Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1046492 times)

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #16960 on: March 12, 2022, 01:30:17 am »
Is that in the Bill of Reets? Is that why they panda to the gun lobby?

The reet to grizzly arms?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #16961 on: March 16, 2022, 01:15:36 am »
I read that Geordie is a nickname for a person from the Tyneside area of North East England. I believe there is a big difference in accent, slang and dialect compared to Scousers, even BOTH speak in English, I think (for a non-British English speaker like me). How to "identify" the Geordie actually when they start opening their mouth? Really, is it too much difference than the other English people?

Just sharing, another thing that I read is: Up until the mid 19th century, Liverpudlians spoke with similar tones to their Lancastrian neighbours. But as a port city with a constant influx of immigrants, Liverpool became a melting pot of different dialects. After mass immigration post WWII, Irish had a major influence on the Scouse accent, creating the instantly recognisable sound we know today.

p/s: I believe my boss is going to start questioning me in the meeting even if I start using the terms like "lads" and "the project is like a tit" (please, I am not referring to a breast or nipple).
I am having a good time in RAWK during my rest time in office but I am always trying to be a dormant Scouser the best as I can here.
My another big boss during is in London and during intercontinental video conference, he saw my Steven Gerrard avatar in my Microsoft's profile image and his first question was, "Why do you support Liverpool?" in uncomfortable tone (like I am a non-British glory hunter or something).

After he listened to my answer, he told me that he's born and bred as a Manchester City fan. He was around 50-55 years old, currently staying in London, my big boss.

My answer: I just answered him, the first time I watched Liverpool when I was a kid was during Robbie Fowler period, and I just straight fall in love (it's 1994, I think). Reason, I am / was not even sure what's the reason and why. But I am 100% no doubt and still remember, that first game in front of my eyes on TV, Liverpool were losing  / trailing 0-2, two goals from Gary Pallister and Andy Cole (I can't remember it's a league or FA Cup game, sorry).

I am not sure until right now, during THAT time, why I was supporting the losing team, the team that was playing from behind and struggling in chasing the game. Until now. But I did, fall in in love.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16962 on: March 16, 2022, 01:27:13 am »

My answer: I just answered him, the first time I watched Liverpool when I was a kid was during Robbie Fowler period, and I just straight fall in love (it's 1994, I think). Reason, I am / was not even sure what's the reason and why. But I am 100% no doubt and still remember, that first game in front of my eyes on TV, Liverpool were losing  / trailing 0-2, two goals from Gary Pallister and Andy Cole (I can't remember it's a league or FA Cup game, sorry).

Pallister and Cole scored in a league game at Anfield, but it was 1997.
Pallister opened the scoring before John Barnes equalised. Pallister made it 1-2 with Cole scoring their 3rd.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16963 on: March 16, 2022, 01:38:39 am »
Pallister and Cole scored in a league game at Anfield, but it was 1997.
Pallister opened the scoring before John Barnes equalised. Pallister made it 1-2 with Cole scoring their 3rd.
Aahhh thanks!! The state of my mind though. It's magic you still remember it, haha!! My bad, my bad... That, yes that was the game that drew me in as what I can remember in my brain!!!

Was watching it with my cousin and I kept supporting the losing team, till the end. Hahahah!!  ;D  ;D  But no doubt, there were Gary Pallister and Andy Cole in that specific game.

Thanks, sir... I believe you are older than me and following Liverpool much much earlier than me. Really appreciate that, the information of the game.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #16964 on: March 16, 2022, 02:02:48 am »
Love your posts NarutoReds.

In answer to your question about accents, like most countries the UK has a huge variety of regional accents. Some of them form a continuum so that you can plot the tiny changes as you travel from region to adjacent region.

There's no single 'true' UK accent. In many countries the accent of the capital city is usually regarded as a base accent for the nation, but that doesn't apply to the UK. Some people regard a form of adopted Home Counties/Oxfordshire accent known as Received Pronunciation, which was favoured for many years by the BBC and theatre, and in political and diplomatic circles, as the closest we can get to a base 'UK accent' - although this view is, naturally, highly controversial. Interestingly the exact origins of RP remain unclear but that's a different and highly involved subject.

It's also worth remembering that even within a lingustic region there can be a lot of variation; there's more than one Scouse accent, more than one Geordie and so on.

Geordie accents are deemed to be quite 'strong', with 'strong' being classed by the degree of divergence from RP. Scouse is also seen as 'strong' by this measure, but the two are very different in form and historical development.

The best way to recognise and familiarise yourself with different accents is to listen a lot to people from the region. For Geordie accents in football you could listen to Alan Shearer who has a mild Geordie accent, or to Paul Gascoigne whose accent is much stronger to the point where some southerners have difficulty understanding everything he says, esp if speaking fast.

For Scouse, you could listen to TAW whose Scouse contingent cover most (though not all) of the variations.

This is a very complex subject, as it must also be in your country of origin, with lots of controversy and disagreement. But it's also endlessly fascinating.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline NarutoReds

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16965 on: March 16, 2022, 04:44:17 am »
Love your posts NarutoReds.

In answer to your question about accents, like most countries the UK has a huge variety of regional accents. Some of them form a continuum so that you can plot the tiny changes as you travel from region to adjacent region.

There's no single 'true' UK accent. In many countries the accent of the capital city is usually regarded as a base accent for the nation, but that doesn't apply to the UK. Some people regard a form of adopted Home Counties/Oxfordshire accent known as Received Pronunciation, which was favoured for many years by the BBC and theatre, and in political and diplomatic circles, as the closest we can get to a base 'UK accent' - although this view is, naturally, highly controversial. Interestingly the exact origins of RP remain unclear but that's a different and highly involved subject.

It's also worth remembering that even within a lingustic region there can be a lot of variation; there's more than one Scouse accent, more than one Geordie and so on.

Geordie accents are deemed to be quite 'strong', with 'strong' being classed by the degree of divergence from RP. Scouse is also seen as 'strong' by this measure, but the two are very different in form and historical development.

The best way to recognise and familiarise yourself with different accents is to listen a lot to people from the region. For Geordie accents in football you could listen to Alan Shearer who has a mild Geordie accent, or to Paul Gascoigne whose accent is much stronger to the point where some southerners have difficulty understanding everything he says, esp if speaking fast.

For Scouse, you could listen to TAW whose Scouse contingent cover most (though not all) of the variations.

This is a very complex subject, as it must also be in your country of origin, with lots of controversy and disagreement. But it's also endlessly fascinating.
Thanks for the reply, Ghost Town!!! That is a really kind reply for me. Firstly, I appreciate the info regarding Home Counties / Oxfordshire accent known as "Received Pronunciation".

I just knew it today. For someone who is from Information Technology background and job like me, more American English creeping in our programming language and terms.

Spending my time in lovely RAWK forum is the only way to keep my Scouseness sanity and my Scouse Dream.

I even spending time to do a research on how the Scousers are communicating. And I found this awesome sentences written on the blog.

Lid / lad is an extremely popular scouse phrase, which can also be shortened to 'la', another popular word in the city.

'Lid' originates from the slang 'bin lid' which translates to 'our kid' so 'lid' (or lad / la) is another way of referring to a male acquaintance.

The phrase 'alright lid' is basically the scouse way of saying "hello mate".

I will remember that. I will. This is fecking fun. Erm... Fecking? Wait, sounds like a RedCafe that. It's fucking fun, that's more like it.

p/s: And for God sake you were replying me at "02:02:48 am"... Get some sleep, mate...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 04:46:04 am by NarutoReds »

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16966 on: March 16, 2022, 06:39:41 am »
I read that Geordie is a nickname for a person from the Tyneside area of North East England. I believe there is a big difference in accent, slang and dialect compared to Scousers, even BOTH speak in English, I think (for a non-British English speaker like me). How to "identify" the Geordie actually when they start opening their mouth? Really, is it too much difference than the other English people?

Just sharing, another thing that I read is: Up until the mid 19th century, Liverpudlians spoke with similar tones to their Lancastrian neighbours. But as a port city with a constant influx of immigrants, Liverpool became a melting pot of different dialects. After mass immigration post WWII, Irish had a major influence on the Scouse accent, creating the instantly recognisable sound we know today.

p/s: I believe my boss is going to start questioning me in the meeting even if I start using the terms like "lads" and "the project is like a tit" (please, I am not referring to a breast or nipple).
I am having a good time in RAWK during my rest time in office but I am always trying to be a dormant Scouser the best as I can here.
My another big boss during is in London and during intercontinental video conference, he saw my Steven Gerrard avatar in my Microsoft's profile image and his first question was, "Why do you support Liverpool?" in uncomfortable tone (like I am a non-British glory hunter or something).

After he listened to my answer, he told me that he's born and bred as a Manchester City fan. He was around 50-55 years old, currently staying in London, my big boss.

I am not sure until right now, during THAT time, why I was supporting the losing team, the team that was playing from behind and struggling in chasing the game. Until now. But I did, fall in in love.

:lmao

Mate you do make me laugh. I always look out for posts.

All the best to you, you are "a good 'un"

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16967 on: March 16, 2022, 09:03:41 am »
Aahhh thanks!! The state of my mind though. It's magic you still remember it, haha!! My bad, my bad... That, yes that was the game that drew me in as what I can remember in my brain!!!

Was watching it with my cousin and I kept supporting the losing team, till the end. Hahahah!!  ;D  ;D  But no doubt, there were Gary Pallister and Andy Cole in that specific game.

Thanks, sir... I believe you are older than me and following Liverpool much much earlier than me. Really appreciate that, the information of the game.

I wish I didn't remember it, but unfortunately I do. Man Utd released the game on VHS with the title "Heading For Glory" as all the goals scored were headers.
You made the right choice. Imagine how miserable you'd be now if you chose Man Utd  ;D
I'm under 40 still (at least for another few days  :D).

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16968 on: March 17, 2022, 03:41:23 pm »
Where are people opening an ISA nowadays?

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16969 on: March 17, 2022, 04:05:36 pm »

Cash or Stocks and Shares?

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #16970 on: March 17, 2022, 04:11:02 pm »
I opened by first ever ISA this time last year. Stuck £5k in it and opted for a Stocks and Shares one. In the last few months that’s taken a bit of a hit. It’s currently worth about £200 less than when I opened it. It obviously did warn that things can go down as well as up and advised it being a longer term thing.

Will the rate increase today translate to better rates on savings accounts?

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16971 on: March 17, 2022, 04:14:41 pm »
I opened by first ever ISA this time last year. Stuck £5k in it and opted for a Stocks and Shares one. In the last few months that’s taken a bit of a hit. It’s currently worth about £200 less than when I opened it. It obviously did warn that things can go down as well as up and advised it being a longer term thing.

Will the rate increase today translate to better rates on savings accounts?

Yeah not been a great month or two but these things are meant for the long term, it will bounce back.

I've already seen my interest rate on one of my savings accounts rise - if only a tiny bit - since the last rate rise (Marcus) so likely to see more after this.

In terms of a S&S ISA, I use Fidelity, which I like, but I think Vanguard charges lower fees. I think you can only select Vanguard funds through them though.

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16972 on: March 17, 2022, 04:20:09 pm »

I've got one with triodos.co.uk. They probably don't offer the highest interest rates, but they only invest into socially and environmentally responsible projects, and thats worth it for me.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #16973 on: March 17, 2022, 05:05:35 pm »
Anyone recommend somewhere that I can order a sink, shower unit and toilet from that will deliver the quality of the typical DIY stores but at a lesser price? B&Q etc surely put massive mark ups on everything.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16974 on: March 17, 2022, 05:09:38 pm »
Anyone recommend somewhere that I can order a sink, shower unit and toilet from that will deliver the quality of the typical DIY stores but at a lesser price? B&Q etc surely put massive mark ups on everything.

https://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/ is pretty good, even if it has that gobshite doing their TV adverts.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16975 on: March 17, 2022, 05:27:14 pm »
Cash or Stocks and Shares?
any, medium risk as long as its an ISA.
I created a Fidelity account which were really good about 10 years ago but I can't log in to search and fail to send me any account details. Its very weird.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16976 on: March 17, 2022, 05:28:38 pm »
I've got one with triodos.co.uk. They probably don't offer the highest interest rates, but they only invest into socially and environmentally responsible projects, and thats worth it for me.
Thanks for replying.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #16977 on: March 22, 2022, 02:19:17 pm »
Got to present a PowerPoint over Zoom on Friday. How do I share my screen so the other person just sees my slides but I can see my slide notes?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16978 on: March 22, 2022, 02:30:24 pm »
Got to present a PowerPoint over Zoom on Friday. How do I share my screen so the other person just sees my slides but I can see my slide notes?

This any use?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1DTqKXwsc4&t=199s

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #16979 on: March 22, 2022, 03:03:37 pm »
Brill cheers!

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #16980 on: March 22, 2022, 09:44:32 pm »
Yeah not been a great month or two but these things are meant for the long term, it will bounce back.

I've already seen my interest rate on one of my savings accounts rise - if only a tiny bit - since the last rate rise (Marcus) so likely to see more after this.

In terms of a S&S ISA, I use Fidelity, which I like, but I think Vanguard charges lower fees. I think you can only select Vanguard funds through them though.

Yeah, last few months have been pretty shit in terms of stocks and shares funds.

Also, if your under 40 and looking at something for the long term don’t forget the LISA. For anyone not familiar you can open one before your 40, pay in up to £4k a year until your 50 and the government tops up your contributions by 25% up to £1k a year. Only drawback is you can only withdraw the money either when you buy a house or turn 60.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #16981 on: March 22, 2022, 10:35:41 pm »

Getting rid of those Premium Bonds are ya John ;D 
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16982 on: March 22, 2022, 10:41:09 pm »
Getting rid of those Premium Bonds are ya John ;D 
Hahaha defo not mate. Funny enough I've just read an article about PB's from Martin Lewis. It's heavily critical about the chances of winning, but I'll be ignoring him Jake. Keep the faith :)

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #16983 on: March 22, 2022, 10:43:31 pm »
Also, if your under 40 and looking at something for the long term don’t forget the LISA. For anyone not familiar you can open one before your 40, pay in up to £4k a year until your 50 and the government tops up your contributions by 25% up to £1k a year. Only drawback is you can only withdraw the money either when you buy a house or turn 60.

Can you open a LISA if you already had a Help to Buy ISA and used that for your first purchase?

Hahaha defo not mate. Funny enough I've just read an article about PB's from Martin Lewis. It's heavily critical about the chances of winning, but I'll be ignoring him Jake. Keep the faith :)

Is that a recent thing or the one he did a while back looking at the odds of beating the market (at 1%) where he said 5k was about the sweet spot with "average luck"? I'd love a read of it if its another one.

Keep the faith indeed. I'd take a few years of no wins for a win at the Emptyhad I tell ya
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #16984 on: March 22, 2022, 10:48:35 pm »
Can you open a LISA if you already had a Help to Buy ISA and used that for your first purchase?

Looks like you can have both, but you can’t use both to buy a house, so you the Help to Buy ISA to buy a home, and sit on the LISA until your 60.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/lifetime-isas/
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16985 on: March 23, 2022, 09:59:20 pm »

Is that a recent thing or the one he did a while back looking at the odds of beating the market (at 1%) where he said 5k was about the sweet spot with "average luck"? I'd love a read of it if its another one.

Keep the faith indeed. I'd take a few years of no wins for a win at the Emptyhad I tell ya
It seems to be dated 22/3/22. It's probably the same, there's a couple of lines that contradict each other imo.
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/premium-bonds/

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16986 on: March 24, 2022, 04:46:22 pm »
Christ can someone help me uninstall Norton fully. It's deffo effected the performance of my PC. I've uninstalled it but the fucker lingers. I don't want to download the uninstall tool from the Norton site as I don't trust it.

Help!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16987 on: March 24, 2022, 04:57:17 pm »
Christ can someone help me uninstall Norton fully. It's deffo effected the performance of my PC. I've uninstalled it but the fucker lingers. I don't want to download the uninstall tool from the Norton site as I don't trust it.

Help!

Is it a recent install? If so, have you got a recent restore point you can roll back to?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16988 on: March 24, 2022, 05:02:01 pm »
It is mate, but will that rid the PC of it?

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16989 on: March 24, 2022, 05:07:14 pm »

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #16990 on: March 24, 2022, 05:42:33 pm »
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16991 on: March 24, 2022, 05:43:53 pm »
Is that John's alter ego name?

Haha whoops! All these Ukraine flags as profile pictures is confusing.  ;D

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #16992 on: March 24, 2022, 05:48:49 pm »
Haha whoops! All these Ukraine flags as profile pictures is confusing.  ;D
;D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16993 on: March 24, 2022, 06:06:29 pm »
Ta guys, I've used the uninstall tool and its worked a treat. I recall all this from about 10 years ago - Norton is a bastard and caused a PC to slow right down. It's flying now  :)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 07:03:13 pm by John C »

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16994 on: March 24, 2022, 07:10:24 pm »
Ta guys, I've used the uninstall tool and its worked a treat. I recall all this from about 10 years ago - Norton is a bastard and caused a PC to slow right down. It's flying now  :)

Glad it worked. Antivirus software can be a right pain. It embeds itself deep into the OS. That's why they all tend to provide specific cleanup tools like that.

(And sorry for calling you Debs.  ;D)

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16995 on: March 24, 2022, 07:34:42 pm »
I didn't notice El :)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16996 on: March 24, 2022, 07:58:56 pm »
It is mate, but will that rid the PC of it?

Yes, if you can roll back to a restore point before the installation it will reset the pc to the state it was in, so the Norton won't be on it
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #16997 on: March 26, 2022, 10:43:08 pm »
Is vinyl click flooring usually reasonable quality?

We’re renovating the downstairs of our house and need to choose flooring. We’re going for a wood effect double herringbone pattern, just can’t settle on type etc. Ordered a few samples but it’s difficult to gauge overall look and quality. Saw some engineered wood which looks a bit snazzier - has anyone got this and could recommend over others despite the additional cost, or are the cheaper options almost as good?

The space is about 35m squared.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16998 on: March 26, 2022, 10:48:23 pm »
My flight is at 8am tomorrow, taxi is here at 4.45am despite only being 20ish mins from Manc Airport. In part down to the M56 being closed (I'll miss it, but it might make traffic busier) and the dickheads not being able to employ enough staff so queues are huge. Plus I'm gonna lose an hour of sleep due to the clocks changing. I'm not gonna sleep if I go to bed now as I'm a late sleeping naturally.

So... do I try and get a few hours sleep or just drink on through...?

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16999 on: March 26, 2022, 10:50:52 pm »
Is vinyl click flooring usually reasonable quality?

We’re renovating the downstairs of our house and need to choose flooring. We’re going for a wood effect double herringbone pattern, just can’t settle on type etc. Ordered a few samples but it’s difficult to gauge overall look and quality. Saw some engineered wood which looks a bit snazzier - has anyone got this and could recommend over others despite the additional cost, or are the cheaper options almost as good?

The space is about 35m squared.

Our landlady has had it put in the new kitchen and new bathroom and it looks pretty decent quality (tbf she let us pick out of a load of different ones). We have proper American oak hardwood floors through the hall/lounge/dining area and it's obv not a patch on that but it doesn't look out of place next to it if that makes sense.