Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1047897 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #16920 on: March 5, 2022, 12:53:08 pm »
You took the cash out first, right?

It was more of a card holder than a wallet sadly. Photographed all his cards though obviously.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16921 on: March 5, 2022, 01:04:58 pm »
He just called me having got my email and he’s on his way to pick it up. Nice happy ending for those of you on tenterhooks!

I'd given it back without any reward, but each to their own..
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #16922 on: March 5, 2022, 01:16:42 pm »
I'd given it back without any reward, but each to their own..

It was the least he could do.

Got a bottle of wine for my troubles.

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #16923 on: March 5, 2022, 01:55:27 pm »
Just out for a run and a guy came past on his bike. As he did his wallet fell to the floor. By the time I’d shouted to him he was away in the distance.

I’ve got his name from his bank cards. Quick google and he’s on LinkedIn but can’t find him elsewhere. Have sent him a connection request but he won’t have a clue who I am. Any other ideas how I can get his wallet back to him?

Truly one of the good guys. Contrast that with me dropping my wallet literally outside my front door (I'd got out of the girlfriends car and it's apparent someone close by picked it up), had a picture of me as well as ID with the address on it

What does some Brummy rat do? Go on a spending spree at local shops before I start getting the alerts from HSBC to let me know I've just dropped £50 in the Asda despite me being sat in ours.

Rats

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16924 on: March 5, 2022, 02:00:40 pm »
Truly one of the good guys. Contrast that with me dropping my wallet literally outside my front door (I'd got out of the girlfriends car and it's apparent someone close by picked it up), had a picture of me as well as ID with the address on it

What does some Brummy rat do? Go on a spending spree at local shops before I start getting the alerts from HSBC to let me know I've just dropped £50 in the Asda despite me being sat in ours.

Rats

You know Nick would have done the same had the answers to his question been a little bit different here...!
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16925 on: March 5, 2022, 02:06:30 pm »

Rats

This is exactly why the £100 contactless limit is beyond stupid. I have one credit card and one debit card on me, they get lost and £1600 could be spent before you know it.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #16926 on: March 5, 2022, 02:07:39 pm »
You know Nick would have done the same had the answers to his question been a little bit different here...!

Busted.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #16927 on: March 5, 2022, 02:18:22 pm »
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16928 on: March 6, 2022, 07:39:21 am »
I'm sure RAWK used to have a thread for would-be writers/authors. Can anyone help me find it? My patchy memory tells me it wasn't on the media & arts board, but in the boozer. I can find it either way.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16929 on: March 6, 2022, 08:09:11 am »
Busted.
Tempted to change your name to Pick-Pocket Nick  ;D

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16930 on: March 6, 2022, 09:03:58 am »
I'm sure RAWK used to have a thread for would-be writers/authors. Can anyone help me find it? My patchy memory tells me it wasn't on the media & arts board, but in the boozer. I can find it either way.

Is this it?

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=324997.0

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16931 on: March 6, 2022, 10:30:57 am »
Is this it?

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=324997.0
Yes, thank you. And my own post was the last made. I did check through my post history and still couldn't find it. I'll excuse it all on searching at the crack of dawn  ::)

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16932 on: March 6, 2022, 02:37:36 pm »
is there a travel thread on RAWK?

I'm trying to find anyone with experience going to Thailand in the last little while, using the Thailand Travel Pass process.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16933 on: March 6, 2022, 02:50:52 pm »
is there a travel thread on RAWK?

I'm trying to find anyone with experience going to Thailand in the last little while, using the Thailand Travel Pass process.

Quite a few Thailand threads in the search

Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16934 on: March 6, 2022, 04:49:16 pm »
Can anyone explain, in plain English not tech speak, how to post pics off my phone please?

I don't have a cloud thing or other such storage app, just my gallery but whenever I try posting anything it says the files too big and I don't know how to resize them.

Also, is their a mobile app version of the forum rather than using whatever it is I use 🤷 if there is presumably it's in my play store?

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #16935 on: March 9, 2022, 02:27:20 am »
Not from UK. What does it mean when a British OR Scouser say - 'un - ?

I read somewhere in this forum... Something like "wrong'un".

Is it British or Scouse slang?

p/s: I just knew that "webs" means "shoes" in Scouse.

Thank you. Thank you... My beloved Red Scousers.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #16936 on: March 9, 2022, 06:13:18 am »
Not from UK. What does it mean when a British OR Scouser say - 'un - ?

I read somewhere in this forum... Something like "wrong'un".

Is it British or Scouse slang?

p/s: I just knew that "webs" means "shoes" in Scouse.

Thank you. Thank you... My beloved Red Scousers.
'Un' means 'one' 
'One' means 'person'
So if someone is a Good'un it means that they're a 'good person'  :thumbup
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #16937 on: March 11, 2022, 10:04:24 am »
'Un' means 'one' 
'One' means 'person'
Thank you, mate... Really appreciate that!!  :)  :)

Now I know.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16938 on: March 11, 2022, 10:25:54 am »
Don’t listen to Tesco, he’s a wrong’un.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16939 on: March 11, 2022, 10:56:23 am »
'Un' means 'one' 
'One' means 'person'
I've got a mate from Lancashire who describes people of dubious morals as a rum un.
If they've got really dubious morals they become a reet rum un

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #16940 on: March 11, 2022, 01:18:15 pm »
Thank you, mate... Really appreciate that!!  :)  :)

Now I know.
:thumbup

Don’t listen to Tesco, he’s a wrong’un.
What!
I've always thought of myself as 'sound'  :-X  ;D

I've got a mate from Lancashire who describes people of dubious morals as a rum un.
If they've got really dubious morals they become a reet rum un
The only known use of 'reet' in a song is in Brass in pocket by the Pretenders ( afaik ).

"I got rhythm, I can't miss a beat
I got a new Skank, so reet"

;D

If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #16941 on: March 11, 2022, 01:23:19 pm »
What!
The only known use of 'reet' in a song is in Brass in pocket by the Pretenders ( afaik ).

;D

Reet Petite?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #16942 on: March 11, 2022, 01:30:17 pm »
Reet Petite?
I meant by someone called Chrissie Hynde  ::)
Honest   :-[

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16943 on: March 11, 2022, 02:22:29 pm »
What!

;D

We used to have a Branch in Chorley and the manager was a proper out in the sticks Lancashire man - he used to chunner away in this dialect I struggled to catch and every now and again you could clearly hear "reet cocker"
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #16944 on: March 11, 2022, 02:52:47 pm »
We used to have a Branch in Chorley and the manager was a proper out in the sticks Lancashire man - he used to chunner away in this dialect I struggled to catch and every now and again you could clearly hear "reet cocker"
Which one of these was he?  ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/4-eXnj4as-4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/4-eXnj4as-4</a>

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16945 on: March 11, 2022, 03:36:55 pm »
Which one of these was he?  ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/4-eXnj4as-4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/4-eXnj4as-4</a>

He was too short to be seen on the video, he just wrote the rap ;D

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16946 on: March 11, 2022, 08:47:25 pm »
when you see "X is trending on Twitter" just how is that measured?

how many retweets (or whatever TF it is) are needed to be regarded as "trending"?

how many things can be trending at any given time?

who decides this shit?

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #16947 on: March 11, 2022, 09:57:56 pm »
Reet Petite?
Well it seems that 'reet' is in more songs than I realised  ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #16948 on: March 11, 2022, 11:01:18 pm »
Well it seems that 'reet' is in more songs than I realised  ;D

All Reet Now
baby it's uh all reet now...

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16949 on: March 11, 2022, 11:13:32 pm »
when you see "X is trending on Twitter" just how is that measured?

how many retweets (or whatever TF it is) are needed to be regarded as "trending"?

how many things can be trending at any given time?

who decides this shit?

Algorithms.  No one really knows and they change often but will have a lot to do with the number talking about the topic be it mention, likes, RTs, etc.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #16950 on: March 11, 2022, 11:20:43 pm »
All Reet Now
baby it's uh all reet now...
Did the Reeteous Brothers sing that?

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16951 on: March 11, 2022, 11:28:06 pm »
Algorithms.  No one really knows and they change often but will have a lot to do with the number talking about the topic be it mention, likes, RTs, etc.

good to know.  so I can start claiming that my RAWK posts are trending.  :)

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #16952 on: March 12, 2022, 12:13:08 am »
good to know.  so I can start claiming that my RAWK posts are trending.  :)

Get your algoreethm in order...

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16953 on: March 12, 2022, 12:29:17 am »
Get your algoreethm in order...
Getting close, just need to check my areethmatic.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #16954 on: March 12, 2022, 12:32:50 am »
Getting close, just need to check my areethmatic.
You sound like a Geordie  ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #16955 on: March 12, 2022, 12:39:56 am »
Lovely Reeta Meter Maid
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #16956 on: March 12, 2022, 12:42:52 am »
Thomas Peene, Reets of Man...

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #16957 on: March 12, 2022, 12:48:06 am »
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the reet of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #16958 on: March 12, 2022, 12:57:12 am »
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the reet of the people to keep and arm bears, shall not be infringed
Kill the humourless

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #16959 on: March 12, 2022, 01:09:07 am »

Is that in the Bill of Reets? Is that why they panda to the gun lobby?