Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1046545 times)

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #17400 on: October 5, 2022, 01:44:12 pm »
Hye Kurt Zouma.  :)  Nice to meet you.

:)

I really hate cats.

but not serious about the shooting thing.  :)

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17401 on: October 8, 2022, 11:43:50 am »
Re: the cat

The cat seems to like your Mum more than you and your wife - can your Mum take it in?
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #17402 on: October 8, 2022, 11:48:43 am »
I would take him back but my wife wouldn't allow two cats in the house. Just one is a handful at the moment. Also whenever I bring him back home, he walks back to our old house for some reason, so can't keep going back and forth.

Get a divorce

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #17403 on: October 8, 2022, 01:12:58 pm »
Get a divorce
Can you divorce a cat? I guess once you've got the Decree Micei...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #17404 on: October 8, 2022, 05:56:21 pm »
Can you divorce a cat? I guess once you've got the Decree Micei...

that's a purrfect suggestion
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17405 on: October 8, 2022, 06:35:51 pm »
I need some Runcorn advice please kopites.

Bastard roadworks on the M56 coming home today they'd closed the motorway completely taking us off at J11 and back on again at J12.

So the first part of the diversion there's a sign up about charges for merseyflow and I've got till midnight tomorrow to pay it but then nothing afterwards and I'm sure that's for going over Runcorn bridge which I'm pretty sure we didn't.

Does anyone know the route I mean and whether I need to pay it or not please?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #17406 on: October 8, 2022, 06:43:51 pm »
I presume you didn’t go over either bridge? I assume the signs are just up because it’s close to the crossings and therefore warning people they do have to pay to cross the river. If you didn’t cross it I’d be 99% sure you won’t have any toll to pay (and 1% likely to pay your fine if you do get charged :D ).

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17407 on: October 8, 2022, 06:47:52 pm »
I need some Runcorn advice please kopites.

Bastard roadworks on the M56 coming home today they'd closed the motorway completely taking us off at J11 and back on again at J12.

So the first part of the diversion there's a sign up about charges for merseyflow and I've got till midnight tomorrow to pay it but then nothing afterwards and I'm sure that's for going over Runcorn bridge which I'm pretty sure we didn't.

Does anyone know the route I mean and whether I need to pay it or not please?
https://www.google.com/maps/@53.3529168,-2.7835006,12z

Unless you have took a wrong turning you would not have gone over the bridge,
However to be 100%  Put your car reg in here and it should come up blank
https://www.merseyflow.co.uk/pay-for-crossing

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17408 on: October 8, 2022, 06:50:18 pm »
I presume you didn’t go over either bridge? I assume the signs are just up because it’s close to the crossings and therefore warning people they do have to pay to cross the river. If you didn’t cross it I’d be 99% sure you won’t have any toll to pay (and 1% likely to pay your fine if you do get charged :D ).

There is a river but no idea if we went over the toll bit 🤷

If it helps after the signs our carriageway went left but there were lanes that went right 🤦

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17409 on: October 8, 2022, 06:52:21 pm »
https://www.google.com/maps/@53.3529168,-2.7835006,12z

Unless you have took a wrong turning you would not have gone over the bridge,
However to be 100%  Put your car reg in here and it should come up blank
https://www.merseyflow.co.uk/pay-for-crossing

It's asking for payment so I must have done 🤷

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17410 on: October 8, 2022, 06:53:34 pm »
It's asking for payment so I must have done 🤷

Thats a helluva detour Debs.

Glad you wont get fined though.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17411 on: October 8, 2022, 07:00:04 pm »
Thats a helluva detour Debs.

Glad you wont get fined though.

I have no idea mate I just followed the diversion signs they'd put out. 

Off at J11 back on at J12 took 3 bastard hours and now I've gotta pay for the fucking privilege too.

Cheeky twats!!

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17412 on: October 8, 2022, 07:02:09 pm »
I have no idea mate I just followed the diversion signs they'd put out. 

Off at J11 back on at J12 took 3 bastard hours and now I've gotta pay for the fucking privilege too.

Cheeky twats!!

just sent you a PM

May have given you duff advice

I just put my reg in at it still accepted me.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #17413 on: October 8, 2022, 07:02:23 pm »
Bad luck Debs if that's the case, but hard to see how you could accidentally go over the bridge(s) merely while being diverted from 11 to 12.

IMO you should be exempt if it was part of an offical diversion
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17414 on: October 8, 2022, 07:05:48 pm »
just sent you a PM

May have given you duff advice

I just put my reg in at it still accepted me.

Thanks mate I've not paid it and I don't think I did go over it but if I get a fine I'm definitely challenging it seeing as it was a diversion.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17415 on: October 8, 2022, 07:07:21 pm »
Bad luck Debs if that's the case, but hard to see how you could accidentally go over the bridge(s) merely while being diverted from 11 to 12.

IMO you should be exempt if it was part of an offical diversion

I don't think I did but I just wanted to check with those who know that area 👍

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17416 on: October 8, 2022, 07:07:46 pm »
Thanks mate I've not paid it and I don't think I did go over it but if I get a fine I'm definitely challenging it seeing as it was a diversion.

ok Cool. 

Soz about that

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #17417 on: October 8, 2022, 07:08:01 pm »
You would know if you drove over the river Mersey. You must have come back over/under it for one thing!

But as Ghost Town said, if you were diverted in a route that then made you pay the toll I’d appeal it in some way.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17418 on: October 8, 2022, 07:17:37 pm »
You would know if you drove over the river Mersey. You must have come back over/under it for one thing!

But as Ghost Town said, if you were diverted in a route that then made you pay the toll I’d appeal it in some way.

The M56 has a big bridge that goes over a river which is where we got back on but I don't recall going over it on the diversion.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #17419 on: October 8, 2022, 07:26:32 pm »
The M56 has a big bridge that goes over a river which is where we got back on but I don't recall going over it on the diversion.

That goes over the river Weaver I think. Just before the big refinery/gasworks off to the right? If you didn’t go over a mini Sydney Harbour Bridge, or one that’s very long then you’ll be ok.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17420 on: October 8, 2022, 07:35:18 pm »
That goes over the river Weaver I think. Just before the big refinery/gasworks off to the right? If you didn’t go over a mini Sydney Harbour Bridge, or one that’s very long then you’ll be ok.

Don't recall either of them Nick thanks.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17421 on: October 8, 2022, 07:45:10 pm »
Don't recall either of them Nick thanks.

I think Nick means this one

The Mersey isnt particularly near the M56 its also quite wide so you will travel over for a few minutes. 

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17422 on: October 8, 2022, 07:49:32 pm »
What place names came up on signs?

Did you see any for Knowsley or Prescot?

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17423 on: October 8, 2022, 08:04:39 pm »
What place names came up on signs?

Did you see any for Knowsley or Prescot?

No neither of them mate.  If I'd seen them I'd have known I was way out of where I should be going.

Daresbury, the A553, Preston Brook and the western something?

I also saw signs for the M62 Warrington but they were the opposite way to where we went.
« Last Edit: October 8, 2022, 08:07:09 pm by reddebs »

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17424 on: October 8, 2022, 08:09:42 pm »
No neither of them mate.  If I'd seen them I'd have known I was way out of where I should be going.

Daresbury, the A553, Preston Brook and the western something?

I also saw signs for the M62 Warrington but they were the opposite way to where we went.

I dont think you went over it.  I think you would know, its not like popping into a Bus lane without knowing, Ive done this before.

Here is a picture

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17425 on: October 8, 2022, 08:11:27 pm »
I dont think you went over it.  I think you would know, its not like popping into a Bus lane without knowing, Ive done this before.

Here is a picture

Omg I absolutely didn't go over that 😯

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17426 on: October 9, 2022, 07:35:33 pm »
Tried this in the gaming section but figured it may get more of a look in here. It’s an Xbox/Microsoft issue.

Wondering if anybody can help, it’s more outlook than an Xbox problem but it crosses over.

Got a new Xbox last week, didn’t want to reset my current outlook psssord as it was logged in on my phone so just thought I’d create a new outlook account for my Xbox. Did it through my iPhone, used suggested password which then didn’t save. Obviously haven’t got a scooby what that password is which wasn’t an issue until my Xbox is now telling me to enter the password to access my account. Been using it a week and not had to do that until today annoyingly.

I wouldn’t be arsed by it however I signed up to a trial of game pass which unless I can sign into the account, is going to auto renew. Tried using contact Xbox support but they won’t give me a number or live chat option as it says I can reset my password following the links.

I have done the reset my password option and provided details however it wants me to type in an old password, which I obviously don’t have! Have tried the account recovery form six times now and it keeps getting knocked back. I’ve even put in my Xbox gamer tag and the Xbox serial ID linked to the outlook account I created and logged into the Xbox on.

Not arsed about accessing the account again but really need to cancel game pass! I purchased it via the mobile phone number option, can I just tell ee to cancel it moving forwards? I’ve also used that option when signing up again on my other profile though so may be a problem there. 

I’ve had a mare to be honest ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17427 on: October 11, 2022, 02:39:29 pm »
I need to open a bank account, I have a current account and saving account with the same bank (Natwest), but need to open one with a different bank.

There are no branches near me.  Can you open stuff online or over the telephone?

I dont really care who its with, but it cant be affiliated to Natwest.

A building society will do, but I think that's a face to face thing again

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #17428 on: October 11, 2022, 02:47:30 pm »
There are various online banks where you can open an account online. Will one of them do or do you need one with branches?

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17429 on: October 11, 2022, 02:54:58 pm »
There are various online banks where you can open an account online. Will one of them do or do you need one with branches?

No that should be fine as long as they dont require me to have a current account with them too

Who are they GT?

Thank you

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #17430 on: October 11, 2022, 02:58:11 pm »
No that should be fine as long as they dont require me to have a current account with them too

Who are they GT?

Thank you
Various ones here: https://www.comparebanks.co.uk/banktype/online/

I have Monzo and Starling and they're fine. No doubt the others are all decent as well otherwise they'd not be allowed. First Direct has a very good rep, I think.

But most do tend to offer current accounts as the first point. Do you need a non-current account?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 03:00:39 pm by Ghost Town »

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #17431 on: October 11, 2022, 03:00:10 pm »

Who are they GT?

Thank you

I opened up an account with Revolut in about 5 minutes and was very straight forward. Presume the likes of Monzo would be similar too.

Just looking online as have my current account with Lloyds Bank. Says on their website that if you’re new to the bank you have to provide a couple of things as proof of identity. Doesn’t say whether that has to be done in branch or just online somehow without me actually starting the application process.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17432 on: October 11, 2022, 03:21:59 pm »
Various ones here: https://www.comparebanks.co.uk/banktype/online/

I have Monzo and Starling and they're fine. No doubt the others are all decent as well otherwise they'd not be allowed. First Direct has a very good rep, I think.

But most do tend to offer current accounts as the first point. Do you need a non-current account?

Yes unless you can have two current accounts?  I want to keep my current account and need an account with an unrelated bank

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #17433 on: October 11, 2022, 03:25:47 pm »
Yes unless you can have two current accounts?  I want to keep my current account and need an account with an unrelated bank

Kenny's laundering funds for Omar Navarro...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Maxxx17

• Boys Pen
« Reply #17434 on: October 11, 2022, 03:26:28 pm »
If you ask somebody out then you pay for the date,the trick is to always get them to ask you out (means you're fucked Barney ;D )

It's a pity not everyone understands this. My acquaintance was so often dumped on it. They called for a date and they paid evenly for the food. But strangely enough, they started a relationship. Maybe not very good, but at least they had a relationship here. Heard from her that she downloaded an app that keeps track of his whereabouts. So it was a very untrustworthy couple.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2022, 01:14:39 pm by Maxxx17 »

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #17435 on: October 11, 2022, 03:30:48 pm »
You can have as many current accounts as you want, at different banks or even more than one at the same bank (some banks might disallow it but that'll be their own rule, not an industry one). People often have separate accounts for different uses for their money - one for bills, one for charity donations, one for holidays etc

I wouldn't go too overboard and have twenty, say, but there's no issues having a few
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 03:32:59 pm by Ghost Town »

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17436 on: October 11, 2022, 03:35:31 pm »
I opened up an account with Revolut in about 5 minutes and was very straight forward. Presume the likes of Monzo would be similar too.

Just looking online as have my current account with Lloyds Bank. Says on their website that if you’re new to the bank you have to provide a couple of things as proof of identity. Doesn’t say whether that has to be done in branch or just online somehow without me actually starting the application process.

Mate according to the fscs website Revolut are not protected if they go bust.  Just wanted to let you know.

https://www.fscs.org.uk/check/check-your-money-is-protected/

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17437 on: October 11, 2022, 03:38:24 pm »

Who are they GT?

Thank you

Chase do 1% cashback on all spending (with some exceptions) with their current account.

One downside though is they have no method of paying in cash.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17438 on: October 11, 2022, 03:41:30 pm »
Chase do 1% cashback on all spending (with some exceptions) with their current account.

One downside though is they have no method of paying in cash.

Im just looking for a savers though. Also Ive just learned that e-money institutions are not protected by the fscs

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #17439 on: October 11, 2022, 04:12:44 pm »
Im just looking for a savers though. Also Ive just learned that e-money institutions are not protected by the fscs
Most online banks are protected by the FSCS. It's just a few 'e-money' applications that aren't. Revolut and Monese aren't protected, but the likes of First Direct, Chase, Monzo, Starling etc are fully protected. Just check the bank in question either at the FSA or the bank's own website to see if they are protected.

One other issue is that sometimes two banks owned by the same group can share a banking licence so that protection is shared across them, so if you had an account at both banks you'd only get 85k protection in total across both accounts, not 85k per account. E.g Halifax and Bank of Scotland, who share a licence.

There's no obvious way of guessing which linked banks share a licence; you need to do the research. There are online tools that can help you.