Author Topic: Destiny 2 - The sequel we needed?  (Read 56010 times)

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
Re: Destiny 2 - No Spoilers Guardians
« Reply #120 on: July 13, 2017, 10:19:11 pm »
Just had my code come.

Can't wait until Tuesday now.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline mattybeard

• Chicken Fondler. Group hug? Anyone?
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: July 14, 2017, 10:53:43 am »
Left the beta downloading this morning!

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: July 15, 2017, 07:12:08 pm »
Can't wait for this game, I pumped well over 1000 hours into the first game! Got incredibly bored after The Taken King came out though, killed PVP for me with all the nerfs and I had most of the exotics so I didn't feel any need to play it! Gonna try and pace myself with this one though ;D ;D ;D

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #123 on: July 18, 2017, 09:05:59 am »
Can't wait until 6pm to give it a go.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: July 18, 2017, 12:31:10 pm »
I'll be jumping on later, upinsmoke2k7 on psn if anyone fancies it

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #125 on: July 18, 2017, 06:04:00 pm »
Here we fucking go.

Please be good.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 06:09:12 pm by Trada »

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #126 on: July 18, 2017, 06:46:53 pm »
Just played the first mission (or part of it anyway), the gun play is as smooth as ever although I'm disappointed about the slower mobility.
Believe.

XBL:  Steevvvoo

PSN:  Steevvvoo

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: July 18, 2017, 06:51:32 pm »
I have to wait until tomorrow to play the beta now since I'm an XB1 peasant :'(

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: July 18, 2017, 07:53:33 pm »
Just played the first mission (or part of it anyway), the gun play is as smooth as ever although I'm disappointed about the slower mobility.

Just turn the sensitivity up.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: July 18, 2017, 07:54:32 pm »
Anyone know what the third blue Square is on the hud. First is grenade, second punch or whatever r1 is, what's the third???? No idea how to activate it

Online Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #130 on: July 18, 2017, 08:53:57 pm »
Pre-ordered on Amazon over the weekend thinking I'd get a code instantly then cancel the order, looks they've cracked  down on that as I still haven't received a code!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 08:56:18 pm by Shepnois »

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #131 on: July 18, 2017, 08:57:44 pm »
Anyone know what the third blue Square is on the hud. First is grenade, second punch or whatever r1 is, what's the third???? No idea how to activate it

Hold 'o' it's a third ability.
Believe.

XBL:  Steevvvoo

PSN:  Steevvvoo

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: July 18, 2017, 10:18:47 pm »
What a let down, the regression is tangible, feels nothing like Destiny and everything like another generic FPS, it's actually dull, I'm sure others will like it, but I'm sitting here disappointed as fuck, I know it's only a demo, but even the strike feels patched together from bits they left on the cutting room floor, the weapons are absolutely pitiful, why Bungie?

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #133 on: July 18, 2017, 10:23:20 pm »
What a let down, the regression is tangible, feels nothing like Destiny and everything like another generic FPS, it's actually dull, I'm sure others will like it, but I'm sitting here disappointed as fuck, I know it's only a demo, but even the strike feels patched together from bits they left on the cutting room floor, the weapons are absolutely pitiful, why Bungie?

Come on the Beta is just scratching the surface of what the full game will be. Really its just testing the servers etc.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: July 18, 2017, 10:27:06 pm »
Yes, but I'm talking specifics, the gunplay feels awful by comparison with Destiny, that's a core feature no matter what mode you're playing, the exotic Sub machine gun you get at the start is laughable, I'm genuinely shocked at how dull the whole experience has been so far, and I'm saying this as someone who has sank almost 3 years in to the first one on two systems.

Online Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #135 on: July 18, 2017, 11:42:17 pm »
It does feel different not sure if its a bad thing yet. Kinda shit how theres no social area or a patrol.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #136 on: July 19, 2017, 08:12:29 am »
It does feel different not sure if its a bad thing yet. Kinda shit how theres no social area or a patrol.
The social area, called The Farm I believe, will be open for one hour at 6pm UK time on Sunday

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: July 19, 2017, 12:33:40 pm »
I didn't mind the gun play, however it's maybe not as satisfying as the first, I dunno the first just felt right when firing the weapons. I only played the campaign level though gonna have a go at the crucible and strike later.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: July 19, 2017, 01:52:43 pm »
I didn't mind the gun play, however it's maybe not as satisfying as the first, I dunno the first just felt right when firing the weapons. I only played the campaign level though gonna have a go at the crucible and strike later.
That's my main problem, the weapons feel so unsatisfying to use, whereas D1 gunplay felt so right, really don't understand why you'd make such a marked changed to probably the most fulfilling element of the original game.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #139 on: July 19, 2017, 02:11:39 pm »

Set yourself an hour in personal time before you start that strike, it takes forever!

I'm really enjoying the Countdown MP mode, consistently better at it than anything else I've ever played on Destiny.

As for the whole game... if Taken King was Destiny done right at 1.5, then Destiny 2 actually feels like 1.75?? Not enough feels new or different. You do the strike and apart from the Red Legion its still Shanks and usual Vex etc. Same shit.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: July 19, 2017, 09:07:51 pm »
Played about 2 hours of it so far, I like it!
It definitely has some issues but most of it is great.

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #141 on: July 19, 2017, 10:00:19 pm »
Pre-ordered on Amazon over the weekend thinking I'd get a code instantly then cancel the order, looks they've cracked  down on that as I still haven't received a code!

Pre-ordered on Monday via Amazon and received the code right away.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #142 on: July 19, 2017, 11:02:54 pm »
Haven't really played the Warlock before, So tried the Beta with the Warlock my God its so hard to get used to its little airly fairy jumps I find it hard to jump up to the littlest of ledges.

Give me a Hunter with his manly jumps.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 11:19:58 pm by Trada »

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #143 on: July 20, 2017, 12:25:53 pm »
Played about 2/3 hours last night and loved it! Made the mistake of ordering take-away pizza and stopping gaming to eat. Who was I fooling thinking I'd be heading back online.

Promptly fell asleep on the sofa watching Arrival full of pizza ;D ;D ;D

Loved the strike though, felt like the scope of the game was bigger, larger level design?

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: July 20, 2017, 09:55:20 pm »
Don't think I'm gonna get it to be honest

Guns just don't feel right, menu design is identical, they've not even bothered with any kind of change there. Enemies identical and that countdown mode is really bad.

I don't see what they've done here that they couldn't of done with an expansion aside form a few graphical touches. It's really lazy by Bungie.

Just cancelled my pre order
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 09:58:32 pm by Upinsmoke »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: July 20, 2017, 11:52:26 pm »
I've given this a few more plays, and while I still think the gunplay isn't as good as D1, it's improved significantly since I started using the hand cannons, much punchier and satisfying to use, SMGs are like peashooters though, be interesting to see the finished product, I pre ordered digitally so I've no choice!

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #146 on: July 21, 2017, 12:22:44 pm »
Don't think I'm gonna get it to be honest

Guns just don't feel right, menu design is identical, they've not even bothered with any kind of change there. Enemies identical and that countdown mode is really bad.

I don't see what they've done here that they couldn't of done with an expansion aside form a few graphical touches. It's really lazy by Bungie.

Just cancelled my pre order

I can't wait for it to be released.

I'm sure there will be changes from the Beta take the level you play I guess that will be different some how because in the Beta you are Level 20.

Really it should use your Guardian from Destiny 1 if you played it because it happens before all the light is taken away.

Im sure there will be new enemies but that doesn't really worry me to much.

Looking forward to exploring the farm during the last hour of the Beta which I think for the UK is around 6pm on Sunday.

Offline kingmonkey007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: July 21, 2017, 03:10:12 pm »
I've given this a few more plays, and while I still think the gunplay isn't as good as D1, it's improved significantly since I started using the hand cannons, much punchier and satisfying to use, SMGs are like peashooters though, be interesting to see the finished product, I pre ordered digitally so I've no choice!

"The PVE game tuning has changed pretty significantly since the Beta build was deployed. The nature of a Beta of this scale requires that it’s based off a build of the game that is now months old. So, in many cases, your feedback is helping us validate changes that were previously made based on internal feedback and playtesting. For example, we too felt that ammo (especially power ammo) was too scarce in PvE. In addition to retuning the drop rates, we built a system that guarantees power ammo drops for you and your Fireteam from certain enemies, giving power weapons a more reliable and predictable role in your arsenal. Other areas where we’ve made significant tuning changes include grenade effectiveness in PvE, Boss vitality, and weapon damage against non-player combatants." - Source: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46077

Seem's like they've already sorted out the weapon damage.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: July 21, 2017, 08:00:36 pm »
Yes, apparently according to this article Hunters were nerfed? I've had loads of fun as playing as one and its the most time I've spent on the beta so far!
http://kotaku.com/bungie-promises-destiny-2-pve-improvements-to-grumbling-1797128738

I was a Warlock main in the first Destiny but I do not enjoy the new solar class and genuinely think I might cross over to a Hunter main for this one. I play mostly PvE and Arcstrider feels so so badass compared to the Bladedancer.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: July 21, 2017, 08:37:26 pm »
I can't wait for it to be released.

I'm sure there will be changes from the Beta take the level you play I guess that will be different some how because in the Beta you are Level 20.

Really it should use your Guardian from Destiny 1 if you played it because it happens before all the light is taken away.

Im sure there will be new enemies but that doesn't really worry me to much.

Looking forward to exploring the farm during the last hour of the Beta which I think for the UK is around 6pm on Sunday.

I'll try that farm thing but as things stand can't see me getting it.

It's just bizzare how empty the weapons feel, literally no punch to them. Used to get so much satisfaction letting a few rounds go and popping an enemy in the head, it's just not there this time round.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: July 21, 2017, 10:52:05 pm »

I think you will start the game at Level 20 and then after Ghaul whoops your ass and takes your Light, you'll go back down to Level 1 and have to build yourself up again.

Offline kingmonkey007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: July 22, 2017, 11:14:07 am »
I think you will start the game at Level 20 and then after Ghaul whoops your ass and takes your Light, you'll go back down to Level 1 and have to build yourself up again.

Yeah it will be something like that, they have hinted that Homecoming in the beta is not how it will be in the full game, my guess is there will be a like an introduction to the new class abilities for new and old players and for hunter, warlock and titan, you'll do a mission or 2 like you did in the taken king and then that's where the beta kicks off.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #152 on: July 22, 2017, 04:50:59 pm »
I'll try that farm thing but as things stand can't see me getting it.

It's just bizzare how empty the weapons feel, literally no punch to them. Used to get so much satisfaction letting a few rounds go and popping an enemy in the head, it's just not there this time round.

I just know its going to give me hours and weeks of fun and I can't ask for anything more than that I have other so call other top titles that I have played for a day and they have just been sat there collecting dust since.

And I like the fact you can play every part of the game with the guided game option there are still a couple of things in Destiny 1 I have never played.

And they have said they have set up extra teams to make sure new content is added quicker.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #153 on: July 22, 2017, 04:54:39 pm »

I still think it would have been a nice touch if you could had used you Destiny 1 Guardian one last time if you had one until his light is taken away at the end of the first mission.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: July 23, 2017, 04:33:49 pm »
As I am switching consoles for Destiny 2 (got me ps4 last week) I am none too fussed about the Destiny 1 characters being used. But I will admit the gun play seems not quite as smooth on D1 but that might be on purpose. they may have decreased the soft lock aim assist n stuff too. Overall it is a slightly disappointing beta considering how much we got last time :D but still it is a fucking good looking and playing game - even if I did fuck up n use my arc strider super against the strikes main bad guy n die because I forgot I wasn't using Golden gun :D

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #155 on: July 24, 2017, 10:23:15 am »
It looks fantastic.  I did notice the slight change in auto lock on, it was really noticeable when using the hand cannon.  I noticed as well, the radar takes an extra second or 2 to reappear once you ADS and fire.  Not sure I like that, i was lost in those few seconds while in some gun fights.  Im sure ill get used to it.  Can only imagine its there to punish snipers some how?

Any way, really looking forward to pumping many hours into this, I enjoy the whole linking up with friends and doing raids / strikes.  Roll on September!

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: July 24, 2017, 11:13:00 am »
I only have a few issues with the PvP:
- Grenade/Melee/Ability and Super energy takes far too long to charge, you end up with 8 people using their supers at the same time in the last minute or 2 of the game so they end up being wasted!

- The change from 6v6 to 4v4, honestly thought 6v6 was perfect for a game like Destiny, now the game is purely team orientated, can't see myself jumping into quick matches on my own because the team play is too valuable and you just get smashed solo queuing.

- Not just PvP but the weapon catergory's seem off to me, Shotguns/Fusion Rifles/Snipers shouldn't be Power weapons, what's the point in running your Primary and Secondary if they're gonna pretty much be the same type of weapon, there's far too less variety!

- Again not strictly PvP but it affects it, the fact that all weapons now have a set roll on them and there isn't any variation to them, I didn't like how the DLC and future updates to Destiny made it super easy for everyone to get exotics/god tier weapons and it seems like Destiny 2 will be the same unfortunately, instead of rewarding the most dedicated of players like it should! 

Offline kingmonkey007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: July 24, 2017, 08:54:05 pm »
Exploring Nessus' Lost Sectors, Public Events, and Adventures.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/C5QlGmv8-5c&amp;t" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/C5QlGmv8-5c&amp;t</a>

Added a new Engram, a Prestigious engram.  :o

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: July 24, 2017, 09:27:22 pm »
Exploring Nessus' Lost Sectors, Public Events, and Adventures.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/C5QlGmv8-5c&amp;t" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/C5QlGmv8-5c&amp;t</a>

Added a new Engram, a Prestigious engram.  :o
Bet you it still decodes into blue's.

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird on my chest
« Reply #159 on: July 28, 2017, 07:15:14 am »
Is this basically Halo with RPG elements? Is the shooter side of it well done? Looks intriguing, but in the fence especially when it got mixed reviews on launch (Original one I mean) How's it compare to the original Mass Effect and or Halo? Anyone able to give quick response or point to a relevant review