Author Topic: The Gym  (Read 34548 times)

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
The Gym
« on: October 25, 2014, 10:23:01 am »
There are threads about running, cycling and weight loss in general so I thought it would be nice if we had this here.

So we can use this thread to share our work-out plans and tips.

There are lots of do's and don't's to keep in mind while you are in a gym and so it would be a good thing if some of the pros in here ( which I am not  :D) shared their work out routines and use this thread for discussing about what to eat and what not to eat before and after a workout session including/excluding cardio etc., 

« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 05:14:39 pm by Latenight Surfer »
"Genuine Struggle Leads To Genuine Success" - Yevado Annadle

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
Re: The Gym
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 10:25:22 am »
All I mainly do is to first eat a tomato 20-30 minutes before hitting the gym as that suits me a lot, I don't know why.

After that I do some cardio for 30 minutes (mainly treadmill) and then go for the big-guns.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #2 on: November 7, 2014, 02:13:24 pm »
My problem is I eat rice. I have been eating rice regularly for a long time now. I have not been able to come back down to 80 kg since 2000. I am now 86 kg, 5 ft 10 and 45 years old. I need to work out 3 times a week regularly, and cut down on rice and cope with hunger.
As you get older, recovery is also another important issue. The pains after a workout or football linger for at least 48 hours.

Offline gwalk

• Legacy Fan
  • ní fheicfidh tú ag siúl ina n-aonar
« Reply #3 on: November 9, 2014, 03:13:10 am »
I struggled getting into routines with the gym, so i gave it up and started CrossFit instead.

results seem to be going well as i can feel myself getting more powerful and fitter, i just need to control my diet (mainy portoin control and calorie intake)

some of the workouts are intense, really intense, and downright grueling, but its good and a good crew involved at the Box

would highly recommend it t anyone struggling in the gym

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #4 on: November 9, 2014, 09:46:20 am »
My problem is I eat rice.

Do you eat brown rice or white?

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 09:34:40 am »
too much rice will just blow you up. i thought i was being healthy with it but one of my gym instructors laid into me. far too many carbs in it

i have been training very hard this year. im nearly 32 and theres days i literally creak after a workout. though my weight is coming down and i feel as fit as ever and as quick as ever and am definitely stronger than ever.
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2014, 10:30:33 am »
I've been doing Stronglifts 5x5 for about 3 months now, starting to get to the point where I'm failing technically on my squats. Going to start a round on creatine next week, but wondering if anyone has any good advice on getting on. I'm on 85 kg at the moment, want to get them to at least 100 before changing my program.

Anyone done this?

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2014, 10:39:18 am »
I've been doing Stronglifts 5x5 for about 3 months now, starting to get to the point where I'm failing technically on my squats. Going to start a round on creatine next week, but wondering if anyone has any good advice on getting on. I'm on 85 kg at the moment, want to get them to at least 100 before changing my program.

Anyone done this?
the putting on weight/muscle thread might be the best place for this

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2014, 10:40:35 am »
Went back to the gym in August because I'm trying to delay the bitch tits by a few years.

Would interested in workout routines.  I'm trying to incorporate as many compound exercises as possible i.e. deadlifts, squats etc. but do end up sometimes going with what I know which means focussing on a muscle group at a time i.e. biceps, shoulders, chest etc.

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2014, 12:49:52 pm »
Went back to the gym in August because I'm trying to delay the bitch tits by a few years.

Would interested in workout routines.  I'm trying to incorporate as many compound exercises as possible i.e. deadlifts, squats etc. but do end up sometimes going with what I know which means focussing on a muscle group at a time i.e. biceps, shoulders, chest etc.

Inclined bench press is the best exercise for this problem along with the rest of the usual chest exercises. Whatever you do don't over do it.

If you do chest on Monday (for example) make sure that you do it again within 72 hours, it's like that with anybody part. Within 72 hours re doing something brings good results (and it's an essential for muscle growth) but don't do more than two times.

You can follow this pattern if you want to..

EXERCISE GROUPINGS
1. Horizontal Pushes: Upper-body exercises in which you move the weight away from your torso horizontally. (Imagine your torso is upright.) Exercises: Any bench press or chest fly; dips

2. Horizontal Pulls: Upper-body exercises that require you to move the weight toward your torso horizontally
Exercises: Any bent-over or seated row; dumbbell or machine reverse flys

3. Vertical Pushes: Upper-body exercises in which you move the weight vertically in relation to your torso
Exercises: Any type of shoulder press; lateral or front raise; upright row

4. Vertical Pulls: Upper-body exercises that require you to move the weight in a downward direction in relation to your upright torso
Exercises: Any pullup, pulldown, or pullover

5. Quad-dominants: Exercises in which your quadriceps are the primary mover
Exercises: Any squat, lunge, or leg extension

6. Hip-dominants: Exercises in which your hamstrings and glutes are the primary movers
Exercises: Any type of deadlift or leg curl

To create an effective training split, divide your workout into two upper-body sessions and two lower-body sessions per week.

There is a lot more in the website but these are the main details in it...

Full article is here. http://www.mensfitness.com/training/body-part-training-dead

« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 12:59:49 pm by Latenight Surfer »

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2014, 09:45:13 pm »
Been going to the gym since August and have lost 2st 3lb so quite chuffed.
Had some health issues early in the year and op in May...Well I've had health issues for the last 3 years really.
Been upping all my weights regularly and trying to jog more on treadmill but it's tough, have pretty bad asthma too (yes, I'm falling apart, I know) but I'm doing ok.

I'm not massively overweight but I definitely have 2 stone to go until I'm there.

Any tips for weight loss? Particular exercises or things to target?

My diet has been good, been eating chicken salad almost every day since July and been having a rice cake and banana for breakfast, or a yoghurt and an orange.
I have days where I'll have a baguette or something but no more than once/twice a week, I've been pretty good with my diet.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 09:47:11 pm by johnsmithlfc »
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2014, 09:55:28 pm »
Use my fitness pal to track food intake

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2014, 10:01:07 pm »
Hate my gym, it's horrible.

Its freezing cold, half the machines are broke, I'm the only guy of my race there which isn't an issue for me as I like to mingle but I get stared at like I've teabagged their other halves, the staff are rude, the changing room is unisex (which doesn't matter as I've never seen a woman there but wtf man) and its 30 quid a fucking month.

But its next door to work so I can go on my lunch.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2014, 10:27:01 pm »
Use my fitness pal to track food intake

Just downloaded and put in everything I did at gym and ate.
Does it not take of calories for resistance & strength training then? Only for cardiovascular?
It's handy for keeping tabs of food intake (roughly) but the exercise bit seems more tricky.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2014, 11:00:34 pm »

Does it not take of calories for resistance & strength training then? Only for cardiovascular?
It's handy for keeping tabs of food intake (roughly) but the exercise bit seems more tricky.

I wouldn't bother tracking exercise as its very hard to be precise in terms of what you burn off, it is exact with the food as long as you input portions correctly - so if you're trying to lose weight just input your weight and height into the myfitness pal tracker and that you want to lose - it will suggest you lose a pound a week and calculate your calorie needs accordingly. Ignoring inputting your exercise but making sure you're eating at a deficit (ie be in the green everyday in terms of calories) and exercising will accelerate the weight loss process.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2014, 11:05:15 pm »
I wouldn't bother tracking exercise as its very hard to be precise in terms of what you burn off, it is exact with the food as long as you input portions correctly - so if you're trying to lose weight just input your weight and height into the myfitness pal tracker and that you want to lose - it will suggest you lose a pound a week and calculate your calorie needs accordingly. Ignoring inputting your exercise but making sure you're eating at a deficit (ie be in the green everyday in terms of calories) and exercising will accelerate the weight loss process.

Yeah added all my info and set it on how much I wanted to lose.
It recommends eating 1500 calories a day - which is fine, hopefully.
Definitely a handy app.

Cheers

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2014, 09:01:50 am »

yeah its not the best for tracking what you burn lifting weights

you can key in weight lifting to the cardio part but its difficult to put a time on that

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2014, 10:35:15 am »
yeah its not the best for tracking what you burn lifting weights

you can key in weight lifting to the cardio part but its difficult to put a time on that

I'll just use it for the diet/food part which is very good and will help keep me in check.
I do roughly an hour a day of exercise, a mix of cardio & weights, and even on my rest days, I use my treadmill at home so I know my exercise is OK.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2014, 10:38:24 am »

I'll just use it for the diet/food part which is very good and will help keep me in check.
I do roughly an hour a day of exercise, a mix of cardio & weights, and even on my rest days, I use my treadmill at home so I know my exercise is OK.

yeah its handy to know what you consume and what is contained in snacks

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2014, 01:28:14 pm »
Joined our local David Lloyd gym on Sunday - been Monday, Tuesday and will be there tonight and Saturday and Sunday.

Booked in for a POYE thingy - where they work out a fitness plan for you depending on your needs, but it's not for another 2 weeks. I want to get fitter and tone up but unsure of what I need to be doing in the mean time.

I've just been going on the treadmill running, cross trainer, using the weights machines I know how to etc... but there's no structure to it.

Booked into a Boxercise class tonight, so think I may have to stick to the classes until I know what I need to be doing in the gym :/

And also the jacuzzi, steam room and sauna :D

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2014, 01:32:00 pm »
Hate my gym, it's horrible.

Its freezing cold, half the machines are broke, I'm the only guy of my race there which isn't an issue for me as I like to mingle but I get stared at like I've teabagged their other halves, the staff are rude, the changing room is unisex (which doesn't matter as I've never seen a woman there but wtf man) and its 30 quid a fucking month.

But its next door to work so I can go on my lunch.

Another day I didn't go, not because I dread a workout, which I don't, but because I don't want my teeth chattering and to possibly injure myself on their machines!

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2014, 01:47:39 pm »
Got a gym opening soon near me.  It's a 5 minute walk, open 24 hours, no tie in and the introductory price is £13 a month for a year.

http://www.buzzgym.co.uk/slough/

I'd be crazy not to, right?  The only thing putting me off is 'Club Nights'.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2014, 01:53:45 pm »
Got a gym opening soon near me.  It's a 5 minute walk, open 24 hours, no tie in and the introductory price is £13 a month for a year.

http://www.buzzgym.co.uk/slough/

I'd be crazy not to, right?  The only thing putting me off is 'Club Nights'.

The only thing to bear in mind is it might be packed...

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2014, 02:01:52 pm »
The only thing to bear in mind is it might be packed...

Good point.  Especially from January onwards.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2014, 02:29:46 pm »
Been going to the gym since August and have lost 2st 3lb so quite chuffed.
Had some health issues early in the year and op in May...Well I've had health issues for the last 3 years really.
Been upping all my weights regularly and trying to jog more on treadmill but it's tough, have pretty bad asthma too (yes, I'm falling apart, I know) but I'm doing ok.

I'm not massively overweight but I definitely have 2 stone to go until I'm there.

Any tips for weight loss? Particular exercises or things to target?

My diet has been good, been eating chicken salad almost every day since July and been having a rice cake and banana for breakfast, or a yoghurt and an orange.
I have days where I'll have a baguette or something but no more than once/twice a week, I've been pretty good with my diet.

I spent 10 years working in gyms and doing courses on strength and conditioning including an exercise science degree.

Tips: In order of benefit (IMO)

1. Add a spoon full of fibre to your yoghurt. The right one and it actually tastes better IMO, the problem is finding one that doesn't taste like shit in the UK, I'm not familiar with the brands. Straight psyillium husks is fairly inoffensive but there are better mixes. Just drink a bit more water or you'll get blocked up. Not a big commercial one either like metamusil, something natural.

2. Fish oil, flaxeed oil or some other omega 3 fatty acid. Needs to be refrigerated one and it's much more beneficial as a liquid.

3. The best fruits are low gi (Berries and Kiwi fruit)

4. Stay away from supplements other than protein powder. They cost a lot and generally taste like shit. If you must buy and I've found so many people must then a quality vitamin C, liquid vitamin D and chromium picolate are the only ones I know of that have evidence of aiding weight loss long term. Generally if it gets quick results it fucks with your metabolism and you lose 5 but gain 10 a few weeks after.

Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline DanA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2014, 02:38:54 pm »
Joined our local David Lloyd gym on Sunday - been Monday, Tuesday and will be there tonight and Saturday and Sunday.

Booked in for a POYE thingy - where they work out a fitness plan for you depending on your needs, but it's not for another 2 weeks. I want to get fitter and tone up but unsure of what I need to be doing in the mean time.

I've just been going on the treadmill running, cross trainer, using the weights machines I know how to etc... but there's no structure to it.

Booked into a Boxercise class tonight, so think I may have to stick to the classes until I know what I need to be doing in the gym :/

And also the jacuzzi, steam room and sauna :D

Until the assessment do three weight exercises.
A pushing one
A pulling one
A leg one

3 sets of 10 reps as heavy as you can while keeping good form. Ideally you get 9 on your 3rd set. That's probably enough to begin with and not too intimidating.
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2014, 03:59:58 pm »
I spent 10 years working in gyms and doing courses on strength and conditioning including an exercise science degree.

Tips: In order of benefit (IMO)

1. Add a spoon full of fibre to your yoghurt. The right one and it actually tastes better IMO, the problem is finding one that doesn't taste like shit in the UK, I'm not familiar with the brands. Straight psyillium husks is fairly inoffensive but there are better mixes. Just drink a bit more water or you'll get blocked up. Not a big commercial one either like metamusil, something natural.

Thanks for the reply mate.
I do drink lots of water...I'll look into fibre, cheers.

2. Fish oil, flaxeed oil or some other omega 3 fatty acid. Needs to be refrigerated one and it's much more beneficial as a liquid.

Been taking the Omega 3 Fish oil capsules from holland and barrett, not a great lover of fish to be honest.
Also been having Tuna and rice cakes too, only last couple of days though... will definitely keep it up.

3. The best fruits are low gi (Berries and Kiwi fruit)

I'll mix the fruit up a bit but I like my Banana & Orange routine :)

4. Stay away from supplements other than protein powder. They cost a lot and generally taste like shit. If you must buy and I've found so many people must then a quality vitamin C, liquid vitamin D and chromium picolate are the only ones I know of that have evidence of aiding weight loss long term. Generally if it gets quick results it fucks with your metabolism and you lose 5 but gain 10 a few weeks after.

Nope... not doing anything like that man, I've had people telling me to do grenades and all kinds of other crap.
All I take is the fish oil capsules and L Carnitine tablets, which are very good.
No dietary supplements, no meal replacements or any of that junk.

Thanks again for the tips mate, most appreciated.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2014, 12:18:50 pm »
Until the assessment do three weight exercises.
A pushing one
A pulling one
A leg one

3 sets of 10 reps as heavy as you can while keeping good form. Ideally you get 9 on your 3rd set. That's probably enough to begin with and not too intimidating.

Cheers for that!

Did that yesterday, and got through it OK. Think I could up the weight in a couple of them which I'll try tonight.

Throwing in some running as well, so hopefully I'll be in better shape when the instruction session comes around.

P.S Anyone use the Power Plates? See them at my gym and people using them for various exercises. Are they any good?

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2014, 01:34:13 pm »
Just went on my lunch, it's so cold in there my feet are still cold from the hot shower becoming cold by the time it's hit the fecking floor!

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2014, 04:01:33 pm »
Just went on my lunch, it's so cold in there my feet are still cold from the hot shower becoming cold by the time it's hit the fecking floor!
Work harder then....it's a gym not a nightclub.... ;D
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2014, 07:23:03 pm »
Work harder then....it's a gym not a nightclub.... ;D

Haha I mean afterwards when I'm getting a wash mate, I've been to gyms I love but I actually despise this one.

Offline just Riggins?

• seeks man with gsoh 28-36. Likes a man in uniform.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2014, 09:02:25 pm »
Had a membership a couple of months but kept forgetting to cancel.  Gonna make a go of it and see from here.  My problem is I've got about 10 pounds too much on me and I haven't a clue how to use most of the equipment, I'm surrounded by all these huge guys and I just feel like a dick. 

I play football four times a week now but need to gain some weight once I've shifted this ten pounds, trying to think how I can do this without wearing my body out.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2014, 08:42:37 am »
Had a membership a couple of months but kept forgetting to cancel.  Gonna make a go of it and see from here.  My problem is I've got about 10 pounds too much on me and I haven't a clue how to use most of the equipment, I'm surrounded by all these huge guys and I just feel like a dick. 

I play football four times a week now but need to gain some weight once I've shifted this ten pounds, trying to think how I can do this without wearing my body out.
talk to an instructor

dont worry what others in the gym do. i dont care if someone who looks like hulk hogan is doing 800 pound bench presses and dirk kuyt is running 300km on the treadmill. just do YOUR best. stick to a routine, talk to an instructor and your best will get better.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2014, 11:43:18 pm »
Itching to get back in the gym. Been off five weeks with a stomach pain and been taking gastro resistant tablets which don't do shit apart from make me tired. In that time I gone back to eating shit, probably feeling sorry for myself. Now have to see doc coz blood test shows something up with my white blood cells. Hopefully il get the right meds and be back lifting sharpish

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2014, 07:11:04 pm »
Itching to get back in the gym. Been off five weeks with a stomach pain and been taking gastro resistant tablets which don't do shit apart from make me tired. In that time I gone back to eating shit, probably feeling sorry for myself. Now have to see doc coz blood test shows something up with my white blood cells. Hopefully il get the right meds and be back lifting sharpish

I hope it all goes well for you.

One small suggestion mate, don't be in a rush to get back to the gym, give your body some time to prepare itself which you should start with eating good food again then after a week or so start going to the gym.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2014, 10:30:32 pm »
I hope it all goes well for you.

One small suggestion mate, don't be in a rush to get back to the gym, give your body some time to prepare itself which you should start with eating good food again then after a week or so start going to the gym.

Cheers mate. I dont actually eat bad, its just my sweet tooth. Havnt touched shit like macdonalds, kfc etc for over a yr, maybe two. I could easily have a chocolate, bag of crisps washed down with a coke. Only drink water but for past 5 weeks have crisps, chocs and cakes.

Think I'll break myself in with all round body instead of certain muscle groups

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2014, 08:22:39 am »
Membership expired. Won't be renewing.

Leaves me gymless :( no way can I be bothered being out of the house 7.45am-7pm and then go the gym.

Offline DanA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: December 1, 2014, 02:20:14 pm »

Cheers for that!

Did that yesterday, and got through it OK. Think I could up the weight in a couple of them which I'll try tonight.

Throwing in some running as well, so hopefully I'll be in better shape when the instruction session comes around.

P.S Anyone use the Power Plates? See them at my gym and people using them for various exercises. Are they any good?

Not really, they might have a use in rehab but I do t think they are great for general public. They have been recalled in a lot of gyms due to disk injuries and apparently headaches  caused by excessive vibration.

Offline gwalk

• Legacy Fan
  • ní fheicfidh tú ag siúl ina n-aonar
« Reply #38 on: December 3, 2014, 06:06:41 am »
before i went the gym last night, my 1 Rep Max for a push press was 52.5kg

after today's session I've now a 3 rep Max of 62.5kg.. buzzing with that! big progress in only a few weeks
 ::)

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2014, 12:37:47 am »
First day back at gym today after 2 weeks off with cracked/bruised ribs.
Been pretty sore and still sore now, they said 3-5 weeks... but I'm taking it easy...just working legs and very light upper body.

Really missed it too.