Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5731174 times)

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: General Arsenal Thread - Wenger Gone - Unai Emery appointed
« Reply #53840 on: October 30, 2019, 11:11:21 pm »
https://twitter.com/ltorreira34/status/1189672977945808901?s=21

Think whoever runs his social media clocked off a bit early tonight

He's probably just happy to be starting. Must be a bit depressing having Xhaka constantly picked over you.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53841 on: October 30, 2019, 11:35:13 pm »
That dickhead who jumped in on claudes video, god I hope he’s fucking flawless in his life

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53842 on: October 30, 2019, 11:41:06 pm »

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53843 on: October 30, 2019, 11:45:04 pm »
Arsenal fans booing Chamberlain. Must have forgot that he no longer plays for them.

Fucking divvies

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53844 on: October 31, 2019, 12:24:02 am »
Unlucky?

Fuck off yer daft twat.

You were gifted 4 goals & played out 34% possession.

Deluded fucking dickhead.

That shite about they could have won 10 times over sounded so mental too, given the actual stats of the game.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #53845 on: October 31, 2019, 12:45:46 am »
That shite about they could have won 10 times over sounded so mental too, given the actual stats of the game.

Yes, that was a ridiculous comment when you consider -

Possession - LFC 66%    AFC 34%

Shots -        LFC 15        AFC 13

On Target -  LFC 6          AFC 7

Passes -       LFC 636      AFC 335

Passing
Accuracy -    LFC 86%     AFC 70%

Corners -      LFC 6          AFC 4

The only thing Arsenal had the better of was they had a single shot more on our goal. Overall, despite the errors at the back, Liverpool's youngsters were worthy winners.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53846 on: October 31, 2019, 12:55:50 am »
Yes, that was a ridiculous comment when you consider -

Possession - LFC 66%    AFC 34%

Shots -        LFC 15        AFC 13

On Target -  LFC 6          AFC 7

Passes -       LFC 636      AFC 335

Passing
Accuracy -    LFC 86%     AFC 70%

Corners -      LFC 6          AFC 4

The only thing Arsenal had the better of was they had a single shot more on our goal. Overall, despite the errors at the back, Liverpool's youngsters were worthy winners.

Not to mention their first "goal" was offside.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53847 on: October 31, 2019, 01:12:33 am »
Arsenal fans booing Chamberlain. Must have forgot that he no longer plays for them.

😁👍
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53848 on: October 31, 2019, 04:46:36 am »
Does anyone know if Robbie from AFTV pays his regular contributors like Claude? At least his ticket or transport? These lads go home and away every game. You've got to admire their passion and loyalty.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53849 on: October 31, 2019, 05:44:20 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/TpnUEkQcvmc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/TpnUEkQcvmc</a>

Never known a more deluded fan for any team than that Ty.  Could have won the game tens times over? Really? Give over soft lad. His team just been embarrassed by Liverpools reserves and he's trying to make out they were brilliant on the night. Dickhead! ;D
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53850 on: October 31, 2019, 05:49:21 am »
That dickhead who jumped in on claudes video, god I hope he’s fucking flawless in his life

Had to stop watching that clip because of him. What a twat.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53851 on: October 31, 2019, 06:52:22 am »
Never known a more deluded fan for any team than that Ty.  Could have won the game tens times over? Really? Give over soft lad. His team just been embarrassed by Liverpools reserves and he's trying to make out they were brilliant on the night. Dickhead! ;D

I agree about TY, he's a deluded idiot.

Don't know why you think our 2nd XI drawing 5-5 at Anfield with your reserves is embarrassing though?  ???

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53852 on: October 31, 2019, 07:39:36 am »

Don't know why you think our 2nd XI drawing 5-5 at Anfield with your reserves is embarrassing though?  ???
id guess it would be starting two World Cup winners when we have none in our squad and blowing two two goal leads and a lead in the 92nd minute

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53853 on: October 31, 2019, 08:11:07 am »

They were more experienced and established players, though. We gave 5 Anfield debuts to some young lads. Ox and Keita were taken off for Curtis Jones (18) and Chirivella. You brought on Ceballos and Ghendouzi. We also had a 17 yo and an 18yo in defence with a 20 yo in goal. We even had a 16yo playing.

Your young players were further forward and while one was 18, the other was 20.

Should have won this game really. Klopp knew we may not be able to play the next round, so just gave the kids a chance.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53854 on: October 31, 2019, 08:15:08 am »

He's the opposite of Claude.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53855 on: October 31, 2019, 08:21:37 am »
id guess it would be starting two World Cup winners when we have none in our squad and blowing two two goal leads and a lead in the 92nd minute

Considering the League Cup isn't taken that seriously by most of the top teams and can be a bit of a lottery (unless your Man City), I'm still not sure how a club really struggling with confidence drawing after 90mins at the best team in the country's ground can be seen as as embarrassing?

Disappointing to lose from winning positions - yes, disappointed to lose a goal in injury time - yes, embarrassing - was more embarrassed by drawing at home to Palace by far.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 08:35:30 am by ScottishGoon »

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53856 on: October 31, 2019, 08:35:11 am »
They were more experienced and established players, though. We gave 5 Anfield debuts to some young lads. Ox and Keita were taken off for Curtis Jones (18) and Chirivella. You brought on Ceballos and Ghendouzi. We also had a 17 yo and an 18yo in defence with a 20 yo in goal. We even had a 16yo playing.

Your young players were further forward and while one was 18, the other was 20.

Should have won this game really. Klopp knew we may not be able to play the next round, so just gave the kids a chance.

I get that mate, I said in my earlier post our changed XI was more experienced than your changed XI.

If you analyse it, there's not that much difference between the front 6, Ox, Lallana, Keita in midfield vs Torriera, Willock & Ozil. Attack was Brewster, Elliot, Origi vs Maitland-Niles, Saka, Martinelli.

We had the more experience in defence by far but 2 of them are trying to find fitness after an ACL injury, and also Mustafi who's confidence is shot and proved last night quite literally that it's like playing with a goal down!  ;D

We had more experience on the bench compared to yours, but he took Ozil & Torriera off which were strange substitutions given the circumstances.

Should we have won the game given the teams, perhaps. Especially after having 2 goal leads twice in the game. Embarrassing is a very strong word though.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #53857 on: October 31, 2019, 08:40:22 am »
Considering the League Cup isn't taken that seriously by most of the top teams and can be a bit of a lottery (unless your Man City), I'm still not sure how a club really struggling with confidence drawing after 90mins at the best team in the country's ground can be seen as as embarrassing?

Disappointing to lose from winning positions - yes, disappointed to lose a goal in injury time - yes, embarrassing - was more embarrassed by drawing at home to Palace by far.

When I saw the teams and benches I don’t think we’d have a chance.

I reckon at least half of the ground won’t ever have heard of Williams, and there were players I’ve never heard of on our bench.  Even one of our U23s was away at an international tournament.

More arsenal players had played at Anfield than our own team had....

Still, it does show how culture is so important.  Liverpool just never gave up, just like their first team. Whereas arsenal just folded .....

I’ve thought it was madness to get rid of Emery, but seeing that... there’s some real issues you face in terms of mentality.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #53858 on: October 31, 2019, 08:52:54 am »

Emery’s post match interview told the story.
He wanted to win that. He saw the opportunity to tell everyone that things were on the up.
No amount of post match rationalisation from you will change that.
He was gutted, and so were your lot in the ground.
We were delighted for our kids, but unlike your lot we have bigger fish to fry
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53859 on: October 31, 2019, 08:54:37 am »
When I saw the teams and benches I don’t think we’d have a chance.

I reckon at least half of the ground won’t ever have heard of Williams, and there were players I’ve never heard of on our bench.  Even one of our U23s was away at an international tournament.

More arsenal players had played at Anfield than our own team had....

Still, it does show how culture is so important.  Liverpool just never gave up, just like their first team. Whereas arsenal just folded .....

I’ve thought it was madness to get rid of Emery, but seeing that... there’s some real issues you face in terms of mentality.

If you go through Arsenal fans, I doubt many thought our fans would get a result at Anfield either, regardless of the team. Again, that might tell you a lot about the state of our club. Also, it was at Anfield, probably the hardest ground in Europe to get a result at just now, regardless of level.

In terms of the front 6, I'd say these are both our teams direct replacements for the first XI. So if you think we should be embarrassed, I could perhaps flip that and say if you think that, are you worried about your own strength in depth then?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 09:00:13 am by ScottishGoon »

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53860 on: October 31, 2019, 08:58:38 am »
He wanted to win that. He saw the opportunity to tell everyone that things were on the up.

Of course he wanted to win the game. Of course he'd be gutted losing a 2 goal lead twice, and losing a late equaliser. I'd be disappointed if he wasn't. It didn't stop him making XI changes before the game though? And, like you, the League Cup with be 4th on a priority list. The difference is, and it's easy for me to admit, you guys are in another level. Of course you are, your the best team in Europe currently.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #53861 on: October 31, 2019, 09:00:56 am »
If you go through Arsenal fans, I doubt many thought our fans would get a result at Anfield either, regardless of the team. Again, that might tell you a lot about the state of our club. Also, it was at Anfield, probably the hardest ground in Europe to get a result at just now, regardless of level.

In terms of the front 6, I'd say these are both our teams direct replacements for the first XI. So if you think we should be embarrassed, I could perhaps flip that and say if you think that, are you worried about strength in depth then?
Your team last night featured
Ozil, Holding, Mustaphi, Bellerin, Maitland-Niles, Gendouzi, Torreira, Kolasinac and Ceballos.
That’s 9 players who are experienced first team squad members.
Says a lot about you currently that you are dismissing them as not good enough to be in your first team.
That’s a lot of dead wood
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53862 on: October 31, 2019, 09:11:05 am »

Of course he wanted to win that. Wenger was winning this trophy week in and week out. It's not much, but it's good to shut down some fans - from Emery's point of view.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 09:12:45 am by Rick-40 »
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53863 on: October 31, 2019, 09:20:55 am »
Your team last night featured
Ozil, Holding, Mustaphi, Bellerin, Maitland-Niles, Gendouzi, Torreira, Kolasinac and Ceballos.
That’s 9 players who are experienced first team squad members.
Says a lot about you currently that you are dismissing them as not good enough to be in your first team.
That’s a lot of dead wood

Yep, we do have more deadwood, hence the reason we can put out a more experienced team, I don't mind admitting that. Ozil and Mustafi they are actively trying to get rid of. Maitland-Niles is a centre midfielder by trade who has played everywhere but there, but isn't really good enough anyway. If Tierney stays fit Kolasinac will just be back up. Torriera can't get in the team ahead of Xhaka, even though all the support want him to. Bellerin & Holding are just just recovering from an ACL injury and it will take time, like it has with the Ox. Guendouzi is only 20 and will continue to improve, Ceballos I'm not sure will be with us long term anyway.

I perhaps seem to be giving out the wrong message. I know exactly the state of our club just now, especially in comparison to your club, that's the reason I don't see last nights result as embarrassing. Think about it. Your the best club currently in the league, and the best club currently in Europe, with the best home form. The majority of these (well your front 6, Gomez & Milner) are your replacement players if your first XI get injuries. Is it that much of a stretch to think given how far your first team are ahead of ours, that your replacements could actually beat our replacements at home as well?

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53864 on: October 31, 2019, 09:26:47 am »

Seriously what a dickhead. How the hell is it justified to abuse his wife?

Completely agree with what Claude says at the end, if you are going to give it you should learn to take it.
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53865 on: October 31, 2019, 01:18:20 pm »
I remember before the home league game with Arsenal last year their fans were going crazy sending out prayers and such like that Mostafi would be fit and available.  It felt like desperate clutching at straws.

Then for the past nine months it's all hinged on Holding being back and available.

Well, both played last night at the heart of an Arsenal defence that shipped five goals and both looked a bit rubbish.  In Holding's defence he's returning from that injury (I still very much enjoyed the instant karma when he refused to give the ball to Lallana and within two minutes was trying to untie his legs after Origi spun him and spanked in his first goal).

I'm so happy with our defenders as there seems to be a real shortage of quality defenders and prices are horribly inflated because of it.  If it's any consolation to Arsenal I think Spurs are going to be in the same boat soon enough when Alderweireld and Vertonghen move on.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53866 on: October 31, 2019, 01:23:13 pm »
Yep, we do have more deadwood, hence the reason we can put out a more experienced team, I don't mind admitting that. Ozil and Mustafi they are actively trying to get rid of. Maitland-Niles is a centre midfielder by trade who has played everywhere but there, but isn't really good enough anyway. If Tierney stays fit Kolasinac will just be back up. Torriera can't get in the team ahead of Xhaka, even though all the support want him to. Bellerin & Holding are just just recovering from an ACL injury and it will take time, like it has with the Ox. Guendouzi is only 20 and will continue to improve, Ceballos I'm not sure will be with us long term anyway.

I perhaps seem to be giving out the wrong message. I know exactly the state of our club just now, especially in comparison to your club, that's the reason I don't see last nights result as embarrassing. Think about it. Your the best club currently in the league, and the best club currently in Europe, with the best home form. The majority of these (well your front 6, Gomez & Milner) are your replacement players if your first XI get injuries. Is it that much of a stretch to think given how far your first team are ahead of ours, that your replacements could actually beat our replacements at home as well?
Some of them weren't replacements, though. Brewster and Elliott have barely played in the squad. Shaqiri is out. Keita has barely played this year, got injured and was replaced by another barely-played youngster.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #53867 on: October 31, 2019, 01:56:25 pm »
I never thought I'd say this but... He's closing The Bureau... For an hour.
Well it's hard work running a high class bureau de change
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53868 on: October 31, 2019, 02:34:19 pm »
Their away kit is proper nice.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53869 on: October 31, 2019, 02:51:48 pm »
Some of them weren't replacements, though. Brewster and Elliott have barely played in the squad. Shaqiri is out. Keita has barely played this year, got injured and was replaced by another barely-played youngster.

Your front 3 is Salah, Mane & Frimino. Who would be the 3 behind them if they all didn't play?

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53870 on: October 31, 2019, 02:57:31 pm »
How the hell that Martinelli kid doesn't start for them? He seems special.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #53871 on: October 31, 2019, 03:15:39 pm »
How the hell that Martinelli kid doesn't start for them? He seems special.

They have Aubameyang, who's basically been carrying them this season. (And Lacazette too). It's the one area they are strong in basically!

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53872 on: October 31, 2019, 03:23:35 pm »
Living in London, nearly all of the Arsenal fans I know have openly admitted that they are forever in debt to us for beating Spurs in Madrid.

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #53873 on: October 31, 2019, 03:24:46 pm »
Their away kit is proper nice.
The top was smart, just thought the navy shirt with black shorts looked odd.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53874 on: October 31, 2019, 03:26:39 pm »
Living in London, nearly all of the Arsenal fans I know have openly admitted that they are forever in debt to us for beating Spurs in Madrid.

They can repay some of that debt by losing to us in the league and getting points of City twice.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53875 on: October 31, 2019, 04:05:18 pm »
Your front 3 is Salah, Mane & Frimino. Who would be the 3 behind them if they all didn't play?

Probably Origi and Shaqiri would be two of them, if the Barcelona game is anything to go by.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #53876 on: October 31, 2019, 04:13:44 pm »
They can repay us by not singing ''sign on'' and the rest of their disrespectful lower-league shite at Anfield.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53877 on: October 31, 2019, 04:30:31 pm »
Probably Origi and Shaqiri would be two of them, if the Barcelona game is anything to go by.

And I'd imagine the next in line would be Brewster looking at your squad list.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53878 on: October 31, 2019, 04:40:43 pm »
They can repay us by not singing ''sign on'' and the rest of their disrespectful lower-league shite at Anfield.
Don't know if it was the bigger allocation, but they seemed a completely different fanbase yesterday. I've always had them down as one of the few that support their team and don't resort to the tired anti-scouse small time stuff, so beloved of smaller clubs and Utd, but it was all there last night.

Offline Legoland

• Plazzie Brick Lid :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #53879 on: October 31, 2019, 04:45:43 pm »

I agree with you completely, I don't think the result was embarrassing at all, but I would say given the experience in your team, you should've won the game.