Author Topic: The barbarity that is Syria  (Read 383021 times)

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
Re: The barbarity that is Syria
« Reply #4320 on: June 21, 2022, 02:14:13 pm »
Whilst it's depressing that some people get suckered into believing this kind of stuff, there is a huge difficulty in knowing who and what to believe in any such situation.

The US, for instance, has propagated about as many lies and misinformation campaigns over the years to either cover-up its nefarious actions or create public support for one opinion or another. All to support its ongoing attempts to gain economic and political hegemony over as much of the world as it can.

I would say anyone suckered into believing Washington's bullshit is equally stupid or imbecilic.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #4321 on: June 21, 2022, 02:31:27 pm »
Whilst it's depressing that some people get suckered into believing this kind of stuff, there is a huge difficulty in knowing who and what to believe in any such situation.

The US, for instance, has propagated about as many lies and misinformation campaigns over the years to either cover-up its nefarious actions or create public support for one opinion or another. All to support its ongoing attempts to gain economic and political hegemony over as much of the world as it can.

I would say anyone suckered into believing Washington's bullshit is equally stupid or imbecilic.

In the Syrian case it seemed to me to to be extremely easy. Believe the Syrian civilians under intense daily bombardment from the war-planes and guns of the dictator Assad and his Russian ally. Especially when the whole thing is being intensively documented.

I think there was probably some unconscious racism at work in this case. Some people on the margins of the political left - like Waters himself perhaps - looked at the victims and thought 'Arabs'. Just the sort of people to dress up as actors and paint wounds on themselves, just the sort of people to pretend to bury their kids, just the sort of people to start wailing and crying for the cameras.   

"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #4322 on: June 21, 2022, 05:32:15 pm »
In the Syrian case it seemed to me to to be extremely easy. Believe the Syrian civilians under intense daily bombardment from the war-planes and guns of the dictator Assad and his Russian ally. Especially when the whole thing is being intensively documented.

I think there was probably some unconscious racism at work in this case. Some people on the margins of the political left - like Waters himself perhaps - looked at the victims and thought 'Arabs'. Just the sort of people to dress up as actors and paint wounds on themselves, just the sort of people to pretend to bury their kids, just the sort of people to start wailing and crying for the cameras.

And the difference is with American lies is that America, just about, still has a free press who do investigation those lies.

Unlike most of the Middle East and Russia.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4323 on: June 21, 2022, 05:53:55 pm »
And the difference is with American lies is that America, just about, still has a free press who do investigation those lies.

Unlike most of the Middle East and Russia.

It certainly does have a free press. Plus functioning courts which are independent.

None of that means its citizens should not be vigilant (and of course huge parts of the American public are vigilant), but it does mean there is transparency and accountability way beyond anything ever offered in Russia or Baathist Syria.

But this is all so obvious....
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4324 on: February 1, 2023, 11:44:40 am »
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jan/27/syrian-regime-found-responsible-for-douma-chemical-weapons-attack?CMP=share_btn_tw

Investigators from the global chemical weapons agency have found the Syrian regime responsible for a poison gas attack that killed 43 people in a suburb of Damascus in 2018, leaving victims choking to death in the basement of a home.....

This has been the West's (and the United Nations') greatest failure since 2000. Pure inaction in the face of evil.

Ukraine, among others, is paying for it now.

Online Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4325 on: March 5, 2024, 10:25:39 pm »
The war waged by Putin and the fascist Assad regime against the Syrian people goes on.

https://twitter.com/nedalalamari/status/1764622056069447943

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4326 on: March 7, 2024, 12:16:45 am »
The war waged by Putin and the fascist Assad regime against the Syrian people goes on.

https://twitter.com/nedalalamari/status/1764622056069447943
I saw an housing block attacked by a missile last week, reminded me of Ukraine...
What are your thoughts on Golan Heights ? Occupied territory or real polltik ?

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4327 on: March 7, 2024, 12:25:07 am »
I saw an housing block attacked by a missile last week, reminded me of Ukraine...
Of course it's occupied, that Apartheid Settler Colony stole it.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4328 on: March 7, 2024, 02:09:37 am »
Yes there's a very supply of missiles launched indiscriminately at civilian targets in Golan Heights from within Syria, even before this most recent conflict was started. Grim stuff that Hezbollah and Iran do there - can't imagine that most of the residents, Syrian citizens included, are keen for Hezbollah to rule over them.
Of course it's occupied, that Apartheid Settler Colony stole it.
Are we talking the Ottoman Empire here? Or going old school all the way back to the Rashidun Caliphate?

Online CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4329 on: March 7, 2024, 03:10:30 pm »
Are we talking the Ottoman Empire here? Or going old school all the way back to the Rashidun Caliphate?

He's talking about the Roman empire, I think, or possibly the Greeks. Maybe the Amorites.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4330 on: March 7, 2024, 03:32:16 pm »
Hahahaha kids are bing killed but you cracked a funny.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4331 on: March 7, 2024, 03:53:29 pm »
Yes they are.

Figures up until November last year: https://syrianobserver.com/news/86315/syria-today-more-than-30000-child-killed-since-2011.html

Few in the West seem to care though, or even be aware.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4332 on: March 21, 2024, 01:47:55 pm »
Yes there's a very supply of missiles launched indiscriminately at civilian targets in Golan Heights from within Syria,
The Golan Heights are within Syria... it's an ethnically cleansed occupied territory.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4333 on: March 21, 2024, 01:56:32 pm »
The Golan Heights are within Syria... it's an ethnically cleansed occupied territory.
if you're gonna try to snarkily correct someone, you're best off trying to find a mistake first. the missiles are launched from syria, as i said.

another tip, don't score the own goal of making a mistake while trying to one up someone with a correction ;D there's tens of thousands of people with Druze heritage living there, that you've just willed out of existence to try to make some weird and ignorant point

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4334 on: March 21, 2024, 02:35:12 pm »
Like a moth to a flame. ;)

Online Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4335 on: March 21, 2024, 03:23:52 pm »
13 years since the civilian protests against Assad's military dictatorship began.

13 years of being bombed to smithereens by Assad and Putin. And 13 years of being dispersed all over the world.

"The Revolution continues" say the people of Idlib.

From the Guardian newspaper: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq0GnLgjAKE

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4336 on: April 2, 2024, 04:11:10 pm »
More airstrikes in Syria ::).Someones trying their hardest to escalate their own conflict in the Middle East.
And I'm starting to think Vlad da bad is contemplating the introduction of the MAD doctrine there aswell...
Might settle things down with Iran and Israel and maybe the Saudi's too.   ???

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4337 on: April 2, 2024, 04:31:53 pm »
More airstrikes in Syria ::)
good news is that these were military targets (IRGC/Hezbollah), who are responsible for deliberating targeting civilians in Syria/Lebanon/Israel and beyond - as opposed to the usual airstrikes deliberately aiming to kill civilians and destroy civilian infrastructure by Asad/Russia/Iran and their proxies.

Hopefully degrades their capacity to cause more civilian suffering across the middle east for at least a short while

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4338 on: April 2, 2024, 04:56:09 pm »
good news is that these were military targets (IRGC/Hezbollah), who are responsible for deliberating targeting civilians in Syria/Lebanon/Israel and beyond - as opposed to the usual airstrikes deliberately aiming to kill civilians and destroy civilian infrastructure by Asad/Russia/Iran and their proxies.

Hopefully degrades their capacity to cause more civilian suffering across the middle east for at least a short while
I thought you believed in sovereignty and International law...Anyhow it won't stop the genocidal crimes against humanity happening will it and it just brings that doomsday clock a little bit closer to it's inevitable end...Good news in a kind of nihilistic sense I suppose.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4339 on: April 2, 2024, 05:51:08 pm »

Must have been these twats that done the air strike today that killed 3 British aid workers amongst others. It’s like you’re blissfully unaware and just see what you want to see.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4340 on: April 2, 2024, 06:08:37 pm »
Makes a change from them targeting food aid workers.

c*nts.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4341 on: April 2, 2024, 06:23:09 pm »
Must have been these twats that done the air strike today that killed 3 British aid workers amongst others. It’s like you’re blissfully unaware and just see what you want to see.
who's blissfully unaware? the topic of conversation was strikes in syria

not for the first time in this thread bigbonedrawky wants to conflate and draw a moral equivalence between scumbags like Reza Zahedi being killed (or, in the past, the hypothetical threat of killing the scumbag russian air force pilots - via a no fly zone) with the barbarity Syrian's suffer from Asad/Iran/Russia.

spotted him doing this years ago - you can substitute the words out here:

The fact that in 2021 we still have weird people in the west applying moral equivalence between syrian and russian forces bombing civilians, and nation states proposing to enforce a no-fly zone (threatening to bomb the civilian-targeting syrian and russian military) is just another depressing example of how ideological framing can lead to such astoundingly callous ignorance.
https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=344128.msg17856141#msg17856141

bigbonedrwaky isn't remotely arsed about Syrians, and the tens of thousands of lives lost and millions left with no homes. he only seems to care about Syria when dictatorial regimes suffer a small loss. ideology rotted away any concern for the people who are victim to these regimes long ago
« Last Edit: April 2, 2024, 06:27:07 pm by classycarra »

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4342 on: April 2, 2024, 06:24:25 pm »
Makes a change from them targeting food aid workers.

c*nts.
yet another thread you're deliberately trying to get locked. genuine question, what's your deal? why are you so opposed to some discussions on the news forum that you cynically try to cut them short?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4343 on: April 2, 2024, 07:29:46 pm »
yet another thread you're deliberately trying to get locked. genuine question, what's your deal? why are you so opposed to some discussions on the news forum that you cynically try to cut them short?

I'm opposed to nothing.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4344 on: April 2, 2024, 08:56:52 pm »
Hope you appreciate the irony of your "Like flies to shit" post, Kalito. Your very first post in five years on this topic.

What an interesting time to suddenly start to care enough about Syria for the first time. Just a shame it's only enough to try to use it as a political football, only enough to snipe at posters that do.

[edit: appears you've deleted it - good call]