The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool Life

Liverpool Airport - Opinions

(1/37) > >>

Spongebob Redpants:
There's a story in todays Echo about passengers returning from abroad over the weekend and taking up to 2 hours to get through immigration .

I've flown from JLA a fair few times over the years , most recently 2 weeks ago . We arrived back at the airport at around 11pm , and it took the best part of an hour to get through immigration . On reaching the customs area , there were 3 immigration officers on duty.

The management of the airport has dropped in quality as the airport has grown , and I'm getting to the point where I may start to fly from Manchester instead .

The parking charges are also a rip-off , with only a 5 minute free parking period ( think it used to 15 minutes or so ) allowed to drop off / pick up passengers , after which the prices rocket to up to £ 10.00 per hour . This has had the effect that taxis and other vehicles at the airport to pick up incoming passengers are parking on Speke Hall Avenue .

Shit service and time they sorted themselves out .

Hightown Phil:
It's a piss take getting through passport control. Although I do know a cunning short cut. 8)

gregor:
Must admit there does often seem to be a big queue for passport control, it's never taken me an hour to get through though.

Kahuna{=}Berger:

--- Quote from: Spongebob Redpants on April 26, 2011, 10:20:00 am ---The management of the airport has dropped in quality as the airport has grown , and I'm getting to the point where I may start to fly from Manchester instead .

--- End quote ---

Don't do that mate. Manchester Airport is a fucking joke in my opinion. There's massive ques for security every time and I get searched every single time without doubt!

Hell, is an eternity in Manchester airport.

Roady:
got to say ive no problem with the airport at all.Ten minutes if that in a cab and im there feet up and at the bar ready for my hols. I cant say im bothered about the charges in the car park.If im going on holiday ill get a cab there or a lift so it doesnt affect me really. As for passport control,never been in a queue longer than about 15 minutes.Guess it depends on how busy it is and the time of day etc. I wont knock my local airport,I love it.Id rather fly from Liverpool than any other uk airport.Ive had queues in Manchester a lot longer than Liverpools by a country mile. Think its a quality airport myself and ive never had any problems or long waiting periods as of yet.Guess theres plenty who have but equally plenty who are happy with the service it provides

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version