Author Topic: The small things in life that make you happy  (Read 602412 times)

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The small things in life that make you happy
« Reply #6880 on: August 18, 2022, 03:38:32 pm »
Seeing the Finnish prime minister dancing at what looks like a hen do type party with some very close friends. Its great she felt comfortable being herself with some close friends then shitty that some jerk released the video to the media.

This ones more for the hannoy thread then - nothing worse than those kinds of grasses. Back in the Obama years one of his daughters was filmed by a 'friend' smoking weed at a music festival, then it gets spread everywhere and Obama had to make some statement on it. It's just so snidey, the 'friends' should be exposed and have to explain why they did it, what they got out of it, and why they should never be taken into anyone's confidence ever again. The worst example I can remember is Ricky Hatton being set up by some girl who was allegedly a good mate, she went on a bender with him that I'm sure he paid for, then sold it all to the rags.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6881 on: August 18, 2022, 04:17:50 pm »
:thumbup

My eldest has got hers, too.
She's going to be studying Law at University of Liverpool
So, so proud.
 8)

Congrats mate and so you should be that's fantastic 👍

Shannon will be studying Forensic Psychology at Bangor so I'm expecting lots of bleary eyed students arriving wanting full fry ups and Sunday dinner 👍

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #6882 on: August 19, 2022, 12:00:03 pm »
Congrats mate and so you should be that's fantastic 👍

Shannon will be studying Forensic Psychology at Bangor so I'm expecting lots of bleary eyed students arriving wanting full fry ups and Sunday dinner 👍

;D

I'm sure you'll oblige with a smile  ;)
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6883 on: August 19, 2022, 05:14:34 pm »
;D

I'm sure you'll oblige with a smile  ;)

It was my suggestion so she'd better  ;D.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #6884 on: August 19, 2022, 05:58:41 pm »
My great niece getting the grades she needs to get into Bangor Uni 👏👏

Congrats Shannon!
That's brilliant.  :wellin
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6885 on: August 19, 2022, 05:59:34 pm »
:thumbup

My eldest has got hers, too.
She's going to be studying Law at University of Liverpool
So, so proud.
 8)

This is brilliant too.

:wellin
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6886 on: August 19, 2022, 08:27:20 pm »
When you've had no visitors since February then suddenly get booked up till 4th Sept 😁

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #6887 on: August 19, 2022, 08:33:03 pm »
When you've had no visitors since February then suddenly get booked up till 4th Sept 😁

did you move house or somethin to a popular place ?

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6888 on: August 19, 2022, 08:43:25 pm »
did you move house or somethin to a popular place ?

Ha yeah 18mths ago and we had loads of people stay last summer but nobody's been bothered this summer till now then everyone decided to come.

It's all good though 👍

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6889 on: August 22, 2022, 03:28:58 pm »
This could have gone in the hannoy thread but ended up here. My eldest went to the Chicago Cubs game with his mates the other day (15 yr olds), they were playing Milwaukee, and he tells me with a big grin what a great time they had: "Yeah there were all these Brewers fans across from us, there was a barrier between us, so we started winding them up and they were getting so mad, they were trying to get over the barrier to get at us, it was so funny they were in their 30s"
Obviously I say what are you doing, you're going to get your head smashed in you idiot. He goes "Dad there was no way they were going to get to us. If they could have got past the barrier we would have just run away, they were all really fat"

Jesus - some times you just have to let them do their thing and hope for the best  ;D

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6890 on: August 22, 2022, 05:13:10 pm »
Fat Brewers fans hadn't they suffered enough without being picked on!!

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #6891 on: August 25, 2022, 07:21:56 am »
Booking off the days before a bank holiday

IMA THINKING DUDE

Waking up at 7am when I don't have to though wtf

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #6892 on: August 25, 2022, 02:45:27 pm »
I've just had an afternoon off and I placed a paper cup at the end of the room (about 7 feet from where I was standing) and then rolled up other bits of paper into balls (say around 2 centimetres in diameter but I couldn't guarantee that they all were exactly 2 centimetres in diameter) and then placed the paper balls in a waster paper bin approx 12 inches to the left side of my standing body.

I then bent down taking one - approx 2 centimetre - paper ball from the waste paper bin and proceeded to toss the paper ball with my right hand (in a movement similar to when you would bowl underarm in a game of cricket) aiming to get the said paper ball into the said paper cup. This was made more difficult because the sun was coming through the window (it's a small window so we don't have curtains nor blinds for it) but to counteract the glare from the sun, I donned a pair of sunglasses (no particular make but nice and sturdy - I think they were £3.99 but could have been £4.99) which were both not too dark nor let in too much light and so meant that I could continue my pursuit of getting a paper ball into the paper cup without fear of being blinded by the sun.

Anyhoo, after about 2 and a half hours - maybe it was more like 2 hours and 27 minutes but it could have been a bit less as I wasn't exactly timing myself - I finally got one of the paper balls into the cup! RESULT!

I could have wasted my afternoon off doing nothing.
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #6893 on: August 25, 2022, 03:01:00 pm »
Having a small glass of sparkling water.

Dunno why, but it's more refreshing than a large glass and tastes different!

Which, obviously it can't.

But it does :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #6894 on: August 26, 2022, 12:36:22 pm »
Liverpool Transfer Thread

It's a great read , same thing , same people , every day  :scarf
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6895 on: August 26, 2022, 12:42:01 pm »
Having a small glass of sparkling water.

Dunno why, but it's more refreshing than a large glass and tastes different!

Which, obviously it can't.

But it does :)

Do you drink it differently perhaps?

https://time.com/5646632/how-much-water-to-drink/

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6896 on: August 27, 2022, 08:38:56 am »
Liverpool Transfer Thread

It's a great read , same thing , same people , every day  :scarf

There's comfort in familiarity.

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6897 on: August 27, 2022, 08:57:23 am »

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6898 on: August 27, 2022, 02:50:04 pm »

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6899 on: August 27, 2022, 06:07:45 pm »
Cleaning up my bass and rattling out a few standards

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6900 on: August 27, 2022, 07:01:14 pm »
Cleaning up my bass and rattling out a few standards

is this you then?

Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6901 on: August 27, 2022, 10:27:01 pm »
is this you then?

Er NO actually mate

I have a beard

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6902 on: August 29, 2022, 07:30:15 pm »
When you put a request on the local Facebook page asking if anyone can lend me a couple of bouyancy aids for a few days whilst my granddaughter's are with us and lots of people respond 😁

Human kindness is still alive and thriving 👍

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6903 on: August 30, 2022, 03:04:17 pm »
Er NO actually mate

I have a beard

but it's all about the (sea) bass

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #6904 on: August 30, 2022, 04:01:32 pm »
Kids back to school tomorrow  :) :wave
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #6905 on: August 31, 2022, 01:01:32 am »
Going for a run after midnight, especially on a clear night in the late summer. Makes me feel like a cross between the start of 28 Days Later and Jeffrey Dahmer, but still.

Just had a few days with my nephews and niece, spent the Sunday morning following the East Coast Truckers convoy from Great Yarmouth to Pleasurewood Hills just outside Lowestoft, and the afternoon in the park. Our driver was a lovely guy called Phil, he even paid for the kids' lunch.

Then on Monday we had a walk around Sheringham Park in Norfolk and my niece let me hold her hand as she went up the stepped hill to the tower, but she was determined to climb the tower on her own. Doesn't sound like much but as she gets further into being a toddler she's becoming more reluctant to let anyone other than her Mum pick her up or help her out, so every time I see her it's like starting from scratch.

After that we walked to a little steam train station and stood on the bridge while the train went under us. Then to Cromer for fish and chips, and down to the beach where a passer by gave the older nephew a crab to have a look at, and I taught them how to pick it up without hurting it or getting within reach of it's claws. Niece lost her shit at having a bucket and spade on the beach for the first time, think it's only the second time in her life she's been on the beach which is a bit weird living between Norwich and the coast.

Sometimes when we go up we end up just sat inside all day doing nothing, so I'm glad we actually had a packed weekend before the weather goes to shit.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 01:19:18 am by rowan_d »

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6906 on: August 31, 2022, 11:45:50 am »
Watching my girls enjoying paddle boarding at the beach 😁

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6907 on: September 1, 2022, 03:25:20 pm »
Watching my girls enjoying paddle boarding at the beach 😁

https://www.facebook.com/pg/RhosneigrCRT/posts/

The entry on 29/08/22 was me and my youngest  :-[

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6908 on: September 1, 2022, 03:49:07 pm »

https://www.facebook.com/pg/RhosneigrCRT/posts/

The entry on 29/08/22 was me and my youngest  :-[

Oh no! 

There's been a lot of callouts for that this summer mate so you're not alone.

At least you're both safe 👍

I only let them go out when the tide is coming in for that very reason.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6909 on: September 1, 2022, 05:10:42 pm »
Oh no! 

There's been a lot of callouts for that this summer mate so you're not alone.

At least you're both safe 👍

I only let them go out when the tide is coming in for that very reason.

Offshore wind, tide going out. I gave them a warning not to go out beyond where they could stand up.

Whilst I was finishing off inflating the 2nd board, my youngest asks to take the first one. Again, warn her to stay close to the shore where she can stand up. Assuming she will, we stupidly let her go out without her bouyancy vest. About 5 mins later, my missus squeals that our youngest is too far out. Next thing, she's in the water off the board. About 100m out.

I didn't have chance to get my wetsuit or bouyancy vest on before grabbing the other board and heading out to her.

She was back on the board but in a bit of a state when I got to her as she couldn't get back and had lost an aqua shoe. I turned her toward shore, gave her a push, and told her to paddle hard. I could have got back with some effort, but she couldn't paddle hard enough and the wind kept turning her. After a couple of failed attempts, plus me trying to tow her, I decided best bet was to paddle diagonally toward one of the rock promontories that stick out about 100m. We were doing well at first, but then she tired again and began to get pushed further out, so I had to go over to her. I lashed the two boards together, figuring we could take a side each and give that a go, but all we were essentially doing was staying still. About an hour had gone by this time and we were both getting exhausted, now about 150m-200m out. I had a worry when I went really dizzy, knowing I couldn't afford to fall in. I was hoping Mrs R our my eldest daughter would have called the Coastguard by now, so kept looking round but no boats. Next plan was to try to reach the next rock promontory that stretched further out but, after more paddling, she couldn't go on and I was almost done in, too.

Then I turned and saw a RIB coming over to us. It was a private boat and they kindly took us on board. I assumed they'd take us back toward the beach, but they instead took us to Rhosneigr, over half a mile away. Was just so grateful I didn't feel it appropriate to say anything. We then had a long walk back, though, over some unpleasant ground when you're barefoot (and daughter only had one shoe), with me lugging two paddleboards that were acting like sails in the stiff breeze.

When we were about halfway back, I noticed a helicopter over about where we'd been picked up. I think "Oh, some dickhead's got themselves in difficulty... oh". There were some of the coastgaurd team waiting for us on our return. And a wife that figured it was all my fault.

With hindsight, I did make some big mistakes...

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6910 on: September 1, 2022, 05:45:38 pm »

Offshore wind, tide going out. I gave them a warning not to go out beyond where they could stand up.

Whilst I was finishing off inflating the 2nd board, my youngest asks to take the first one. Again, warn her to stay close to the shore where she can stand up. Assuming she will, we stupidly let her go out without her bouyancy vest. About 5 mins later, my missus squeals that our youngest is too far out. Next thing, she's in the water off the board. About 100m out.

I didn't have chance to get my wetsuit or bouyancy vest on before grabbing the other board and heading out to her.

She was back on the board but in a bit of a state when I got to her as she couldn't get back and had lost an aqua shoe. I turned her toward shore, gave her a push, and told her to paddle hard. I could have got back with some effort, but she couldn't paddle hard enough and the wind kept turning her. After a couple of failed attempts, plus me trying to tow her, I decided best bet was to paddle diagonally toward one of the rock promontories that stick out about 100m. We were doing well at first, but then she tired again and began to get pushed further out, so I had to go over to her. I lashed the two boards together, figuring we could take a side each and give that a go, but all we were essentially doing was staying still. About an hour had gone by this time and we were both getting exhausted, now about 150m-200m out. I had a worry when I went really dizzy, knowing I couldn't afford to fall in. I was hoping Mrs R our my eldest daughter would have called the Coastguard by now, so kept looking round but no boats. Next plan was to try to reach the next rock promontory that stretched further out but, after more paddling, she couldn't go on and I was almost done in, too.

Then I turned and saw a RIB coming over to us. It was a private boat and they kindly took us on board. I assumed they'd take us back toward the beach, but they instead took us to Rhosneigr, over half a mile away. Was just so grateful I didn't feel it appropriate to say anything. We then had a long walk back, though, over some unpleasant ground when you're barefoot (and daughter only had one shoe), with me lugging two paddleboards that were acting like sails in the stiff breeze.

When we were about halfway back, I noticed a helicopter over about where we'd been picked up. I think "Oh, some dickhead's got themselves in difficulty... oh". There were some of the coastgaurd team waiting for us on our return. And a wife that figured it was all my fault.

That's how easy it is to get into difficulty mate and the offshore winds have been a nightmare pretty much for a month now making things even worse.

We're the other side of the island so get to hear about the RNLI out of Moelfre.

I don't swim that well so I'm doubly safe and I won't go near the beach if the tides going out.

Glad you're both safe and hopefully the youngest will have learnt a valuable lesson without being too scared to go back in again 👍

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6911 on: September 1, 2022, 07:26:44 pm »

Bloody hell, Nobby. That's quite terrifying. I'm glad you're both ok.

Mrs Spion and I were over there last week too. There were loads of people in the water at Rhosneigr and Trearddur Bay. Mrs S went in for a swim at a sheltered part of the beach at Newborough on the incoming tide.

At Church Bay there was some commotion as a helicopter hovered for quite some time over a boat some way off shore.

I almost drowned myself swimming off Tenerife some years ago. It scared the crap out of me.

Anyway, I'm glad you're both ok. Hopefully it hasn't put you off enjoying the sea in future.

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6912 on: September 2, 2022, 08:41:20 am »
Getting home from Liverpool and finding that our son hadn't managed to kill any of my tomato plants.

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6913 on: September 2, 2022, 11:15:30 am »
got in the shower - stop objectifying me you bastards - and there was a little moth flying around (stupid get) and he got stuck in the water and was heading for the plughole

so i bent down - no soap jokes pleeeease - and picked him up, put him on some toilet paper to dry out and left him in the sunlight near an open window

i watched as he dried out and fluttered out of the window

yes - i am a future dalai lama contender

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6914 on: September 2, 2022, 11:37:04 am »
got in the shower - stop objectifying me you bastards - and there was a little moth flying around (stupid get) and he got stuck in the water and was heading for the plughole

so i bent down - no soap jokes pleeeease - and picked him up, put him on some toilet paper to dry out and left him in the sunlight near an open window

i watched as he dried out and fluttered out of the window

yes - i am a future dalai lama contender
That's brilliant.  :D

Nicely told too.  ;D

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #6915 on: September 2, 2022, 11:44:20 am »
Getting home from Liverpool and finding that our son hadn't managed to kill any of my tomato plants.

Wow. Lucky man.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6916 on: September 2, 2022, 06:36:03 pm »
I've developed a minor obsession with memes based on classic art. Some of them are absolutely hilarious and a great way to distract from the current trials of life. I was even thinking of setting up a new meme thread in the boozer. :)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6917 on: September 3, 2022, 01:07:41 pm »
Walnut brittle.

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6918 on: September 3, 2022, 08:09:15 pm »
Seeing a lot of my all time heroes paying tribute to Taylor Hawkins. Now the remaining two members of Rush have just come on. His favourite band and one of mine. Made me a bit teary.

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6919 on: September 4, 2022, 08:31:16 pm »
listening to nirvana