Author Topic: A Liverpool FC victory parade will take place in the city on Sunday May 29.  (Read 43078 times)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
But I bet every single person who lines the streets that day would swap with those lucky enough to be in Paris.

I didn’t get back from Madrid in time to see the parade but I didn’t give a fuck, I’d had one of the best days of my life previously and spent the Sunday drinking Spanish ale watching the parade on a train then the airport.

I’d say missing the parade because you’re lucky enough to be in Paris is a fair trade.

exactly.

Parades are often the day after, it’s nothing new - Frankfurt today being another example of it! Just whinging for the sake of it with that one  ;D

there is legitimate reasons to have misgivings for this one, but not that.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Can’t be having a parade just for domestic cups. Good job we will win the European Cup anyway.

I enjoyed the 2006 Fa Cup one!
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
I know it has to be planned in advanced Peabee mate but Jersey is in line with my thinking.

I thought they were just planning a parade in case we win? So it’s going ahead either way?

We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
I thought they were just planning a parade in case we win? So it’s going ahead either way?

it’ll go ahead regardless, the team won 2 cups. Like last time we won the FA Cup - there was a parade.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Aye, also the Women's squad is joining them as they won the Championship and are back in the WSL.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

I mean they obviously are hoping it includes the CL so will plan it and may aswell take advantage of the planning for the 2 trophies we did win. Its still 2 trophies to celebrate

Offline paisley1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
Will Everton be having one
I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
I'm having second thought's on this too now. Heysel anniversary and also what if we lose the final?  None of our players will want to parade the other two trophies even though it's their right to do so.

That opinion says a lot more about you than it does our lads Samie.

Why wouldnt they want to parade the other two trophies? We're not the same as the twats who make a point of taking off their medals if they've lost a final. Did the celebrations at Wembley for the two cups give you the impression that they weren't bothered about winning them? We've had an historical season and they deserve recognition from the fans for that, not least because they didn't get one for the PL either.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
They will be in a bus behind the womens team if last nights celebrations are anything to go by.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
My view on it is we haven’t done enough, publicly at least, to make it known that we’ve tried to avoid doing it on the day of Heysel.

It all comes across as a bit ‘yeah, we know it’s not great, but we’ll have a memorial service in the morning’.

I get that it isn’t easy, as if they did try to get it on the Monday and that was rejected by the various FA’s or whatever, then it’s difficult to go back and have it on the Sunday as inevitably the line will be ‘you make out that you cared, but not enough to not have the parade’s

Really tricky situation this as, as I’ve said before, the players absolutely deserve this and it’s unthinkable for them to not get their moment, but my intuition on it is that the club could have done a bit more to engage with the issue, rather than a paragraph at the bottom of their announcement.

I get that we don’t tend to do too much for the memorial anyway, but I don’t know, I just feel like what is a sad day for Juventus should also be for us and this just smacks of the total opposite.

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite

They’ll somehow get on the wrong bus.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
They’ll somehow get on the wrong bus.

I imagine they'll go on a coach trip to Rhyl on a grotty old double decker, whilst tweeting that 'this is what its all about'
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
There's a scene in Mike Bassett England Manager at the start where his club Norwich I think take a left turn and head straight onto the motorway celebrating promotion. That''s Everton.  ;D

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
Have a feeling a sizeable number of blues will try to cause trouble during this parade, they've been whipped up in to a hateful frenzy of late and I can't see it going away just because they're finishing 16th.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What are they going to do? Chain themselves to the back of the bus?

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Have a feeling a sizeable number of blues will try to cause trouble during this parade, they've been whipped up in to a hateful frenzy of late and I can't see it going away just because they're finishing 16th.

Whilst I think this is complete nonsense and won't happen, even if it did they would be very, very significantly outnumbered.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
I imagine they'll go on a coach trip to Rhyl on a grotty old double decker, whilst tweeting that 'this is what its all about'

They’ll probably type Reil in the satnav, and end up in Germany.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend

They should be used to our parades by now.

Offline oldman

• Anny Roader
That opinion says a lot more about you than it does our lads Samie.

Why wouldnt they want to parade the other two trophies? We're not the same as the twats who make a point of taking off their medals if they've lost a final. Did the celebrations at Wembley for the two cups give you the impression that they weren't bothered about winning them? We've had an historical season and they deserve recognition from the fans for that, not least because they didn't get one for the PL either.

Absolutely - there's only 4 trophies to play for - if we end up with 2 of them then we should be proud and celebrate
If more then wow !

not sure about the 29th though

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite

A blue bus tours the City, met with flares.
No Trophy onboard...but nobody cares.
The fans, they gather outside The Brick.
Blue smoke on County Rd by now is thick!

Another escape from relegation was made.
Hence the victorious open top bus parade.
Their fans sang songs about staying up.
On how that's better than winning the Cup!

The 'Tour' didn't actually go about the Town.
It stuck to County Rd, 10 times up and down!
No winners medals for the players to display.
But their fans wouldn't have it any other way!

The bus driver then had to get more Fuel.
As his bus was now heading out of Liverpool.
So with that in mind he had a tank to fill.
Then off for the main reception held in Rhyl!

Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97

Priceless !   ;D

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
As this date nears, I feel more uncomfortable attending the parade. This is obviously a very sensitive subject and it'll affect different fans in different ways. Age will come into it a lot, also what particular individual memories we have of that awful night.

Therefore, I think it's important we all respect each other's decision on whether to attend this parade or not. After thinking about it long and hard, I have decided not to be part of it.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Whilst I think this is complete nonsense and won't happen, even if it did they would be very, very significantly outnumbered.

They will also make an absolute show of themselves live on television, as the whole thing will undoubtedly be documented by SSN, as well as LFCTV. It will only bring further unwanted scrutiny to their grubby little club.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline 10barnes

• Anny Roader
Thinking of taking my son to the parade, was thinking of heading to the docks, would this be the best place?
Walk on

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thinking of taking my son to the parade, was thinking of heading to the docks, would this be the best place?

A lot will depend on tomorrow night, but going by the last parade:

The docks is good because of the sheer number of people, but it can be hard to see if you're not early. If you want to see the bus and the players up close, I'd probably head a bit out of town where there are less people and you can walk alongside the bus for a bit.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97

Echo the above.  Start in Allerton, walk along Queens Drive with the bus to the Fiveways roundabout then head into town.  Positive Klopp gave me a wave at the roundabout last time :P

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan

I went the docks last time, by the Baltic pub. It was a mistake for me as it was bloody freezing and we were waiting forever.

I guess for you it depends on your son and if he doesn't mind waiting. This year I might try Queens Drive or Islington.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
I went the docks last time, by the Baltic pub. It was a mistake for me as it was bloody freezing and we were waiting forever.

I guess for you it depends on your son and if he doesn't mind waiting. This year I might try Queens Drive or Islington.

Do you remember what time it got to near the Baltic before mate? By pure chance the hotel I booked for that night is just around the corner so just want to know if I've got time to drop my stuff in the hotel before heading out, as we only get in to Lime St about 4.30pm.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan

Even Leeds St - we started there last time and were able to follow the bus down to the docks. Plenty of chances to see the lads and trophy up close at Leeds St and then join the crowds at the docks just for the atmosphere. Plenty of people running with the bus then!

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
Do you remember what time it got to near the Baltic before mate? By pure chance the hotel I booked for that night is just around the corner so just want to know if I've got time to drop my stuff in the hotel before heading out, as we only get in to Lime St about 4.30pm.

Just looking back at the last pictures and videos I took on my phone and the last one is time stamped at 18:57 and that was around the YMCA on Leeds Street.

What time did it start at last time? Same time?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Pah

They used to go by my house. Will have to romp for a couple of miles now to the Maze :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
It's fucking stupid having it the day after as it's basically a middle finger up to those fans who travel to the final to support the team, as loads will simply not get back in time.

Paris is a bit better than most place, but the last few it's been murder in the airports after with delays galore.

If you've been to the game then I doubt very much that you give a shiny shite about the parade mate :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan

The date stamps on the pictures I took suggest around 7.30pm. Depending on where you're heading for I'd say you have time enough, but obviously the bus will move more quickly on other parts of the route than others. By the time it's into the city centre it will be crawling!

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
For atmosphere, probably, yes. That's where we'll be going and where we went last time. If we win on Saturday the wait down by the docks might be a long one, though. Last time the crowds were so immense that the bus was ages later than expected getting into town.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What time will the parade begin, and end up at the docks?

Is there a link to the route and times?

Thanks

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If you've been to the game then I doubt very much that you give a shiny shite about the parade mate :)

Exactly. My mate has seen the two cup lifts at Wembley this season and hopefully sees big ears get lifted tonight, his second Paris final, so he isn't arsed.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
I'm moving to England in September. Hopefully, I'll be able to attend one next year. :)

Online SK8 Red

• A spanking! A spanking!
  • Main Stander
  • Supporting since 1983 at a guess
I wonder if the bus could carry a small reference to the 39...... whatever we do will be wrong in the Twitter world of sh1te

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Pure Genius!

Offline Mini Soda Scousephile

• Give us a snog, now.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • At the end of the storm there's a golden sky
Wish I could be there.
Fly me over.