Author Topic: What games are you playing at the moment?  (Read 210725 times)

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: What games are you playing at the moment?
« Reply #2600 on: August 4, 2022, 02:38:21 pm »
Was curious about this, it looked interesting but I could see it driving me crackers.

it's unlike any game i've ever played before, it really annoys me but i can't stop going back to it haha. Defo worth a playthrough - totally unique experience.

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #2601 on: August 5, 2022, 08:56:24 am »
I'm about to start Outer Wilds as I found it in my Epic Games library. I'd bought it and obviously not played it for some reason. Quite possibly another game came out at the same time to distract me. So Im downloading it now. 57Gb ffs. It better be worth it.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2602 on: August 5, 2022, 01:56:20 pm »
Just spent way to long playing power wash simulator strangely addictive 🤔

You'd probably like Viscera Cleanup detail ;)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2603 on: August 5, 2022, 03:59:36 pm »
I'm about to start Outer Wilds as I found it in my Epic Games library. I'd bought it and obviously not played it for some reason. Quite possibly another game came out at the same time to distract me. So Im downloading it now. 57Gb ffs. It better be worth it.

Narrator:  It wasn't

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2604 on: August 5, 2022, 04:00:22 pm »
F1 manager had better be decent

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2605 on: August 5, 2022, 04:05:18 pm »
Curious as to Digimon Survive. Will be waiting til it's on Game Pass or a hell of a lot cheaper though.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #2606 on: August 5, 2022, 04:09:22 pm »
I'm playing Huntdown. It's a retro 2D side shooter, themed like an 80's Escape from NY action flick, very basic and short term.

I say this and I have an unopened Elden Ring game as well   ;D  I know I will love every bit of that, but at the moment I'm just in the mood for a basic 2 or 3 button shooter with no complexity or much depth.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2607 on: August 5, 2022, 11:41:29 pm »
Tried it a few times as I like the premise, however I'm playing on Console (both Xbox and PS5) and I just find the 30fps to be jarring, might try it on my sons PC with the higher FPS and fidelity.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #2608 on: August 8, 2022, 10:43:00 am »
Really enjoying Returnal, made it to the 4th Biome now.

Fucking nails though in some parts.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2609 on: August 8, 2022, 10:54:47 am »
Been playing Tony Hawks PS5 version now its available on PS Plus. Rented the PS4 game a while back and got a fair way through trophies. Been nice to jump back in, only difference I can really see on the PS5 version is that I can win the odd multiplayer game - probably because of an influx of new players from PS plus though.

I've got all bar three of the trophies, and just have the 'hard get theres', the 'completing all gaps' and 'get to level 100' trophies left. Don't think I'm good enough to ever complete the 'get theres' though! So it'll join four or five other games where I'm a trophy or two shy of platinum

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #2610 on: August 9, 2022, 08:39:31 am »
Ive mistaken Outer Wilds with Outer Worlds. I'm a dummy.

Reminds me of Biosphere. No idea when I bought this. But I never played it. Seems ok as a filler until something else comes along.

JackFrags has some good youtubes about Hunt Showdown. Might give that a go, looks fun.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #2611 on: August 9, 2022, 09:13:43 am »
I've kind of fallen down the strategy well lately. I did play Anno1800 for a while, but it got kind of samey and too complicated at one point. Have now gone to Transport Fever 2 and am trying to build nice looking rail and street networks, but so far have messed up at one point and have started over again for about a million times. Though I am planning to go to the bitter end now with my current save... ;) Kind of waiting for the end of August when Saints Row comes out. The previews I've seen are kind of encouraging, that it'll be a good game. I always liked the series (especially the one that came around at the time of GTA IV, because it was so much more a GTA game than the actual GTA) and if they're doing more of the same (which according to the previews they are) then it'll be a nice experience.

Online JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #2612 on: August 9, 2022, 10:04:34 am »
Recently finished AC Origins and the new TMNT game on the Switch. Really enjoyed both.

Going to finally boot Cyberpunk up soon having been looking at the case sitting there for 6 months ;D

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2613 on: August 10, 2022, 02:08:58 pm »
Two Point Campus dropped on Gamepass yesterday and I've had a day off work so played a few missions on there.

It's basically just Two Point Hospital with GPs and Psychiatrists etc repalced with lecture theatres and science labs, but good fun. I never did finish TPH and expect I'll get bored of this before the end too.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2614 on: August 10, 2022, 02:23:23 pm »
Apparently the F1 game is actually not fucked in career modes now so I'll probably get it in the next few days. Should keep me amused for a bit until it inevitably annoys me somehow

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2615 on: August 10, 2022, 03:34:41 pm »
Recently finished AC Origins and the new TMNT game on the Switch. Really enjoyed both.

Going to finally boot Cyberpunk up soon having been looking at the case sitting there for 6 months ;D

Will complete an AC game one day, closest was Odyssey at about 60%!

I think you will enjoy CP, it is nearly the game that was promised years back. Though the console ports were rightfully binned off, I didn't experience many major issues on PC, enjoyed it after a couple of patches landed.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2616 on: August 10, 2022, 04:06:48 pm »
Cyberpunk is perfect on the Series S, it got a next gen update a while back (presumably the same on PS5).  It's actually a pretty cool game.

Online JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #2617 on: August 10, 2022, 05:46:54 pm »
Will complete an AC game one day, closest was Odyssey at about 60%!

I think you will enjoy CP, it is nearly the game that was promised years back. Though the console ports were rightfully binned off, I didn't experience many major issues on PC, enjoyed it after a couple of patches landed.

Cyberpunk is perfect on the Series S, it got a next gen update a while back (presumably the same on PS5).  It's actually a pretty cool game.

I'll be playing it on PS4 so interested to see how it runs! Would wait to play on PS5 but in current circumstances I won't be buying one unless my PS4 explodes ;D

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2618 on: August 14, 2022, 05:07:35 pm »
Currently around 3 hours into Dying Light 2.  Boss.  I'm playing with no HUD which makes it a really immersive experience and the E3 reshade (shown below), which really improves the visuals.  Really loving it so far.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/FLssNeChN1U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/FLssNeChN1U</a>

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2619 on: August 14, 2022, 06:32:36 pm »
f1 2022 still has issues with its AI being completely inconsistent, but I've found some info online where it'll work out your 'recommended' level from times you do in time trial.

I'm shit, but I've enjoyed it more now I've started using it. also managed to make my own lid (nice) and found something that allows you to change the calendar. so once I reach season 2 I think I'll go to the 16 race calendar and mess around with it. fuck off monaco and saudi!

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2620 on: August 20, 2022, 06:56:31 pm »
Stray which is lovely after finishing God of War 2.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #2621 on: August 21, 2022, 01:16:58 am »
Will complete an AC game one day, closest was Odyssey at about 60%

I'm cracking back on with Odyssey after completing the main game last year. I got so annoyed with the first of the DLCs - not only were the quests just 'more of the same' - hunting down the Order as opposed to the Cult, but being forced into a romance/parenthood plot with the Persian was really weird after the liberal sexual politics of the main game. Not to mention, living as a family in a hut in Dyme whilst my character's mother, brother and adopted father all just wait around on the ship, not bothering to involve themselves with my child. Terrible, terrible stuff but I'm through those quests now and was happy when my co-parent was found dead on the beach.

Everything on Greece is now done and I've unlocked the portal to Elysium.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #2622 on: August 21, 2022, 09:36:09 am »
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen. I struggled massively with XCOM2 and this DLC is ever harder. I appreciate a good old DLC that is actually worth the money.
Basically I’m waiting for God of War.

War of the Chosen is much better than Xcom 2 itself IMO, though I play the Long War mod - not that that makes it easier  :D

Seriously deeply absorbing, think you'll get your money's worth - WOTC is basically Xcom 2.5

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2623 on: August 21, 2022, 10:03:59 am »
Finally loaded up Cyberpunk now it’s the next Gen edition, having not touched it since release day. Certainly looks a lot nicer now, going to get into the guts of it later to see how it plays.

It was such a mess at launch I didn’t feel like inflicting that upon myself.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #2624 on: August 21, 2022, 10:09:46 am »
Ahh well in! I like it now. Still clearly not the game that was promised but it's a solid experience now. Enjoy matey, if you sink into the side quests you'll get the most from it I reckon. Main story is not massive in duration

Slight hacky / cheaty tip...
Spoiler
you can also farm TargetAnalysis to make yourself rich very early haha
[close]

Online TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #2625 on: August 21, 2022, 12:37:27 pm »
Just finished playing Control and now going through it’s DLC. Cracking game

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2626 on: August 21, 2022, 01:46:47 pm »

one of them has a part that's not as good as the ashtray maze (nothing is) but it's still good on its own.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2627 on: August 21, 2022, 05:06:15 pm »
Base game is amazing, the DLC is just average though.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2628 on: August 21, 2022, 09:10:25 pm »
Started plaing Bugsnax on a mad whim yesterday morning and have platinum'd it today.

Was surprisingly and oddly entertaining, and also very satisfyingly orderly (without making the game feel like a chore). Fun bit of downtime

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2629 on: August 21, 2022, 09:25:25 pm »
Anyone played Watchdogs Legion? It's on sale on the Xbox for £17 and I'm tempted. Loved the 1st two games but have heard very mixed opinions on this one

Offline klopptopia

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2630 on: August 21, 2022, 09:33:28 pm »

I just never could get my head around Control, absolutely hated it. Found the entire thing really boring, navigation system awful and given it’s name ironically the controls a bag of spanners.

Some of my friends though absolutely loved it.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2631 on: August 22, 2022, 08:38:55 am »
Two Point Campus dropped on Gamepass yesterday and I've had a day off work so played a few missions on there.

It's basically just Two Point Hospital with GPs and Psychiatrists etc repalced with lecture theatres and science labs, but good fun. I never did finish TPH and expect I'll get bored of this before the end too.

Been on this for the last two weeks - very fun game! Fairly easy to pass the requirements to three star every level - but then quite a challenge to get a good varied and mixed campus. Something though that once completed, I dont think you'd go back to.
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline boots

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #2632 on: August 22, 2022, 08:41:27 am »
Control is a very underrated game. I really enjoyed it.

Offline ShatnersBassoon

• Kopite
« Reply #2633 on: August 22, 2022, 04:12:28 pm »
I just never could get my head around Control, absolutely hated it. Found the entire thing really boring, navigation system awful and given it’s name ironically the controls a bag of spanners.

Some of my friends though absolutely loved it.

yeah i felt the same. people recommended it to me who loved it and usually like the same games, but i just found it clunky and dull. couldnt get into it at all

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2634 on: August 22, 2022, 05:13:38 pm »
Anyone played Watchdogs Legion? It's on sale on the Xbox for £17 and I'm tempted. Loved the 1st two games but have heard very mixed opinions on this one

I've tried it when I had a Ubisoft+ subscription (or whatever that's called). Not really a fan, but I didn't play it long. Played the first Watchdogs and quite liked it despite a lot of people being disappointed with it. Tried the second one, but never really got into that one. Don't know if it was the story/characters that were different to the first one or whether it was just being overwhelmed with shite to do. I think Legion is very much the same except it's in London.

As far as Control is concerned I'm very much part of the hated it club. klopptopia summed it up perfectly.

Personally, I'm playing Cities Skylines at the moment and I'm trying to build the perfect city (at least what I think is perfect). Still having some issues with city planning and my mistakes causing traffic fuck ups further down the line. Did start over quite a few times and I now got to a city with about 40K people in it, but I'm considering starting another new map, becuause I'm very unhappy with the layout I did and my recent expansions have caused traffic to blow up in a certain area. Can't be arsed putting a lot of time into fixing it only to then start a new city anyway. Will be at work until later in the evening, so I still have time to think about what I'll do then.

Also looking forward to tomorrow and Saints Row being released. From the previews I've seen it's not revolutionary, but more of Saints Row. Perfect. ;)

Offline klopptopia

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2635 on: August 23, 2022, 01:06:42 pm »
yeah i felt the same. people recommended it to me who loved it and usually like the same games, but i just found it clunky and dull. couldnt get into it at all

glad its not just me!

Online TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #2636 on: August 23, 2022, 07:22:35 pm »
I felt like that first time trying Control on PS4, but later tried again on the ps5 version and it clicked.

I feel the same way about Horizon Zero Dawn - tried it twice because everyone raves about it, but just couldn’t get into it at all

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2637 on: August 23, 2022, 10:42:43 pm »
I feel the same way about Horizon Zero Dawn - tried it twice because everyone raves about it, but just couldn’t get into it at all

I did enjoy Horizon because the setting was something new and also the gameplay was kind of fresh. Didn't get though why it was hyped up so much as if it was one of the greatest games ever. The story was kind of meh and while the gameplay and setting were fresh it got old after a bit...

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2638 on: August 23, 2022, 10:46:41 pm »
I bought a second hand PS4 not that long ago having never been a Playstation owner (always Xbox) in order to play a few Playstation exclusive games and HZD was top of that list. Got bored of it pretty quickly and didn't touch the PS4 again for months.  ;D Probably barely got 20% of the way through.

I've just started TLOU though and really enjoying it so far.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2639 on: August 24, 2022, 12:06:38 am »
I bought a second hand PS4 not that long ago having never been a Playstation owner (always Xbox) in order to play a few Playstation exclusive games and HZD was top of that list. Got bored of it pretty quickly and didn't touch the PS4 again for months.  ;D Probably barely got 20% of the way through.

I've just started TLOU though and really enjoying it so far.
To be honest it was only around that stage of Horizon that it started to take off for me. Wasn't enjoying the story much to start with (saame applies to Control), and being inundated with too much at once early-doors, but eventually it clicked and was pretty compelled by Horizon's story and entertained by Control's