed to hold onto our best player when others came sniffing, and then whack.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Armchair expert

• Almost makes you agree with Gove
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss
« Reply #23905 on: July 2, 2022, 01:13:53 pm »
Not everybody is happy….Bit rich from Rat Boy considering the money they’ve spunked out on wages alone regarding Sanchez, Pogba and Sancho and co who contribute the square root of fuck all

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23906 on: July 2, 2022, 01:15:43 pm »
Not everybody is happy….Bit rich from Rat Boy considering the money they’ve spunked out on wages alone regarding Sanchez, Pogba and Sancho and co who contribute the square root of fuck all
really? what's your take on the Pogba situation then, Nev?

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23907 on: July 2, 2022, 01:24:05 pm »
really? what's your take on the Pogba situation then, Nev?
He doesn't believe it himself. Like some failing reality TV star he's just desperate for engagement on social media

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #23908 on: July 2, 2022, 01:28:40 pm »

Yeah it’s weird …. Then again it’s only 48 hours since supposed liverpool fans were arguing we should either force him out the club or bench him if he had the temerity to play his final year under his current deal so …..
« Last Edit: July 2, 2022, 01:30:11 pm by JackWard33 »

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23909 on: July 2, 2022, 01:30:36 pm »

Is that the best he can come up with?

Getting played is re-signing a washed up Ronaldo, offering Paul Pogba stupid money to stay and extending the contract of Phil Jones.

I'm one of the people who was concerned about blowing the wage structure, but even I admit that if there's a player worth stretching things for it's Mo Salah. Maybe Gary should have a word with Barcelona on what it's like for a club to get absolutely rinsed to the point of bankruptcy by their star player.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #23910 on: July 2, 2022, 01:42:26 pm »
Is that the best he can come up with?

Getting played is re-signing a washed up Ronaldo, offering Paul Pogba stupid money to stay and extending the contract of Phil Jones.

I'm one of the people who was concerned about blowing the wage structure, but even I admit that if there's a player worth stretching things for it's Mo Salah. Maybe Gary should have a word with Barcelona on what it's like for a club to get absolutely rinsed to the point of bankruptcy by their star player.
That contrast and comparison is a feature length film in the offing. If I had a week of Mo's wages, I'd make it myself. If I had a week of Messi's wages, I'd get some other twats to do all the hard work.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Henderson19

• Main Stander
« Reply #23911 on: July 2, 2022, 01:52:02 pm »
156 from 254.

At least three more years of this guy.

Incredible news for this club and its supporters.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23912 on: July 2, 2022, 01:53:11 pm »
Anyone expressing mixed feelings about keeping one of the top 3 players in the world should be booted from the forum for singularly lowering the collective IQ of us all down to single digits.

;D I'll leave the speculation about wages, which is ultimately a futile exercise, to others. Take it for what it is, fucking brilliant news.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23913 on: July 2, 2022, 01:56:34 pm »
Anyone expressing mixed feelings about keeping one of the top 3 players in the world should be booted from the forum for singularly lowering the collective IQ of us all down to single digits.

The guy literally said "I’m glad Salah stays". You can't really speak of dumbing down when you've just deliberately reduced and mischaracterised their thoughts into that summary, to be fair

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #23914 on: July 2, 2022, 01:56:47 pm »
Be nice if this thread can now go back to being about how boss Mo is rather than all this incessant contract shite.

I NEED THAT TO HAPPEN

I mean we aren't gonna get apologies for all the wasted fume lol

But this is almost certainly his last turn with us. Let's make it special, he's a legend.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #23915 on: July 2, 2022, 02:13:14 pm »
I could understand these reactions if Salah got something like Messi or Mbappe, like 1M per week, but thats not the case. If VVD would resign he would get 250-300 k, and Salah is getting slightly more. As he should.
« Last Edit: July 2, 2022, 02:15:32 pm by jepovic »

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23916 on: July 2, 2022, 02:19:45 pm »
It's a huge amount of money and just shows how far we've come as a club that we are now willing and able to pay these type of wages. That said all these type of numbers for chasing a ball around a field whilst the normal Joe or Jane struggles to decide between eating or heating and make ends meet is sickening.

Difference between Salah getting big bucks in comparison to someone like Lukaku is that Mo has earned his massive wages by what he's done on the pitch for LFC. That useless lump that's just gone back to Inter has stolen a living throughout his career. In relation to what the other top clubs are paying much inferior players, I'd say that our man deserves every penny.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #23917 on: July 2, 2022, 02:20:42 pm »
The guy literally said "I’m glad Salah stays". You can't really speak of dumbing down when you've just deliberately reduced and mischaracterised their thoughts into that summary, to be fair

I didn't quote anyone, so who is "the guy" you refer? It was a general comment to address a plethora of posts which expressed mixed thoughts due to some weird fascination with wages and/or wage structures.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #23918 on: July 2, 2022, 02:22:28 pm »
Salah is finally getting a rest, and now we can look forward to a season where he can focus on club football.
No AFCON.

Also, Salah signing now means no more contract rumours, and I think that will do him well on the pitch. All of the attackers will be committed long term to Liverpool. Except Bobby, but I think that will be fixed before the season starts.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23919 on: July 2, 2022, 02:31:03 pm »

At least Salah has earned that contract and has played for it by being consistent for years. We increased his wages gradually. But what about Sancho, a kid who hasn't done anything in his career, is already on £350k a week? That's what i call "he has played them...big time"
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI