Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1047259 times)

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #17280 on: August 20, 2022, 12:47:55 pm »
Quite the tale, Debs...

FFS predictive fucking text 😂

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #17281 on: August 20, 2022, 12:49:57 pm »

Needless to say I was historical and never went on another again.
I wouldn't put it past you ;)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #17282 on: August 20, 2022, 12:51:34 pm »
Needless to say I was histerical and never went on another again.
I see the typo is now hystory ;)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17283 on: August 20, 2022, 01:20:01 pm »
I see the typo is now hystory ;)

But forever enshrined in quotes 👍

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #17284 on: August 20, 2022, 05:58:06 pm »
But forever enshrined in quotes 👍

;D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #17285 on: August 22, 2022, 11:23:59 am »
"I am Sicilian, but only in title not in origin, i am old but i am young, who am i?"

Anyone got a clue what the answer to this riddle is?

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17286 on: August 22, 2022, 01:31:58 pm »
"I am Sicilian, but only in title not in origin, i am old but i am young, who am i?"

dunno but the Transfer thread crowd will be arguing about signing him any minute now.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #17287 on: August 22, 2022, 01:40:08 pm »
dunno but the Transfer thread crowd will be arguing about signing him any minute now.

;D ;D

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #17288 on: August 22, 2022, 01:56:33 pm »

Have you been consorting with the Sphinx?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #17289 on: August 22, 2022, 01:59:39 pm »
Have you been consorting with the Sphinx?

Or perhaps the Godfather...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #17290 on: August 23, 2022, 03:58:58 am »
Anybody been on holiday in Spain in October? Planning a trip there for the entire month with the missus, mostly around the centre and south. Originally, we were supposed to go in September but I couldn't arrange things at work. So how is it in terms of climate, prices, etc?

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17291 on: August 23, 2022, 09:26:28 am »
Missus and I have been trying to use our off-peak overnight electricity tariff as much as possible. We get cheap (7.5p p/kwh) rates between 11:30pm and 5:30am.

One thing we've been trying is putting the clothes washing on a timer so it finishes as close to 5:30am as possible then we put them out on the line when we're up and starting work at about 9am.

We've noticed that the clothes can smell a bit damp and musty when they come out of the washer. Some of them can have the smell 'air dried' out of them but on the thicker items, it lingers until the next wash.

Any solution for sticking with this overnight washing plan and avoiding the smell?

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17292 on: August 23, 2022, 09:35:49 am »
Missus and I have been trying to use our off-peak overnight electricity tariff as much as possible. We get cheap (7.5p p/kwh) rates between 11:30pm and 5:30am.

One thing we've been trying is putting the clothes washing on a timer so it finishes as close to 5:30am as possible then we put them out on the line when we're up and starting work at about 9am.

We've noticed that the clothes can smell a bit damp and musty when they come out of the washer. Some of them can have the smell 'air dried' out of them but on the thicker items, it lingers until the next wash.

Any solution for sticking with this overnight washing plan and avoiding the smell?

It shouldn't smell when you take them out straight after the wash.
But, it might be your washer is a bit dirty - think there are some anti-bacterial cleaning soaps you can use to run a cleaning cycle.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 09:37:42 am by redbyrdz »
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17293 on: August 23, 2022, 10:14:33 am »

It's a bit of a catch 22 really but washing at low temps or on a quick wash trying to be more environmentally friendly and energy efficient means the bacteria build up in the machine.

I think calgon do a cleaner to run on a cycle which kind of defeats the object.

I find things like damp or wet towels going in the machine will make it worse.  As a hairdresser there's nothing worse than the smell of wet towels and it's difficult to get rid of on an efficient wash.

Maybe wash the heavier items separately and as daft as it sounds allow the towels to dry before putting them in, rather than throwing them in the wash basket or machine straight after using them to sit smelling all day.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17294 on: August 24, 2022, 10:03:43 am »
Cheers all.

The machine is only a year old and is only used for two washes a week on average. Seems that running it at 30 degrees (or even 20 degrees at times) might be what's contributed to the issue.

Was looking online and I'll do an empty hot wash (overnight ;)) with a cup of white vinegar in it to give it a blitz then will try again.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #17295 on: August 24, 2022, 10:58:18 am »
Yeh leaving the door ajar to stop the build up of bacteria (as said), cleaning the filters, not using too much detergent, not always running on low temperatures, forgetting to clean the machine (they usually have a programme that you run every once in a while with an empty load) all will help
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17296 on: August 24, 2022, 12:02:20 pm »
Cheers all.

The machine is only a year old and is only used for two washes a week on average. Seems that running it at 30 degrees (or even 20 degrees at times) might be what's contributed to the issue.

Was looking online and I'll do an empty hot wash (overnight ;)) with a cup of white vinegar in it to give it a blitz then will try again.

This stuff is pretty good as well

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=dr+beckmann+washing+machine+cleaner&adgrpid=54826711802&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqJuj_qnf-QIVDeztCh0c0wwSEAAYAiAAEgJocPD_BwE&hvadid=259108327408&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=1006715&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=13537058534782162055&hvtargid=kwd-325847740684&hydadcr=28212_1843143&tag=googhydr-21&ref=pd_sl_80q3prmfs4_e

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #17297 on: August 25, 2022, 07:48:22 pm »
Anyone know how I can get a business email address (where I can pick the name) as cheaply as possible? Just need something akin to outlook or gmail but with a legitimate business email. I have a company number and company phone number as well as a domain/url, just need an email address.

I looked at GoDaddy and Ionos, would potentially use them but they’re both very unclear about what you’re actually getting for your money before you give them it. Help would be appreciated.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #17298 on: August 25, 2022, 08:04:45 pm »
Where did you register the domain?

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #17299 on: August 25, 2022, 08:15:28 pm »

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17300 on: August 25, 2022, 08:34:00 pm »
drinks.sangria@mingebag.co.uk
;D  hahaha

I might also be interested in the informative answer though.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17301 on: August 25, 2022, 08:37:53 pm »
Anyone know how I can get a business email address (where I can pick the name) as cheaply as possible? Just need something akin to outlook or gmail but with a legitimate business email. I have a company number and company phone number as well as a domain/url, just need an email address.

I looked at GoDaddy and Ionos, would potentially use them but they’re both very unclear about what you’re actually getting for your money before you give them it. Help would be appreciated.

https://tutanota.com/secure-business-email/

(ignore me,you still have to get your own domain)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 08:40:15 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17302 on: August 25, 2022, 09:57:20 pm »
Where did you register the domain?
Via Google’s own service.

drinks.sangria@mingebag.co.uk
I said business email Nick, not private. Thinking of starting a mingebag-related podcast.

https://tutanota.com/secure-business-email/

(ignore me,you still have to get your own domain)
Cheers mate I’ll have a look.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17303 on: August 25, 2022, 09:58:13 pm »
Thinking of starting a mingebag-related podcast.

Can't wait to find out what the Patreon perks are.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #17304 on: August 25, 2022, 09:58:15 pm »
Via Google’s own service.

You can create an email address from within there can't you?

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17305 on: August 25, 2022, 09:59:29 pm »
Personally I'd probably go with Office 365 for all the other features you can bundle in if needed but almost certainly not the cheapest.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #17306 on: August 25, 2022, 10:01:38 pm »
You can create an email address from within there can't you?

Yeah you can... https://domains.google/intl/en_uk/get-started/email/

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17307 on: August 25, 2022, 10:27:02 pm »

I said business email Nick, not private. Thinking of starting a mingebag-related podcast.

Oh, Nick could still be helpful with that project DS mate.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17308 on: August 27, 2022, 06:55:12 pm »
Yeah you can... https://domains.google/intl/en_uk/get-started/email/
Further to the above, simple instructions are described here for setting up your business email through Google:

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/business/how-to-create-business-email/
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17309 on: August 28, 2022, 09:45:57 pm »
Thanks for the help, did it via Google.

Help needed again. I can’t access RAWK via wifi on any device in my home. I’ve flushed the DNS cache and manually reassigned this, still not working. Going back to the automatic setting hasn’t worked either. On 4G at the moment which is patchy at best in my area.

Phone is fully updated and the DNS is working on all other domains I’ve tried.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17310 on: August 28, 2022, 11:27:25 pm »
Mmm. Last year on this day, the rawk domain name expired...

Maybe ask in the feedback forum?
Edit: if you read the rawk running slowly thread in feedback, seems you're not alone. It has been sorted though, so think you just need to wait until your ISP updates.

Also once when something similar happened, someone suggested to set the DNS server to I think Google's, which might be 2.2.2.2 8.8.8.8 That's from memory from a while ago, so might be wrong!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 11:36:24 pm by redbyrdz »
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17311 on: August 28, 2022, 11:30:09 pm »
Mmm. Last year on this day, the rawk domain name expired...

Maybe ask in the feedback forum?

Also once when something similar happened, someone suggested to set the DNS server to I think Google's, which might be 2.2.2.2 That's from memory from a while ago, so might be wrong!

Googles DNS is 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4,

Cloudflare is 1.1.1.1

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17312 on: August 28, 2022, 11:35:39 pm »
Googles DNS is 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4,

Cloudflare is 1.1.1.1

Ta, just checked and was going to edit, hah!

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17313 on: August 29, 2022, 07:39:15 am »
Ta, just checked and was going to edit, hah!
Cheers mate, all fixed now. I did wonder if it was my ISP who needed to make the change as they’ll typically run the DNS services.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17314 on: September 5, 2022, 11:25:00 am »
Ive just had a parking fine of £85 'or £50 if I pay within 14 days. 

The company is called Parkingeye.  My offence was to stay 3 minutes over my allotted time (3 hours) in a retail car park.

The appeals state needing to show receipts from the shops in the park.  When we got back to the car there was no  ticket issued so I didnt think of keeping receipts.

The offence was on 11th August and the letter arrived today.   Is this enforceable ? 
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17315 on: September 5, 2022, 11:37:39 am »

The company is called Parkingeye.  My offence was to stay 3 minutes over my allotted time (3 hours) in a retail car park.

The appeals state needing to show receipts from the shops in the park.  When we got back to the car there was no  ticket issued so I didnt think of keeping receipts.

The offence was on 11th August and the letter arrived today.   Is this enforceable ?

If you used credit/debit cards when you were shopping you should be able to get the transactions from you account as proof.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17316 on: September 5, 2022, 03:51:18 pm »

If they're a private company just bin it and any subsequent letter they send you.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #17317 on: September 5, 2022, 05:14:28 pm »

as barney says you could bin it but these companies do take a small amount of unpaid fines to court so it's your call

i had a parking fine issued to me at a hotel i was visiting - they take your reg as you drive in and out - and it became quite a nasty affair actually as a debt collecting company had taken over the unpaid fine and that led to the usual threats from those knuckle draggers

i finally got proof from the hotel that i was to be treated as a visiting guest of the hotel (so different from your circumstances) and so the fine wasn't enforceable

this didn't stop the debt collection agency from issuing more threats until they finally accepted an email from the hotel manager himself - but i had been through weeks of horrible shit so it can be stressful

as Barry says though - your credit card company will have proof of times or the fact that you were shopping and not using it just for parking if that's the case

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #17318 on: September 5, 2022, 05:18:20 pm »
as barney says you could bin it but these companies do take a small amount of unpaid fines to court so it's your call

Parkingeye 100% do take some to court, as they did it with my GF but used all her old address details (we'd moved) so she never found out until she applied for something and found she had 2 CCJs from them.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #17319 on: September 5, 2022, 08:11:52 pm »

£50 for 3 minutes!?
You could have been stuck in a tailback trying to get out of the car park for all they know.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.