Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 754303 times)

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #120 on: August 31, 2017, 03:15:34 pm »

There was an opportunity for a mega non-Melwood column double lean there and they missed it.  :(

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #121 on: August 31, 2017, 03:32:31 pm »
Has he stolen Keira's number 8?

Shes good with it.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #122 on: August 31, 2017, 03:41:37 pm »
For all those asking who gets in the team with an embarrassment of riches, we could well use 9 midfield / attacking players in a game. Imagine being tortured for an hour by Mane and Salah, only to have them replaced after an hour by AOC and Lemar. We have players with frightening pace, and the luxury of them being able to play flat out because we can sub them with someone just as rapid. Facing our attack for a full game would be terrifying for a defence. And when fatigue kicks in, there is another pacy threat who is completely fresh.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: August 31, 2017, 03:43:36 pm »
For all those asking who gets in the team with an embarrassment of riches, we could well use 9 midfield / attacking players in a game. Imagine being tortured for an hour by Mane and Salah, only to have them replaced after an hour by AOC and Lemar. We have players with frightening pace, and the luxury of them being able to play flat out because we can sub them with someone just as rapid. Facing our attack for a full game would be terrifying for a defence. And when fatigue kicks in, there is another pacy threat who is completely fresh.

Yep. Shock and awe.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #124 on: August 31, 2017, 03:59:53 pm »
Yeah, Henderson's a friend first and a captain second. Probably an entertainer third.

Haha!
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: August 31, 2017, 04:04:21 pm »
Taken the #21 shirt.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will wear the No.21 shirt for Liverpool.

The midfielder completed a deadline-day move from Arsenal this morning, becoming the Reds' fourth signing of the summer transfer window.

And the 24-year-old has taken the squad number vacated by Lucas Leiva following the Brazilian's departure to Lazio.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: August 31, 2017, 04:07:16 pm »
Its not often we sign a 35m player and wonder where will he play or will he even get a start every week? Obviously has the flexibility to play in a couple of areas but for the lad to blossom he will need to make a position his own over the next 18 months - 2 years. I really don't have a clue where that will be as he seems to want to play wide aka Mane / Salah but his opportunity looks more like a wingback which he hated at Arsenal but Klopp can be very persuasive. Suppose to be the long term replacement for Milner who came here because he wanted more of a consistent midfield role but rarely featured there under Klopp and more akin to be a wingback. Basically your personal goals get put aside for the teams and rightly so. Its the sign of the times I guess as his signature brings more questions than answers right now as 3 years ago we were spending 20m on prospects / squad players like Markovic so maybe the current marker dictates 35m squad players. Our first 150m bench warmers is just a season or so away I fear.

Now is not the time to be concerned about us having quality players worth X amount sitting on the bench.
In fact, when we lacked depth this is what we hoped for, a squad with options, quality, and competition.
We've brought in an extremely talented youngish player from one of our main rivals, and inspite of interest from the reigning championa.
A player that Klopp just clearly stated he was interested in for several years.
Just enjoy the moment.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #127 on: August 31, 2017, 04:07:47 pm »
Welcome!

Gotta be honest.....didn't fill me with excitement when this was first rumoured around May. He's a good player no doubt and I'm sure Klopp can do wonders with him but his injury record worried me.

Hopefully that does not ruin his career with us, and I'm sure his versatility will come in handy when the games come thick and fast. Was a lot of money we spent on him and I hope he does prove to be a good utility man, I don't think he would be a part of our best 11 but we need a good squad so I'm not upset we are signing a player that Klopp wants and is definitely good quality when fit. Knows the PL and has the right age and attributes to fit in you' think!

Lets hope he does well
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #128 on: August 31, 2017, 04:08:59 pm »
Lallana's career had stalled before Jurgen helped him turn it around in quite spectacular style. If you have the ability and the willingness to learn, we know Klopp is someone who will bring your game up a level. Not since Rafa have we had a manager who we could say that about unquestionably and that's why I have faith this'll work.

He clearly wants to be here, playing for this manager. It's a great attitude to have and he will have already endeared himself to (most of) us in taking a pay cut and turning down Chelsea.

Excited to see what he can bring.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #129 on: August 31, 2017, 04:14:18 pm »
welcome to heaven lad
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #130 on: August 31, 2017, 04:17:39 pm »
Its not often we sign a 35m player and wonder where will he play or will he even get a start every week? Obviously has the flexibility to play in a couple of areas but for the lad to blossom he will need to make a position his own over the next 18 months - 2 years. I really don't have a clue where that will be as he seems to want to play wide aka Mane / Salah but his opportunity looks more like a wingback which he hated at Arsenal but Klopp can be very persuasive. Suppose to be the long term replacement for Milner who came here because he wanted more of a consistent midfield role but rarely featured there under Klopp and more akin to be a wingback. Basically your personal goals get put aside for the teams and rightly so. Its the sign of the times I guess as his signature brings more questions than answers right now as 3 years ago we were spending 20m on prospects / squad players like Markovic so maybe the current marker dictates 35m squad players. Our first 150m bench warmers is just a season or so away I fear.
Maybe, or he could become the Großkreutz of Liverpool. He played every outfield position bar CB for Klopp. For a while he was mostly their left winger but the end of the 12/13 season, he was playing every game and rarely played the same position for 3 consecutive games. 13/14 he was first choice RB for a a chunk, then played everywhere.

I suspect we will see a lot of rotation this season with him featuring mostly in midfield against the buses and as a winger when we play a traditional #9.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #131 on: August 31, 2017, 04:19:48 pm »
He's going to surprise a lot of people - way better player than is generally perceived.

Happy he's here and it's INCREDIBLY impressive he took significantly less money to do it

Offline A Day 2 Remember

• Legacy Fan
  • At The End Of The Storm - Are we there yet??
« Reply #132 on: August 31, 2017, 04:21:08 pm »
However midfield - that lockpick role Lallana plays - looks perfect. Next to Can or Gini he could have a lot of fun. If/when we have Solanke or Sturridge up front, that changes though as they will remain more central and it puts the emphasis on wide players to create more than score. Ox & Lemar (if we got him) flanking Solanke/Sturridge would be interesting in some games for example. I suspect then we would end up in more of a 4-2-3-1 shape.

Babu excellent breakdown and I was hoping you could help with a question. What exactly should our players be looking to do to be the "lockpick". We failed numerous times last season even with Lallana and Coutinho playing and ended up becoming one dimensional attacking the wide areas. What are we looking for to attack zone 14 with an end product. If Lallana and Coutinho failed to un pick the lock what is it that we are missing. One twos or a bit more pace from the ball carrier in order to commit another defender out of the low block.
5th times a charm

I want to read about a Welshman reclaiming our Kop and over engineering songs we have nicked. Priorities guys

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #133 on: August 31, 2017, 04:21:16 pm »
So Ox turned down Chelsea's offer and took a salary cut to join us, just show how much he love us.
Believer

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: August 31, 2017, 04:26:33 pm »
Welcome!
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #135 on: August 31, 2017, 04:29:10 pm »
I think all the CM talk was unrealistic, I don't think he has the skill-set necessary for the role. He's not a pass and move player nor does he have the agility in small spaces like Phil, Gini and Lallana. He hasn't played there much so it's difficult to make definitive conclusions so time will tell.

With good coaching instructions I can see him doing a decent job as a wide-forward where he could give us options in order to rotate and rest our two main WFs. He has everything to be a good goal threat from that position as long as he learns how to figure out timing of his runs to get within the frame of the goal the way Mo and Sadio do routinely.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #136 on: August 31, 2017, 04:31:31 pm »
I think all the CM talk was unrealistic, I don't think he has the skill-set necessary for the role.

You're wildly wrong about this I'm happy to say.
He's going to play a ton for us when we play a 3 man midfield and excel there. He has the perfect skill set for it.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: August 31, 2017, 04:37:08 pm »
Welcome Oxo
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: August 31, 2017, 04:39:05 pm »
Fantastic OP, Babu.
Love the combination of stats, visual aids, and analysis.
Hope you realise you've significantly upped the standards for player analysis, now we're spoilt and expect the same sort of analysis for all upcoming transfers. ;D

What a summer for the resident stat fanatics.  Finally, we seem to be targeting players that pass the eye test and offer elite numbers (as per stat geeks' eyes) in their respective positions.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: August 31, 2017, 04:39:54 pm »
I actually think he along with Ramsey are two players that have been used very poorly at Arsenal. He will perform much better in a Klopp team. The price seem a bit on the high end but that is the market now.

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #140 on: August 31, 2017, 04:58:59 pm »
Does he have pace?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: August 31, 2017, 05:01:46 pm »
Welcome :scarf

Offline Antoine Lavoisier

• Anny Roader
  • the torchlight red on sweaty faces
« Reply #142 on: August 31, 2017, 05:04:39 pm »
I have ridiculously high hopes for this young man. He's going to rocket to new heights.

Welcome to the greatest club on earth Alex lad - make us dream.
And in short, I was afraid

Offline Antoine Lavoisier

• Anny Roader
  • the torchlight red on sweaty faces
« Reply #143 on: August 31, 2017, 05:06:15 pm »
Oh and what a fantastically informative, well researched and well reasoned opening post! Outstanding - surely must do this for a living?
And in short, I was afraid

Offline NYCRedsFan

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destination Anfield(postponed)scratch that.Sorted
« Reply #144 on: August 31, 2017, 05:21:31 pm »
Welcome the OX can't wait to see you put on a red shirt. :wave

That should read a PROPER Red Shirt  :wave
Not your typical OOT. Do-er of good deeds.

Offline NYCRedsFan

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destination Anfield(postponed)scratch that.Sorted
« Reply #145 on: August 31, 2017, 05:29:15 pm »
Forgive the basic question... is he cup tied in the CL ?  I'd think not, since the Arse are not in the CL this year, but just wanted to confirm...cheers in advance
Not your typical OOT. Do-er of good deeds.

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: August 31, 2017, 05:31:23 pm »
I actually think he along with Ramsey are two players that have been used very poorly at Arsenal. He will perform much better in a Klopp team. The price seem a bit on the high end but that is the market now.

Some gooners think we rinsed you lot for 40m (35 + 5 addons) with a season to go for Chamberlain, a guy who has often flattered to deceive, but he will benefit under a counter attacking manager who can utilize his talents.

Can only agree about the OP by the way, well put together and should create a Patreon page or something for those who appreciate the quality content on Rawk (no sniggering at the back).

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: August 31, 2017, 05:50:43 pm »
Not gonna lie I haven't been a massive fan of the Ox

However what the fuck do I know?  ;D I trust Klopp and he clearly knows what he's looking for in a player!

Also the fact that he turned down a massive payday at Chelsea and pissed them off in the process is even sweeter!  ;D

Welcome lad  :scarf :champ

Offline peterstone

• Anny Roader
« Reply #148 on: August 31, 2017, 06:15:14 pm »

Shes good with it.
I'd love to be the meat in that sandwich

Offline peterstone

• Anny Roader
« Reply #149 on: August 31, 2017, 06:16:35 pm »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #150 on: August 31, 2017, 06:34:46 pm »
Welcome and I hope you find great success here.  :D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: August 31, 2017, 06:37:09 pm »
Not gonna lie I haven't been a massive fan of the Ox

So no one has sorted out the auto-correct yet  :no

It was bad enough hearing that name on the odd commentary, but having to put up with it on here ..... :no
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: August 31, 2017, 06:41:13 pm »
First game of the season last year, we were ripping Arsenal apart until he came on in the second half. Think he scored one and assisted another, he gave us fits. So for that alone, I'm happy with this one. Good addition for us

Offline Isaacsways

• Anny Roader
« Reply #153 on: August 31, 2017, 06:47:53 pm »
 Bizarre we didnt get him on a pre contract agreement. We should of been putting this money towards a centre half and goalkeeper. Hugely injury prone too. Lets hope he doesn't bring his injury record with him.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: August 31, 2017, 06:52:06 pm »
Bizarre we didnt get him on a pre contract agreement. We should of been putting this money towards a centre half and goalkeeper. Hugely injury prone too. Lets hope he doesn't bring his injury record with him.

Bizarre the club didn't hire you to solve those sorts of issues.
With reference to his injury prone tendencies,  I hear part of his contract required him not to bring his injury record with him.
Club must have employed a savant akin to your level to have sorted that issue.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: August 31, 2017, 07:01:22 pm »

It was bad enough hearing that name on the odd commentary, but having to put up with it on here ..... :no

You've posted about this about ten times now. Does it really annoy you that much?

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: August 31, 2017, 07:07:32 pm »
Maybe, or he could become the Großkreutz of Liverpool. He played every outfield position bar CB for Klopp. For a while he was mostly their left winger but the end of the 12/13 season, he was playing every game and rarely played the same position for 3 consecutive games. 13/14 he was first choice RB for a a chunk, then played everywhere.

I suspect we will see a lot of rotation this season with him featuring mostly in midfield against the buses and as a winger when we play a traditional #9.

It sure is going to be interesting to see us utilize so many midfielders as we must have 2 per position at this stage. I do wonder if the lad is a replacement for a departure down the road although you suggested Lallana who at 29 may be reaching that age you think Klopp starts to ponder their expiration date. Thing about Lallana though is he really just hitting his prime (the lad jumped about three grades in terms of excellence under Klopp) and if the injury has not done much damage could and should be a pivotal player for the next 2 - 3 seasons. Something has to give eventually as cannot see so many midfielders sit out every second game and when it comes to the really big games....semi finals, league run ins etc probably miss out. Milner's time is looking short, Can unless he signs is out and Coutinho, well we can keep flipping the egg timer on that but unless we win something this season he will be doing a repeat next summer I fear. So Chamberlain has a chance to impress as the next 12 months will probably see departures and up the player to show the potential ...35m worth of potential.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: August 31, 2017, 07:13:55 pm »

Thanks for letting me know, I will now use it more often than I was originally planning  8)

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #158 on: August 31, 2017, 07:21:22 pm »
You're wildly wrong about this I'm happy to say.
He's going to play a ton for us when we play a 3 man midfield and excel there. He has the perfect skill set for it.

yeah he's got the skillset but he needs to learn how to take care of possession in tight spaces. If he can add the care & tactical nous that Wijnaldum displays to his explosive pace and power then he could be a really good central midfielder.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: August 31, 2017, 07:30:54 pm »
Looking forward to drinking a beer and reading your post a bit later BabuYagu - great effort.

Welcome Ox!
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4