Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
I said he has no technical weakness in his game and that he has more breadth of ability than Gerrard did. In other words he can do everything u expect a modern midfielder to do. I didn't say he can do all that consistently to a world bearing ability already right now. But patently he has that potential and that breadth of skills already as his stats already show. Gerrard was many things but he never had the ability to dribble through the midfield the way bellingham can.

Gerrard won us the champions league followed by the fa cup, and prior to that had won the league cup, fa cup and uefa cup.

How is that comparable to what ‘Bellingham’ has won?
Episode 6 was stunning and just as brutal as HOD without being boring and confusing.

Really looking forward to the last 2 of the series.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Last post by killer-heels on Today at 09:12:58 pm »
And it ended with them winning the league. Yeah the football wasn't pretty but their players didn't tire out in a compact schedule (like this season) compared to other teams and it hid the weaknesses in the team especially for the likes of John Stones.

Thing is, I cant see us significantly switching how we play. City went from an attacking side to a stale side. I dont see us doing that.
« Last post by Fromola on Today at 09:11:47 pm »
He needs to just go back to basics. In 2020-21, City were 10th after 7 games with 11 points. Pep just made sure they got the basics right and stopped trying to do anything extraordinary. If you watched City from that point onwards in 20-21 that season, you will see that they played with less fluidity and more pragmatism compared to the other years that Pep was there.

We're probably won't end being crowned champions like City did that season, but at least try to salvage a top four finish.  I understand Klopp has his own beliefs but the system doesn't suit the players anymore, and while it's not all his fault that the squad was not refreshed adequately in midfield to keep playing the same system, that's the hand that was dealt to him now. He even admitted after Napoli that we should tweak our approach a little, so it's disappointing to see after a month of not playing games that we're still playing this whole inverted wingback, free roaming number 8 on the right and the two wide forwards pretending to be linesmen system with the same naivety and same problems, trailing pretty much from the start of the game, while expecting different outcomes.

In the context of today's game in isolation it's down to tactics. Just get the basics right. The approach was wrong from the start and we're left chasing the game again and relying on Alisson to keep us in it. Then we get back to 3-2 and typically appalling game management sees us throw it away.

The squad isn't where it should be though.
Naturally, I got rid of Trossard when I wildcarded the mournhub round, didn't I? In fact, I just looked at my transfer history, and on that fateful day I traded 7 players in one go, then 2 hrs later I decided, hmm, maybe I'll save some cash by also trading Trossard for MacAllister. Unbe-fucking-lievable. I've now dropped outside the top 5 million, I've never fallen outside the top million in 20 years of playing. I am the Liverpool of fantasy football!
« Last post by please, I have my reasons for it but... on Today at 09:10:55 pm »
To be fair he significantly changed his team around. They went from a team focussed on width, making the pitch big and using the space to one that was all about compactness, making the game as stale as possible and protecting his centrebacks.
And it ended with them winning the league. Yeah the football wasn't pretty but their players didn't tire out in a compact schedule (like this season) compared to other teams and it hid the weaknesses in the team especially for the likes of John Stones.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Last post by MJD-L4 on Today at 09:09:53 pm »
Thing with Trent is I can forgive defensive shortcomings considering his attacking output.

Its just that a lot of the time he doesn't even seem arsed defensively. He's a scouser and should be leaving every thing he has on the pitch every time he plays.

It feels like he's not doing that at the moment.
News and Current Affairs / Re: Re: Fuel price
« Last post by redbyrdz on Today at 09:08:57 pm »
Get you now, I thought you meant there was some sort of law preventing you from switching.
« Last post by I've been a good boy. on Today at 09:08:12 pm »
I blame Pep Lijnders' book.
« Last post by killer-heels on Today at 09:07:49 pm »
He needs to just go back to basics. In 2020-21, City were 10th after 7 games with 11 points. Pep just made sure they got the basics right and stopped trying to do anything extraordinary. If you watched City from that point onwards in 20-21 that season, you will see that they played with less fluidity and more pragmatism compared to the other years that Pep was there.

We're probably won't end being crowned champions like City did that season, but at least try to salvage a top four finish.  I understand Klopp has his own beliefs but the system doesn't suit the players anymore, and while it's not all his fault that the squad was not refreshed adequately in midfield to keep playing the same system, that's the hand that was dealt to him now. He even admitted after Napoli that we should tweak our approach a little, so it's disappointing to see after a month of not playing games that we're still playing this whole inverted wingback, free roaming number 8 on the right and the two wide forwards pretending to be linesmen system with the same naivety and same problems, trailing pretty much from the start of the game, while expecting different outcomes.

To be fair he significantly changed his team around. They went from a team focussed on width, making the pitch big and using the space to one that was all about compactness, making the game as stale as possible and protecting his centrebacks.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10