Author Topic: RAWK Preview: Liverpool FC vs Manchester United (Sun 1st Sept, 1.30pm)  (Read 91486 times)

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
vs

“Err Hullo, Deevid? Ish ShurrAliksh here. How err you boy?”
“Ohhhch, Am fine Mishtur Fergeeeshon. How err the wifenkidsh?”
“<hearty laugh by Alex>. I’ve a toldeeya before Deevid, itsh Shurr. Don’t you be forgettin laddeh”
“Sorry ShurrAliskh, cannae still have a job like?”
“Nooh. Now pish off back teh Everrhunn”
“Sorry ShurrAliskh, cannae pleeze?”
“Try harder”
“Sorry ShurrAliskh, cannae pleeze? Al bring Baines and Furlayneh?”
“I want eh Spanish player”
“ohkeh borsh, al bring Jageeyelka. He sounds Spanish”
“<click>”
“Hullo? Hullo? Aliksh?”

At Fergie’s home, David camps outside. The large black gates impose themselves upon him similar to those that his neighbours have at Liverpool

“ah bloodeh black gatesh again. I cannae win against em”

As the rain lashes against his rough and disheveled face, David wonders where it’s all gone wrong. He had it. He had it all. Money, fame, a privilege in a city that no other had. A privilege that he alone held that esteemed title of being a boss for 10 years and being a winner without ever winning anything. Trophies followed him. Yes. Trophies followed him.

He didn’t need trophies to be a winner. He needed Alex.

<loud buzz of intercom>

“Hullo?”
“Ish dat Catheh?”
“Who is this!?, Issat you Deevid? AGAIN!!!”
“Yuss, Yuss its shmee.  Help me. Pleeze.”

Well we all know what happened next. As Mr Ferguson looked up from his TV and turned down the volume, Grease was still playing in background and David again began daydreaming. He loved that Travolta. Even after the whole Xenu and Zebedee stuff came out.

...Oh Moyeseee bayyyybeee
Can’t you see
When Everton is done (horn horn horn horn horn)
You’ll get a call
Crawl up his arse
There’s nothing shameful my son
In heaven forever
He’ll shit and you’ll wonder whyee whyee whyee whyee whhhy
You left them
Oh Moyeseee

“Ach, sign here shonny. It’ll be okeh in tha mornin’ (hic)”

Now Moyesy’s all flash. 2 matches. 2 victories. A platter for Hibbert’s fish (don’t tell him it’s the charity shield, ‘tis all about the fish). He doesn’t count the friendlies because they had losses in them and he’s managed to get the yernited fan base to swallow the Swansea victory as well as beating Championship Wigan. When you look at the parts on paper you do begin to question how anything happens for Manchester United?

What do United have in the locker?

Robin Van Persil. All non bio too. He gets goals like only we know how and with a defence that seems to like clean sheets right now, Persil might leave stains instead of getting rid of them. Behind this things have changed. The metronome like nature of Scholes has gone for good with no chance of a third coming and Giggs is not in his pomp or knowingly in another brother’s missus. Carrick is lauded and jeered in equal measure so that leaves Valencia and Cleverley. Valencia with pace was a horrid task to contend with at the best of times and Enrique felt that a few times in previous encounters.

Then we get the defence. Rio and Vidic in the middle, Evra and Jones to the sides. We should have a field day you say but we don’t. We’ve come close and left without cigars for many reasons but one of them has got to have been a lack of belief. In the last 2 seasons when we’ve been to Old Trafford I’ve seen the same first half performance from that same god forsaken wretched position in their annoyingly polished stadium. We don’t get to grips with the task at hand til the second half and usually by then it’s too little too late. In contrast for the home games it’s been a bit different. In Evra gate we had them but they pulled one back. In Shelvey gate they got off the hook due to some contentious decisions.

Well Skeletor’s gone and he ain’t got a chance of capturing the Sorceress now. Should we hate them? Should we admire them? Just respect the achievement and move on. Banter and mickey taking aside when all is said and done Moyes is something to laugh at. We can dine out on that one for many years to come ;D

Well before us Utd played Chelsea. What the owl faced idiot saw as an “outstanding” match, I saw as a view of what to expect. Moyes would be ecstatic with a draw. In fact he’ll have a dvd of it released in time for Christmas. With that in mind I wouldn’t be surprised at a similar team turning up at Anfield. Only difference being if Rooney is on the train to the Bridge that he’ll probably opt for Ashley Young. No matter which defender he goes for I feel Kolo will eat one for lunch and take another home for his tea.

Now if Hodgson was watching our match against Notts County in the first half he’ll probably say there wasn’t enough variation and the “wong bwall” wasn’t used. Oh and no “tactikell ‘oofin’”. He’d be very disappointed with this passing game and all this movement. What a catastrophe for the Premiership! Sadly Mr Ferguson will text Moyesy and tell him to get the high crosses in  :no

If he saw the second half he'd realise we do things the hard way and with 10 men  ;D Now all pray for Kolo  :wave

Enough of Hodgson and the bug eyed bear.

We’re not devoid of brilliance nor are we lacking man for man. If anything we’ve had more belief post that Old Trafford day out and we’ve improved considerably. Even without the tiger and his teeth we’ve shown a bite that gets us excited. We know our own weakness in the back and the fortitude to overcome is just as Sturridge stated – together. For the first time in a while we’ve seen a squad that has come together to be a team. It’s a sight to behold. Kolo doing what he does best, our captain and Lucas acting with poise and we then we have a lovely little number 10. He hasn’t got a funny youtube vid like Aspas mind you but then he’s got plenty about his magic. Carrick will be so tired from watching them that he won’t know what he’s tracking.

As for Sturridge. Well, His name is Rio and he’s going to get spanked. Just watch Nemanja when Daniel dances past his arse.

Against Stoke the opening of the defence was simple. Big boys were split open. Heaven forbid! Laying siege at their goal will leave us vulnerable and they’ll counter and they’ll get to Persil and he’ll hopefully get Kolo’d. To coin the oh so used phrase from last season of “I’m writing this before blah game…” so we won’t know any ins and out at the time of writing. Much like the last time I wrote a preview before a window closed (we were going to play Man City), The drama of deadline day will have come and gone and the whispers/dodgy tweets and concocted links will be long forgotten just like the chip paper from Oldham. We don’t even mention the Oldham match nowadays yet alone recall the performance. We most definitely don’t revisit the shitty tweets or the ITK’s who DKS and then PMS to the TITs.

For those that need it that’s In The Knows, Don’t Know Shit, Peddle More Shit and well we all know tits don’t we?

Last season I did previews with Mascot Wars. This season I'm upping the ante. Doc Wars, the stethoscope strikes back. With Dr Zaf Iqbal gaining a cult status of sorts with those player medical photos I'd thought we ought to take a look if its worse elsewhere. If Moyesy is Gollum then just who will this fella be?

I give you Dr Rob Swire :lmao

When this day is done and the cup runneth over on here in the shadows of victory or defeat (we’ll make a draw either depending on mood) just remember the man whose shadow we longed to bask in. As a lovely sweatshirt donned by our very own 24/7 says “He made the people happy”. Don’t turn his centenary into a need for transfer deadline day news. Jim White isn’t even fit to lace this man’s boots let alone be a part of the celebration of his great legacy. Let it be my friends. Let. It. Be.

Please note that RAWK will mute anyone posting just a formation in a Preview thread until the day after the match is over. This is to improve the quality of preview replies. Formations posted alongside rational comments and debate are exempt. Thanks, RAWK.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 12:14:31 am by Harinder »
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Preview: Liverpool FC vs Manchester United (Sun 1st Sept, 1.30pm)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 11:31:11 pm »
Love it.

Thanking you Harinder. The previews just get better.
Yep.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Cheers

<returns to praying for Kolo>

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
Liverpool 4-1 Mancs

I had the dream last night, they always come true  :wave

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm not really sure what a bollock is, but whatever it is, if the Mancs have them, we need to kick them hard.  :evil

2-1. Skrtel has a great game, Sturridge and Henderson to score. Manc fans start freaking out & putting heat on Moyes.  8)
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline subroc

• cut at you with a clipper? Gas Face given, I beg to differ.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
With Moyes in charge of them, beating them would be like beating Untied AND Everton at the same time!

Offline proudred

• Legacy Fan
Need Johnson & Enrique to be on top form especially Johnson.Don't know who will play on the RW aspas maybe ?Also a worry that we don't have any decent backups for lucas,Gerard & Hendo.Luis alberto + Texeria

Offline Redknobprob

• Kopite
I'm not really sure what a bollock is, but whatever it is, if the Mancs have them, we need to kick them hard.  :evil

2-1. Skrtel has a great game, Sturridge and Henderson to score. Manc fans start freaking out & putting heat on Moyes.  8)

Isn't Skrtel still injured?  In any case, he hasn't played for months.  Surely he won't be risked.  Wisdom slotting in would be more logical.  The only problem is we have run out of centrebacks and there won't be any seasoned central defender covering on the bench.

5 more days to splash the cash and make it work Brendo.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
Isn't Skrtel still injured?  In any case, he hasn't played for months.  Surely he won't be risked.  Wisdom slotting in would be more logical. 

Brendan said Skrtel has been in training with the squad for a few weeks and will be back. Also playing young Wisdom would not be more logical. There is a good chance you could destroy the young lad's career if you put him up against RVP on Sunday.

Skrtel played against Celtic btw.

Offline CaptainSuarez

• Anny Roader
Worried about Enrique vs Valencia in this game. If he pushed too far up, Valencia will murder him down the left.

Anyway, feel as though we can win this, although I think a score draw is more likely. Toure is no doubt a big loss, it'll be interesting to see whether he throws Skrtel straight back in or goes for Wisdom.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
Re: RAWK Preview: Liverpool FC vs Manchester United (Sun 1st Sept, 1.30pm)
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 09:14:05 am »
Anyway, feel as though we can win this, although I think a score draw is more likely. Toure is no doubt a big loss, it'll be interesting to see whether he throws Skrtel straight back in or goes for Wisdom.

I think it's pretty clear from what he said last night, it'll be Skrtel who will be playing.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 09:15:43 am »
The injuries and the extra time against Notts County we could have really done without but regardless we've got to play with the cards we've been dealt and this is what we've got. It's going to be tough because they have a striker that scores given half a chance and we are as profligate a team as any in the league. This is obviously a problem for us and I really hope that we can stick all our chances in the net against the Mancs for once.

But that said, in Sturridge we have a striker who in theory can tear Vidic a new one. Torres is the only striker I've seen take Vidic to the cleaners like he did but Sturridge has the potential. Needless to say and particularly without Suarez, much of the Manc 'attention' will focus on Coutinho or in other words, those yard dog c*nts will look to kick the shit out of him.

For once I wish we are proactive and come out in the media before the game and ask for him to be protected. Villa got away with murder with Lawton constantly swiping at him after he had played the pass. And most importantly, COME ON LIVERPOOL !
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Redshadow

• Legacy Fan
  • Wir schaffen es diesmal mit Herrn Klopp
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2013, 09:24:10 am »
We have four days to recover, still early in the season; I don't think last night's extra time will have a significant effect on our performance. Losing Toure, however, could be an issue, but we used to have players coming up big in a big occasion, and this Sunday is one of them. Still confidence that we can win this one, the game last night just change the fact that we are not fully favorite for this game, which is what I believe our players like to be anyway.

Sturridge to continue his scoring run... (2-0)
Whatever an education is, it should make you a unique individual, not a conformist; it should furnish you with an original spirit to tackle big challenges; it should allow you to find values to road map through life; it should make you spiritually rich, a person who loves whatever you are doing, wherever you are.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2013, 09:55:57 am »
Excellent preview Harinder. :)

Cometh the hour, cometh the....

It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2013, 11:57:54 am »
Great read Harinder as always.

Can't wait for this one.  While I like poking fun at Moyes I think we all know this will be a nervous battle.  The key will be in our players minds.  In previous seasons we've lacked the mental strength to deal with these games, but you sense something about the team now.  Whatever the head doctors, groin doctors and funny bone doctors have been doing, they need to keep doing it.

The Villa and Stoke games demonstrated the mental strength.  Some might argue that we got nervous and backed off, but particularly against Villa it felt more like we were tactically sitting back and soaking up pressure.  Like we used to in the past when we had the likes of Hyppia in the team.

I'd like to see us come out as we have in our first 3 competitive matches this season... ie going for the jugular.  If the goal comes, take possession, keep it and don't let them have the ball.  Wear them down.  If the goal doesn't come, don't panic, stay in possession, keep building and keep working that Man U defence because for all those title winning medals they aren't spring chickens.

Oh and put every man available on Van Persie.  Oh and if Rooney plays rile him up so he does something stupid.  It's Liverpool v Man U.  No more mister nice guy.  It's war.

Oh and pay respect to Shankly.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2013, 12:07:07 pm »
While I like poking fun at Moyes I think we all know this will be a nervous battle.  The key will be in our players minds.  In previous seasons we've lacked the mental strength to deal with these games, but you sense something about the team now.  Whatever the head doctors, groin doctors and funny bone doctors have been doing, they need to keep doing it.

I agree and I think this is where we might have the edge.
The pressure will be on Moysey big time not to loose this game. We saw it against Chelsea how unwilling they were to take any chances and go for the kill, and I think Moyes will stay true to form and not take any undue risks.

He droned on afterwards about how they were the team who played 3 forwards blah blah, and not Chelsea, but you could tell he was terrified of losing that match. And losing his first game against us will not please the fans.
I think he'd gladly take a point now if offered it.
A lot will be left to RVP, and I think if we can prevent him from scoring, we'll win this.

Offline G1-tiga

• Kopite
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2013, 12:20:25 pm »
It's still the big one isn't it?

No matter what my two naive, manc brother's say about United VS Chelsea being bigger now I know they're wrong, my dad knows they're wrong, heck my mother knows they wrong and maybe on Sunday they will be reminded of that fact.

I think believe know we can win this one, I have argued for a while now that we are as good as United man for man and after this weekend, as the great Shankly once said 'If they didn't believe me, they believe me now!' (I know it doesn't quite fit, but it's Shankly, do you even care too much?)

I can't see Van Persie not scoring, but then I can't see Liverpool not scoring either, that in my mind is the weakness of United at the moment, they are that one man team.

3-1, Sturridge brace and Gerrard to prove why he is still one of the best.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2013, 12:25:44 pm »
They've been pretty solid at the back so our front three will have their work cut out.

Hope Brendan doesn't offer the respect he had for them before and we got battered - take the game to them.

Biggest worry is our defence - there will be wave after wave and I just think it's vulnerable. 1 - 1 but we might scrape 2 -1.

Come on redmen.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2013, 12:28:29 pm »
Excellent preview Harinder. :)

Cometh the hour, cometh the....

Come on Martin - knock his block off!!!

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2013, 12:40:10 pm »
who's the ref?

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline EmotionalCitrus

• Legacy Fan

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2013, 12:52:45 pm »
Any chance of going with all 3 of Agger, Skrtel, and Wisdom at the back? The debate about using Wisdom, or Skrtel, why not use both? Skrtel isn't match fit, Wisdom is too inexperienced to handle a Liverpool-United match, maybe playing both would help the team? It would give us a much more solid base to work from. Has Rodgers used 3 at the back before? I remember Kenny using it a few times, can't seem to remember if Rodgers has.

The rest of the team picks itself, really.

Mignolet
      Wisdom     Skrtel      Agger
Johnson                                Enrique
             Gerrard      Lucas
                   Henderson
                                      Coutinho
                     Sturridge

With Sturridge's pace to run in behind their defence, Coutinho picking out the passes, Gerrard and Lucas sitting in front of the back 3, Henderson playing the box-to-box midfielder role who does a bit of everything, and Enrique and Johnson providing the width. They're both better wingbacks than fullbacks anyway
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2013, 12:56:57 pm »
Any chance of going with all 3 of Agger, Skrtel, and Wisdom at the back?

Why change a winning system? We're at home, they play with one forward in the attacking line, if anything it's midfield we will need to pack because you know, like Ferguson last season they will play Carrick, Cleverley, Valencia with Rooney deep and Wellbeck floating behind RVP.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2013, 01:03:36 pm »
Why change a winning system? We're at home, they play with one forward in the attacking line, if anything it's midfield we will need to pack because you know, like Ferguson last season they will play Carrick, Cleverley, Valencia with Rooney deep and Wellbeck floating behind RVP.

I agree it's not ideal to change the system. I just felt that having an extra body in defence would help, what with Skrtel just coming back from injury, and Wisdom (as of now) not being ready.

I don't think he'll play all 3 of Rooney, Wellbeck and van Persie. He'll cop out and play Giggs instead of either Rooney or Wellbeck. Carrick, Cleverly, and Giggs in the middle, Valencia and Rooney/Wellbeck out wide and van Persie up top. I'd fancy Gerrard, Lucas, Henderson to get the better of Carrick, Cleverly, and Giggs in midfield. Pushing Enrique and Johnson further forward would push back Valencia and Rooney/Wellbeck, as they would have to track back to help out their fullbacks. Of course, we'd have to watch out for balls in behind our wingbacks, but we should have it covered with the extra man in defence. 
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline DyingAtheist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2013, 01:08:38 pm »
Flirting with both confidence and dread about this one.
Bit of a pain to have Kolo out, but got confidence that Skrtel will want to prove himself worthy and have a class game... and if we dominate possession like we can then it shouldn't matter too much.

They'll press us high up the pitch, but we're at home, in form, and we have to absolutely go at them from the off and get a first-half goal or they will punish us as per.

Going for a tense 1-1, but my heart says 2-1 to us.

Offline Pinky_Bieber

• shit fan whose IQ is unlikely to be exceeding 59
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2013, 01:19:13 pm »
maybe we should try Lucas at CB position? 
YNWA

Offline Bruce88

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2013, 01:26:57 pm »
Well thanks to our good start the pressure's off. Well, not really, but a little bit.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2013, 01:38:39 pm »
I'm worried about the injuries, and I'm worried about fatigue, and I'm worried about the mentality. Hopefully some of the younger players learned a lesson against Notts County. I'm certain that Moyes will be looking to break his personal Anfield hoodoo, and we will need physical and metal toughness to get a result on Sunday.

If we beat them, then it inflicts a psychological wound on that team, that manager. Even at this early stage of the season it opens things up for a four, five even six horse race for the title.

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2013, 01:42:11 pm »
Henderson to start, that's all i'll say.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2013, 01:45:48 pm »
Two interesting thoughts in my own head for this one. Will it feel a bit more like playing everton with us against Moyesey (who is of course hated by the bitters from now on for the cheap attempt at smash and grab)?.
The other is something we knew definitely has a negative effect, the Europa league factor. Totters have to play Thursday, and this has a massive negative effect on Sunday results for the same team. It means if we get a win we go top of the league, and their game is against Arsenal. truly a big game weekend. I too, would love to see a Gerrard goal in this. And a Sturridge dance or two. We owe them a thumping.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline incredibleL4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2013, 01:52:24 pm »
While I will love it when we beat them on Sunday,  I would have taken 6 point from the opening 3 games if offered.

Liverpool last lost a game on 16th March - Soton away. Thats 11 games unbeaten.
Since Suarez's ban we have won 6 and drawn 1.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2013, 01:54:18 pm »
To dare to think about winning 3 out of 3 including the spanking of the Mancs? Sure sounds sweet. If the centre-backs are on their game and work hard to keep Van Persie quiet, I don't see why not.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2013, 01:55:08 pm »
Come on Martin - knock his block off!!!

Not if Agger gets there first!

If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2013, 01:55:57 pm »
Hopefully Ferdinand plays for Man United. Hopefully Jones will still be right back. If both these things happen we will win because Sturridge will be far too good for their defence. I'd also like to see Raheem Sterling start because Jones will be woven into a basket (case) if he does. It would also liberate Coutinho to do what Coutinho does best - cause havoc down the middle. Can Carrick stop him? What do you think?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2013, 01:58:21 pm »
physical....toughness
...as always is going to be one of the keys. Couldn't help thinking last night we needed (to put it bluntly) to just get stuck in a bit more...and we did at times. Gets the crowd going and sets the tone. Don't mean go flying in recklessly....just strong, positive, firm, but also canny. No reputations to be respected. Hit them hard and early and give them no time to settle into a rhythm. Then let Phil & Dan twist Rio's keks inside out.

Cannot wait for this one.

Offline edeyj

• Legacy Fan
  • 1-2,1-2-3,1-2-3-4...5-0
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2013, 01:58:40 pm »
How about a man marking job on RvP? Hendo maybe. He's their main man and if we can neutralise him then who knows.

Offline johnny74

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2013, 02:01:30 pm »
This is going to be Liverpool vs Everton if Everton had RVP and Vidic minus Baines/Mirallas/Fellatio-aini.

If nothing changes from last season then Moyes will stifle us as much as possible but with the advantage that he now has a world class striker that can nick a goal from nothing. However....   ...I think BR is learning quite quick and we will see something different from the way we set up against Moyes EFC last time.

Condense the midfield and draw them in and hit them on the counter.

It's a tragedy that we won't have our new hero Kolo but what can you do? Just try and win to cheer him up!

Pray for Kolo!

Offline Scouse-Con

• Anny Roader
  • We Are The Legionnaires Expect Us.
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2013, 02:02:11 pm »
We will batter these from the starting whistle to the final whistle, Sturridge will score twice, Van Persie will get a season ending injury, Hendo, Stevie and Lucas will bully the midfield, Rio will get sent off and Moyes will look like an even more twat by still haven't beat us at Anfield.

Bring on the manc scum!  :scarf
Knowledge Is Free.
We Are Anonymous.
We Are Legion.

We Do Not Forgive.
We Do Not Forget.
Expect Us.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2013, 02:03:14 pm »
The team picks itself with the exception of Centre back and potentially Aspas/Sterling.

I'm confident enough because we are playing well (on the whole) but United as we know can be lethal on the break or even when seemingly being outplayed. Swansea on the opening day was a case in point. Don't be too gung ho but we can certainly beat them. Can't wait!