Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1385384 times)

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #10440 on: October 10, 2022, 01:15:58 pm »
Can't really blame him for the first goal as he had no choice but to shift over with the rest of the defence and Henderson and Salah didn't cover but it was a bizarre decision from him that led to 2nd goal.

Looked like a FIFA moment where the player takes over and does his own random shit

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10441 on: October 10, 2022, 01:22:28 pm »
He may not be Maldini but he has shown fairly consistently over the last few years that he can defend and against the best players on the planet. But he's head is all over the place at the moment. Going through a difficult time but he'll be back on top form sooner or later.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10442 on: October 10, 2022, 01:25:31 pm »
Take him out the firing line for a bit and play Gomez.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10443 on: October 10, 2022, 01:25:35 pm »
Can't really blame him for the first goal as he had no choice but to shift over with the rest of the defence and Henderson and Salah didn't cover but it was a bizarre decision from him that led to 2nd goal.

Need to watch again, but for the first goal, he stuck his leg out but then pulled it back allowing Martinelli to run through. Not sure if he heard something from Allison or was never going to make it so hesitated

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10444 on: October 10, 2022, 01:29:54 pm »
Need to watch again, but for the first goal, he stuck his leg out but then pulled it back allowing Martinelli to run through. Not sure if he heard something from Allison or was never going to make it so hesitated

We get ourselves into a position 50 seconds into the game where the opposition are 25 yards from our goal with a 3 on 1 on our right back. The second comes from our freekick, they get past one weak as piss tackle from Thiago and break 80 yards. He has been in poor form this season but fuck me as a team we've not helped at all, no one is doing their job well which means they aren't helping others

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #10445 on: October 10, 2022, 01:31:51 pm »
Take him out the firing line for a bit and play Gomez.

Well his injury may well give him a rest.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10446 on: October 10, 2022, 01:37:43 pm »
We get ourselves into a position 50 seconds into the game where the opposition are 25 yards from our goal with a 3 on 1 on our right back. The second comes from our freekick, they get past one weak as piss tackle from Thiago and break 80 yards. He has been in poor form this season but fuck me as a team we've not helped at all, no one is doing their job well which means they aren't helping others

That 2nd goal is 75% about Trent, Hendo had the situation relatively controlled even if Thiago doesn’t initially bring the man down. Martinelli was being shown down the line, Matip could have gone and provided cover if Martinelli cut inside. Trent was in perfect position to cut out a pass IF Hendo got beaten but instead made up Martinellis mind for him & gave him a free pass by trying to cover. Brainless defending.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 01:40:27 pm by Studgotelli »

Offline istvan kozma

• Legacy Fan
  • "We have dreams and songs to sing"
« Reply #10447 on: October 10, 2022, 01:47:21 pm »
That 2nd goal is 75% about Trent, Hendo had the situation relatively controlled even if Thiago doesn’t initially bring the man down. Martinelli was being shown down the line, Matip could have gone and provided cover if Martinelli cut inside. Trent was in perfect position to cut out a pass IF Hendo got beaten but instead made up Martinellis mind for him & gave him a free pass by trying to cover. Brainless defending.
How you even watched the goal back?
A lot of what's in your post is total nonsense.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10448 on: October 10, 2022, 02:08:50 pm »

Have you? You think that was the right decision by Trent? You think they score so easily if Trent doesn’t vacate his position brainlessly?

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10449 on: October 10, 2022, 02:11:18 pm »
Have you? You think that was the right decision by Trent? You think they score so easily if Trent doesn’t vacate his position brainlessly?

It was an incredible decision by Trent. They might have scored if he didn't do it, but his actions guaranteed they did.

Offline Studgotelli

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10450 on: October 10, 2022, 02:14:00 pm »
It was an incredible decision by Trent. They might have scored if he didn't do it, but his actions guaranteed they did.

Guy I was replying to knows fuck all about football if he’s saying what I’m saying is nonsense. Clearly doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10451 on: October 10, 2022, 02:20:55 pm »
Guy I was replying to knows fuck all about football if he’s saying what I’m saying is nonsense. Clearly doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

It's not something that requires analysis.  My exact words in real time were " what the fuck is Trent doing?".
The way we left ourselves open to the counter attack is another issue.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #10452 on: October 10, 2022, 02:24:58 pm »

Or Hendo could have realised Trent had gone to cover and stopped Martinelli cutting inside. For both the first two goals Trent simply doesn't trust Hendo to do his job.

Hendos levels off the ball have declined incredibly. A couple of years ago Hendo cuts out the first attack and stops Martinelli cutting inside for the second.

Trent has made poor decisions for both goals and certainly hasn't covered himself in glory for either goal. The problem for me is the continual overloads down the right.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline istvan kozma

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10453 on: October 10, 2022, 02:25:59 pm »
They had an overload at the back post regardless of what Trent did. Your analysis of 'Matip could have gone and provided cover if Martinelli cut inside', is laughable, HE DID CUT INSIDE!. Matip was still running back and wasn't in position when the cross was made. Btw 'the guy who knows fuck all about football' is the person you look at in the mirror every morning, because if you think Trent is 75% responsible for the goal, you really are clueless.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #10454 on: October 10, 2022, 02:28:13 pm »
Or Hendo could have realised Trent had gone to cover and stopped Martinelli cutting inside. For both the first two goals Trent simply doesn't trust Hendo to do his job.

Hendos levels off the ball have declined incredibly. A couple of years ago Hendo cuts out the first attack and stops Martinelli cutting inside for the second.

Trent has made poor decisions for both goals and certainly hasn't covered himself in glory for either goal. The problem for me is the continual overloads down the right.

Yeah, a lot of the issues and problems that come to Trent's door, come from the Captains lack of covering and awareness of runners. The other guy who was brilliant when Trent got himself forward was Gini W.

So we need a solution from TAA and a covering midfielder---with energy in his legs!
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Studgotelli

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10455 on: October 10, 2022, 02:32:17 pm »
They had an overload at the back post regardless of what Trent did. Your analysis of 'Matip could have gone and provided cover if Martinelli cut inside', is laughable, HE DID CUT INSIDE!. Matip was still running back and wasn't in position when the cross was made. Btw 'the guy who knows fuck all about football' is the person you look at in the mirror every morning, because if you think Trent is 75% responsible for the goal, you really are clueless.

Mate you know fuck all because Hendo was showing Martinelli down the fucking line and would have bought himself enough time to allow the recovering players to get back if Martinelli then decided to cut back. He wasn’t going to cut inside until he saw Trent started coming over are you for real? Do you think VVD or Matip in that position are going across to help Hendo? They will have stayed in the area to block a possible pass. That’s recognising the situation.

Yeah they had an overload but Trent was in the perfect position to take away Martinelli’s options to find them. It’s not complicated. That’s why I’m saying you’re the one that doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #10456 on: October 10, 2022, 02:33:11 pm »

Er..That was spot on what he said
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline istvan kozma

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10457 on: October 10, 2022, 02:36:48 pm »
Mate you know fuck all because Hendo was showing Martinelli down the fucking line and would have bought himself enough time to allow the recovering players to get back if Martinelli then decided to cut back. He wasn’t going to cut inside until he saw Trent started coming over are you for real? Do you think VVD or Matip in that position are going across to help Hendo? They will have stayed in the area to block a possible pass. That’s recognising the situation.

Yeah they had an overload but Trent was in the perfect position to take away Martinelli’s options to find them. It’s not complicated. That’s why I’m saying you’re the one that doesn’t know what he’s talking about.
.....Then let him cut inside and make the cross, exactly what Trent did, pay attention 'it's not complicated'.

Offline istvan kozma

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10458 on: October 10, 2022, 02:39:48 pm »
Er..That was spot on what he said
Er no it wasn't, the idea Matip would've cut out the cross if Trent had stayed in his position is laughable.

Offline Studgotelli

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10459 on: October 10, 2022, 02:39:53 pm »
.....Then let him cut inside and make the cross, exactly what Trent did, pay attention 'it's not complicated'.

If Trent stays where he is and Martinelli manages to cut inside of Hendo makes that same cross does the ball make it’s way across our box like that? Yes or no?

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #10460 on: October 10, 2022, 02:40:18 pm »
Yeah, a lot of the issues and problems that come to Trent's door, come from the Captains lack of covering and awareness of runners. The other guy who was brilliant when Trent got himself forward was Gini W.

So we need a solution from TAA and a covering midfielder---with energy in his legs!

I think we have to look at Salah as well. It was fine giving him a free role when he was scoring goals and above all occupying 2 or 3 opposition players

That isn't happening anymore. For me there has been a drop off in the entire right side of our team over the last 12 months.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #10461 on: October 10, 2022, 02:42:20 pm »
If Trent stays where he is and Martinelli manages to cut inside of Hendo makes that same cross does the ball make it’s way across our box like that? Yes or no?

Either Martinelli takes on the shot or just draws Trent and squares it. The problem is yet another overload down our RHS.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Studgotelli

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10462 on: October 10, 2022, 02:42:20 pm »
Er no it wasn't, the idea Matip would've cut out the cross if Trent had stayed in his position is laughable.

That’s not what I said   :butt Proving my point

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10463 on: October 10, 2022, 02:43:19 pm »
Yes, have you ever seen someone turn their ankle and carry on playing yes? are you being a knob? yes should you stfu? yes

Yes & I've done it several times.,he was able to carry on (at least I have) but the minute he stopped moving the pain really kicks in.

Dickhead.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 02:50:09 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Studgotelli

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10464 on: October 10, 2022, 02:44:19 pm »
Either Martinelli takes on the shot or just draws Trent and squares it. The problem is yet another overload down our RHS.

Yes I get what you mean about RHS, the point is he has to beat Allison if he takes the shot. He may not have scored from the shot.

Trent makes the guys mind up by coming across!!! Leaves him with a simple ball across the box. He doesn’t have that option if Trent STAYS. It’s simple I can’t believe I’m arguing about it.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10465 on: October 10, 2022, 02:45:45 pm »

Yes but if trent hadn't doubled up with Henderson [he essentially ran into a complete no mans land] then he'd have been in position to cover where martinelli eventually crossed from.

Henderson was very poor for the first goal, and generally didn't do well at all throughout yesterday - consistently drifting left and leaving trent exposed. I'd maybe criticise him for not just taking the yellow on martinelli in the breakaway [the whole fucking sequence from our free kick was right up there with the most brainless passages of play we've had under Klopp] but beyond that he just about got it right, chances are he was always going to get done cutting back so why trent then occupied the space henderson was covering anyway was beyond me from when he made the run.

3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline istvan kozma

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10466 on: October 10, 2022, 02:52:59 pm »
That’s not what I said   :butt Proving my point
You claimed matip was in position to cover the attack
Matip could have gone and provided cover if Martinelli cut inside.
He wasn't, Martinelli cut inside Trent and Henderson for the goal, Matip was still running back to get in position.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10467 on: October 10, 2022, 02:54:58 pm »
You claimed matip was in position to cut out the cross He wasn't, Martinelli cut inside Trent and Henderson for the goal, Matip was still running back to get in position.

Hendo left his man & Trent had to cover 2,he had to do the same when he got injured.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #10468 on: October 10, 2022, 02:55:55 pm »
Yes I get what you mean about RHS, the point is he has to beat Allison if he takes the shot. He may not have scored from the shot.

Trent makes the guys mind up by coming across!!! Leaves him with a simple ball across the box. He doesn’t have that option if Trent STAYS. It’s simple I can’t believe I’m arguing about it.

Trent comes across because he has absolutely zero confidence in Hendo stopping Martinelli. The sad thing is he was correct.

A couple of seasons ago Hendo was absolutely elite in those situations. He mopped up time and time again. He was seriously quick for a centre mid and could match wide players for speed.

Martinelli does exactly what he wants. He carries the ball into the danger area then leaves Hendo for dead
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10469 on: October 10, 2022, 02:57:29 pm »

I agree overloads on the right are a massive problem and the fact we have no athletes left in midfield is one reason (not the only one).

But the second goal didn't come from an overload on the right. We were caught out on a break from a set piece. It's not up to Trent to trust Hendo or not. It's the basic job of tracking the runner beside him and he runs towards Henderson which achieves nothing except creating an overload in the box which Tsimikas has no hope of defending.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10470 on: October 10, 2022, 03:01:33 pm »
Trent comes across because he has absolutely zero confidence in Hendo stopping Martinelli. The sad thing is he was correct.

A couple of seasons ago Hendo was absolutely elite in those situations. He mopped up time and time again. He was seriously quick for a centre mid and could match wide players for speed.

Martinelli does exactly what he wants. He carries the ball into the danger area then leaves Hendo for dead

He shouldn’t be coming across

Hendo was standing the guy up.

You can’t possibly blame anyone other than Trent for that situation.

Some of the denials in here about his decisions yesterday remind me of dot cotton defending Nick in eastenders 😂😂

Jurgen Klopp

Offline istvan kozma

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10471 on: October 10, 2022, 03:05:15 pm »

Some of the denials in here about his decisions yesterday remind me of dot cotton defending Nick in eastenders 😂😂
It's nothing about denials, it about analysing the goal without an agenda. The team failed miserable for that second goal, to try a dig out 1 individual for it is laughable.

Offline Studgotelli

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10472 on: October 10, 2022, 03:06:02 pm »
You claimed matip was in position to cover the attack He wasn't, Martinelli cut inside Trent and Henderson for the goal, Matip was still running back to get in position.

No I didn’t fucking say that. You’re misunderstanding what I’m saying FFS.

I’m saying if Trent doesn’t come over, Hendo continues to show him down the line because where is GM passing to along the floor if Trent doesn’t vacate the space he was in. Martinelli had 4 options if Trent stayed:
1. check back at the point he did, cross the ball in THE AIR and see what happens if it goes in,
2. Check back at the point he did, take the shot and try to beat Alisson,
3. Check back and play the ball along the floor and Trent is there to clear it because he’s in the position to cut out the pass
4. continue to take Hendo down the outside and try to cross the ball on his left foot giving our players more time to recover

If you notice, Martinelli doesn’t fucking pass the ball earlier in the move because Trent is covering the space for him to pass into. He then vacated that space leaving it open for the pass.

My point was if the space doesn’t become available because of Trent, Hendo continues showing him down the line, it buys seconds for the others to get back. If GM then tries to cut inside a few seconds later then Matip is there to cover. If GM goes down the outside then cuts back in there’s less options. Go and look back at the goal, Martinelli is undecided on what he wants to do UNTIL Trent starts coming over because the space becomes available.

Offline istvan kozma

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10473 on: October 10, 2022, 03:08:56 pm »
No I didn’t fucking say that. You’re misunderstanding what I’m saying FFS.

I’m saying if Trent doesn’t come over, Hendo continues to show him down the line because where is GM passing to along the floor if Trent doesn’t vacate the space he was in. Martinelli had 4 options if Trent stayed:
1. check back at the point he did, cross the ball in THE AIR and see what happens if it goes in,
2. Check back at the point he did, take the shot and try to beat Alisson,
3. Check back and play the ball along the floor and Trent is there to clear it because he’s in the position to cut out the pass
4. continue to take Hendo down the outside and try to cross the ball on his left foot giving our players more time to recover

If you notice, Martinelli doesn’t fucking pass the ball earlier in the move because Trent is covering the space for him to pass into. He then vacated that space leaving it open for the pass.

My point was if the space doesn’t become available because of Trent, Hendo continues showing him down the line, it buys seconds for the others to get back. If GM then tries to cut inside a few seconds later then Matip is there to cover. If GM goes down the outside then cuts back in there’s less options. Go and look back at the goal, Martinelli is undecided on what he wants to do UNTIL Trent starts coming over because the space becomes available.
Your post is rambling nonsense, I don't no where to begin.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #10474 on: October 10, 2022, 03:10:56 pm »
I agree overloads on the right are a massive problem and the fact we have no athletes left in midfield is one reason (not the only one).

But the second goal didn't come from an overload on the right. We were caught out on a break from a set piece. It's not up to Trent to trust Hendo or not. It's the basic job of tracking the runner beside him and he runs towards Henderson which achieves nothing except creating an overload in the box which Tsimikas has no hope of defending.

For me Trent trains against Hendo day in day out and knows how good Martinelli is. He realises it is a complete mismatch and tries to intervene. He does that because he can see the inevitable overload occuring right Infront of his eyes. Trent stops Martinelli going around Hendo so the only thing Hendo has to do is to stop Martinelli cutting back inside.

It is a poor decision by Trent but it is what happens when you are continually exposed.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10475 on: October 10, 2022, 03:12:28 pm »
I'd cut him a little slack on the first however.  That was an overload we should have been specifically dialled into. Arsenal must have even been surprised it was so easy. Trent appears to be caught in several minds and ends up doing nothing. He was woefully outnumbered though.

Offline Studgotelli

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10476 on: October 10, 2022, 03:13:12 pm »
Your post is rambling nonsense, I don't no where to begin.

:lmao you are clueless pal.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #10477 on: October 10, 2022, 03:20:27 pm »
It's all on Trent, that second goal.  Had the roles been reversed and Henderson sold himself like Trent did, he'd be getting all sorts.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #10478 on: October 10, 2022, 03:23:08 pm »

Hendo doesn't stand him up though. Martinelli picks the ball up in his own half and is allowed to carry the ball into our box at full speed.

Hendo doesn't slow him down, doesn't make a challenge and then allows Martinelli to come inside without a challenge. It is horrific defending almost Skrtelesque.

Trent makes a poor decision but isn't the one who fails to do the basics.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10479 on: October 10, 2022, 03:31:57 pm »
It's nothing about denials, it about analysing the goal without an agenda. The team failed miserable for that second goal, to try a dig out 1 individual for it is laughable.

Well Personally I’m certainly not doing that.

Trent has been playing in the team the last 5 years where we’ve won everything. What is he suddenly shit?

I think the truth is his weaknesses as a FB are now exposed due to other parts of the team that were happening not happening. CB came across and covered him a lot of the time because we could afford to as the midfield were back in centrally. Hendo doesn’t get about like he did

For that particular goal yesterday I don’t think in the 46th min where we got back into the game ready for the 2nd half we would’ve been making a proper set piece out of that free kick in years gone by. That was number one

Then we lose the possession from the free kick and the counter starts

Thiago tries to foul but doesn’t try hard enough. Grab him get a yellow, but Ok alls not lost get back in

Ball breaks to martinelli, hendo shows him wide does ok to hold him up. Trent is so focused on martinelli and hendo he leaves tsimikas on his own with 3 arsenal players behind him

Those 3 arsenal players have all outpaced our players to get there by the way. Nunez is the one who actually overtakes everyone to try to get back.

When martinelli eventually gets to a position where gets to cross Trent has left the exact area the ball goes to do pretty much nothing

But then the other issues come to light, the place is bereft of life. 3 arsenal players v tsimkas

I think Klopp on that goal will be most pissed off with the fact they’re walloping the ball into the box from that position vacating the place. Then when that happens there’s so many different roads the play could’ve been taken down. Thiago foul, Matip just get back in instead of trying to tackle then you’d be back there. VVD on his heels from the head down

Where do you stop ?

Ultimately you need to probably go right back to avoiding the whole thing and keep posession like we have been doing

Jurgen Klopp