Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1757822 times)

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Atmosphere at Anfield
« Reply #13400 on: January 22, 2023, 01:59:59 pm »
We've lost one game at Anfield in the league in 6 years with a crowd there (against Leeds in October in the 89th minute), the atmosphere at Anfield is the least of our concerns.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #13401 on: January 22, 2023, 02:01:11 pm »
a 4 nil win against our biggest rivals to take us top and a game on the last day of the season where for 80 minutes we looked like we might win the league. Any football ground in the world would have a good atmosphere in those scenarios.

Anfield is a myth now and everyone knows it. We can go on about Barcelona as much as we like but, again, it was a champions league semi final that we came from 3 nil down to win. It's not unique that we managed to be loud and intimidating on that occasion. I live abroad now and the last time I managed to watch a game at Anfield was Watford last season. Early game to take us top and it was horrendous there.

We say stuff like when the team needs us we are there, referring to Barcelona, Dortmund, Chelsea 05 and 07 etc. We helped the team on those nights 100%. Again though, in quite easy contexts to get up for. The team badly needs us right now more than most times in the last six or seven years and what do we offer them? A half arsed poor Scouser Tommy on the 2nd minute of every game, boos for the national anthem and a scripted smatter of fuck the tories any time the opposition sing anything negative about us. We're utterly lost as a fanbase.

I don't even think it's the tourist thing necessarily. The tourists are still there for the big games it's just everyone's up for it more. Many possible reasons have been given and I think it's a huge mixture of loads of different things. What we can't hide behind is "ah it's freezing cold and we're playing shit". The claim is that we lift the team when we need them. At the moment all we are capable of doing is singing when we're winning and even then it's only if the team we're winning against is United, City, Everton or a European giant.

It is what it is. The ground was bouncing against City this season but quiet otherwise. Last season you had a few memorable nights.

Anfield isn't a ground and Liverpool fans aren't a crowd that are loud every week. Never have been. Maybe for a period in the 60s it was.

Since the Kop went all seated you get a few big nights/afternoons a season but the ingredients are usually there. Even in the old Kop's last few years at least, people remember Auxerre, Norwich or the United 3-3 but those were the exceptions. It's a reactive crowd but that's what provides the visceral reaction when the ground does take off.

Pick most seasons out the last 30 at least and the ground was quiet for the majority of the games but you can pick out a couple from each where the crowd really turned up and very few of them would have been a game with an early kick off and the majority night games. This season is no different.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 02:07:14 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Saus76

• Complete and utter embarrassment
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #13402 on: January 22, 2023, 03:21:19 pm »
Good to see some flyers yesterday promoting a flag day for the Derby. It was like a throwback to the 90's when we used to have these for all the big games.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13403 on: January 24, 2023, 11:27:43 am »
Was it Hull at home in 2008 when we went top and boooed the team off?

Just some of the comments on here had me thinking about it. We drew a match and went top of the league under Rafa and booeed the team off.

Boooooeeee!
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #13404 on: January 24, 2023, 11:31:17 am »
Was it Hull at home in 2008 when we went top and boooed the team off?

Just some of the comments on here had me thinking about it. We drew a match and went top of the league under Rafa and booeed the team off.

Boooooeeee!

West Ham I think it was. Remember being there and being mortified at the booing.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13405 on: January 24, 2023, 11:38:38 am »

Anfield isn't a ground and Liverpool fans aren't a crowd that are loud every week. Never have been. Maybe for a period in the 60s it was.

Deffo, I started as a kid in 1984. Most of the time you could hear somebody coughing across the other side of the Kop.

Then again, it'd only take a bad tackle, or a ref making a bad decision (or agro with the away fans) and the place would turn into a bear pit. And it didn't matter if it was Stockport in the League Cup or United in the league (Everton the exception).

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13406 on: January 24, 2023, 11:39:18 am »
West Ham I think it was. Remember being there and being mortified at the booing.

booooooooo.

Never been great when we think about it have we?

Offline oldman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #13407 on: January 24, 2023, 12:43:56 pm »
Deffo, I started as a kid in 1984. Most of the time you could hear somebody coughing across the other side of the Kop.

Then again, it'd only take a bad tackle, or a ref making a bad decision (or agro with the away fans) and the place would turn into a bear pit. And it didn't matter if it was Stockport in the League Cup or United in the league (Everton the exception).

my first match was late 60's night match against Ipswich - was so excited to be seeing the kop.
couldn't believe there was hardly  a song all night
only 27000 there as well

many quiet games throughout the 70's & 80"s but as you say it would only take a spark to set the place off no matter the opposition

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #13408 on: January 24, 2023, 03:42:10 pm »
Its easy singing n stuff when winning...but its when were not is when a crowd can help.

The biggest thing missing is 'the roar'..the roar in the last 15 or so when drawing or losing..when it can lift the team and frighten the opposition..simple encouraging chants....not complex songs.

but you need a bit of passion from the crowd for this , but now there are too many ' nice people' to deliver that raw aggressive power.

Offline LFC_R_BOSS

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13409 on: January 24, 2023, 06:49:38 pm »
Only club to have a singing section tucked away at the back of a stand . People who want to be noisy should be accommodated at the front of the kop .

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #13410 on: January 24, 2023, 07:24:27 pm »
Only club to have a singing section tucked away at the back of a stand . People who want to be noisy should be accommodated at the front of the kop .

I completely agree. I think the RTK campaign backfired massively. We need the singers/shouters scattered around the kop/stadium to encourage everyone else.

It was a poor atmosphere at the weekend anyway but I hardly heard the kop at all during the chelsea game and I was in the Annie road.

The demographics of the people in attendance is a big factor too. Too many people who are “regulars”…how can the atmosphere improve when the same people are going every week..nothing will change

Offline LFC_R_BOSS

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13411 on: January 24, 2023, 07:37:30 pm »
I completely agree. I think the RTK campaign backfired massively. We need the singers/shouters scattered around the kop/stadium to encourage everyone else.

It was a poor atmosphere at the weekend anyway but I hardly heard the kop at all during the chelsea game and I was in the Annie road.

The demographics of the people in attendance is a big factor too. Too many people who are “regulars”…how can the atmosphere improve when the same people are going every week..nothing will change

As cringy as it looked with club made banners at least United have moved people to try and address it .

I sit in 207 and it always seems ok but the odd time I’ve used a mates ticket near the front it’s very poor.

Now the barriers have been put up pretty much admiring now that the KOP is standing only I’m hoping a few oldies move elsewhere like they used to .

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #13412 on: January 24, 2023, 08:51:59 pm »

It should be moved to Anny Road next season. Most of the ground can't even see the 300 blocks, let alone hear them.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #13413 on: January 24, 2023, 09:02:55 pm »
It should be moved to Anny Road next season. Most of the ground can't even see the 300 blocks, let alone hear them.
Anyone know if there’s been any meaningful discussions with the club about this? The new ARE is obviously the perfect opportunity to shake things up a bit. What about putting the next 4,000 on the ST waiting list together in one big section as a reward for their patience? (And no, I’m not number 3,999!)

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13414 on: January 24, 2023, 09:07:34 pm »
Anyone know if there’s been any meaningful discussions with the club about this? The new ARE is obviously the perfect opportunity to shake things up a bit. What about putting the next 4,000 on the ST waiting list together in one big section as a reward for their patience? (And no, I’m not number 3,999!)

The average age is probably 52 years old.. The only way to get a big atmosphere (blasphemian) is to have cheap standing tickets behind on of the goals.. same crowd - bit of action - not going to happen with the current demand and the current regime..  gonna be good once in a while, but never on the smaller games..
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #13415 on: January 24, 2023, 09:13:30 pm »
The average age is probably 52 years old.
Good point.

(Us auld arses can sing though!  :P)

But yeah, it needs the big groups of young lads who go the aways all together lower down, not stuck in the 300s. Any dialogue on any of it, whatever proposal might be out there? Anything?

Offline TwitterJayy

• Kopite
« Reply #13416 on: January 24, 2023, 09:42:09 pm »
Good point.

(Us auld arses can sing though!  :P)

But yeah, it needs the big groups of young lads who go the aways all together lower down, not stuck in the 300s. Any dialogue on any of it, whatever proposal might be out there? Anything?
to be honest I think the atmosphere has been getting worse season by season.

Touting is the main problem, closely followed by hospitality tickets in the club. Then you have the arl ones who cba anymore but won’t move.

Think it’s affected home and away, find it mad the prices people pay to go each week as well :o seen somebody paid £120 for Brighton away the other week.

I think the best avenue is S.O.S but there is so many difference of opinions when it comes to clamping down the issues.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #13417 on: January 24, 2023, 11:53:04 pm »
The only way to get a big atmosphere (blasphemian) is to have cheap standing tickets behind on of the goals..

Would that qualify as a sort of blasphemian rhapsody?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Kenrick_66

• Main Stander
« Reply #13418 on: January 25, 2023, 11:24:34 am »
I don't get to Anfield any more but watch most games on live streams. The best atmosphere I've 'experienced' in recent years was the Leicester 3-3 in the League Cup last season. Incredible. As the game went into injury time at 2-3 I wasn't too bothered because the atmosphere made the game for me. Night match, big away following, going 0-2 and 1-3 down, plus a slightly weaker cup line-up - all these things made the atmosphere, especially in the second half, fantastic. The crowd carried the team that night.

But, and I'm educated guessing here, I imagine the main thing that night was the crowd was made up of a lot more supporters who don't get to go every week? So, more enthusiastic, just glad to be there.

I started going in 1978 pretty much thru to the early 2000s. As others have said, the atmosphere was rarely great week in week out but one thing you could rely on 9 times out of 10 was when we went a goal down the crowd would react. Or if we were level going into the last 20 mins the crowd noise would gradually build to a crescendo. I'm thinking v Forest in 82/83 v West Ham in 86/87, v Charlton in 87/88 etc etc. Not 'big' games just games where we were struggling and the crowd helped.

I don't hear that now - last season when we went 1-0 down to Spurs, with the title on the line, and we equalised I was expecting the crowd to carry the team along but it went back to hushed anxiety. I don't get it - it's not as if there isn't a team out there to have belief in. What is it? One home league defeat in six years with a crowd present yet the crowd is still nervy and quiet when we're losing or pushing for a winner. Unless it's Leicester at home in the LC.

I think only being to roll up and pay at the gate can solve this problem. But obviously for a lot of good reasons that isn't going to happen. Or maybe make it 45s and under on the Kop - once you hit 45 you're moved to another part of the ground. Hey, just talking off the top of my head!

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13419 on: January 25, 2023, 11:37:04 am »
Same posts and conversations for as long as I've been on RAWK. There's good days and bad days. There's probably more bad than good now, but show me a ground in the UK that's consitently brilliant these days, in spite of the form of the team. I don't know of anywhere. 
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Arrowsmith

• Anny Roader
  • Eee aye addio, we've won the cup!
« Reply #13420 on: January 25, 2023, 11:46:26 am »
Would that qualify as a sort of blasphemian rhapsody?
Speaking of which, are we still being linked with Kanye Dooda Fandango?
Wool by birth, Scouse by blood.
JFT97

Offline TwitterJayy

• Kopite
« Reply #13421 on: January 25, 2023, 12:02:10 pm »
I don't get to Anfield any more but watch most games on live streams. The best atmosphere I've 'experienced' in recent years was the Leicester 3-3 in the League Cup last season. Incredible. As the game went into injury time at 2-3 I wasn't too bothered because the atmosphere made the game for me. Night match, big away following, going 0-2 and 1-3 down, plus a slightly weaker cup line-up - all these things made the atmosphere, especially in the second half, fantastic. The crowd carried the team that night.

But, and I'm educated guessing here, I imagine the main thing that night was the crowd was made up of a lot more supporters who don't get to go every week? So, more enthusiastic, just glad to be there.

I started going in 1978 pretty much thru to the early 2000s. As others have said, the atmosphere was rarely great week in week out but one thing you could rely on 9 times out of 10 was when we went a goal down the crowd would react. Or if we were level going into the last 20 mins the crowd noise would gradually build to a crescendo. I'm thinking v Forest in 82/83 v West Ham in 86/87, v Charlton in 87/88 etc etc. Not 'big' games just games where we were struggling and the crowd helped.

I don't hear that now - last season when we went 1-0 down to Spurs, with the title on the line, and we equalised I was expecting the crowd to carry the team along but it went back to hushed anxiety. I don't get it - it's not as if there isn't a team out there to have belief in. What is it? One home league defeat in six years with a crowd present yet the crowd is still nervy and quiet when we're losing or pushing for a winner. Unless it's Leicester at home in the LC.

I think only being to roll up and pay at the gate can solve this problem. But obviously for a lot of good reasons that isn't going to happen. Or maybe make it 45s and under on the Kop - once you hit 45 you're moved to another part of the ground. Hey, just talking off the top of my head!
I went to all the cups last season apart from the last two finals. Also a few leagues and I would say that Leicester game was probably one of the best. For me it was the shite coming from the away end and that got Anfield going. A proper angry crowd getting behind the players!

Now every week, we have c*nts singing shite every week and we have weirdos who record them. Difference is that night against Leicester, you had a young crowd with locals and non locals who actually wanted to be there for the team. Not the ones who go just because it looks cool.

Also maybe abit of topic, but it doesn’t help singing the same boss night songs over and over again at 100mph. As well as singing ‘fuck the Tory’s’ every two minutes, especially against European teams (Ajax and Napoli this season for example)

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13422 on: January 25, 2023, 11:24:59 pm »

I think the best avenue is S.O.S but there is so many difference of opinions when it comes to clamping down the issues.

Out of their remit really. If you go regularly I'd say it would be better to get to know the SK1906 lads and take it from there.

But really. It's not that different from when I started going in 1984.

Offline TwitterJayy

• Kopite
« Reply #13423 on: January 26, 2023, 01:07:26 am »
Out of their remit really. If you go regularly I'd say it would be better to get to know the SK1906 lads and take it from there.

But really. It's not that different from when I started going in 1984.
Which the touting part?

I’ll be honest but the whole ticketing is fucked. I’ve been on that waiting list according to my dad around 2003, yet there’s people who have joined later and got one!

Those local sales are badly abused, got one last season for against Palace and there was hardly a scouse accent there. Now you can be first in the que and tickets go instantly but 5 minutes later there on touting websites.

Been a problem for years, I know the clubs been made aware but feels like it’s just gets worse. No wonder the atmosphere is shite, when there’s so many problems.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #13424 on: January 26, 2023, 09:28:43 am »
Its easy singing n stuff when winning...but its when were not is when a crowd can help.

Would be nice to see this under this current relative downturn in fortunes and form

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13425 on: January 26, 2023, 09:44:41 am »
Which the touting part?

I’ll be honest but the whole ticketing is fucked. I’ve been on that waiting list according to my dad around 2003, yet there’s people who have joined later and got one!

Those local sales are badly abused, got one last season for against Palace and there was hardly a scouse accent there. Now you can be first in the que and tickets go instantly but 5 minutes later there on touting websites.

Been a problem for years, I know the clubs been made aware but feels like it’s just gets worse. No wonder the atmosphere is shite, when there’s so many problems.

The thing about local sales that never seems to get mentioned is that plenty of locals get tickets in the local sales and then sell them on. There's next to nothing the club can do to stop that either. The system of passing on a spare is as old as going to the match itself, whether it's paper tickets in the old days or 'burner' phones today.... it's just there's way more interest from elsewhere in buying those spares in the modern era. People always want to blame the club for fucking the system or shutting out locals but plenty of locals are happy to spin tickets for twice or 3 times the price to OOTs/tourists/whatever you want to call them. It is what it is, is about all I think there is to say about it.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13426 on: January 26, 2023, 06:21:20 pm »
Which the touting part?

Sorry mate. Just read your post again, thought you were on about the atmosphere per se

Offline bossjon

• Kemlynite
« Reply #13427 on: January 27, 2023, 03:35:40 pm »
Some simple positive things could be done, would be great if SoS or the Spion Kop lads could adress it to the club:

* Move the RTK/block 300s down to the 200s.
* Make a similar kind of block in the Annie Road end or in the L1/L2 block in the main stand, then those with ST holders in those stands can move to that block for next season.

* The touting of tickets is a massive issue and harming the effort getting locals in, but as I swede we must get more scousers into the ground, especially young ones. We should create an entire block on the kop (102) or the annie road (127) just for local u-25years. Then you wont have the issue with tickets ending up with 50 year old swedes or Indonesians.

All of the above is actually quite easy to achieve and wont cost the club to much, but it will improve the ground and performance of the team considerably.

* What saddens me the most is that our "highs" aren´t that good or special anymore. Up until 2010, if we faced Everton, Man United or in Europe you could almost guarantee at least a very hostile atmosphere that benefitted us massively. When Wenger, Fergie etc praised Anfield it was mainly the intimidation factor, that was what they feared.
Since the new Main Stand/Klopp I can hardly mention a game that could rival any of the big CL game sin 2000-2010s or certain Everton/United matches in terms of intensity.
Barcelona was a one off, but Craven Cottage would be rocking in that type of scenario.
But when we at times get close to our highs, Anfield is still a massive force to be reckon with (especially the City games the last years)

* FOAR was usually our loudest and most intimidating chant, seems to be almost gone completely. After every goal there used to be a proper rendition of FOAR regardless of opposition.
* Think we should bring back the Ring of Fire chant as well, easy and travels around the ground with the scarves.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #13428 on: January 27, 2023, 05:56:31 pm »
... but as I swede we must get more scousers into the ground, especially young ones...

A Swede wanting more Scousers in the ground?

;)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #13429 on: January 27, 2023, 06:47:03 pm »
A Swede wanting more Scousers in the ground?

;)

Sort of intended to Stockholm field advantage, perhaps..
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #13430 on: February 13, 2023, 11:11:39 pm »
Best it's been in a long while, first half especially.
:D

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #13431 on: February 13, 2023, 11:52:10 pm »
A snarling pissed off but not at Klopp, angry Anfield for the derby was a perfect game to rally the team with the added bonus of how the blueshite really were shite.

Your so shit it's unbelievable.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 11:56:47 pm by sheepfest »

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #13432 on: February 14, 2023, 12:26:07 am »
Brilliant. Even able to sing Poor Scouser Tommy at its slow tempo all the way through. Been trying to do that for years with little success. Lost count of the amount of variants of going down songs we had. Going down yes you are, you'll be playing QPR is one of my favourite chants after tonight. Think the best moment was looking round the ground when Robbo wound Pickford up and seeing all 4 sides of the ground on their feet singing going down. Might even go as far as saying I'll miss this next season  ;D

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #13433 on: February 14, 2023, 12:39:20 am »
Clapping attempted passes that don't make it or go out of play instead of groaning is a positive development.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
« Reply #13434 on: February 14, 2023, 01:31:44 am »
DIVOCK ORIGI!!
For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13435 on: February 14, 2023, 02:48:26 am »
Sounded good on the TV tonight. If we had more of this, I reckon we would be looking much better. To be fair, I suppose you could say the fans need something to sing about. It's not a nighttime derby every other fixture.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #13436 on: February 14, 2023, 10:37:30 am »
Brilliant. Even able to sing Poor Scouser Tommy at its slow tempo all the way through. Been trying to do that for years with little success.

yep, loved that....and boss piss-taking atmosphere all through the game .....very enjoyable...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #13437 on: February 14, 2023, 12:23:22 pm »
Nothing beats sitting in a cafe with a slightly sore head waiting for your brekkie the morning after and being able to spot a blue.

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Economist not the MP spelling and Crosby background differentiate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gentleman in the streets; freak in the spreadsheet
« Reply #13438 on: February 14, 2023, 12:34:09 pm »
Some simple positive things could be done, would be great if SoS or the Spion Kop lads could adress it to the club:

* Move the RTK/block 300s down to the 200s.
* Make a similar kind of block in the Annie Road end or in the L1/L2 block in the main stand, then those with ST holders in those stands can move to that block for next season.

* The touting of tickets is a massive issue and harming the effort getting locals in, but as I swede we must get more scousers into the ground, especially young ones. We should create an entire block on the kop (102) or the annie road (127) just for local u-25years. Then you wont have the issue with tickets ending up with 50 year old swedes or Indonesians.

All of the above is actually quite easy to achieve and wont cost the club to much, but it will improve the ground and performance of the team considerably.

* What saddens me the most is that our "highs" aren´t that good or special anymore. Up until 2010, if we faced Everton, Man United or in Europe you could almost guarantee at least a very hostile atmosphere that benefitted us massively. When Wenger, Fergie etc praised Anfield it was mainly the intimidation factor, that was what they feared.
Since the new Main Stand/Klopp I can hardly mention a game that could rival any of the big CL game sin 2000-2010s or certain Everton/United matches in terms of intensity.
Barcelona was a one off, but Craven Cottage would be rocking in that type of scenario.
But when we at times get close to our highs, Anfield is still a massive force to be reckon with (especially the City games the last years)

* FOAR was usually our loudest and most intimidating chant, seems to be almost gone completely. After every goal there used to be a proper rendition of FOAR regardless of opposition.
* Think we should bring back the Ring of Fire chant as well, easy and travels around the ground with the scarves.

Some really good points - and FOAR and Ring of Fire are two of my favourite too.

Just on the concerns over touting - the problem is that many of the touts are locals buying up the local allocation (based on my own experience and what people here have said). Unless everyone has to bring ID and an energy bill with them to sit in the designated local seats it will be far too difficult to sort I think.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #13439 on: February 14, 2023, 12:37:56 pm »
Nothing beats sitting in a cafe with a slightly sore head waiting for your brekkie the morning after and being able to spot a blue.
You're in Rhyl, aren't you?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.