Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1755907 times)

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
Re: Atmosphere at Anfield
« Reply #13120 on: October 4, 2022, 09:56:55 pm »
He doesn't need to be everywhere to be our playmaker. He can be on the touchline and do miraculous things with the football.
I agree mate. Trent Atmosphere At Anfield bossed it.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13121 on: October 4, 2022, 10:01:36 pm »
Whoops wrong thread!

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13122 on: October 4, 2022, 10:05:53 pm »
Klopp is a wee German Bawbag it said on the mural didn’t it?

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #13123 on: October 4, 2022, 10:09:19 pm »
Whoops wrong thread!

I did wonder. 😀
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #13124 on: October 4, 2022, 10:54:04 pm »
Union bears are a myth
YNWA

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13125 on: October 4, 2022, 10:58:28 pm »
Started off quite good tonight, much better than the mood on here. Then went a bit quiet later, but its midweek.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13126 on: October 4, 2022, 11:30:58 pm »
Scousers on the Kop with their phones out taking pictures of the Greek taking corners and all sorts throughout the game.

But yes, OOTs and tourists are the problem  ::)
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13127 on: October 5, 2022, 12:07:55 am »
Echo above, was decent at the start then went quiet a bit but overall better than most CL group games.

Thought their fans were tame to be honest, was expecting a lot more. Benfica’s fans were much louder throughout, these perked up second half but weren’t anything special.

An on a side note a bunch of Scot’s bending over to the royal family and singing their anthem will forever baffle me.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #13128 on: October 5, 2022, 12:09:46 am »
' Fuck Bobby Sands ..  he' s deed ' .

He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13129 on: October 5, 2022, 12:31:31 am »
Bobby Sands ..  hero - legend.

Indeed ✊
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13130 on: October 5, 2022, 12:42:30 am »
« Last Edit: October 5, 2022, 12:44:34 am by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13131 on: October 5, 2022, 12:47:17 am »
Good start but faded after 15 minutes and never really got going again.  Lack of competition on the pitch probably a factor.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #13132 on: October 5, 2022, 12:58:04 am »
Personally thought best for a while and loved the royals chant.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #13133 on: October 5, 2022, 12:58:31 am »
I didn't get home til late so I'm just watching the recording now. Only 12 minutes in but the crowd sounds pretty decent.

Bumped into the neighbour as I was coming in. He's a steward at the ground. Said the Kop was quiet but the Rangers lot were pricks. Said they tried to rush the gates at the ARE. I was surprised to see them go down the plastic flags route too.

Hopefully the night went off ok. The Strand area was dead when I drove through but there was a big police presence on the Dock Road by Invisible Wind Farm where there were a group of Rangers fans after the game. I didn't see any trouble though.

« Last Edit: October 5, 2022, 01:00:31 am by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #13134 on: October 5, 2022, 01:04:00 am »
I didn't get home til late so I'm just watching the recording now. Only 12 minutes in but the crowd sounds pretty decent.

Bumped into the neighbour as I was coming in. He's a steward at the ground. Said the Kop was quiet but the Rangers lot were pricks. Said they tried to rush the gates at the ARE. I was surprised to see them go down the plastic flags route too.

Hopefully the night went off ok. The Strand area was dead when I drove through but there was a big police presence on the Dock Road by Invisible Wind Farm where there were a group of Rangers fans after the game. I didn't see any trouble though.

First time all season I thought not let the away crowd dominate and responded to shitty royal chants.

Maybe depends where you sit.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #13135 on: October 5, 2022, 01:04:46 am »
Indeed ✊

It's mad that they throw that one in their version of the fields .

Fuck them.

In 1803 we sailed out to sea ... out of the sweet town of Derry ..
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #13136 on: October 5, 2022, 01:11:30 am »
Indeed ✊
He was nothing but a terrorist scumbag
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13137 on: October 5, 2022, 01:12:46 am »
First time all season I thought not let the away crowd dominate and responded to shitty royal chants.

Maybe depends where you sit.
I'm a half hour into the game now. Good to hear us drown out their GSTK.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #13138 on: October 5, 2022, 01:16:22 am »

So that's what that gloomy dirge was!

Overall expected more from them.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #13139 on: October 5, 2022, 04:44:09 am »

Just wait till next week. :puke2

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13140 on: October 5, 2022, 07:32:38 am »
Didn't actually sound too bad on the box...I was expecting much less intensity from our supporters. Sounded quite powerful at times. But it was always going to be like that, wasn't it? Group qualifying stage in early October. You just knew it. Suppose we've been spoilt over the years.
Don't want to be condescending but I'll be condescending . It was their semi-final and next week'll be their final. Seeing themselves on the European stage blah blah. Wait till April. When stuff gets interesting and the chips are down there's still no place like our place.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #13141 on: October 5, 2022, 09:39:58 am »
Thought it was great pretty much all through on the Kop. Couldn't hear their end at all, could just see them waving a few flags. Figured at one point they were singing GSTK due to our response but that was it.

Did laugh at them getting out an ULTRAS flag and then there they are waving little plastic flags like Chelsea! ;D

I assume they'll be fined for those flares at the start? It brought a nice bit of red to their end though. :)

Oh, it was good to see the Lower Kenny standing as well.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13142 on: October 5, 2022, 10:32:23 am »
He was nothing but a terrorist scumbag

Depends whose vote you're trying catch, or whose face you're trying to save.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #13143 on: October 5, 2022, 10:47:35 am »
Over the box sounded like it started off great - and then died down once it was clear Rangers wouldn´t be putting up much of a fight. Which is fair enough really.

As for their fans, heard them a few times but considering how Anfield died off I thought they would be heard more. Plastic flags though? Also, that drum was really fucking annoying. Same with Ajax the other day. I knew Celtic and Rangers have gone down the "Ultras" route in sections of their home stadiums, but didn´t realise they dominated the away ends as well.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13144 on: October 5, 2022, 10:57:19 am »
Over the box sounded like it started off great - and then died down once it was clear Rangers wouldn´t be putting up much of a fight. Which is fair enough really.

As for their fans, heard them a few times but considering how Anfield died off I thought they would be heard more. Plastic flags though? Also, that drum was really fucking annoying. Same with Ajax the other day. I knew Celtic and Rangers have gone down the "Ultras" route in sections of their home stadiums, but didn´t realise they dominated the away ends as well.

Didn't even realise they had a drum, didn't hear it all night, which is a nice bonus!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #13145 on: October 5, 2022, 10:59:06 am »
Didn't even realise they had a drum, didn't hear it all night, which is a nice bonus!

Well that confirms they stick the TV mics right over the away fans then!! It was incessant, likewise with Ajax.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #13146 on: October 5, 2022, 11:06:10 am »
Still think 'Hibs' fans in 70's had the biggest ..er!..'impact' than all the Scottish clubs visiting Anfield in my time.

Find Rangers Union obsession moronic...

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13147 on: October 5, 2022, 11:07:16 am »

Was how it was in the ground. I was pleasantly surprised at the amount joining in at the start, was great, the ones who are normally quiet around us piped up for once, funny thing how that all works really, just takes a bit of a push for the atmosphere to get going and the normally quiet ones to join in.

As you mention their fans were exactly that, disappointing, they sung more second half but I expected a lot more. Benfica fans last year didn't shut up for the full 90, was expecting similar but was tame as fuck really considering all the hype. One lonely, empty bottle got thrown towards the pitch when Salah's pen hit the back of the net, it got caught in the wind and limped onto the grass, that pretty much summed them up.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13148 on: October 5, 2022, 11:12:39 am »

Didn't hear that either, but didn't hear much of them anyway.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13149 on: October 5, 2022, 11:17:43 am »
Didn't hear that either, but didn't hear much of them anyway.

Same. From the middle of the Kop I'm used to not hearing certain crowds, but in CL games you usually hear something at least.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13150 on: October 5, 2022, 11:18:23 am »
One lonely, empty bottle got thrown towards the pitch when Salah's pen hit the back of the net, it got caught in the wind and limped onto the grass, that pretty much summed them up.

:lmao

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13151 on: October 5, 2022, 11:31:43 am »
Still think 'Hibs' fans in 70's had the biggest ..er!..'impact' than all the Scottish clubs visiting Anfield in my time.

Find Rangers Union obsession moronic...

I think most football fans are divs these days. Hearts were divs when we played them. But if we'd have played Hearts or Rangers in the 70s they'd have had 10,000 or so screaming fanatics, probably throwing bottles and that like Celtic in the 60s.

And if we played Hibs now, they'd be div's. And we'd be div's as well, cos we're all div's. Football's been turned into a product, and products create div's.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13153 on: October 5, 2022, 11:53:55 am »
I had to laugh at their fans singing 'where's your famous atmosphere' about two minutes before half time when half the ground have gone for a piss, pie and a pint. Also saw a video of their fans on the way to the ground, one guy has the drum and another fella beats it  :lmao

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #13154 on: October 5, 2022, 11:59:21 am »
Decent in the lower anfield road I thought we were pretty noisey all night. Couldn’t hear the rangers fans at all reallly except when leaving and they were singing about hillsborough. Lovely bunch.
YNWA

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13155 on: October 5, 2022, 12:00:35 pm »
Just to add, could have heard a pin drop during the minute's silence. Obviously a particularly poignant one for us, that was.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13156 on: October 5, 2022, 12:09:56 pm »

I'm all for fans making stadiums more colourful and vibrant, but I find this 'Ultras' thing really contrived and tedious. Considering they go on about their passionate following, I thought Rangers were highly disappointing last night. Plastic flags are simply embarrassing. Something you expect from the likes of Chelsea and now Everton. Poor, with no individuality or thought.

The ridiculous drum and accompanying incessant drivel that in no way reacts to the game taking place in front of them is droningly tedious.

After watching the entire game late last night I think our fans were decent. Fell away after a lively start, but given how poor Rangers were it was clear it was going to be an easy night. Passions are bound to fade a little then. It was good to see 'GSTK' and 'Land of Hopeless Tories' was drowned out everytime they reared their ugly heads.

It's weird seeing fans of a club based in a country decimated by the English establishment singing the praises of those who have trodden all over them for centuries. Maybe they are call ex-pat Chelsea fans from London? Or maybe just masochists?
« Last Edit: October 5, 2022, 12:11:46 pm by Son of Spion »

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #13157 on: October 5, 2022, 12:17:44 pm »

^ very Chelsea that. And just like Chelsea... they stopped waving their plastic flags and apart from a couple of awful 'GSTKs' (easily and quickly drowned out)... went quiet when they went a goal down.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13158 on: October 5, 2022, 12:19:51 pm »
Decent in the lower anfield road I thought we were pretty noisey all night. Couldn’t hear the rangers fans at all reallly except when leaving and they were singing about hillsborough. Lovely bunch.
They sung about Hillsborough?

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #13159 on: October 5, 2022, 12:25:23 pm »
They sung about Hillsborough?
Always the victims, as we were leaving
Fair enough to this account calling it out
https://twitter.com/scfrsc/status/1577301582894571524?s=46&t=kXY3y25QeNSESXEQGQLheQ
« Last Edit: October 5, 2022, 12:26:57 pm by SouthDerryLaggo »
YNWA