Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1040764 times)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #17160 on: June 25, 2022, 09:04:10 am »

If its a petrol engine, it's deadly 😂

Diesel is very hard to get to burn, so if you are just filling it up via the tank while it's running its not going to burst into flames.

I can get my car going, but when I switch it off it won't restart without a jump. I may need to go out today and I've very little diesel, so I need to get it filled as I can't switch it off at the pump or it won't restart  :D

I'll maybe borrow a few jerry cans just to be safe
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17161 on: June 25, 2022, 09:45:11 am »
I can get my car going, but when I switch it off it won't restart without a jump. I may need to go out today and I've very little diesel, so I need to get it filled as I can't switch it off at the pump or it won't restart  :D

Sounds like your battery is knackered then.

While it's OK to do, the garage won't like it and I doubt they'll let you leave it running, so best get someone to run you down and get some diesel before you set off.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17162 on: June 25, 2022, 12:58:40 pm »

Just go and do it mate, it will be absolutely fine.
Ignore anyone that says anything :) not that anyone will be really arsed.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17163 on: June 25, 2022, 01:14:05 pm »
Just go and do it mate, it will be absolutely fine.
Ignore anyone that says anything :) not that anyone will be really arsed.

Exactly the advice I was waiting on. Nice one John  :D

Replaced the battery and all good now. Struck lucky and got MOT appointment for this afternoon. Everywhere was showing November as the earliest but a wee bit of F5ing done the trick.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #17164 on: June 25, 2022, 02:46:10 pm »
On the subject of diesel, are those diesel engine cleaners, injector cleaners etc like Redex and STP, worth using? Do they make a difference?

And the STP bottle says that one whole bottle's worth should be added to a full tank of diesel. Problem is that at current prices I literally cannot afford to buy a full tank of fuel. Can I add a whole bottle STP to a quarter full tank without causing any issues?

I don't have much experience with diesel!
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #17165 on: June 25, 2022, 02:57:09 pm »
I implore you good, wise and knowledgeable folk of RAWK to help me figure out how to fill in a form online. I've just spent the last hour tearing my hair out trying to fill in my name and address (4 bloody lines of a 40 page application form!) and I'm about to cry.  :(

There's an "Add Text" button that won't turn from blue to black and when I hover over the blank square sometimes the letter will land in the middle and sometimes it looks like I just closed my eyes and threw it like a dart. It's so slow and painstaking. Alternatively there's a "Draw" option that makes it look like it was written by a drunk monkey.  :butt

I used to be able to fill out these stupid things online but I can't figure this one out. Perhaps I had Adobe or similar in the past but I don't have that anymore and I don't really want to have to buy it just to fill out this poxy thing. The form is downloaded and opens in Microsoft Edge as Google is being a pain in the hoop for me lately. I was told that filling it out online is quicker than paper copy but obviously that person has never actually tried this themselves.

Can anyone here help or advise me on what to do? I might be better off just sending it by post as there'll be lots of documents and statements and the like to accompany it? I might just keep the little bit of hair that's left on my head!
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #17166 on: June 25, 2022, 03:01:01 pm »
Edge? good lord

maybe try Firefox that's my go to

Sounds like a scripting problem, so my guess it is indeed the browser. Firefox!!

But that form sounds MASSIVE. If it's the kind of thing you can't make mistakes on (which is all forms basically) take the option that causes you the least hassle. Paper is underrated

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17167 on: June 26, 2022, 01:26:43 pm »
On the subject of diesel, are those diesel engine cleaners, injector cleaners etc like Redex and STP, worth using? Do they make a difference?

And the STP bottle says that one whole bottle's worth should be added to a full tank of diesel. Problem is that at current prices I literally cannot afford to buy a full tank of fuel. Can I add a whole bottle STP to a quarter full tank without causing any issues?

I don't have much experience with diesel!

Yes they do work. I had some issues when I got mine with it running a bit rough, full bottle of cleaner in a tank and it deffo improved it. If you've only got 1/4 of a tank of fuel, I'd personally only add 1/4 bottle of the treatment, it's at the same ratio as they expect then.

After cleaning it, I was told to give the car the good old "Italian tune-up" now and again. To di this, you basically get the engine warm, then take it onto a dual carriageway, bang it to the redline in each gear and then and hold it in a lower gear than top so that the car is running at higher revs but not redlining and run it like that for about 5 minutes, that'll help clear the shit out.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #17168 on: June 26, 2022, 02:24:56 pm »
Yes they do work. I had some issues when I got mine with it running a bit rough, full bottle of cleaner in a tank and it deffo improved it. If you've only got 1/4 of a tank of fuel, I'd personally only add 1/4 bottle of the treatment, it's at the same ratio as they expect then.

After cleaning it, I was told to give the car the good old "Italian tune-up" now and again. To di this, you basically get the engine warm, then take it onto a dual carriageway, bang it to the redline in each gear and then and hold it in a lower gear than top so that the car is running at higher revs but not redlining and run it like that for about 5 minutes, that'll help clear the shit out.

Thanks Rob, knew I could count on you for anything to do with cogs and pistons :thumbup

Now to delicately pour only a quarter bottle of STP in the tank. It's a weird shaped bottle as well, so not easy to judge. They don't make it easy!
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17169 on: June 26, 2022, 04:52:31 pm »
Thanks Rob, knew I could count on you for anything to do with cogs and pistons :thumbup

Now to delicately pour only a quarter bottle of STP in the tank. It's a weird shaped bottle as well, so not easy to judge. They don't make it easy!

Syringe or use the Mrs gravy jug
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #17170 on: July 9, 2022, 09:26:10 pm »
Is there a popular site that people can post on when they've lost cash?

Found £30 earlier but didn't have time to stand around waiting for it's owner, and it was in the middle of the street so I couldn't leave a note.

Hate to think that I might have pilfered it off someone who really needs it and turned up straight after I left.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17171 on: July 9, 2022, 09:28:34 pm »
Is there a popular site that people can post on when they've lost cash?

Found £30 earlier but didn't have time to stand around waiting for it's owner, and it was in the middle of the street so I couldn't leave a note.

Hate to think that I might have pilfered it off someone who really needs it and turned up straight after I left.

Have you got a local FB group? I got a bank card back after my sister in law saw it posted on the local FB page.

Offline rowan_d

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #17172 on: July 9, 2022, 09:39:37 pm »
Have you got a local FB group? I got a bank card back after my sister in law saw it posted on the local FB page.
Cheers

Gone to Maidenhead's one through my brother's account, is there any way to sort posts by most recent instead of most relevant?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17173 on: July 9, 2022, 09:43:33 pm »
Cheers

Gone to Maidenhead's one through my brother's account, is there any way to sort posts by most recent instead of most relevant?

There should be 3 options, Most Relevant, Newest and All, just select newest

Offline rowan_d

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #17174 on: July 9, 2022, 09:49:09 pm »
Had to join the group to do it, sorted now

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #17175 on: July 10, 2022, 12:23:56 am »
Darndest thing, I was walking through Maidenhead earlier and I'm sure I dropped some money...

Offline El_Frank

• Main Stander
  • Doubters into believers
« Reply #17176 on: July 10, 2022, 09:54:10 pm »
Nobody is going to be able to prove they lost the money so either keep it, or if you feel guilty keeping it, donate it to a charity/cause.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17177 on: July 12, 2022, 10:24:52 pm »
Need a doorstop. Pretty heavy for living room door. Most I've tried are fairly lightweight and door closes. Any ideas?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #17178 on: July 12, 2022, 10:48:10 pm »
Need a doorstop. Pretty heavy for living room door. Most I've tried are fairly lightweight and door closes. Any ideas?

Harry Maguire would do in a pinch...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #17179 on: July 12, 2022, 11:44:22 pm »
He'll claim an Albanian injected him

Online S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #17180 on: July 12, 2022, 11:54:39 pm »
What film(s) would you recommend showing to a Year 6 class? Preferably something available on Netflix.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #17181 on: July 13, 2022, 12:11:33 am »
What film(s) would you recommend showing to a Year 6 class? Preferably something available on Netflix.
Word of advice: don't show them anything that Effes recommends...

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #17182 on: July 13, 2022, 12:51:11 am »
Word of advice: don't show them anything that Effes recommends...

No Kes, then...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17183 on: July 13, 2022, 01:38:51 am »
There are a lot of great family-friendly Japanese anime films, Porco Rosso, Spirited Away and Your Name for starters. Or was there a particular vibe or direction you were after?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17184 on: July 13, 2022, 08:05:51 am »
I see.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17185 on: July 13, 2022, 08:30:53 am »

Rubber wedge?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #17186 on: July 16, 2022, 09:43:57 am »
Anyone with industry knowledge/ has had something similar done recently to help with a query?

We currently have a long, narrow drive where the cars go one by one so block each other in. We have a front lawn we’d like removed, the current drive and lawn area levelling and the whole thing resurfacing with tarmac and edging stones. There is a service strip on the driveway and I reckon the space is 25m squared.

Any idea on cost?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #17187 on: July 16, 2022, 08:13:05 pm »
Anyone with industry knowledge/ has had something similar done recently to help with a query?

We currently have a long, narrow drive where the cars go one by one so block each other in. We have a front lawn we’d like removed, the current drive and lawn area levelling and the whole thing resurfacing with tarmac and edging stones. There is a service strip on the driveway and I reckon the space is 25m squared.

Any idea on cost?
Can't help with cost but I know that planning is required if you are replacing a permeable surface with an impermeable one (more than 5m2):
https://www.planningportal.co.uk/permission/common-projects/paving-your-front-garden/planning-permission

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #17188 on: July 19, 2022, 10:21:08 pm »
Do other countries use those tins of meat you open with the little key or just the UK?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17189 on: July 19, 2022, 10:33:40 pm »
Do other countries use those tins of meat you open with the little key or just the UK?
we have them in Canada. 

not common, mostly on sardines and corned beef cans, although a little while ago I bought some cans of Campbells soup that have them.

edit: the soup had pop-off tops, not the little keys.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17190 on: July 19, 2022, 10:53:22 pm »

Any idea on cost?

You should have a look at them driveway grids,they can take the weight of a car easy enough.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #17191 on: July 20, 2022, 03:04:19 pm »
Anyone recommend a good Radio Show

I have been listening to Scott Mills on demand for years and just have it on during the day when working. I like the chit chat and like the music selections. Most of the presenters I've liked at R1 in the past years have all left and Scott was the last I cared for. I want to keep up with current popular music and am pretty sure I won't be happy with the R2 music list

Any recommendations of either Radio 1 people or other on demand shows that will be something similar to Scott.

Cheers.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #17192 on: July 20, 2022, 03:10:15 pm »
I've always found Greg James pretty decent.

This Chris Stark is joining Roman Kemp on Capital, can't stand Kemp personally though.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #17193 on: July 20, 2022, 03:31:57 pm »
I've always found Greg James pretty decent.

This Chris Stark is joining Roman Kemp on Capital, can't stand Kemp personally though.

I like Stark also, but if he's joining an idiot until he finally gets his own show then that is a shame.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17194 on: July 20, 2022, 04:38:57 pm »
Anyone recommend a good Radio Show

I have been listening to Scott Mills on demand for years and just have it on during the day when working. I like the chit chat and like the music selections. Most of the presenters I've liked at R1 in the past years have all left and Scott was the last I cared for. I want to keep up with current popular music and am pretty sure I won't be happy with the R2 music list

Any recommendations of either Radio 1 people or other on demand shows that will be something similar to Scott.

Cheers.

If i'm home during the day i have 6music on.Good mix of music and smart d.j's.Don't think i've listened to radio 1 in decades,so happily clueless about what the cool kids are listening to.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17195 on: July 21, 2022, 12:30:38 am »
I always listen to 6music.

Lister is on in the afternoons.

Offline Jaska

• Hävytön mulkku - cheek shagger
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17196 on: July 23, 2022, 10:50:06 pm »
Fine folks on RAWK, please help me out. I loved Peep Show, The Office, Coupling, Phoenix Nights, After Life, Fleabag. What should I watch next? Thank you.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17197 on: July 24, 2022, 01:34:41 am »
IT Crowd

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17198 on: July 24, 2022, 10:14:10 am »
Fine folks on RAWK, please help me out. I loved Peep Show, The Office, Coupling, Phoenix Nights, After Life, Fleabag. What should I watch next? Thank you.

The Young Ones and Bottom. Should find them on you tubr

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17199 on: July 24, 2022, 11:01:20 am »
The Young Ones and Bottom. Should find them on you tubr

😂😂😂😂😂.

Sorry just thinking about them has me in stitches!