Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1045444 times)

Offline Jaska

• Hävytön mulkku - cheek shagger
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #17200 on: July 24, 2022, 03:34:02 pm »
IT Crowd
I've watched a couple of episodes and I'm not a fan even though I work in the IT sector.

The Young Ones and Bottom. Should find them on you tubr
Thanks mate, I will check these out.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #17201 on: July 24, 2022, 09:29:01 pm »
I've watched a couple of episodes and I'm not a fan even though I work in the IT sector.

You need to give it longer.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17202 on: July 25, 2022, 07:56:34 am »
Thanks mate, I will check these out.

you should add The New Statesman to the list. Mayells best work IMO.

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #17203 on: July 25, 2022, 12:01:04 pm »
Anyone recommend a good Radio Show

I have been listening to Scott Mills on demand for years and just have it on during the day when working. I like the chit chat and like the music selections. Most of the presenters I've liked at R1 in the past years have all left and Scott was the last I cared for. I want to keep up with current popular music and am pretty sure I won't be happy with the R2 music list

Any recommendations of either Radio 1 people or other on demand shows that will be something similar to Scott.

Cheers.

Dean McCullough and Vicky Hawkesworth taking over the show. He is sort of funny in his own way, but she is one of the most juvenile presenters I have ever heard.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #17204 on: July 25, 2022, 12:32:27 pm »
Fine folks on RAWK, please help me out. I loved Peep Show, The Office, Coupling, Phoenix Nights, After Life, Fleabag. What should I watch next? Thank you.

Curb Your Enthusiasm, it'll change your life
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #17205 on: July 25, 2022, 12:50:11 pm »
Curb Your Enthusiasm, it'll change your life

First few series of Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17206 on: July 25, 2022, 12:53:04 pm »
I get the impression he was looking for British comedy.  Its the only thing that links the shows
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17207 on: July 25, 2022, 12:54:32 pm »
I get the impression he was looking for British comedy.  Its the only thing that links the shows

Possibly, but whatever was actually mean, Curb is always the correct answer.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #17208 on: July 25, 2022, 01:35:40 pm »

The epitome of refinemen
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17209 on: July 25, 2022, 03:42:03 pm »
I have ordered a new electric oven and gas hob for my tenant but the installers said it needs its own circuit/red switch before it can be installed. Is getting one of those or getting one installed a big and expensive job?

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17210 on: July 25, 2022, 04:07:46 pm »
I have ordered a new electric oven and gas hob for my tenant but the installers said it needs its own circuit/red switch before it can be installed. Is getting one of those or getting one installed a big and expensive job?

Depends where the oven is with reference to the board.

It needs to be fitted as follows (directly, not joining another ring on the way) ...

Oven -> Isolation Switch -> Board

If your board is miles away from your cooker, they'll need to either run the cabling under floorboards or drill through the walls somehow - increasing the cost of the job

I got mine done a while back - think it was about £120ish. It was a bit of a bastard as they had to go through a wall and under some floorboards.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 02:00:13 pm by .adam »

Offline Jaska

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17211 on: July 25, 2022, 08:51:06 pm »
I've watched several seasons and like it a lot. 👍

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #17212 on: July 25, 2022, 10:55:55 pm »

Basically the oven needs to be on its own circuit. That means running a wire from your electrical panel board to the oven. This is easy to do when the house is being built as you can run all the wires in the walls. Now that the house is built, that is a lot more difficult. I would recommend a qualified electrician as getting this right is important.

Cost is hard to know given the variables as previously stated. How long will the wire need to be and how much of a pain in the arse is it to run the wire from A to B. Some local sparky should be able to do it easily.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17213 on: July 25, 2022, 11:42:33 pm »
Thanks for the replies.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17214 on: July 25, 2022, 11:52:56 pm »
Be much cheaper to do if you run the wire yourself and pay trade price just to hook it up.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #17215 on: July 25, 2022, 11:55:45 pm »
I could do it for you fifty quid all in. Er...none of your tenants are tall are they?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Jaska

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17216 on: July 26, 2022, 09:15:30 am »
You need to give it longer.
Potentially, yes, but for me the problem with IT Crowd and Bottom is that they're too goofy (for lack of a better word), too over the top. For some reason, I have no issues with Only The Fools and Horses or The Office (UK+US), Friends, Coupling etc even though they're not that realistic either. Lately, the style of Horace and Pete and After Life has worked for me for some reason. I'm gonna try It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17217 on: July 26, 2022, 10:13:44 am »
Anyone recommend a good Radio Show

I have been listening to Scott Mills on demand for years and just have it on during the day when working. I like the chit chat and like the music selections. Most of the presenters I've liked at R1 in the past years have all left and Scott was the last I cared for. I want to keep up with current popular music and am pretty sure I won't be happy with the R2 music list

Any recommendations of either Radio 1 people or other on demand shows that will be something similar to Scott.

Cheers.
LBC 10am - 1pm with James Obrian is great.

BBC Radio 6 is also top.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17218 on: July 26, 2022, 10:20:11 am »
Potentially, yes, but for me the problem with IT Crowd and Bottom is that they're too goofy (for lack of a better word), too over the top. For some reason, I have no issues with Only The Fools and Horses or The Office (UK+US), Friends, Coupling etc even though they're not that realistic either. Lately, the style of Horace and Pete and After Life has worked for me for some reason. I'm gonna try It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Have you tried Community? 110 episodes, it took me a little while to get into it but then I loved it, also you get 110 episodes of Alison Brie.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17219 on: July 26, 2022, 11:15:02 am »

Depends what exactly you're after, but what about ...

Modern Family
Seinfeld
Parks and Recreation
30 Rock
Arrested Development
Scrubs
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17220 on: July 26, 2022, 07:49:19 pm »

The gang goes to a water park  :thumbup

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #17221 on: July 26, 2022, 08:03:38 pm »
No one recommended The Thick Of It?
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17222 on: July 26, 2022, 10:06:06 pm »
No one recommended The Thick Of It?

or Blackadder

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17223 on: July 26, 2022, 10:12:08 pm »
or Blackadder

I always assume that the whole world has watched Blackadder.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17224 on: July 26, 2022, 10:17:03 pm »

I always assume that the whole world has watched Blackadder.
incorrect assumption.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #17225 on: July 27, 2022, 10:52:53 am »
Always Sunny becomes a drastically different show between season 2-3 and for the better. It was decent before, but still finding it's stride, so I'd advise sticking with it through the first two seasons even if you're a bit unsure.

The golden age of Always Sunny is Seasons 3 - 9, which is a tremendous run where almost every episode is excellent. After that, they're still generally decent with the odd great episode but a lot of flat ones. Season 14 was better than anything for a while.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17226 on: July 28, 2022, 05:04:22 pm »
Always Sunny becomes a drastically different show between season 2-3 and for the better. It was decent before, but still finding it's stride, so I'd advise sticking with it through the first two seasons even if you're a bit unsure.

The golden age of Always Sunny is Seasons 3 - 9, which is a tremendous run where almost every episode is excellent. After that, they're still generally decent with the odd great episode but a lot of flat ones. Season 14 was better than anything for a while.
As a massive IASIP fan, I second this.

First season has it's moment, but really takes finds its stride when Danny Devito gets involved. Great show!

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #17227 on: July 28, 2022, 08:20:22 pm »
Comedies to watch?

Garth Marenghi’s Darkplace
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17228 on: July 28, 2022, 10:02:35 pm »

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #17229 on: July 28, 2022, 10:10:58 pm »
Garth Marenghi’s Darkplace

I'll get a mop...
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17230 on: July 30, 2022, 09:51:21 pm »
When putting a car up for sale on social media or whatever, I see people that hide their number plate.
This is visible to hundreds if not thousands of people every single day.

Why cover it when you're selling it?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17231 on: July 30, 2022, 09:54:42 pm »
When putting a car up for sale on social media or whatever, I see people that hide their number plate.
This is visible to hundreds if not thousands of people every single day.

Why cover it when you're selling it?

Maybe they don't want you to do an MOT check?

???
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17232 on: July 30, 2022, 09:56:20 pm »
Maybe they don't want you to do an MOT check?

???

They dont take the plate off if you're going to see the car though. Makes no sense at all
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #17233 on: July 30, 2022, 09:58:50 pm »
It is bizarre. I swear people think if you put the reg in it’ll tell you where the owner lives and who they bank with.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #17234 on: July 31, 2022, 09:02:21 am »
I think it’s a genuine attempt often to block the MOT history and hope that if someone comes, they love the car and talk themselves into it.

I went and saw a car several months ago when I was looking where they’d blocked the plates out. Had no reservations of checking the MOT history whilst I was there and what do you know, it was awful. Loads of problems. It was quite car though with an immaculate high-end interior and I think they were hoping to get people there and blind them with the car’s luxury so that they’d not check or ignore the history.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #17235 on: August 3, 2022, 01:13:25 pm »
Is that Troy Hawke guy from Liverpool?

What is his connection to Jan Molby?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #17236 on: August 3, 2022, 01:20:18 pm »
Is that Troy Hawke guy from Liverpool?

What is his connection to Jan Molby?

He’s from Kingston in Surrey but went to uni in Liverpool I think, hence a load of sometimes fairly niche Liverpool references.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17237 on: August 3, 2022, 04:43:48 pm »
Bit of an odd one this, please bear with me.

Bought a new build property about 18 months ago. There is an older gentleman lives alone in the property opposite me, probably mid 60’s and keeps himself to himself. Doesn’t go out much and gets no visitors. Nothing wrong with any of that. What did strike mean as odd though, he was visited on 2 occasions a couple of months back by what I can be almost certain were plain clothed police officers. If anybody wants me to go into detail about how I can be sure I’m happy to, but for arguments sake let’s say I’m correct.

It was at this point that I started to wonder why this was. If he’s been a victim of a burglary etc then it would have been uniformed officers that visited. I want to be clear that I’m not accusing the guy of anything whatsoever, my intention really is to rule him out of anything dodgy not to accuse him of it. Out of interest, I did a land registry search on his house, I was just looking for a name so I could allay my concerns, but that shed no light on the matter because the house is owned not by a person but by the Liverpool Roman Catholic Archdiocesan Trust. As far as I’ve seen in 18 months this chap doesn’t attend Church on a Sunday or any other day for that matter.

Am I being too suspicious and should just leave the guy alone? I’m by no means a curtain twitcher but I’d just be more comfortable knowing who I’m living opposite but I can’t even find a name :D

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17238 on: August 3, 2022, 05:38:00 pm »
seems to me you have way too much time on your hands.

if he's a senior guy and keeps himself to himself ... what are you concerned about?

the cops may be visiting him for a hundred reasons, none of which = he's a bad guy.

or ... he is a bad guy.  what would you do if you found out he was?

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17239 on: August 3, 2022, 05:49:00 pm »
As a single male who lives on my own, and largely keeps myself to myself, I'd hate to think the neighbours across the street are trying to find out my name because they are suspicious. There are loads of reasons the police could have visited.