Author Topic: Spain 82  (Read 38270 times)

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spain 82
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2017, 12:14:28 pm »
^ the lad has videos from a LOT of World Cups too - well worth checking out (seemingly every World Cup from 1966 onwards!):-

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrDrobisha/videos

Boss channel, thanks for linking.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2017, 12:17:26 pm »
Damn I miss the grainy pictures, the commentator sounding like he's talking down a bad phone line, and the big flashing R in the corner when a replay is on.

Good days.

Old twat.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2017, 12:31:28 pm »
Zbigniew Boniek all the way for me. His hatty against Belgium was fucking glorious

that is wonderful. love that clip.

Boss channel, thanks for linking.

be watching a lot of that channel
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2017, 01:06:00 pm »
Damn I miss the grainy pictures, the commentator sounding like he's talking down a bad phone line, and the big flashing R in the corner when a replay is on.

Good days.

Old twat.

Commentary sounds so much better when it sounds like the commentators are being attacked by a swarm of angry bees.

On a similar nostalgia note, have a look at the beeb's opening credits for the 1978 WC. Note in particular Scottish fans flicking the V's at Johnny Foreigner heading down the tunnel at the 15 second mark. Marvellous stuff.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2c__vAtx_-o" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2c__vAtx_-o</a>
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2017, 01:40:31 pm »
Commentary sounds so much better when it sounds like the commentators are being attacked by a swarm of angry bees.

I think modern commentary standards would improve immensely if they were actually in a room being attacked by a swarm of angry bees ;)

Top video of the opening credits :)

Some other similar threads that may be of interest...

RAWK's 'Socrates' thread (with lots of Brazil '82 footage, and more...) - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=279970.msg15732805#msg15732805

RAWK's 'Greatest World Cup Moment?' thread - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=250295.msg17489735#msg17489735

RAWK's  'Mexico 86' World Cup thread - https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=253812.0

RAWK's 'Brazil 4-1 Italy 1970 - The best International side ever?' thread - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=237937.msg5417249

RAWK's 'Brazil - Are they all they're cracked up to be?' thread - https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=117059.msg1899189

« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 02:37:44 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2017, 02:02:38 pm »
Brazil 82 were sex on the pitch. I mean Socrates, Falcao, Zico and Eder. Fuck Me!  8)

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2017, 02:15:25 pm »
Brazil 82 were sex on the pitch. I mean Socrates, Falcao, Zico and Eder. Fuck Me!  8)
pity about Serginho up front

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2017, 03:17:27 pm »
Gerry Armstrong
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2017, 04:02:08 pm »
Weird this got bumped, I bought a Spain 82 shirt yesterday!
Weird this got bumped, I found my Ladybird hardcover Spain 82 book yesterday.

Best bit: full-page feature on the luxury coaches (coaches!) the teams had been given to get around Spain in.  Worst bit: five-year-old me distraught when I underestimated how long 'Northern Ireland' is when you write it down, and totally fucked up the fill-in-the-results page at the back.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2017, 06:26:38 pm »
Weird this got bumped, I found my Ladybird hardcover Spain 82 book yesterday.

Best bit: full-page feature on the luxury coaches (coaches!) the teams had been given to get around Spain in.  Worst bit: five-year-old me distraught when I underestimated how long 'Northern Ireland' is when you write it down, and totally fucked up the fill-in-the-results page at the back.

My brother had that book. I was just too young to remember this tournament but remember looking through those filled in results pages over and over. Think Hungary twatted El Salvador something like 8-2 (either that or my brother fucked up the full in yourself bit!).

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2017, 06:29:20 pm »

Even sex has the bad parts.  :D

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2017, 06:35:25 pm »
As a few have said earlier in the thread - was on a family holiday, caravan in Tenby (non-butlins/pontins).
Had a Black & White portable to watch matches - remember premiere of Alien on ITV after one match.

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2017, 10:44:46 am »
My brother had that book. I was just too young to remember this tournament but remember looking through those filled in results pages over and over. Think Hungary twatted El Salvador something like 8-2 (either that or my brother fucked up the full in yourself bit!).

I had that book too, and remember the stuff about the luxury coaches. First time we (NZ) had made the World Cup and we got to play against that Brazil team (what a goal by Zico against us!) and Kenny Dalglish - yes, he scored against us too. We did score a couple against Scotland, at least.

There was that odd business about Keegan and Brooking too injured to play, but named in the squad, and then being thrown on when England was on the point of going out - against the Germans wasn't it? And that incredible Brazil v Italy match. Oh and Maradona's kungfu kick red card.

Fantastic World Cup.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #53 on: February 6, 2021, 12:50:26 am »
Pedro Martins has just done a remastered version of his quality tribute video to the great '82 Brazil side, originally made back in 2011 - which got 3.1 million views...

'Brazil 1982 | A tribute to the art of football - REMASTERED'...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/l6U82TJX0F4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/l6U82TJX0F4</a>

^ the original video can be found here - www.dailymotion.com/video/x2pr50j and here - www.dailymotion.com/video/x2qivor

There are also some more '1982 World Cup videos' added to the 1st page of this thread - including highlights of all of Brazil's matches from the tournament...

« Last Edit: July 5, 2022, 01:36:57 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #54 on: February 7, 2021, 11:38:09 am »
I think often, your favourite World Cup was the first you can properly remember and appreciate as a football fan.

I watched Euro 96, but was probably a bit too young to understand it and engage with it properly, so France 98 is the one for me. I know it likely wasn’t the best World Cup, but I just remember being wowed by the Dutch and the French, seeing some of the Brazilians for the first time and marvelling at how they were all so much better technically than the English side, who until then I’d childishly believed must surely have the best footballers on the planet.

Batistuta’s hat trick against Jamaica made me an overnight Fiorentina fan!
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Mr Benn please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 123456789 Benn
« Reply #55 on: February 7, 2021, 12:15:57 pm »
The 82 world cup played a big part in my academic underachievement as I was taking my O levels when it was going on. Watching the football was far more fun than revising for exams.

My first world cup was Germany 74 which was memorable mainly due to my mate's mum and dad buying a colour TV and going round to his house to watch football in colour for the first time. Apart from the amazing Dutch team, I don't think the quality of football was particularly good.

82 was the best though - some very memorable games, Kev Keegan's England swansong and one of the better finals, topped off by Marco Tardelli's goal celebration which encapsulated perfectly what scoring in the world cup final must have felt like.

Offline Trabolgan

• Anny Roader
  • "For The Honour"
« Reply #56 on: February 7, 2021, 03:55:05 pm »
Was talking about this World Cup recently and two things stuck out. Group 1 containing Italy Poland Cameroon and Peru was the worst football ever at a world cup. Six games five 0-0 or 1-1 draws. Cameroon and Peru alledgedly using witch doctors in the dressing rooms to aid their teams.

Honduras holding Spain to a draw after taking an early lead, holding out for an hour before Lopez Ufarte equalized. The Honduran keeper played a blinder that night.
For The Honour

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #57 on: February 7, 2021, 06:52:26 pm »
Was talking about this World Cup recently and two things stuck out. Group 1 containing Italy Poland Cameroon and Peru was the worst football ever at a world cup. Six games five 0-0 or 1-1 draws. Cameroon and Peru alledgedly using witch doctors in the dressing rooms to aid their teams.

Honduras holding Spain to a draw after taking an early lead, holding out for an hour before Lopez Ufarte equalized. The Honduran keeper played a blinder that night.

Stunk it up a bit on Lopez Ufarte's goal, though... ;)
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: February 7, 2021, 07:20:42 pm »
This was my second World Cup, loved it as much as '78.
Dont watch much football now but this is the only World Cup I can remember that did that odd second group phase (England unbeaten and going home)

I also remember that the Falklands war was on at the time, and to my chagrin I was more interested in football when they cut to the news.

So many stand out memories though.
Brazil with 2 late goals against the USSR. The Socrates goal still makes my hair stand on end.
Maradona getting kicked out of it by Brazil.
Alan Hansen making a mistake.
Gerry Armstrong scoring against Spain.
The France v Germany semi final.
Rossi against Brazil.
Tardelli.
Boniek.
Zico setting up Socrates.
Keegans header.

Life was so good, great days, when football was a sport.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: February 8, 2021, 01:52:40 pm »
absolute shame that this was the only tournament Kevin Keegan played in

didnt even get half an hour owing to injury

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2022, 11:28:54 am »

'On this day 40 years ago, Algeria stunned West Germany at the 1982 FIFA World Cup by beating them 2-1 in the first match of their group. This was Algeria’s first ever match at a World Cup and West Germany had drastically underestimated them, even ridiculing them in pre-match press conferences.'

https://v.redd.it/443b5gelky591 (a 2 minute video)

^ from https://old.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/vdimj7/on_this_day_40_years_ago_algeria_stunned_west

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2022, 11:41:35 am »
'On this day 40 years ago, Algeria stunned West Germany at the 1982 FIFA World Cup by beating them 2-1 in the first match of their group. This was Algeria’s first ever match at a World Cup and West Germany had drastically underestimated them, even ridiculing them in pre-match press conferences.'

https://v.redd.it/443b5gelky591 (a 2 minute video)

^ from https://old.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/vdimj7/on_this_day_40_years_ago_algeria_stunned_west

To be fair, Rabah Madjer was some player. That was the first time I saw him play ...

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2022, 11:44:41 am »
Then there was the 'disgrace of Gijón' where west Germany and Austria played out for a draw to eliminate Algeria. Absolute travesty

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2022, 01:06:26 pm »
Best mascot

A decade to reply but hey, worth it just to keep the memory of Naranjito alive  ;D
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2022, 01:12:12 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1sAM4-1LHc

schumacher is the worst piece of crap ever ...

And Neuer got away with it again in the 2014 final.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2022, 01:13:42 pm »
Eder goal vs USSR absolutely beautiful.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2022, 01:23:20 pm »
Something very strange I learned about this tourney but that I’m too young to remember - the opening game apparently wasn’t shown on TV in the UK, because Argentina were in it and it was considered too sensitive after the Falklands?  Completely unimaginable today.  Anyone remember this?  How did it go down at the time?

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2022, 01:26:34 pm »

Absolute beauty ...

https://youtu.be/jx9KMhX4lzo

The best Brazil team ever. And they've  managed to lose the World Cup ...

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2022, 01:32:41 pm »
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2022, 01:37:31 pm »

As much as I love that goal I love Socrates' in the same game a little more. Best dummy ever. Dasaev stood there like Alan Rough.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 03:15:34 pm by Nitramdorf »

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2022, 02:33:36 pm »

Even sex has the bad parts.  :D

Jonathan Wilson once wrote an article saying Serginho was a key part of the system but it was bollocks really - the player who was the notional starter but got injured ahead of the tournament was bloody Careca.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2022, 02:37:45 pm »
Then there was the 'disgrace of Gijón' where west Germany and Austria played out for a draw to eliminate Algeria. Absolute travesty

Match fixing at it's worst [even though gambling wasn't involved] both teams should have been thrown out, replaced by Algeria & Chile[even though Chile lost every match], going into the last group match, because Algeria played there last group match the day before, West Germany & Austria knew what result they needed from there last match to progress to round 2, why last group matches now kick off at the same time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disgrace_of_Gij%C3%B3n

The second round was a weird format, another group stage but only 3 team groups, straight knockout from 86 world cup
#Sausages

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2022, 05:26:49 pm »
Jonathan Wilson once wrote an article saying Serginho was a key part of the system but it was bollocks really - the player who was the notional starter but got injured ahead of the tournament was bloody Careca.
I know my quote was from years ago but a book I read last year on this, the author said the goalkeeper Waldir Peres and Serginho were both scapegoated.

Even suggested the real weak link of the team was down the side of Eder and Junior, both could go wandering, forcing the centre back to cover left back and pulling everyone out of position.

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #74 on: July 4, 2022, 06:59:49 pm »
'G'ole! : The Official 1982 World Cup Film' - narrated by Sean Connery, 98 minutes of pure old school footy:-

www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/watch/movie/ZU5G7eaVq1PNZNZWkSypT - free to watch; no sign-in or membership needed etc...

FIFA have finally made their 'official World Cup Films' available for free again (from 1958 to 2018; 14 official World Cup Films in total; though not including 1966 & 1970):-

www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/cat/2C5V1KsuDeXdMul8RKpstS

They are also all available to watch here - unofficially - of course...

Spoiler
1930 : www.facebook.com/Football-Nostalgia-103039391382854/videos/1930-uruguay-fifa-world-cup-official-film/603251340579138

1934 : seems there isn't one... ?

1938 : www.facebook.com/Football-Nostalgia-103039391382854/videos/1938-france-fifa-world-cup-official-film/3613218858707181

1950 : www.facebook.com/Football-Nostalgia-103039391382854/videos/1950-brazil-fifa-world-cup-official-film/707968166716964

1954 : www.facebook.com/Football-Nostalgia-103039391382854/videos/1954-switzerland-fifa-world-cup-official-film/1093161104413505

1958 : www.facebook.com/Football-Nostalgia-103039391382854/videos/1958-sweden-fifa-world-cup-official-film/370024630654122

1962 : www.facebook.com/Football-Nostalgia-103039391382854/videos/1962-chile-fifa-world-cup-official-film/359168035082679

1966 : www.facebook.com/Football-Nostalgia-103039391382854/videos/1966-england-fifa-world-cup-official-film/901930810295476

1970 : www.facebook.com/Football-Nostalgia-103039391382854/videos/1970-mexico-fifa-world-cup-official-film/795306604610530

1974 : www.facebook.com/Football-Nostalgia-103039391382854/videos/1974-west-germany-fifa-world-cup-official-film/735199870389676

1978 : www.facebook.com/Football-Nostalgia-103039391382854/videos/1978-argentina-fifa-world-cup-official-film/329605241416086

1982 : www.facebook.com/Football-Nostalgia-103039391382854/videos/1982-spain-fifa-world-cup-official-film/803113800513355

1986 : www.facebook.com/Football-Nostalgia-103039391382854/videos/1986-mexico-fifa-world-cup-official-film/3267464310016690 & www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eDZV-p9DiI

1990 : www.facebook.com/Football-Nostalgia-103039391382854/videos/1990-italy-fifa-world-cup-official-film/343572150099403

1994 : www.facebook.com/Football-Nostalgia-103039391382854/videos/1994-usa-fifa-world-cup-official-film/309922700082150

1998 : www.facebook.com/Football-Nostalgia-103039391382854/videos/1998-france-fifa-world-cup-official-film/359370138402628

2002 : www.facebook.com/Football-Nostalgia-103039391382854/videos/2002-south-koreajapan-fifa-world-cup-official-film/3576175719059896

2006 : www.facebook.com/Football-Nostalgia-103039391382854/videos/2006-germany-fifa-world-cup-official-film/597251037626692

2010 : www.facebook.com/Football-Nostalgia-103039391382854/videos/2010-south-africa-fifa-world-cup-official-film/1411279389068047

2014 : www.facebook.com/Football-Nostalgia-103039391382854/videos/2014-brazil-fifa-world-cup-official-film/684787995719145 & www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUhE_FaJRqY

2018 : www.facebook.com/Football-Nostalgia-103039391382854/videos/2018-russia-fifa-world-cup-official-film/328926198203567 & www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiAcU2DvbXM
[close]

« Last Edit: July 6, 2022, 05:45:51 pm by oojason »

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #75 on: July 4, 2022, 07:35:51 pm »
'G'ole! : The Official 1982 World Cup Film' - narrated by Sean Connery, 98 minutes of pure old school footy:-

www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/watch/movie/ZU5G7eaVq1PNZNZWkSypT - free to watch; no sign-in or membership needed etc...

My favorite of all the World Cup films, on account of being able to watch it repeatedly on HBO after having been enthralled by the World Cup matches live, a novel experience for a young, soccer-playing Yank lad...  :D

Suspect I'm still mistrusting of ze (West) Germans deep down, on account of their perfect performance as tournament villains during my formative years.

Thankfully, Marco Tardelli came through with the greatest goal celebration ever after putting the dastardly evildoers to the sword...

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: July 5, 2022, 05:16:23 am »
My favorite of all the World Cup films, on account of being able to watch it repeatedly on HBO after having been enthralled by the World Cup matches live, a novel experience for a young, soccer-playing Yank lad...  :D

Suspect I'm still mistrusting of ze (West) Germans deep down, on account of their perfect performance as tournament villains during my formative years.

Thankfully, Marco Tardelli came through with the greatest goal celebration ever after putting the dastardly evildoers to the sword...
Brilliantly put.
The dastardly evildoers were at their most dastardliness in 82, cheating Algeria put of a 2nd stage place, then Schumacher's headchop kick in the semi-final against France. But they lost.

Best goal was David Narey's. But sadly only I remember it now.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #77 on: July 5, 2022, 01:00:27 pm »
A theory is that your favourite World Cup is the first one after your 10th birthday... It's correct in my case.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #78 on: July 5, 2022, 01:05:09 pm »
A theory is that your favourite World Cup is the first one after your 10th birthday... It's correct in my case.

Mine as well...

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #79 on: July 5, 2022, 01:33:22 pm »
Best goal was David Narey's. But sadly only I remember it now.

That was the toe-poke, wasn't it?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75