Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1046584 times)

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #17320 on: September 5, 2022, 08:20:12 pm »
Parkingeye 100% do take some to court, as they did it with my GF but used all her old address details (we'd moved) so she never found out until she applied for something and found she had 2 CCJs from them.

Crikey thats terrible, have you fought it?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17321 on: September 5, 2022, 08:20:58 pm »
£50 for 3 minutes!?
You could have been stuck in a tailback trying to get out of the car park for all they know.

Really good point
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #17322 on: September 5, 2022, 08:21:49 pm »
Crikey thats terrible, have you fought it?

In the process of doing so now, not proving easy.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17323 on: September 5, 2022, 09:27:04 pm »
Parkingeye 100% do take some to court,
This is correct KJ, my lad ended up getting summoned by the CCJ and paid about £200 rather than the £50 fine. And that was arbitrated down from £250.

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #17324 on: September 5, 2022, 09:47:45 pm »
Tesco have come in for some shit for their overzealous enforcement of parking which they sub out to a third party and my missus got done for being about 3 minutes over. It was £60 or £30 if paid sooner. The car park is never full (apart from Christmas maybe) and I was tempted to make them sing fot it but she wanted to pay.

Instead I have boycotted the store for a minimum of 12 months which looking back through my bank statements will have cost them at least £5,000. It will make no difference to them but it makes me feel better. :)

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17325 on: September 6, 2022, 11:38:49 am »
Thanks for the replies,  Looks like they have the right to enforce theses fines if the are going to court and winning. 

I have a blue badge and can park almost anywhere with this for 3 hours.  Id rather have got a fine from the local authority than these c*nts.   At least my fine might have gone to fund something worthwhile.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17326 on: September 6, 2022, 12:17:19 pm »
Tesco have come in for some shit for their overzealous enforcement of parking which they sub out to a third party and my missus got done for being about 3 minutes over. It was £60 or £30 if paid sooner. The car park is never full (apart from Christmas maybe) and I was tempted to make them sing fot it but she wanted to pay.

Instead I have boycotted the store for a minimum of 12 months which looking back through my bank statements will have cost them at least £5,000. It will make no difference to them but it makes me feel better. :)

They need to bring in parking enforcement in NI at supermarkets. The amount of scumbags I see using disabled and parent child spots just to avoid having to park an extra 10 feet away from the door infuriates me.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17327 on: September 12, 2022, 09:21:29 am »
Any physios on here who can advise on a piriformis and sacrum issue?

Or anybody who has suffered with this that can give some advice please.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17328 on: September 13, 2022, 02:37:39 am »
Any physios on here who can advise on a piriformis and sacrum issue?

Or anybody who has suffered with this that can give some advice please.
My wife swears by these two physiotherapists on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/c/BobBrad

They appear to be serious and know their stuff. A couple of filtered lists for you:

https://www.youtube.com/c/BobBrad/search?query=piriformis

https://www.youtube.com/c/BobBrad/search?query=sacrum

They have a website too (with products):

https://www.bobandbrad.com/
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #17329 on: September 13, 2022, 11:25:44 am »
I’ve had three dates with a woman after being set up by a mutual friend. Each date has gone fine, good laugh, conversation, a degree of mutual attraction, but please don’t think of this as me being big headed, she has openly told me she has fallen for me and that we ‘have a connection’. I was more happy to take things slower but that’s not the issue.

Not once on all three dates has this woman put her hand in her pocket. Now I’m a gentleman and don’t mind paying for most things, but it would be nice to offer surely? She only drinks Courvoisier or cocktails, so our first date I paid for the entire night, including getting an Uber home and dropping her off the complete opposite part of the city from my gaff.

Second date, same again, no offers of getting a round in. Third date we went to a posh gaff by our work and the bill for a few drinks come to £60. When the waitress dropped the bill off this woman looked at it and winced before putting it down! The next pub it was all on me again, even the cab home.

To be honest, I was starting to get a bit annoyed even after that, but tonight she was coming to ours and I was gonna cook for her, a few drinks, watch the game etc. I spoke to her before and said, ‘ahhh the only think I haven’t got is a bottle of your Courvoisier, would you mind picking one up?’
Honestly, the stunned silence on the other end of the phone and finally the ‘errrrrrr, okaaaaaaaaay’ was the last straw for me.

Is it a case of me being a mingebag (my favourite thread on here), or am I right to expect at least an offer? This woman has a really good job too so its not a cash flow issue.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17330 on: September 13, 2022, 11:53:24 am »
It can be awkward as a woman to offer to pay for something an a date. But if "equal contributions" would be important for hwr, I think she'd at least tried. Which sounds to me like you're seeing financial matters differently, which doesn't seem a great base for a relationship.

Also the way you write that, you don't seem to have fallen for her, so maybe just leave it there?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #17331 on: September 13, 2022, 11:57:58 am »
Fuck her off, the mingebag. I think the bloke inviting on the first date is fine and quite normal. If she hasn't put a single penny in after three dates I would be worried that she expects to never have to pay anything.
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17332 on: September 13, 2022, 12:19:30 pm »
It can be awkward as a woman to offer to pay for something an a date.

Thats true, but asking him to pick up a bottle of her drink is taking the piss.  This was her chance of paying him back subtlety and without fuss. She didnt.

Is it not a social norm to bring a bottle when going to someone's house for food?

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17333 on: September 13, 2022, 12:26:33 pm »
Thats true, but asking him to pick up a bottle of her drink is taking the piss.  This was her chance of paying him back subtlety and without fuss. She didnt.

Is it not a social norm to bring a bottle when going to someone's house for food?

How about, her saying, "Oh, what would you like to drink? I'll pick it up." I mean, you're trying to be nice to each other at this stage.

And yeah, I'd try to bring something, but more as a gift or to be shared wih the meal, not just my own drink!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 12:28:24 pm by redbyrdz »
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #17334 on: September 13, 2022, 12:35:03 pm »
Run for the hills, mate. Or run up the bills

Your choice  8)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17335 on: September 13, 2022, 12:44:12 pm »
How about, her saying, "Oh, what would you like to drink? I'll pick it up." I mean, you're trying to be nice to each other at this stage.

And yeah, I'd try to bring something, but more as a gift or to be shared wih the meal, not just my own drink!

Exactly, the fact shes asked him to buy what will essentially be her drink is pretty grim

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17336 on: September 13, 2022, 12:50:33 pm »
I'd fire her off mate I've no time for anyone who doesn't at least offer to pay their way.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #17337 on: September 13, 2022, 12:53:34 pm »
How old are you both?  Is it generational thing where women have been brought up that the man always pays?

Not going to get into the ins and outs of arguing this point - just making an observation.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17338 on: September 13, 2022, 01:14:34 pm »
My wife swears by these two physiotherapists on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/c/BobBrad

They appear to be serious and know their stuff. A couple of filtered lists for you:

https://www.youtube.com/c/BobBrad/search?query=piriformis

https://www.youtube.com/c/BobBrad/search?query=sacrum

They have a website too (with products):

https://www.bobandbrad.com/

Cheers mate I'll have a look later.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17339 on: September 13, 2022, 01:31:07 pm »

I think you misunderstood AlphaDelta's post:
To be honest, I was starting to get a bit annoyed even after that, but tonight she was coming to ours and I was gonna cook for her, a few drinks, watch the game etc. I spoke to her before and said, ‘ahhh the only think I haven’t got is a bottle of your Courvoisier, would you mind picking one up?’
Honestly, the stunned silence on the other end of the phone and finally the ‘errrrrrr, okaaaaaaaaay’ was the last straw for me.
Irrespective, all things being equal,* it is old fashioned, and presumptive to expect the man to pay.

* If there is a large and obvious wealth gap, I might take a different view.
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #17340 on: September 13, 2022, 01:34:10 pm »
I’ve had three dates with a woman after being set up by a mutual friend. Each date has gone fine, good laugh, conversation, a degree of mutual attraction, but please don’t think of this as me being big headed, she has openly told me she has fallen for me and that we ‘have a connection’. I was more happy to take things slower but that’s not the issue.

Not once on all three dates has this woman put her hand in her pocket. Now I’m a gentleman and don’t mind paying for most things, but it would be nice to offer surely? She only drinks Courvoisier or cocktails, so our first date I paid for the entire night, including getting an Uber home and dropping her off the complete opposite part of the city from my gaff.

Second date, same again, no offers of getting a round in. Third date we went to a posh gaff by our work and the bill for a few drinks come to £60. When the waitress dropped the bill off this woman looked at it and winced before putting it down! The next pub it was all on me again, even the cab home.

Is it a case of me being a mingebag (my favourite thread on here), or am I right to expect at least an offer? This woman has a really good job too so its not a cash flow issue.

Get out while you can. You are not a mingebag she, on the other hand, is a gold digger.

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #17341 on: September 13, 2022, 02:35:03 pm »

wow. just challenge her, if you like her that is. she's had a good run, lets see how much that "connection" is worth.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17342 on: September 13, 2022, 02:43:24 pm »
I think you misunderstood AlphaDelta's post:I

I think you might be right Jimmy. Thats twice today. Just like buses  ;)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17343 on: September 13, 2022, 02:44:28 pm »
The idea that men should foot the bill on a date needs fucked off. It's sexist as fuck and belongs in the dark ages. Pay your way or fuck off.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline sattapaartridge

• Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #17344 on: September 13, 2022, 03:18:04 pm »
Does anyone use a gratitude journal with their kids?

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #17345 on: September 13, 2022, 04:47:34 pm »
The idea that men should foot the bill on a date needs fucked off. It's sexist as fuck and belongs in the dark ages. Pay your way or fuck off.

Mingebag
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #17346 on: September 13, 2022, 06:47:50 pm »

;D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17347 on: September 13, 2022, 06:51:48 pm »
Does anyone use a gratitude journal with their kids?

And I thought the expression ‘play date’ was weird.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #17348 on: September 13, 2022, 07:17:49 pm »

Or "friend group..."
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17349 on: September 13, 2022, 07:20:10 pm »
Or "friend group..."

Oh God, it gets worse. The mutilation of the English language.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #17350 on: September 13, 2022, 07:24:15 pm »
Not been single for some time but it always used to grate me big style when a lady never would offer to at least pay for themselves. If I’d invited them on the date and specifically said ‘my treat’ or words to that effect I wouldn’t be bothered, but I used to take it as a mark against their character if after a few meetings they’d not offered once to pay for anything.

Regardless of gender both parties should want to contribute and I used to appreciate it early days of dating when I’d pay for a meal and my partner wouldn’t be comfortable with it unless she could pay for the next one. And she would always do so.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17351 on: September 13, 2022, 11:25:46 pm »
Twice today that you misunderstood something? Or twice today that I am right? Surely not the second one! ;D

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #17352 on: September 14, 2022, 07:56:28 am »
Not been single for some time but it always used to grate me big style when a lady never would offer to at least pay for themselves. If I’d invited them on the date and specifically said ‘my treat’ or words to that effect I wouldn’t be bothered, but I used to take it as a mark against their character if after a few meetings they’d not offered once to pay for anything.

Regardless of gender both parties should want to contribute and I used to appreciate it early days of dating when I’d pay for a meal and my partner wouldn’t be comfortable with it unless she could pay for the next one. And she would always do so.

tight bastard - remind never to go on a date with you - even if i was gay/straight/non binary/left-handed/bi/tri/pugh/pugh/barney-mcgrew/cuthbert/dibble/grubb  :wave
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17353 on: September 14, 2022, 02:52:43 pm »
If you ask somebody out then you pay for the date,the trick is to always get them to ask you out (means you're fucked Barney ;D )
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #17354 on: September 14, 2022, 04:37:18 pm »
tight bastard - remind never to go on a date with you - even if i was gay/straight/non binary/left-handed/bi/tri/pugh/pugh/barney-mcgrew/cuthbert/dibble/grubb  :wave
Ignore the private message I sent you a few days before then  ;)
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #17355 on: September 15, 2022, 02:06:28 am »
Apple (or other) watches

I’ve been turned off by electronic watches as I like having a real watch and I like having one less thing I don’t have to charge. Starting to wonder if there is a benefit to having one. Unless you are a fitness type person I’m not sure I see the benefit.

For those RAWKites that have them what do you like about them ?

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17356 on: September 15, 2022, 09:13:44 am »
Apple (or other) watches

I’ve been turned off by electronic watches as I like having a real watch and I like having one less thing I don’t have to charge. Starting to wonder if there is a benefit to having one. Unless you are a fitness type person I’m not sure I see the benefit.

For those RAWKites that have them what do you like about them ?

I hadn't worn a watch for decades till I got mine so it was weird having one again.

I don't use it for messages or phone calls though I probably should for when I'm driving so I can check if I can ignore it.

What it has shown me though is things like my sleep pattern, resting heart rate and stress levels are a hell of a lot better than I thought they were.

I'm not a fitness fanatic but I do use the app to map walks especially if it's a new place we've visited.

I wouldn't gush about everyone should get one or omg I can't live without it but I'd probably replace it when it stops working.

Oh yeah it's handy at night if you need the loo and don't want to put the light on.  They make great torches 👍

Offline sattapaartridge

• Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #17357 on: September 15, 2022, 10:30:10 am »

yeah, come to think of it, it does sound weird. my youngest has been acting out, and being sad a lot of the time, he's 7, and the school have called us to ask whats wrong, we're divorcing, so its obviously having a bad effect on him. so we've been advised to start a gratitude journal. just more and more shit to do!

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #17358 on: September 15, 2022, 06:30:39 pm »
2 questions:

1) Do you think there's a British nuclear submarine that hasn't surfaced yet and still thinks the Queen is alive?

2) Do other countries have that facial expression where you purse your lips and raise your eyebrows to mean anything from "Sorry mate" to "Just one of them isn't it lad?" to "Wish they'd stop talking?"
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17359 on: September 15, 2022, 06:52:40 pm »
2 questions:

1) Do you think there's a British nuclear submarine that hasn't surfaced yet and still thinks the Queen is alive?

2) Do other countries have that facial expression where you purse your lips and raise your eyebrows to mean anything from "Sorry mate" to "Just one of them isn't it lad?" to "Wish they'd stop talking?"

I can answer question 1 as my niece's husband is a submariner.

He's only recently left on a 6mth tour but would have been part of the funeral party pulling the coffin on Monday had he been ashore so he'll be gutted at that.

They will have had a signal sent to the ship to inform them of her death and will be observing state mourning protocols where and when possible.