Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1377408 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #10120 on: October 1, 2022, 09:02:37 pm »
He's making it easy to not be picked. And that could be a good thing for him and us.

We are not helping him. He is literally the hub of everything we do and he has to do a tonne of a lot of stuff. At to that minimal protection, its no wonder people are having a go at him.

Fuck knows what the solution is. Feels like we have decided to keep doing the same thing and hope he, or should that be the side, snap out of it.

I dont think he is playing that bad. He is still playing some great passes forward and there is no other fullback, maybe apart from Cancelo, who gets close. But he is struggling defensively but being left out to dry.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10121 on: October 1, 2022, 09:05:08 pm »
I don't think it's only the system. Trent has been very poor defensively in all situations the last 8 months.

Yeah he'll be disappointed at his own levels but I'm not sure what we can expect when he has to be the main creative force while defending a flank on his own while the CM ahead goes wandering

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #10122 on: October 1, 2022, 09:09:53 pm »
Thing with Trent is I can forgive defensive shortcomings considering his attacking output.

Its just that a lot of the time he doesn't even seem arsed defensively. He's a scouser and should be leaving every thing he has on the pitch every time he plays.

It feels like he's not doing that at the moment.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #10123 on: October 1, 2022, 09:15:51 pm »
At least England have a midfield even if it's not a particularly good one. Southgate is a negative manager but the basics are there.

Trent is being hung out to dry in whatever we're trying to do.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #10124 on: October 1, 2022, 11:20:37 pm »
His attitude is the problem defensively. He's not particularly quick and is vulnerable to a quick forward on that side (Zaha comes to mind, Rashford etc) but that isn't the issue, it is his passiveness and his lack of intensity. VVD is in the same boat. It has to change.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #10125 on: October 1, 2022, 11:32:51 pm »
He's basically the hub of our attack and the hub of almost all of our defensive breakdowns. Matip or Gomez being constantly dragged over to cover him is leaving Virgil in space and it's making our whole defensive structure something of a joke. Konate doesn't solve this either as the gap would still be huge between him and Virgil in the box. And this isn't even getting into his clear lack of effort at times. I said before I'd bench him and I honestly think for both club and player it's getting to that point. If Klopp is insistent on playing Milner then play him at RB if Ramsey isn't ready. Anything to just stop seeing this ridiculous shit every game now.

Offline WoodenHanger

• Ursine Wanger.
  • Main Stander
« Reply #10126 on: October 1, 2022, 11:37:18 pm »
The most mind blowing thing about this season, is that we've changed his position tactically and not only is it making him even more defensively vulnerable he's got 1 assist. We've managed to get less out of him offensively and made him over exposed.

He's essentially playing as an attacking midfielder who covers fullback as opposed to being an attacking fullback.

It's absolute lunacy.

Go through the goals we've conceded this season, about 90% of them come from down Trent side, and why fucking wouldn't they?

Imagine setting up against Liverpool, where you gonna target? Yep, behind Trent, because the guy isn't even playing right back 90% of the game, it's MADNESS. I don't know whos idea this was, but they need punting into the sea.

Back to basics. 

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10127 on: October 1, 2022, 11:55:57 pm »
He's basically the hub of our attack and the hub of almost all of our defensive breakdowns. Matip or Gomez being constantly dragged over to cover him is leaving Virgil in space and it's making our whole defensive structure something of a joke. Konate doesn't solve this either as the gap would still be huge between him and Virgil in the box. And this isn't even getting into his clear lack of effort at times. I said before I'd bench him and I honestly think for both club and player it's getting to that point. If Klopp is insistent on playing Milner then play him at RB if Ramsey isn't ready. Anything to just stop seeing this ridiculous shit every game now.

It isn't just Trent to be fair, there are multiple players who aren't anywhere near their best level.

I'd put Gomez in at RB, Hendo at No.6, with Harvey and Thiago in midfield, then play Diaz, Jota and Salah. Ibou, Fabinho and Trent available from the bench, and hopefully Robbo, Curtis and Naby back soon as well. We need to put in a few tough games in where we keep a clean sheet and build a bit of confidence at the back. Once our confidence comes back, we can start to re-integrate some out of form players like Fabinho, Trent and others.

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #10128 on: October 2, 2022, 12:21:55 am »
It isn't just Trent to be fair, there are multiple players who aren't anywhere near their best level.

I'd put Gomez in at RB, Hendo at No.6, with Harvey and Thiago in midfield, then play Diaz, Jota and Salah. Ibou, Fabinho and Trent available from the bench, and hopefully Robbo, Curtis and Naby back soon as well. We need to put in a few tough games in where we keep a clean sheet and build a bit of confidence at the back. Once our confidence comes back, we can start to re-integrate some out of form players like Fabinho, Trent and others.

Gomez was good when he played at RB last season, the trouble with Trent is that his contribution to our attacking options, including free kicks is immense. Given the paucity of midfield options and I think something radical might be necessary, we scored 3 today against a good defensive team and it's clear it's not the top end where the problem is. Any radical solution relates the back and midfeld.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10129 on: October 2, 2022, 12:28:23 am »

Gomez was good when he played at RB last season, the trouble with Trent is that his contribution to our attacking options, including free kicks is immense. Given the paucity of midfield options and I think something radical might be necessary, we scored 3 today against a good defensive team and it's clear it's not the top end where the problem is. Any radical solution relates the back and midfeld.

Trent's contribution has previously been immense. This season he has scored just 2 goals and registered 0 assists. I'd say that the lad form/confidence/fitness/whatever... isn't what it was. I don't think any player is beyond being dropped, especially if they are nowhere near their best and there is an alternative that isn't actually that bad (Gomez for instance is hardly a bad player). The same goes for Fabinho who's not in a good way (hence Hendo to No.6). We actually have a lot of options in the front 3 (Salah, Diaz, Firmino, Jota, Nunez) and I think we just need to go for consistency in selection there. Personally, I think the best 3 is Diaz, Jota and Salah.

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10130 on: October 2, 2022, 12:30:33 am »
It’s really weird, but I sometimes find myself hankering for a player like Markus Babbel at right back. He was pure champagne for that season he played for us. I’d really like to see Trent do a Philipp Lahm because I’m not sure if right back is working anymore
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #10131 on: October 2, 2022, 12:56:14 am »
Trent's contribution has previously been immense. This season he has scored just 2 goals and registered 0 assists. I'd say that the lad form/confidence/fitness/whatever... isn't what it was. I don't think any player is beyond being dropped, especially if they are nowhere near their best and there is an alternative that isn't actually that bad (Gomez for instance is hardly a bad player). The same goes for Fabinho who's not in a good way (hence Hendo to No.6). We actually have a lot of options in the front 3 (Salah, Diaz, Firmino, Jota, Nunez) and I think we just need to go for consistency in selection there. Personally, I think the best 3 is Diaz, Jota and Salah.

Yes, agreed, all is not right. A defender is like a keeper, keep conceding and the confidence sinks lower. He looks a lot happier playing further forward and appears sometimes to be trying to compensate for defensive issues by moving inside up front and seeking goals. I believe he did start as a youngster playing up front.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #10132 on: October 2, 2022, 01:03:43 am »
The most mind blowing thing about this season, is that we've changed his position tactically and not only is it making him even more defensively vulnerable he's got 1 assist. We've managed to get less out of him offensively and made him over exposed.

He's essentially playing as an attacking midfielder who covers fullback as opposed to being an attacking fullback.

It's absolute lunacy.

Go through the goals we've conceded this season, about 90% of them come from down Trent side, and why fucking wouldn't they?

Imagine setting up against Liverpool, where you gonna target? Yep, behind Trent, because the guy isn't even playing right back 90% of the game, it's MADNESS. I don't know whos idea this was, but they need punting into the sea.

Back to basics.

Its so weird and makes no sense almost like we’re trying to play him like cancelo play for city but it just isn’t working but we’re persisting with it. Just taking a guess here but it seems like Ljinders has a lot of say in the tactical set up. Was it maybe his idea and he’s too stubborn to give up on it.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #10133 on: October 2, 2022, 04:13:54 am »
He's basically had no competition for his position in the last 5 years. Even now, its hard to see him actually being dropped, because Gomez can maybe fill in a game or 2, but he's not real competition for the spot. I refuse to believe that his instructions were to let the wide man run past you and stand on the edge of our box for the counterattack doing nothing. He is in terrible form and ideally, you'd want to take him out of the team to get him out of the firing line but I can't see how we can even do that. The alternatives are just not there.
He looks burned out. Far too much football far too early in his career. We've seen this before and he does need to be protected for his own longevity and form.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10134 on: October 2, 2022, 04:23:36 am »

It's absolute lunacy.

Back to basics. 

This. All this stuff about desire, competition etc is just humbug. We've overcomplicated our set up and it's creaking all over the pitch. Back to basics, please!
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Topwings!

• Main Stander
« Reply #10135 on: October 2, 2022, 04:46:03 am »
Sounds like heresy but Trent should be a defender, first and foremost.  You can't be moaning about giving the opponent a headstart in 90% of our recent matches and not look at this aspect of the team/game plan/structure etc.  His modified "special" role is not working.  For sure this is only part of our general malaise this season but it's an important weakness identified by our opponents.  I would be amazed if Klopp and the coaching team do not address this issue sooner than later.   On a side note, where are the younger/youth/understudy leftbacks?  Bringing Milner on for Tsimikas or Robbon regularly is not a step forward and poor planning. 

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10136 on: October 2, 2022, 04:57:00 am »

It's absolute lunacy.

Back to basics. 

Isn't insanity doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results? It's obviously not working whatever they are doing with Alexander so it's time they need to change things up and rejig how they use him. For klopp to keep on moaning about how they need to play through it etc is just slamming their skulls against the walla due xpecting the wall to break instead of their heads!

Offline Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
« Reply #10137 on: October 2, 2022, 06:01:40 am »
I don’t understand why he isn’t concentrating on the basics.
He headed the ball right back into their possession today for one of the goals when he could have headed it out towards the line where there was space. He’s not switched on to the game around him. He’s been caught off guard from the first goal Mitrovic scored on the first day till today.

All joking aside, I used to play 5 a side and one of the guys used to smoke a solid before the game to get the body out of a bit of pain, and TAA os playing like he did. Not in the split second, a second or two later yeah.
For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10138 on: October 2, 2022, 06:05:21 am »

It's absolute lunacy.

Back to basics.

100% agree. He looks out of place during most of the match, clearly due to the tactical instructions given to him.

I have a feeling we have tried to fix a problem that didn't exist, i.e. teams figuring out how to counter Trent. Rather, we've ended up making things worse for us and him, both.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10139 on: October 2, 2022, 09:34:18 am »
100% agree. He looks out of place during most of the match, clearly due to the tactical instructions given to him.

I have a feeling we have tried to fix a problem that didn't exist, i.e. teams figuring out how to counter Trent. Rather, we've ended up making things worse for us and him, both.

I don’t know why we have chose to change a system that was quite clearly working? If it’s not broke don’t fix it 😫 it’s infuriating because he is so talented and I feel the role he’s quite clearly playing in now is limiting him. It must be by instruction, I doubt he’d go rogue. I was thinking maybe his positioning was like this last season but we didn’t notice because everything was going well? But I can never remember seeing him pop up in the number 8 position. Weird. He’s very rarely in the position to whip in a decent ball.

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10140 on: October 2, 2022, 10:08:36 am »
Thing with Trent is I can forgive defensive shortcomings considering his attacking output.

Its just that a lot of the time he doesn't even seem arsed defensively. He's a scouser and should be leaving every thing he has on the pitch every time he plays.

It feels like he's not doing that at the moment.

Doesn’t matter where the players are from, they should do that as an absolute minimum with the wages they get.

Look at Dirk Kuyt. Pretty shit footballer in all honesty with a first touch like the ball bouncing off a wall, but he always put a shift in on the pitch.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #10141 on: October 2, 2022, 10:16:18 am »
Still don't understand why he isn't benched. He offers nothing at the moment and needs time to get his head sorted

01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10142 on: October 2, 2022, 10:17:34 am »

It's absolute lunacy.

Back to basics. 

Exactly.
He was all over the pitch yesterday. Usually anywhere but RB.
Problem in possession is that it narrows us far too much and as TAA drifts inside, he unbalances the team and occupies the space Salah would want to be in, so Mo stays too wide and ineffectual.
Result is both players are performing poorly.
Out of possession it's a shit-show down our right and everyone knows this and exploits it. We could have been 4-0 down yesterday ffs.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10143 on: October 2, 2022, 10:23:03 am »
Just caught up on the match and Jesus he was pants. Dispossessed, out of position, hollywood shots and passes.

He's a phenomenal talent who's going through a rough patch with his attacking play while opposing teams are literally setting themselves up to attack his defensive weaknesses.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10144 on: October 2, 2022, 10:27:18 am »
Still don't understand why he isn't benched. He offers nothing at the moment and needs time to get his head sorted

Who else do we play there instead?  We have Calvin Ramsey, who played 24 league games last season, yet we put him out for several months. Wouldn’t play Joe Gomez there and defo not Milner either.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #10145 on: October 2, 2022, 10:47:06 am »
Although he has not been at his best I feel Klopp is letting him down, this new role is just not working, needs to go back to just being a RB and leave the Midfield to the midfielders.
Lijinders needs to put that concept in the bin.

Offline will2003

• Legacy Fan
  • God and a Legend
« Reply #10146 on: October 2, 2022, 10:53:28 am »
Although he has not been at his best I feel Klopp is letting him down, this new role is just not working, needs to go back to just being a RB and leave the Midfield to the midfielders.
Lijinders needs to put that concept in the bin.

I agree he either needs to be a midfielder or go back to what has worked in the past. He looks so lost at the moment on the pitch
"We gave the fans their pride - again. We fought for the fans, we fought for the club and we fought for our players." - Legend

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10147 on: October 2, 2022, 10:56:15 am »
Who else do we play there instead?  We have Calvin Ramsey, who played 24 league games last season, yet we put him out for several months. Wouldn’t play Joe Gomez there and defo not Milner either.

I would play Jomez there and ask him to defend first but join the attack when he can. He has the recovery pace to do it.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #10148 on: October 2, 2022, 10:57:04 am »

How in god’s name did ‘we put him out for several months’ when Ramsay’s underlying injury was only discovered when he arrived?

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10149 on: October 2, 2022, 11:05:33 am »
How in god’s name did ‘we put him out for several months’ when Ramsay’s underlying injury was only discovered when he arrived?

When he had his medical I remember reading they found something that “could” impact him down the line so they decided to operate. Why not wait and see if what they thought was the issue actually happens and then operate?  Not like the issue kept him out for 90% of last season.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10150 on: October 2, 2022, 11:24:02 am »
Did the mistakes he made yesterday have anything to do with the tactics/role he is being asked to play or tiredness? No. The two big ones he made in the first 20 minutes were while he was alongside the rest of the defense. I think we all accept if he gets caught up the field but he is making basic individual mistakes. He's shown himself to be a competent (if not great) defender at the highest level for a number of season so this idea that he can't defend is nonsense but right now he is lacking confidence and there are some games it might make more sense to play Gomez at RB.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10151 on: October 2, 2022, 11:50:57 am »
Did the mistakes he made yesterday have anything to do with the tactics/role he is being asked to play or tiredness? No. The two big ones he made in the first 20 minutes were while he was alongside the rest of the defense. I think we all accept if he gets caught up the field but he is making basic individual mistakes. He's shown himself to be a competent (if not great) defender at the highest level for a number of season so this idea that he can't defend is nonsense but right now he is lacking confidence and there are some games it might make more sense to play Gomez at RB.

Or could it be that the midfield is no longer able to cover for his movement upfield and the shakiness that it is causing is impacting his confidence in not having the secure cover he always had so he is making unforced mistakes more frequently?

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10152 on: October 2, 2022, 11:58:51 am »

Maybe it's time to try Trent in midfield? I don't think he's a terrible defender at all. A lot of our problems stem from midfield being over the hill and not covering back very well.. With Trent as a rcm he'd track back to cover Gomez very well you'd expect and we wouldn't lose his ability to run the game with those passes.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #10153 on: October 2, 2022, 12:08:46 pm »
Maybe it's time to try Trent in midfield? I don't think he's a terrible defender at all. A lot of our problems stem from midfield being over the hill and not covering back very well.. With Trent as a rcm he'd track back to cover Gomez very well you'd expect and we wouldn't lose his ability to run the game with those passes.

It seems like this season he’s been asked to press ridiculously high and he ends up playing up front / RW position most of the game, especially as we’ve been chasing a result in pretty much every game this season. As others have suggested, back to basics and just play RB to the point where he barely crosses the halfway line. Conserve your energy for the odd run forward.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10154 on: October 2, 2022, 12:16:49 pm »
It’s gotten to the point where I would give him some time out of the team and have Gomez come in, decent going forward but much better defensively. We’re a shambles at the back, let’s go back to basics and start with a solid defensive platform. He’s not the only one that could do with dropping, honourable mentions for Virgil, Fab, Hendo and Mo just show the length of our issues. One or two players you can hide away and cover for but when the spine of your side is hugely out of form you’ve got big issues and it’s showing.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10155 on: October 2, 2022, 12:20:54 pm »
It’s gotten to the point where I would give him some time out of the team and have Gomez come in, decent going forward but much better defensively. We’re a shambles at the back, let’s go back to basics and start with a solid defensive platform. He’s not the only one that could do with dropping, honourable mentions for Virgil, Fab, Hendo and Mo just show the length of our issues. One or two players you can hide away and cover for but when the spine of your side is hugely out of form you’ve got big issues and it’s showing.

If you think Mo needs to be dropped you’re a madman.

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10156 on: October 2, 2022, 12:59:24 pm »
It seems like this season he’s been asked to press ridiculously high and he ends up playing up front / RW position most of the game, especially as we’ve been chasing a result in pretty much every game this season. As others have suggested, back to basics and just play RB to the point where he barely crosses the halfway line. Conserve your energy for the odd run forward.

See for me he's always been a world class attacker and a good defender.  I'd hate us to lose the former in order to try and Improve the latter.  We're really lacking in midfield right now and we've got players on the bench who could do a good job locking that rb position down defensively.

If Trent were able to adapt he'd be a better rcm than anyone in the squad.  Right now he's basically playing there anyway and somehow we are expecting him to also do RB duties.

I do think a lot of our problems are down to our midfield not filling gaps, tracking back etc.  Time and time again our backine are forced to step out because there's nobody covering the space or pressuring the player on the ball and they're doubled up on so when they step out it leaves a player free into space.  Every one of our defense has had that problem and it is all down to the midfield for me.
« Last Edit: October 2, 2022, 01:01:29 pm by Cid »

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #10157 on: October 2, 2022, 01:04:54 pm »
When he had his medical I remember reading they found something that “could” impact him down the line so they decided to operate. Why not wait and see if what they thought was the issue actually happens and then operate?  Not like the issue kept him out for 90% of last season.

So how would it have looked if we’d have played him in a pre season game and it made the injury worse? Or play him carrying an injury to replace an out of form Trent?

And I’m not sure where you are getting the information about him needing an operation either.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10158 on: October 2, 2022, 01:06:31 pm »
Alexander's needs a rest on the bench to recover is from and confidence. In the meantime fabinho needs to be take out if the firing line in tbe midfield also so why not use his defensive qualities and restore his to right back where fabinho originally started out playing? Play bajcetic with Henderson and thiago to provide more dynamism and speed to the midfield.

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10159 on: October 2, 2022, 01:35:35 pm »
So how would it have looked if we’d have played him in a pre season game and it made the injury worse? Or play him carrying an injury to replace an out of form Trent?

And I’m not sure where you are getting the information about him needing an operation either.

But say he didn’t get injured?  That’s what I’m saying. It’s not like he came injured was it?  He played 24 league games for Aberdeen last year.

Just thought it was flawed logic. We’ve got a badly out of sorts player in Trent and no one to be back up for him. Apart from the player we’ve put out for 3/4 months
« Last Edit: October 2, 2022, 03:29:54 pm by lfcred1976 »