Author Topic: Nintendo Switch (was NX)  (Read 111458 times)

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
Re: Nintendo Switch (was NX)
« Reply #1240 on: August 6, 2022, 08:00:02 am »
Think they’ve tweaked it, but just having the Mario Kart DLC thrown in with it will make it worthwhile.

Another wave of tracks has just dropped.
Which is nice :)
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #1241 on: August 22, 2022, 10:45:18 am »
And Waverace 64 added to the N64 catalogue now too.

Now if i could just get a spare 5 mins to play....
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1242 on: August 22, 2022, 11:52:34 am »
And Waverace 64 added to the N64 catalogue now too.

Now if i could just get a spare 5 mins to play....
I remember being shocked, shocked, by the amazing graphics when this game released back in the day. Especially how they made the water. It probably looks shit now, mind you.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1243 on: September 12, 2022, 03:26:40 pm »
Direct tomorrow at 3pm. Not being shown through Nintendo UK streams though, as a mark of respect. Give me strength.
AHA!

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1244 on: September 12, 2022, 04:09:26 pm »
Will they give a date for BOTW2?

Offline gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1245 on: September 12, 2022, 04:53:36 pm »
I’d imagine they’d save that (along with gameplay) for a solely focused Direct on that game.

This will be stuff releasing up to March, I’d imagine. So wouldn’t expect it before then.
AHA!

Offline gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1246 on: September 13, 2022, 03:47:48 pm »
Well…shut me up…Tears Of The Kingdom. Not much in the way of gameplay.

Excellent Direct in all though, something for everyone. Except no F-Zero  :'(
AHA!

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1247 on: September 13, 2022, 04:28:20 pm »
Goldeneye is the big one there, with actual online play as well. Can't believe it. Only thing to better that would be if there was a next gen remake of it but I can't see that ever being released now

Was amazed they showed anything from the next Zelda, just a peak but looks like more of the same which I think everyone will be happy about

Online TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #1248 on: September 14, 2022, 02:09:48 am »
Will they give a date for BOTW2?
12th May 2023 it looks like.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #1249 on: September 14, 2022, 06:41:26 am »
Well…shut me up…Tears Of The Kingdom. Not much in the way of gameplay.

I just clicked on a link from a Nintendo email that I was about to blow away.  And saw the Zelda comment.
Light at the end of the period of mourning!

And just seen the comment by ScottScott , I fast fwded through the video , but will have to go back to the Goldeneye bit.  I fear it will never live up to memories. But the music was brilliant!
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline LOKKO

• Legacy Fan
  • what chu talkin' bout willis?
« Reply #1250 on: January 17, 2023, 05:32:32 pm »
 Thinking of picking up switch lite  for my 6 year old is there a good selection of new games still coming out for them?

Online JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #1251 on: January 17, 2023, 10:00:36 pm »
Thinking of picking up switch lite  for my 6 year old is there a good selection of new games still coming out for them?

Yep, still hugely enjoying the output!

Offline gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1252 on: January 17, 2023, 10:03:51 pm »
Think they’ve stated last year that it’s only halfway through its lifecycle too. Albeit an upgraded version may be needed if that’s the case. Or their new console is backwards compatible.
AHA!

Offline XabiGerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1253 on: February 6, 2023, 11:38:21 pm »
Just ordered a Switch after thinking about getting one for a while. Got it with Mario Kart Live but will probably sell it on if I can get around £50 for it. Noticed most games tend to hold their value so bargains seem hard to come by? Any tips for a newbie to the switch?

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #1254 on: February 7, 2023, 08:17:17 am »
Any tips for a newbie to the switch?

What kind of games do you enjoy? A specific type or just good games in general (i.e. irrespective of their genre)?

Offline XabiGerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1255 on: February 7, 2023, 08:49:57 am »
What kind of games do you enjoy? A specific type or just good games in general (i.e. irrespective of their genre)?
Just good games in general, strategy and ones with decent storylines. Another thing, is the online expansion pack worth it? Can you only buy it through Nintendo or can you get it from 3rd party abit cheaper?

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #1256 on: February 7, 2023, 01:39:02 pm »
Just good games in general, strategy and ones with decent storylines. Another thing, is the online expansion pack worth it? Can you only buy it through Nintendo or can you get it from 3rd party abit cheaper?

Have you ever played a Zelda game? I started my Switch journey with Breath of the Wild and it is now one of my favourite games of all time. If you start now, you'd be primed for when the sequel (Tears of the Kingdom) releases in May.

Mario Odyssey is also really well made and lots of fun, whilst you can pass some chill hours with Animal Crossing but still go crazy with it after a while if you fancy designing an entire island with a plethora of tools.

My absolute favourites however have been indie games such as Hades (an action-packed rogue-lite) and Hollow Knight (the best metroidvania of all time?!) which work incredibly well on the Switch and which you can usually pick them for a cheap price in the Nintendo online store.

If you enjoy multiplayer games, you're already pretty safe with Mario Kart. Splatoon would be another fun option.

Offline gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1257 on: February 7, 2023, 02:09:54 pm »
If you’re put of by the prices of the first party stuff (I wouldn’t blame you, I’m still waiting on Donkey Kong to drop less than £35), there’s some good indie stuff. Golf Story is always my go to recommendation, got a sequel out but the less said the better by all accounts.

What The Golf? is a cracker too. Bit of a golf theme…

Direct tomorrow night at 10.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2023, 02:14:30 pm by gerrardisgod »
AHA!

Online JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #1258 on: February 7, 2023, 04:50:39 pm »
Have you ever played a Zelda game? I started my Switch journey with Breath of the Wild and it is now one of my favourite games of all time. If you start now, you'd be primed for when the sequel (Tears of the Kingdom) releases in May.

Mario Odyssey is also really well made and lots of fun, whilst you can pass some chill hours with Animal Crossing but still go crazy with it after a while if you fancy designing an entire island with a plethora of tools.

My absolute favourites however have been indie games such as Hades (an action-packed rogue-lite) and Hollow Knight (the best metroidvania of all time?!) which work incredibly well on the Switch and which you can usually pick them for a cheap price in the Nintendo online store.

If you enjoy multiplayer games, you're already pretty safe with Mario Kart. Splatoon would be another fun option.

What he said.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1259 on: February 7, 2023, 11:31:04 pm »
Just ordered a Switch after thinking about getting one for a while. Got it with Mario Kart Live but will probably sell it on if I can get around £50 for it. Noticed most games tend to hold their value so bargains seem hard to come by? Any tips for a newbie to the switch?

What emergency exit said. Breath of the Wild and Hades are amazing.

In terms of bargains, they often have sales on where you can pick up some great games relatively cheaply. They won't be the likes of Mario or Zelda but indies and older games that have been ported to the Switch, so keep an eye out for those.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline XabiGerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1260 on: February 8, 2023, 01:29:54 pm »
Just borrowed Zelda off of a colleague so looking forward to giving that a try this evening. Been playing Little Nightmares, really enjoyable so far. Very similar aspect to Limbo, would recommend it

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1261 on: February 8, 2023, 05:54:39 pm »
My left joypad is knackered. Can I literally just by a new one and stick it in and start using it? And any advice where to get one?

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #1262 on: February 8, 2023, 06:27:30 pm »
3.5 hours left until the Nintendo direct. Fingers crossed for a Silksong release date announcement.

Online JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #1263 on: February 8, 2023, 08:48:45 pm »
My left joypad is knackered. Can I literally just by a new one and stick it in and start using it? And any advice where to get one?

I'm pretty sure you can, worth borrowing one off a friend though if you know anyone with a switch to make sure it's an issue with the joycon rather than the switch.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1264 on: February 8, 2023, 08:50:43 pm »
For what it’s worth on the subject of controllers I got a Switch Pro Controller for Xmas and the difference is night and day, especially if you’ve got big clumsy hands like I have.
« Last Edit: February 8, 2023, 08:53:36 pm by Jm55 »

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #1265 on: February 9, 2023, 08:52:06 am »
Shut up and take my money

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fYZuiFDQwQw&amp;ab" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fYZuiFDQwQw&amp;ab</a>

Game Boy and Game Boy Advance game being added to the online subscription right now

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1266 on: February 9, 2023, 09:26:57 am »
Shut up and take my money

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fYZuiFDQwQw&amp;ab" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fYZuiFDQwQw&amp;ab</a>

Game Boy and Game Boy Advance game being added to the online subscription right now

GOTY 2023 incoming.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1267 on: February 9, 2023, 10:58:21 am »
For what it’s worth on the subject of controllers I got a Switch Pro Controller for Xmas and the difference is night and day, especially if you’ve got big clumsy hands like I have.
Yes. If you have got the money, the Pro Controller is a must-have

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1268 on: February 9, 2023, 05:25:07 pm »
I'm pretty sure you can, worth borrowing one off a friend though if you know anyone with a switch to make sure it's an issue with the joycon rather than the switch.

Ha. I’m definitely the only person in my small group of 40+ year old mates with a switch. I’m pretty sure the direction joy stick is just broken. Doesn’t really ‘do’ directly downwards.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1269 on: February 9, 2023, 05:28:05 pm »
GOTY 2023 incoming.

I’ve been waiting for this as much as the next person, but felt a little flat after that. Sort of just looks like the last one with a few different weapons? And the VO wasn’t great. Just me?

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1270 on: February 9, 2023, 05:30:20 pm »
What he said.

Surely you start with Ocarina of timer or older?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Wolverine

• Main Stander
« Reply #1271 on: February 9, 2023, 06:31:53 pm »
Meh, just looks like some DLC really. I don't even get Breath of the wild hype so overrated, played the game on and off and found it boring could never get into it.

Online JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #1272 on: February 10, 2023, 09:33:20 am »
Meh, just looks like some DLC really. I don't even get Breath of the wild hype so overrated, played the game on and off and found it boring could never get into it.

:no

Surely you start with Ocarina of timer or older?

I never played any of the older Zelda games. My first was BOTW and was really blown away by it. Have said it before but it's the only Switch game I regret selling after I finished it - would just love to explore the map again. Thankfully it looks like that's basically going to be doable in the sequel!

Ha. I’m definitely the only person in my small group of 40+ year old mates with a switch. I’m pretty sure the direction joy stick is just broken. Doesn’t really ‘do’ directly downwards.

Yeah it does sound like a joycon issue. Wonder if you went into a CEX or similar (one of those gadget repair shops) if they'd let you try sticking a new joycon on it and checking it works. I think you should be fine though.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1273 on: February 10, 2023, 09:40:14 am »
BOTW is great for the world, ways you can explore and sheer amount of crafted, no filler moments.
Story is shite, characters are shite, weapons degrading mechanic is shite, main villain is shite.
But it's still a glorious sandbox well worth spending time in.
It's just not a very good RPG, it's something different.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1274 on: February 10, 2023, 09:40:42 am »

Who let this motherfucker back in?

Offline Disregarder

• Andshe'llripyerknackersoff
  • Anny Roader
  • TV's own
« Reply #1275 on: February 10, 2023, 01:21:11 pm »
Ha. I’m definitely the only person in my small group of 40+ year old mates with a switch.
You're not the only 40+ year old with a switch boss. Me and the kids fight over whose turn it is to go on it!
My 8k rig goes boom
PSN: OireCocobean

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1276 on: February 18, 2023, 10:13:20 am »

My left joy con is starting to get a bit temperamental that as well. Looks like a lot of people have similar issues which is a bit rubbish.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #1277 on: February 18, 2023, 10:17:59 am »
Haven't seen anyone mention Fire Emblem Engage yet. Amazing gameplay in this one, its the most enjoyable FE game since Awakening.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1278 on: February 18, 2023, 03:21:04 pm »
My left joy con is starting to get a bit temperamental that as well. Looks like a lot of people have similar issues which is a bit rubbish.
And they are far from cheap to replace. Though most controllers are pricey these days. Not just Nintendo ones.
They don't seem as robust as others mind.  I know for Minecraft we had an adapter which let you use Xbox 360 controllers.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1279 on: February 18, 2023, 03:24:02 pm »

There are some good vendors on ebay who fix controllers.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill